Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

the orchested campaign begins. I thought Liverpool footaball club had put out a statement that they had withdrawn their interest and had apologised to our fans. Thus admitting they are causing us offence and upset, in these times of claims perhaps we should have the help of an ambulance chasing lawyer on this as ' the stress of Liverpools now renewed interest is causing us much strain and we cant sleep, and are having to get medication to help stop it.'

If you think a child talking to a player in Finland is an "orchestrated campaign" then God help us all.

Clearly liverpool have been briefing the media again.

The main thing about Liverpool I've noticed is that they aren't exactly pushing ahead with any other centre-backs.

I don't believe Virgil would be their No.1 target for so long and they just walk away.

Perhaps Liverpool issued that statement to appease Saints and make the PL's investigation go away (I'm not actually sure if the investigation is concluded, underway or if it ever occurred).

As the next phase of their cunning plan, they today brief only a few respected media sources instead of every media source they've ever dealt with, and instead of the media version of explosive diarrhea that got them into trouble a few weeks ago they do it in a low key way by burying it in articles about a different transfer. Next step: toys ejected from pram. Then more pressure in the media suggesting their interest in VVD is not as over as they once said it was, until they make contact with Les.

Many Liverpool fans think that this will still happen, you just have to read the blogs, Twitter or visit the general transfer discussion thread on RAWK. I think that Liverpool are the only club stupid enough to pay £60-75 million for him. I hope that Saints hold firm just to spite the scousers.

Perhaps Liverpool issued that statement to appease Saints and make the PL's investigation go away (I'm not actually sure if the investigation is concluded, underway or if it ever occurred).

As the next phase of their cunning plan, they today brief only a few respected media sources instead of every media source they've ever dealt with, and instead of the media version of explosive diarrhea that got them into trouble a few weeks ago they do it in a low key way by burying it in articles about a different transfer. Next step: toys ejected from pram. Then more pressure in the media suggesting their interest in VVD is not as over as they once said it was, until they make contact with Les.

Many Liverpool fans think that this will still happen, you just have to read the blogs, Twitter or visit the general transfer discussion thread on RAWK. I think that Liverpool are the only club stupid enough to pay £60-75 million for him. I hope that Saints hold firm just to spite the scousers.

Like I said earlier they're trying to turn us fans against vvd to force the club's hand imo !

Just shows how much contempt football clubs have for the FA and by the same token how bloody feeble the FA is, if they can apologise leave it 10 days then start all over again from a different angle.

That said The FA would be all over little Southampton if positions were reversed.

But then the FA showed just how good they are at running football by suggesting recently that there is a salary cap in Women's football!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-set-break-transfer-record-10656924

Klopp would still love to be able to make up with the Southampton board and put the ‘misunderstanding’ over their interest in Van Dijk behind them by agreeing a fee for the player that would be acceptable to them.

It would be a joke if we sold to them.

Like I said earlier they're trying to turn us fans against vvd to force the club's hand imo !

I have an idea. why not contact the club directly and let them know that the fans will turn against them if the sell VVD to Liverpool this year.

I have an idea. why not contact the club directly and let them know that the fans will turn against them if the sell VVD to Liverpool this year.

I kind of did in the club questionnaire they emailed me under the question "what would make you love saints more" I put slightly tongue in check "stop selling our players to Liverpool" not sure it will make much difference though :(

I would not be at all surprised if VVD is a Liverpool player come the start of the season.

I just wish, if we do sell him to them, we'd kept our mouth shut about the tapping up stuff as it makes us look a little stupid.

Time for Les and the board to grow some backbone and just tell them to f*ck off, IMO.

If you think a child talking to a player in Finland is an "orchestrated campaign" then God help us all.
well he couldnt do it in Blackpool and Liverpool. It has got the media attention and fans seeing it, at the same time VVD seemingly disloyal just as Lallanas did.

Get the player knocked off his pedestal by the fans and then the club is well on the way to buying him.

Subtle avenues, it will next be an interview in a Dutch paper that will just show a little more disloyalty, which will be said as misinterpritation, and then the next little erosion will be added.

Perhaps Saints have been surprised and disappointed that Liverpool did take the offer off the table and happy for them to review and up their offer now.

well he couldnt do it in Blackpool and Liverpool. It has got the media attention and fans seeing it, at the same time VVD seemingly disloyal just as Lallanas did.

Get the player knocked off his pedestal by the fans and then the club is well on the way to buying him.

Subtle avenues, it will next be an interview in a Dutch paper that will just show a little more disloyalty, which will be said as misinterpritation, and then the next little erosion will be added.

Perhaps Saints have been surprised and disappointed that Liverpool did take the offer off the table and happy for them to review and up their offer now.

For the record I couldn't give a **** if VVD was interviewed on TV wearing a liverpool shirt and a comedy scouse curly wig pledging his love for all things scouse as long as he is at SMS against the swans with a saints shirt on.

"Players and their agents hold all the power these days and if he says he won’t kick another ball for Southampton and demands a move, it will happen."

Well actually, no they don't hold all the power these days. That is what Liverpool mistakenly think. There is a contract in place between both parties, and we hold his player registration. But of course it is a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face. However the situation is risible.

Liverpool talk to him, agree terms etc, and are prepared to pay £50m.

We get the hump and say no, and that anyway, his value is £70m

Liverpool not prepared to pay that so, as marc says, the ex players come out and say that he should force a move by going on strike.

Brilliant. And he has the gall to say "I don’t like the way the game has gone in some ways and players can hold clubs to ransom if they want a move and big money offers are coming in, but that the way of the world now." And even more risible is his next load of bollôcks. "Let’s look at the facts here: Southampton paid £13m for this guy a couple of years ago and they could end up making a profit of around £40m on him." So because we make a £40m profit (not sure quite why he thinks we will sell at what Liverpool want to pay) we should be happy and let him go.

