Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

with transfer window silly season coming round, nearly all the big clubs (plus everton) are being linkedwith a january move for VVD. Now im sure we wont sell untill the summer but it really winds me up that all the papers suggest he is rated at 30million.

With stones valued at 50million and only one bidder (and not as good as virgil), what do you think we will ask ams what will we realistically get for him?

I would be really disappointed if we didnt start to band around figures of £65m and getting 50-55. Although if its anything like Mane bagain negotiation it probably will be £40m max.

Generally we have a great record for selling at top value but Mane went cheap IMO, so do we need to start setting out our stall of what it will take to land him?

All agent and media bullsh*t right now. When there's a serious approach hopefully the club will band a figure about of around £65m, if VVD says he wants to go I would imagine the club will say if that figure is not met he's staying for another season (ala Schneiderlin and Wanyama) while reminding everyone how long he has left on his contract. He'll probably be worth even more in another year. But the prospect of a change in club ownership could change things.

I can tell that that he's 100% not going in January.

We should start bids at £80m, just because we can.

If I was VVD's agent I wouldn't have let him sign a 6 year contract without assurances we'd let him go for a realistic figure to the right club. I think we'll probably be slightly disappointed when he goes for less than we'd like

Yep, no way will wr and no need for us to sell in January. Still have 5 years left come the summer so we can bide our time to get market value for him. 60-70m isn't unrealistic given 47m paid for stones. As for Everton wanting him well that's a complete joke. Can't afford him plus vvd will have pick of top clubs throughout Europe. Koeman will be out before vvd leaves saints imo.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

He's going to end up at the best club a recent saints player has gone too - think Barca, Real, City, Bayern - not Everton, Liverpool, United.

And fair play to him - doubt he goes this summer, probably the summer after.

Hopefully he can help us win something in the meantime!

Yep, no way will wr and no need for us to sell in January. Still have 5 years left come the summer so we can bide our time to get market value for him. 60-70m isn't unrealistic given 47m paid for stones. As for Everton wanting him well that's a complete joke. Can't afford him plus vvd will have pick of top clubs throughout Europe. Koeman will be out before vvd leaves saints imo.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Sick of people constantly under-valuing our players, anything under 80m and next year's ST's going in the bin. Seriously? A big team is going to give a small team 70m for a centre half with no CL experience, I just can't see it (however good we know him to be).

Out of interest what are the biggest prices received by non-CL clubs when selling to the elite level?

Sick of people constantly under-valuing our players, anything under 80m and next year's ST's going in the bin. Seriously? A big team is going to give a small team 70m for a centre half with no CL experience, I just can't see it (however good we know him to be).

Out of interest what are the biggest prices received by non-CL clubs when selling to the elite level?

He's played in the champions league - he gave that up to come down to the sunny south coast.

Nice to hear

However do we know if the contract with VVD allows him to be sold if the club receive an offer above a certain figure.

This could be as low as £25/£30m at the time of renegotiating his contract as player values seem to have soared in recent times

The mistake the media makes is in thinking we're a selling club.

We do sell players, but ONLY if our valuation of them is met, and we think we can get better value ourselves elsewhere.

The importance of VvD to the side, the length of his contract...

He won't go in January, I'm sure he won't go at the end of the season, and I doubt he'll go at the end of next season either.

Getting him to sign that six year deal was one of the best bits of business the club has ever done.

I think that the club will be looking for a Fonte replacement next summer and so won't sell VvD and have a brand new centre back partnership. If he continues his form and attracts attention I think it's more likely he will go the following summer.

It's always pretty quiet this time of year so the papers have to fill their colums with a bit of transfer gossip. We are known as a selling club, and VVD is the best cb in the league on current form. It's hardly a surprise to see him linked with a move to a different club every day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

VVD will go, it is now the usual unsettling period when the clubs use journos to show their interest and unsettle players. Everton interest is probably very true and I diid see that VVD talks regularily to RK!!

Possibly is the case, but even with a sizeable pay rise it's a sideways move to Everton. He'll go at some point, for big money, but I think it'll be to one of footballs big 7 clubs, which is his level tbf. And by that I mean barca, real, Bayern, Man U, Mann city, Chelsea or psg. At a push you could add in Liverpool, arsenal, Spurs and atletico but not sure even they are a good enough level for him. Anywhere else and he's aiming too low IMHO. Should add I don't think psg are 'big' enough, just rich enough.

