Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Wow. You know transfer news has gone quiet when...

I'll clarify some things.

1) I am not Les Reed.

2) I am also not a PR plant by the club.

3) I don't share with you everything I know because that would expose my source. I share what I can, when I can. I wouldn't share anything that I think might damage the clubs reputation or any transfer deals.

4) Contact with my latest source has only been established for 6 months or so.

5) I've had previous sources in the past that have come and gone from the club.

6) There have been times when I've had had no sources and just posted unsubstantiated rumours I'd heard on the forum.

7) My Danny Ings posts were 100% legit based on the information I had at the time!!

Ah ha... exactly what I'd expect a PR plant to post at this juncture... :)

(Only kidding, obviously ;) )

In all seriousness, I appreciate your posts so please don't stop

PR plant accusations! Really? :mcinnes: :mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Can someone talk me through why a multimillion pound business would bother using forum members on this forum as a deliberate PR plant? This forum is read by a tiny, tiny % of the club's fanbase. That isn't a good use of PR, if they want to leak news so the fanbase knows they tell Jeremy Wilson, Adam Blackmore, Simon Peach. Any legitimate ITKs on this forum aren't doing it as part of an elaborate conspiracy by the club, they are doing it because someone they know has told them and on their own decision have posted it here.

I was a wee bit bored at work, so went over to the dark side for a gander. They seem to think that we saw/heard messages on a phone that was used by vD and that the only way that it could be is if it was a company phone, which the club has legit access to. I think that thy need to call Mulder & Scully to get to the bottom of things.

One thing that I am curious about...they keep on going on about how we gave permission for vD to meet LFC in Blackpool. Apparently we are annoyed because he came out and said that that was his preferred destination and that we couldn't instigate a bidding war.

1) Why would we sign someone to a 6 year contract and then look to sell him straight away., ie why would we give permission for him to go to these meetings.

2) If we did why would there be any grounds for a complaint, and subsequently an apology

3) Has vD ever come out and said publicly that LFC is his preferred destination, as all I have seen is the Liverpool press saying so.

Wow. You know transfer news has gone quiet when...

I'll clarify some things.

1) I am not Les Reed.

2) I am also not a PR plant by the club.

3) I don't share with you everything I know because that would expose my source. I share what I can, when I can. I wouldn't share anything that I think might damage the clubs reputation or any transfer deals.

4) Contact with my latest source has only been established for 6 months or so.

5) I've had previous sources in the past that have come and gone from the club.

6) There have been times when I've had had no sources and just posted unsubstantiated rumours I'd heard on the forum.

7) My Danny Ings posts were 100% legit based on the information I had at the time!!

:thumbup: thanks Les. Now go pour a nice Californian Zinfandel and sign a couple of players, ta.

Can someone talk me through why a multimillion pound business would bother using forum members on this forum as a deliberate PR plant? This forum is read by a tiny, tiny % of the club's fanbase. That isn't a good use of PR, if they want to leak news so the fanbase knows they tell Jeremy Wilson, Adam Blackmore, Simon Peach. Any legitimate ITKs on this forum aren't doing it as part of an elaborate conspiracy by the club, they are doing it because someone they know has told them and on their own decision have posted it here.

# PR PLANT KLAXON ! #

Red-Siren-Animated.gif

1) Why would we sign someone to a 6 year contract and then look to sell him straight away., ie why would we give permission for him to go to these meetings.

I've got a nagging voice in my head that tells me there's a connection between Gareth Rogers leaving suddenly and the 'VvD was given permission to hold covert talks with Liverpool' story.

Nothing more than a vague hunch though.

Because they did it before. hth

I was a wee bit bored at work, so went over to the dark side for a gander. They seem to think that we saw/heard messages on a phone that was used by vD and that the only way that it could be is if it was a company phone, which the club has legit access to. I think that thy need to call Mulder & Scully to get to the bottom of things.

One thing that I am curious about...they keep on going on about how we gave permission for vD to meet LFC in Blackpool. Apparently we are annoyed because he came out and said that that was his preferred destination and that we couldn't instigate a bidding war.

2) If we did why would there be any grounds for a complaint, and subsequently an apology

3) Has vD ever come out and said publicly that LFC is his preferred destination, as all I have seen is the Liverpool press saying so.

The permission thing was put out there by some noname numpty on twitter and picked up by the express. If it's favourable to their agenda they are like a dog with a bloody great big bone.

No permission given, its being mentioned by scousers as its totally made up

I am always skeptical when someone accuses a poster of being a PR plant or actually being Les Reed because I was accused of both when I first started posting here. Yet, no one has accused me of either in years. I assume my real world identity has been sufficiently established that the unlikelihood of my plant status has been generally accepted (by anyone who cares).

But I digress. My point is that the accusers have no idea what they are talking about and pretty much never do.

