Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Great statement from Ralph. Sent the message loud and clear. Now we need to get VVD's mind right and get him playing.

It's an interesting point. The way I see it, is we've now put out a strong statement & the ball back in their court - VvD & agent.

So he either agrees to it, or with time left in the window, he goes for DEFCON 1 & goes on strike, refusing to play.

He'll be alright, he's been training. He's been on the verge of being made the Worlds most expensive defender and playing Champions League football, I doubt he's been sat around the house eating pizza all day.

Good point in fairness. If Liverpool signed him I doubt they'd give him 6 weeks to get match sharp. He'd be expected to be match fit and start playing almost straight away. Maybe not start him this Saturday but he should be ready in the next week or two.

Lets be realistic he wasn't going to be considered without playing a competitive match in what 8 months. Even if he had played on sat I doubt he'd have made the squad

With a pre-season and 90 minutes behind him he would have been in the squad, bet you as many tulips as you want.

Unfair on Hoj. He isn't bad and will get better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could get better. There was room for him to improve when he arrived and he's worse than when he arrived, so yes there's plenty of room for him to improve still.

That doesn't mean he will.

Isn't your secretary extra busy with all the work you have? Or have you now hired another? ... .

I won't put in an emoticon as with you it won't be necessary.

I recently received a 3000+ page trial transcript to read. While, eventually, that will generate work for my secretary, me reading doesn't generate much work on its own. So she had time today and the Krueger transcript was short. I actually wish it was longer because she would have had time to do that as well.

Thank you for sparing everyone the emoticon.

Edited by Redslo
to avoid confusion

Yep, it's very satisfying alright. The arrogant/deluded ****s.

Their transfer dealings have been a little bizarre. They seem to have put all their eggs in the vD basket and seemingly have no Plan B. If they get no one, then they really have no one to blame but themselves. They obviously thought that we would sell without a fight and it seemingly (although there are still 2 weeks to go) is going to backfire. I head on the radio (talk****e) a sensible Liverpool caller (complete with Cockney accent) saying that the best option would not to spend £60m (this is pre Ralph's words today) but instead get Sakho back in the team. That fat **** Quim said no way that was going to happen as the relationship has completely gone. Well, some Scousers were going on about us cutting our nose off to spite our face (by not selling to them!!!!!) when really, they really are cutting their nose off over Sakho.

Could get better. There was room for him to improve when he arrived and he's worse than when he arrived, so yes there's plenty of room for him to improve still.

That doesn't mean he will.

Few improved under Puel. Think we should give him a break

Few improved under Puel. Think we should give him a break

Utter bollix but not surprised to see you rewriting history. Romeu, yoshida, stephens, mcqueen, jwp, redmond, cedric to name a few all significantly improved under puel.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Good. Let's make a stand and try to change the way we do things a bit. Our team chops and changes so much since promotion. It'd be nice to watch a team grow a bit again like in the promotion years. Unlikely in today's game, but it'd be nice.

Our longest serving player is a 22 year old! And there's very few who've been consistently around for a number of years except him.

Agreed, he played very well in the recent u23 game imho.

He was bang average imo in that game but there's definitely a proper player there. What impressed me though was his attitude. Didn't stroll about but put a shift in and spoke to the youngsters and was a leader in the middle.

Utter bollix but not surprised to see you rewriting history. Romeu, yoshida, stephens, mcqueen, jwp, redmond, cedric to name a few all significantly improved under puel.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

What a load of tosh,you could argue Cedric had settled in the epl, Stephen's and McQueen hadn't really played all they got was more game time, yoshi is still the same yoshi, Redmond is the same as when we signed him, poor just a squad filler only one I'd say was Jwp but on the flip side how bad have forster, hoj become even gabbi seems a shadow of when he 1st arrived

If he hasn't been training I don't want him back in the first team until mid September at the earliest. Stephens and Yoshi are doing fine at the moment. Stephens in particular looks the business right now.

dont be daft. he will play pretty sharpish when all this is resolved.

Dutch manager says VVD is not currently training at Southampton?? So is he refusing to train now or is it lost in translation

Difficult to have confidence in what is said about The Lying Dutchman's training as reasons accumulate; no contact as foot not recovered; the virus; frame of mind; etc. But 8 months without playing, limited pre-season and not working with the first team is hardly good preparation for international football. He surely knew that so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Some photo doing the round on twitter about him being in an office in London so obviously it's Chelsea. Although Liverpool and Man City have offices in London, or it could be something totally unconnected to football and it could have been taken a while ago. Nah, let's say he's moving to Chelsea to make the dippers cry.

He'll apologise, say how he's focused on doing his best for the team etc and play, but not before September 1st.

I'm guessing the agent will have to take much of the blame. "I didn't mean it that way, but my agent said I should play along. I still love Southampton very much, and our fans have always been wonderful to me."

Some photo doing the round on twitter about him being in an office in London so obviously it's Chelsea. Although Liverpool and Man City have offices in London, or it could be something totally unconnected to football and it could have been taken a while ago. Nah, let's say he's moving to Chelsea to make the dippers cry.

He was at his agents offices. No idea why.

dont be daft. he will play pretty sharpish when all this is resolved.

I have a little niggle about the possible re intergration of VVD into the team. I have mentioned before that last season I thought the team did a Leicester with Ranieri on Puel. The evening in Prague just had something in it to think like that. 1-0 down McQueen with space to run into to open up attacks, him calling for it Puel telling the team to play to McQueen too and everytime the ball played to the opposite side which was much more congested. The person most guilty of ignoring Puel and McQueen was VVD.

After being raped and pillaged for players every summer, I am pleased that Saints have been able to dig their heels in over this and also not buckled to pressure from the player and agent playing their games. It's also interesting that no one has tabled a bid, we all know that Liverpool is "the players preferred choice" but still you would expect someone to put in a cheeky bid for someone allegedly as good as Virgil.

So we get to the 1st September and he is still a Saints player, he wakes up and decides he wants to play football, what's to stop him subtly getting his own back on Saints for not letting him leave. 0-0, 1-1, oppos attack "accidentally" trips a player or handles the ball, of all the want away players this summer his actions do appear to be the most messy.

I have a little niggle about the possible re intergration of VVD into the team. I have mentioned before that last season I thought the team did a Leicester with Ranieri on Puel. The evening in Prague just had something in it to think like that. 1-0 down McQueen with space to run into to open up attacks, him calling for it Puel telling the team to play to McQueen too and everytime the ball played to the opposite side which was much more congested. The person most guilty of ignoring Puel and McQueen was VVD.

After being raped and pillaged for players every summer, I am pleased that Saints have been able to dig their heels in over this and also not buckled to pressure from the player and agent playing their games. It's also interesting that no one has tabled a bid, we all know that Liverpool is "the players preferred choice" but still you would expect someone to put in a cheeky bid for someone allegedly as good as Virgil.

So we get to the 1st September and he is still a Saints player, he wakes up and decides he wants to play football, what's to stop him subtly getting his own back on Saints for not letting him leave. 0-0, 1-1, oppos attack "accidentally" trips a player or handles the ball, of all the want away players this summer his actions do appear to be the most messy.

Are you saying VVD deliberately played badly in Prague so we would be out and Puel would be sacked? Seems a bit far fetched to me. Mind you, we were atrocious that night.