For me, this is one of the biggest moments in our history. In previous transfer windows we've had a bunch of players wanting out. This year we (seemingly) do not and VVD is the only major target other clubs.

If we let him go, it confirms the negative comments of all the negheads on here.

If we keep him, then it shows the door has shut and the club feel ready to push forward with a team full of committed players.

I've really tried my hardest to trust Kat over the past few years and have thought that she was a methodical business woman who has got everything right (keeping things on our terms.) If we let him go with such a subtantial amount of time left on his contract then I will be swayed to feeling unhappy until we've got a new owner with more ambition.

It's whether VVD wants to stay. The club can't realistically keep a player who's determined to be elsewhere, no mater how much money they throw at it. You only have to look at Mane's lacklustre performances when he wasn't interested in staying here. If a CL team comes offering 3x increase in wages AND he want's to go, we may as well cash in.

Virgil vill go when he wants to. If he is happy to stay, I believe the club will reject any bid for him. With all the attention lately, I fear it's just a question of time before he thinks he's too good for the club (if he hasn't figured it out already) :)

I think this is pretty much close to the mark. Whether he's signed a 5, 6, 7 or ten year contract really makes little difference, once the player himself wants to leave and the money on the table is sensible. Contract length for top players at clubs like ours simply gives more leverage when negotiating the final price tag - if VvD is still here in 1 1/2 - 2 years time - then I'm a Dutchman.

If I was VVD's agent I wouldn't have let him sign a 6 year contract without assurances we'd let him go for a realistic figure to the right club. I think we'll probably be slightly disappointed when he goes for less than we'd like

Well what would the benefit be for us then? We pay him more to sell him for less?

For me, this is one of the biggest moments in our history. In previous transfer windows we've had a bunch of players wanting out. This year we (seemingly) do not and VVD is the only major target other clubs.

If we let him go, it confirms the negative comments of all the negheads on here.

If we keep him, then it shows the door has shut and the club feel ready to push forward with a team full of committed players.

I've really tried my hardest to trust Kat over the past few years and have thought that she was a methodical business woman who has got everything right (keeping things on our terms.) If we let him go with such a subtantial amount of time left on his contract then I will be swayed to feeling unhappy until we've got a new owner with more ambition.

Yeah unless there's a release clause in his contract i'd be very disappointed if we didn't keep him for an additional year.

The notion of him going to Everton is laughable no matter how much he respects Koeman.

Possibly is the case, but even with a sizeable pay rise it's a sideways move to Everton. He'll go at some point, for big money, but I think it'll be to one of footballs big 7 clubs, which is his level tbf. And by that I mean barca, real, Bayern, Man U, Mann city, Chelsea or psg. At a push you could add in Liverpool, arsenal, Spurs and atletico but not sure even they are a good enough level for him. Anywhere else and he's aiming too low IMHO. Should add I don't think psg are 'big' enough, just rich enough.
I dont think he will end up at Everton, but their interest is there

If I was him, I would want to leave at the end of the season. He is clearly one of the best defenders in the league and good enough to play for a club that regularly challenges for top honours. Whilst we do great, that isn't us, and isn't likely to be us.

It will just be a case of whether a club he wants to join makes an enquiry, I imagine, and what his long-term plans are (ie. stay in England, go to another country etc.). I would hope that some of our "big clubs" aren't in the market for him. Man U will probably sign a CB in Jan and City have just signed Stones (although could arguably do with a fitter version of Kompany). I don't think Arsenal or Spurs would offer enough money for him. Liverpool - maybe (but are they good enough - time will tell this season?). Chelsea - maybe. There's no point in him joining any other Premier League team.

If (big if as it won't happen) we sold our best player to Everton I would imagine it will be the last straw for most of our fans.

I think Les has done a fantastic job and I can just about stomach loosing players to Liverpool and understand the reasons for letting Koeman walk, but if we were to sell our best player to a direct competitor (if not lower), I would seriously start to doubt the board.

VVD will go, if not this summer then next, I just hope it's to a top team i.e Madrid, Barca ect...

This is just the new way of buying a player in the summer, when we have all got used to the idea and are 'so grateful' to have got through January unscathed. But cynical, but there you are. Just as long as he doesn't go to Spurs or Liverpool and we pocket £50m it won't be so bad, but really we should be building the team around him, were that possible in today's climate etc etc