Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I remember when the manager said he was not going to everton....he then went to everton

Until Virgil comes out and tells us all he is not going anywhere, the attention is going to grow a heck of a lot

That's because journalists are lazy and will put two and two together and get five.

Why don't you try being a bit more positive? It can't be good for your own well-being to be so negative constantly. I worry for you.

I will wait until the summer transfer window is closed until I am sure any player will be here next season. Players and managers have said that they would stay another season. DoFs and chairmen have said that we'll keep them. Turns out that they have all been mistaken.

I hope that is the case. His value won't change much if we hold onto him for another season, if anything it could go up.

Well it will go up, no doubt about it. Would be nice if the board hold their nerve and do as they did with Morgan, we benefit two ways then, another year of VVD and an even bigger transfer fee.

Call me deluded, but I believe he will be here next season.

Being a cynic doesn't make you prescient.

People need to get a ****ing seriously stronghold of their ball sacks.

He is either here next season (I think he will be), or we will be holding onto a massive wodge load of cash... Either way, we're laughing!!!

Call me deluded, but I believe he will be here next season.

Being a cynic doesn't make you prescient.

I dont think you need to be a cynic to think he will go in the summer. He's too good for us, too soon, and the big bid will come and it will be too big for him and us.

There's a possibility that we do a Morgan on him (we promise you can go next summer) but I just don't think it would work.

I dont think you need to be a cynic to think he will go in the summer. He's too good for us, too soon, and the big bid will come and it will be too big for him and us.

There's a possibility that we do a Morgan on him (we promise you can go next summer) but I just don't think it would work.

But that's the point. There have been occasions where we've called the shots. I'm not stupid, and if an enormous offer comes in, and the player wants to go, the chances are he will.

I just get a bit fed up with all this "you're deluded if" posturing. There's very little that is certain in life, and even less so in football.

He is either here next season (I think he will be), or we will be holding onto a massive wodge load of cash... Either way, we're laughing!!!

Depends on what happens with the wodge of cash.

The new owner will want to make a big PR hit early doors. Therefore, he might stay.

Unless they go for the Everton approach - "New Southampton owners to inject £100m for new players*"

*of which £50m will be from van Dijk, £25m from Bertrand, £25m from other player sales.

I personally think he'll be here at least for next season, much the same as Wanyama and Schneiderlin.

With five years left on his contract we really can call the shots, it's an option for us to decide he's more important to the club than the money, and it'd be more than half a decade from now before any other club could do a damn thing about it.

The club will probably have a few people asking for refunds if he does go, considering the wording and him literally being front and centre of our advertising for season tickets, on top of the manager specifically saying he'll be here next season.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 12.34.07.jpg

What do you think will happen with it?

Most in the bank, the rest on an inferior replacement. OR all in the bank and carry on with the present CB pairing.

Either way what me, you or anyone else on here thinks will play no part in it.

Most in the bank, the rest on an inferior replacement. OR all in the bank and carry on with the present CB pairing.

Either way what me, you or anyone else on here thinks will play no part in it.

Lovren replaced by Alderweireld, Alderweireld replaced by van Dijk

Does that not suggest we know what we are doing when it comes to signing centre backs?

Lovren replaced by Alderweireld, Alderweireld replaced by van Dijk

Does that not suggest we know what we are doing when it comes to signing centre backs?

That trend certainly stopped this year leaving us with our 3rd/4th/5th or whatever you rank them as as our starting two.

Or money used to increase wages & extend contracts of important players, which is what happened last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club will probably have a few people asking for refunds if he does go, considering the wording and him literally being front and centre of our advertising for season tickets, on top of the manager specifically saying he'll be here next season.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2441&stc=1

Hope you are right about VVD but I got an email from Ron last year when I renewed my season ticket and that didn't work out too well :(

He wont go until Xmas at the earliest IMO. Other clubs will want to see how he performs after his injury.

Yeah and I think we have a pretty good reputation with rehab after injuries, so I reckon it would make sense for him and us to stick around for a bit. Maybe another season!

Yeah and I think we have a pretty good reputation with rehab after injuries, so I reckon it would make sense for him and us to stick around for a bit. Maybe another season!

do we have a good reputation with rehab? has not worked with Jay Rod!

if you enjoy having transfer revenue measuring contests, yeah.

Pretty sure R. Semedo is our No 1 target in defence - didn't quite manage to get him in Jan, but if we've done things correctly, we must be pretty far down the line with his people. I can't bear thinking about just how good he'd be next to VVD. We could really build a beast of a team. Only problem is about 7 clubs are 3 players away from an amazing team!

We're more than three players short - and that's assuming we'll be able to hold onto our best ones, which we won't.

If I was in charge of Saints transfers I would suggest to VVD's agent that he allow VVD to stay until the January transfer window opens.

During this time VVD can show prospective buyers how well he has recovered without them taking a bit of a risk in the summer. Also by

then the agent will be able to demand even higher wages for his client, easily making up for the smaller amount Saints can afford to pay,

and so claim a higher agents fee again making up for any deficit from a summer transfer.

If I was in charge of Saints transfers I would suggest to VVD's agent that he allow VVD to stay until the January transfer window opens.

During this time VVD can show prospective buyers how well he has recovered without them taking a bit of a risk in the summer. Also by

then the agent will be able to demand even higher wages for his client, easily making up for the smaller amount Saints can afford to pay,

and so claim a higher agents fee again making up for any deficit from a summer transfer.

I don't ever recall selling one of our star in January.

Reed likes the big deals in the summer and I really do expect VVD to stay one more season.

I don't ever recall selling one of our star in January.

Reed likes the big deals in the summer and I really do expect VVD to stay one more season.

I hope you're right but fully expect him to sign for Chelsea for a disappointing £40m

PS definitely not in the know

As I have said before, Crook is seen by the club as a mushroom.

Kept in the dark and fed ****.

But the problem is he has been responsible for years of negative articles including being part of the 'meltdown' brigade.

None of this helps the club and they should be limiting this 'made up negative journalism' as much as possible.