I am always skeptical when someone accuses a poster of being a PR plant or actually being Les Reed because I was accused of both when I first started posting here. Yet, no one has accused me of either in years. I assume my real world identity has been sufficiently established that the unlikelihood of my plant status has been generally accepted (by anyone who cares).

But I digress. My point is that the accusers have no idea what they are talking about and pretty much never do.

It's ok Ralph we know you're not Les !

1) Why would we sign someone to a 6 year contract and then look to sell him straight away., ie why would we give permission for him to go to these meetings

"Look Virg, we know you've got 4 years on your contract and you're looking to get away shortly, and we don't need to pay you any more up until you go but...wtf, we'll give you another 30-40k a week, extend that contract anyway so you'll make a killing if you don't have to put in a transfer request, so you pop off and make all the arrangements with the scousers. Go and enjoy yourself, have a few days in the Vegas of the north with Klippity our best wishes, go on..."

With just over two weeks left of the window this is a delicate scenario:

a.) Keep VVD. He somehow gets reintegrated and we don't need to sign anyone but do have to wait for him to get fit. He doesn't want to play for us and has acted disgracefully but plays instead of a model pro because he is a miles better defender. He then gets sold next summer anyway.

b.) Keep VVD. He doesn't play for us for whatever reason (unlikely but not impossible) or misses a sizeable part of the early season when our fixtures are kindest. We need to sign someone without having VVD sale money

c.) VVD goes. We need to replace, late in the window when favoured options may not be available and will obviously be a worse player than VVD. For this to happen I think VVD would need to leave pretty soon.

d.) VVD goes. We don't sign anyone and Jeremy Wilson leaks that Stephens was our Fonte replacement and Bednarek the VVD replacement (which will never happen)

I think it will be c, probably to Chelsea. Don't see how VVD will be able to be reintegrated after his behaviour this summer and his recent statement.

With VVD available and playing our centre back situation is solid enough.

If he goes or isn't available then its the weakest pool since promotion so the replacement would be massively key. IMO Yoshida is a good 3rd choice but whoever we sign has to be better than him and be a starting XI player. A Yoshida-Stephens partnership is too lightweight over a whole season and will be bullied by teams with powerful centre backs.

For this reason surely it would need to happen very soon so we can secure a good replacement?

Interesting situation, especially as Saints have little control over whether a or b would happen should he stay. Must be a very tough decision for the club: stick to principles or do what is best to give clarity to the team.

"Look Virg, we know you've got 4 years on your contract and you're looking to get away shortly, and we don't need to pay you any more up until you go but...wtf, we'll give you another 30-40k a week, extend that contract anyway so you'll make a killing if you don't have to put in a transfer request, so you pop off and make all the arrangements with the scousers. Go and enjoy yourself, have a few days in the Vegas of the north with Klippity our best wishes, go on..."

Nah, don't buy it this time. Ralph's language was very different. He said something along the lines that this year we didn't need to sell, and wouldn't not even for £60m. The interesting bit was the "this year" (or whatever his words were). I'd far rather believe others who say it was a twitter thing that seems to have transcended complete bolløcks and mutated into (so called) fact.

Nah, don't buy it this time. Ralph's language was very different. He said something along the lines that this year we didn't need to sell, and wouldn't not even for £60m. The interesting bit was the "this year" (or whatever his words were). I'd far rather believe others who say it was a twitter thing that seems to have transcended complete bolløcks and mutated into (so called) fact.

I feel you may have misunderstood my sarcastic intentions...

Steve Parrish the Palace owner use to post covertly on the Palace version of Saints web, Apparently he blew his own cover by posting something only he would know.

Oooo maybe we should set a trap for Tom? :D

Ask him about Les's embarrassing birth mark... There's only a handful of us that know about that.

I don't buy Tom's made up stories. They are quite clearly transparent attempts by the club's PR team to polish Les's image in an attempt to dispel the Liar Les tag.

I think I've figured it out! Tom28 is most likely a guy called Tom who was born in 1928. Les Reed was born 24 years after, in 1952. Therefore, Tom28 must be Les's 89 year old Dad! ;)

I think I've figured it out! Tom28 is most likely a guy called Tom who was born in 1928. Les Reed was born 24 years after, in 1952. Therefore, Tom28 must be Les's 89 year old Dad! ;)

And you are a time traveler from the year 3737?

Brazil and Quinn still banging on about VVD, expecting him to sign for Liverpool before the end of the transfer window. I had to turn it off. Will listen again when he stays with us or signs for Chelsea.

I have transgressed into finding the squeaky Quim and all the cockney supporting Liverpool fans quite amusing. [Jim White had a good one yesterday about supporters not having any connection what so ever with the club they so called support]. It is funny that they are still going on and on and on about signing vD.