Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Some photo doing the round on twitter about him being in an office in London so obviously it's Chelsea. Although Liverpool and Man City have offices in London, or it could be something totally unconnected to football and it could have been taken a while ago. Nah, let's say he's moving to Chelsea to make the dippers cry.

FWIW

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-liverpool-target-virgil-van-11000341

Some photo doing the round on twitter about him being in an office in London so obviously it's Chelsea. Although Liverpool and Man City have offices in London, or it could be something totally unconnected to football and it could have been taken a while ago. Nah, let's say he's moving to Chelsea to make the dippers cry.

I went to London once. I can confirm that I didn't sign for Chelsea.

Are you saying VVD deliberately played badly in Prague so we would be out and Puel would be sacked? Seems a bit far fetched to me. Mind you, we were atrocious that night.

Not just him. i watched that game in the stadium without major beer goggles on, which probably made how bad we were even worse. it wasn't until later in the season, possibly the EFL cup games where a bit more effort was being made, then run in to the end of the season, it was just something that made me go hmmmm. That night in Prague was probably the most animated I had seen Puel on the touchline in the whole of the season, at times he was hopping mad.

In all honesty, in light of the way this whole business has been played out over the summer by both the player and his agent nothing should surprise any of us. By all accounts there was enough discontent about Puel in the dressing room to enlist a few unsuspecting cohorts.

Anyway before everyone kicks me round the playground, mine was just a thought NOT a statement of fact.

Having won the ultimate prize in English Football, did anyone think what happened with Ranieri at Leicester would happen the very next season.............. Strange how they went for miles in the Champions League yet failed to turn up for domestic league matches.

Edited by John Boy Saint

It is a bit odd that the word 'London' is writ large, though, innit? Why else would he do that if it was not a hint? Still, might all be moot if we stick to our guns and Kreuger's not for sale is for real and not a bluff to keep the Hoedt price low. The fact that he wrote Big Dog, and Battersea Dog's Home is near(ish) to Chelsea is of course not really a go-er...

Not just him. i watched that game in the stadium without major beer goggles on, which probably made how bad we were even worse. it wasn't until later in the season, possibly the EFL cup games where a bit more effort was being made, then run in to the end of the season, it was just something that made me go hmmmm. That night in Prague was probably the most animated I had seen Puel on the touchline in the whole of the season, at times he was hopping mad.

In all honesty, in light of the way this whole business has been played out over the summer by both the player and his agent nothing should surprise any of us. By all accounts there was enough discontent about Puel in the dressing room to enlist a few unsuspecting cohorts.

Anyway before everyone kicks me round the playground, mine was just a thought NOT a statement of fact.

I was there too. Worst performance I have ever seen.

I have a little niggle about the possible re intergration of VVD into the team. I have mentioned before that last season I thought the team did a Leicester with Ranieri on Puel. The evening in Prague just had something in it to think like that. 1-0 down McQueen with space to run into to open up attacks, him calling for it Puel telling the team to play to McQueen too and everytime the ball played to the opposite side which was much more congested. The person most guilty of ignoring Puel and McQueen was VVD.

After being raped and pillaged for players every summer, I am pleased that Saints have been able to dig their heels in over this and also not buckled to pressure from the player and agent playing their games. It's also interesting that no one has tabled a bid, we all know that Liverpool is "the players preferred choice" but still you would expect someone to put in a cheeky bid for someone allegedly as good as Virgil.

So we get to the 1st September and he is still a Saints player, he wakes up and decides he wants to play football, what's to stop him subtly getting his own back on Saints for not letting him leave. 0-0, 1-1, oppos attack "accidentally" trips a player or handles the ball, of all the want away players this summer his actions do appear to be the most messy.

For me it's more about the message it sends out to the rest of the team. "Stephens, Yoshida - you guys have been working hard all summer, and playing well, but you know that guy who has thrown his toys out the pram and said he doesn't want to play with any of you lot any more? Well he's actually quite good, so he's picked instead".

Obviously in time he needs to be back playing because he is a great defender and we will be a better team because of his presence, but there may need to be careful handling of the 'reintegration'.

Dutch manager says VVD is not currently training at Southampton?? So is he refusing to train now or is it lost in translation

Just had a quick look and **** Advocaat says: There,s no point in selecting Virgil van Dijk, he hasnt played in pre-season and isnt training with the rest of the group at Southampton.

If he's got any sense (which he hasn't) he'll be there to sack his agent, make him the scapegoat, and draft up a handwritten and genuine apology letter to the club and fans.

It's his only way out if the board have indeed, slammed the door shut.

Yes, unfortunately, probably more likely to be to come up with a plan for what kind of threats / sulky social media posts etc that they can employ next to try to pressurise Saints into changing their stance. Probably something along the lines of Coutinho's reported threat to Liverpool that he "won't play for the club again" I fear. I still suspect that this will drag on until September despite the club's efforts to draw a line.

But let's hope some common sense will prevail!

I can't imagine the reception from certain home fans at SMS if he finally gets to play

Hopefully, he'll get a similar reaction from fans as Schneiderlin got after he threw his toys out of the pram...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11146640/Morgan-Schneiderlin-Southamptons-broken-promises-forced-me-to-send-controversial-tweet.html

“The club had always told me he would sell me for the right price. Me and my agents, we went calmly to this appointment July 29, with very interesting proposals. For me, with six years in Southampton and everything that I had given to this club, everything should be finalised in the day [for a transfer].