Just have to laugh really, as it really is a little pathetic. So :lol:

For the record I couldn't give a **** if VVD was interviewed on TV wearing a liverpool shirt and a comedy scouse curly wig pledging his love for all things scouse as long as he is at SMS against the swans with a saints shirt on.
I think you would and if he made a crucial mistake against Liverpool he would be crucified.

We assume that he will come back to be the same player of course, think Jrod , nothing is certain but I suspect he will be superb but you never know

I think you would and if he made a crucial mistake against Liverpool he would be crucified.

We assume that he will come back to be the same player of course, think Jrod , nothing is certain but I suspect he will be superb but you never know

No I really wouldn't. Rather that the sell him. If we allow him to move he will, why would t he? Force him to stay he will be a little bitter but I'd rather have a possed off vvd than any other defender we can muster

Message to the club - DO NOT SELL VAN DIJK TO LIVERPOOL. I'd rather we let him rot in the f**king reserves if he ends up stropping and not wanting to play.

Will lose a lot of respect for Reed if he caves in on this one.

Not like he won't have other options to go elsewhere.

But we look like mugs if we lose him to Liverpool, regardless of the fee.

I'd rather sell him to an Italian or Spanish team for 10 million, than sell him to Liverpool for 80 million. The money isn't important to me; it's the principle.

Well of course the money isn't important to you, it's not your money. Bet you'd be amongst the moaners if the owner suddeny decided to reclaim all of the money she's loaned to the club over the years. Very silly attitude.

I would not be at all surprised if VVD is a Liverpool player come the start of the season.

I just wish, if we do sell him to them, we'd kept our mouth shut about the tapping up stuff as it makes us look a little stupid.

Time for Les and the board to grow some backbone and just tell them to f*ck off, IMO.

It's not about telling them to f*ck off though - that's the easy bit. It's about managing a player who doesn't want to be at this club, wants to be elsewhere and whose head is likely gone.

F*ck off is easy. What happens next aint.

I'd rather sell him to an Italian or Spanish team for 10 million, than sell him to Liverpool for 80 million. The money isn't important to me; it's the principle.

Sorry but this made me laugh a little - it's very easy to display such principles when it's not your money. Very noble attitude and all that - but if that 80 million pounds were yours, where would your principles be then?

Sorry but this made me laugh a little - it's very easy to display such principles when it's not your money. Very noble attitude and all that - but if that 80 million pounds were yours, where would your principles be then?

Well of course, just like some other club is going to sell us a decent replacement for a ridiculously low sum because they didn't want to sell him to whatever other club their fans don't like for a big transfer fee..

Liverpool need to understand that no amount of money can buy their way out of this level of disrespect and misconduct. If we sell to them they just won't get the message and next year it will be Romeu getting video messages from Klopp and hanging out with him in Blackpool.

It's not about telling them to f*ck off though - that's the easy bit. It's about managing a player who doesn't want to be at this club, wants to be elsewhere and whose head is likely gone.

F*ck off is easy. What happens next aint.

Sympathise with Virgil and explain you appreciate he is disappointed that he won't have the chance to suck off Klopp, but then remind him that he is contracted to Southampton for another 5 years and that we are angry with how Liverpool have conducted their transfer business over the past couple of years so will not sell to them.

Offer the alternative of us being willing to sell, should another club come in an match our asking price.

Still don't really get why he is apparently so set on going to Liverpool. Chelsea and Man City will pay him as much if not more, London is way more preferable to live in than Liverpool, he'll slot into either of those teams as pretty much first choice so no worries there, Conte and Guardiola are at the least as good managers as Klopp, if not better to be honest and those two clubs are far far more likely to win something than Liverpool over the next few years.

I mean pool only scraped into the Champions league because they played zero European football last year and still didn't do great in the cups, with the pressure of Europe and potential injuries they are no guarantee for a top 4 spot next year. Hardly like they are a team brimming with world class talent, without Mane they looked pretty ordinary. Those other two squads have world class players and are likely to buy more.

Plus he could end up at a Barca, Real Madrid or Juve, again clubs much more likely to be successful than Liverpool.

Still don't really get why he is apparently so set on going to Liverpool. Chelsea and Man City will pay him as much if not more, London is way more preferable to live in than Liverpool, he'll slot into either of those teams as pretty much first choice so no worries there, Conte and Guardiola are at the least as good managers as Klopp, if not better to be honest and those two clubs are far far more likely to win something than Liverpool over the next few years.

I mean pool only scraped into the Champions league because they played zero European football last year and still didn't do great in the cups, with the pressure of Europe and potential injuries they are no guarantee for a top 4 spot next year. Hardly like they are a team brimming with world class talent, without Mane they looked pretty ordinary. Those other two squads have world class players and are likely to buy more.

Plus he could end up at a Barca, Real Madrid or Juve, again clubs much more likely to be successful than Liverpool.

I don't think City and Chelsea will though, seems like Liverpool are putting up more than anyone else to try and attract him, from an article I read. If City or Chelsea were offering the same money he'd undoubtedly want to go there, everyone wants to play for a big club but at the end of the day money talks.

Liverpool need to understand that no amount of money can buy their way out of this level of disrespect and misconduct. If we sell to them they just won't get the message and next year it will be Romeu getting video messages from Klopp and hanging out with him in Blackpool.

Not Oriol, he's different.

In the same way Jose was. And Morgan was. And Virgil is. :scared:

Especially if said Italian or Spanish club then immediately sold him to Liverpool for £50m... :o

The gall of the scousers in the press really is remarkable. I know they tend to have a high opinion of themselves but their levels of condenscension are embarrassing.