“I told them that I had signed for a project that was to keep the best people to go further. But before that meeting, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Luke Shaw, Chambers had left. I wondered, ‘This is not the same thing, it's not possible. What are they doing?’

“Chambers signed the day before our meeting with Arsenal. The club then saw our fans were starting to freak out. The bosses said, ‘If we sell Morgan, they'll burn down the stadium.’

“They then assured me, and my agents, ‘Morgan, it is not for sale. We will not listen. Morgan will stay. This is the project. He has nothing to say’. It was a shock for me. I thought, ‘Why block me after I gave my all for the club?’

“I told the club, ‘you do not respect me, you do not respect your words, you treat me like cattle’. They defended their interests and I defended mine.”

Having asked not to play in a friendly against Bayer Leverkusen on August 9, Schneiderlin was advised to go on strike until the end of the transfer window to try to force through a move.

But he made his first-team comeback against Liverpool eight days later and claims the reaction from the Southampton fans convinced him he could keep playing for the club.

“I felt Southampton would not let me leave,” said Schneiderlin in an interview with France Football. “They would have preferred to leave me in the gutter, so to speak, for six months.

“So I started training, I took pleasure in touch the ball, I really needed to play football, and I was made to play against Liverpool. At Anfield, all fans of Southampton applauded me and my name was chanted. It has warmed my heart. I knew then that I would spend the season at Southampton.

Edited by trousers

Listen, we all know that the situation has been driven by his agent, and it is his agent that is the villain of the peace. If he comes back then I would be more than happy to forgive so long as there is 100% commitment.

Absolutely. If his performances are to the standard we know he can produce then he will have my support.

Let him have the chance to earn the move his talent deserves, he can do better then Liverpool.

Absolutely. If his performances are to the standard we know he can produce then he will have my support.

Let him have the chance to earn the move his talent deserves, he can do better then Liverpool.

Watching Barca last night, he has to be better than what they have!!

Listen, we all know that the situation has been driven by his agent, and it is his agent that is the villain of the peace. If he comes back then I would be more than happy to forgive so long as there is 100% commitment.
To an extent I agree, but he is also a grown adult, he can't hide behind is agent and say he's the bad man and I was forced into this. He will have to grovel if he makes it back to the team but the world and his dog can see he is verging on world class and it would be stupid not to have him in the team, stripped of the captaincy of course.

If he does comes back into the fray, he'll give his all, at least for his teammates' sake, and we'll probably move on and forget eventually. Until May comes around.

The fans will boo him initially though. Of that there is no doubt.

I actually think the majority will sing his name in appreciation to ensure he has the confidence and doesn't **** up.

Be an interesting little poll to see people's reactions if he ever pulls a shirt on again.

If he plays and I think he will he will need to have a great season to attract new suitors next summer, stay in the Dutch team and possibly play in the World Cup and on the basis we are signing Hoedt there is a bit mire competition for him anyway. I think he will sort his head out and deliver a great season.

If he plays and I think he will he will need to have a great season to attract new suitors next summer, stay in the Dutch team and possibly play in the World Cup and on the basis we are signing Hoedt there is a bit mire competition for him anyway. I think he will sort his head out and deliver a great season.
Yep, if he did play I reckon he'd play out of his skin, a team with VvD in and playing well would be to our benefit imo.

Anyone that does boo him when he's wearing the Saints shirt deserves to be ejected from the ground.

Hang on, when you have finished assuming the moral high ground can you just bear in mind the following - HE HAS REFUSED TO PLAY FOR SOUTHAMPTON therefore supporters are perfectly within their rights to let the guy know how they feel. It would be a boo when he first touches the ball then that would be it, kind of a "we aren't happy with you treating our club like ****e but its time to move on"

Anyone that does boo him when he's wearing the Saints shirt deserves to be ejected from the ground.

Why? Of all the reasons to boo a player, being unprofessional, disrespectful and disruptive is one of the better ones. It's a much better reason than just playing ****, which is the commonest reason people get booed.

Why? Of all the reasons to boo a player, being unprofessional, disrespectful and disruptive is one of the better ones. It's a much better reason than just playing ****, which is the commonest reason people get booed.

True, but in life, it is much better to be magnanimous.

We've got Van Dijk

Virgil Van Dijk

Scousers didn't understand

They thought he'd go away

But now he's gonna stay

We've got Virgil Van Dijk.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How about:

We've got Van Dijk

Virgil Van Dijk

They tried to tap him up

We told them to get f*cked

How about:

We've got Van Dijk

Virgil Van Dijk

They tried to tap him up

We told them to get f*cked

Rhyming leaves a little to be desired, but I like the sentiment. [emoji6]

Logical. Nothing's working. What next?

Yeah, the Chairman has stated he's not going and missing out on a World cup place due to not properly training or playing, what else can he do? His agent should say "get your head down, get working and we'll get something in place for the end of the season"

Yeah, the Chairman has stated he's not going and missing out on a World cup place due to not properly training or playing, what else can he do? His agent should say "get your head down, get working and we'll get something in place for the end of the season"

There is no world cup place for VvD because the dutch won't qualify so what does he care really. This will probably not end well at all. All Dutch WC qualifiying hopes will be over on the 31st August.

I don't care how talented he is, i don't want the weasel anywhere near our club. He has completely disrespected the club and the fans. I will not boo him if he ever plays for us again BUT i will not cheer him.

Everything he does from here on in will be about what's best for him and what it will take to get his move out of here....be that before the window closes (personally don't think that will happen) or in the summer.

He can f*** right off as far as i am concerned!