Arsenal 0-2 Saints - Reaction & Semi Final Draw

Lighthouse

MotM vs Arsenal (League Cup 2016/17 QF Away)  

270 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Arsenal (League Cup 2016/17 QF Away)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Martina
    • Yoshida
    • van Dijk
    • Clasie
    • Reed
    • Davis
    • Boufal
    • McQueen
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

Really good. Suprised we were able to play so well with so many changes and on paper not the greatest looking attack.

Boufal was good forst half but all the centre mids - Clasie, Reed and Davis, were our best players IMO.

Tough draw but thats likely in a semi final.

Well done to all the team and Claude Puel... perhaps he knows what he`s doing afterall...

Some of you utter melts on the build up thread.... :blush: What some embarrassing fools

Have you Puel doubters lot finally understood what "using the squad means" :lol:

Oh! and Heisntroll are you fuming ? :D

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Well done to all the team and Claude Puel... perhaps he knows what he`s doing afterall...

Some of you utter melts on the build up thread.... :blush: What some embarrassing fools

Have you Puel doubters lot finally understood what "using the squad means" :lol:

Thought you were taking a week off pal?

#crushingbore

Semi final of a cup and you still continue to take swipes at people on this forum. :mcinnes:

Please stick to the topic, stop trying to pick fights. Enjoy the win.

Great performance tonight, two very well taken goals and another clean sheet is good to see. Gutted to have gotten Liverpool in the Semis though, would fancy our chances in a one off final where anything could happen, can't see us getting much from a two legged affair, especially having to go to Anfield second.

Liverpool have got united away after the 1st leg and Chelsea home after the 2nd. Potentially they might have half an eye on them? Trying to find anything as I'm really annoyed with that draw.

it was worst possible draw- liverpool who are on very good form WITH the second leg at anfield. not to forget we hate them anyway.

Liverpool have got united away after the 1st leg and Chelsea home after the 2nd. Potentially they might have half an eye on them? Trying to find anything as I'm really annoyed with that draw.

If they are right in the title mix come January then maybe they will be distracted. But they don't have Europe so really can afford to fight on both fronts.

Worth bearing in mind Countinho could still be out and mane will be out of at least the first leg. Time to pray for Senegal to come good in the cup of nations this season! A few timely injuries for them and Mingolet in goal and we have a chance!

Expect the Van Dyke, McQueen, Sims, Hojberg, Foster, Yoshida, (... or insert any other of what looks like a first team player) to Liverpool stories to escalate in the media before the first leg now.

it was worst possible draw- liverpool who are on very good form WITH the second leg at anfield. not to forget we hate them anyway.

I thought that but....

1. They may well be missing Mané and PC.

2. As good as their first 11 is, they lack the depth of Utd

3. They look much more likely title contenders and may be focussed on their tough league games either side.

4. Mourinho will be desperate to win something this season and a Cup semi will probably be a high priority

The weekend immediately before the first leg is the 3rd Round FA Cup. Hopefully we will draw a non-league team at home and put out the U21s.

Nah, hope we put out the strongest team possible vs non-league, just to see the cvnts on here go into a meltdown to end all meltdowns...

I thought that but....

1. They may well be missing Mané and PC.

2. As good as their first 11 is, they lack the depth of Utd

3. They look much more likely title contenders and may be focussed on their tough league games either side.

4. Mourinho will be desperate to win something this season and a Cup semi will probably be a high priority

This, this, this and this. I prefer to get Liverhampton (minus Coutinho and Mane, and maybe others rested) rather than Utd who will definitely play their best XI.

Shame we didn't get Hull, of course.

This, this, this and this. I prefer to get Liverhampton (minus Coutinho and Mane, and maybe others rested) rather than Utd who will definitely play their best XI.

Shame we didn't get Hull, of course.

Interesting points in Lighthouse's list but Liverpool seem pretty consistent under Klopp whereas you don't really know if the Mancs will gel on the day.

Hull in the final perhaps then.

Southampton make 8 changes to mighty Arsenal's 6 changes and no way deserved to beat Wenger's dreadful title-chasing-pride-of-the-capital team. Only poor defending allowed this makeshift southern (somewhere down there) side lucky victory, spoiling Wenger's last chance to win the EFL cup.

Fantastic!

Bring on Liverpool

Edited by eelpie

Absolute mare with public transport today for lots of people.

Just missed the first goal for the first time ever thanks to the travel carnage, then the pat down at the gate. Just going towards the stairs to our seats you heard the roar then went "hang on that's ours making the racket".

Good performance nice play, and even Mr Friends generosity in giving super soft fouls to Arsenal failed. Radio 5 already banging on "Southampton beat a weakened Arsenal side" hang on a cotton picking moment please tell me how often Boufal, Clasie, Davis, Reed and McQueen play together in midfield.

I can't believe from reading on here that some bellends got their knickers in a twist over the team selection, my mates Wife who is proper Arsenal mental was spitting chips at Arsenes selection, I took a quick squizz at the Beeb saw Claude's selection and thought blimey we are going for this!! I went to Sunderland, Sheffield United, and the Liverpool games over the last few seasons so it was good to see us go for it in players picked, and effort put in.............. Someone is going to get smashed to bits by us sooner or later this season.

Back to my mates Wife post match she was (surprisingly) impressed by us, and thought Young Sam and that oriental looking chap at the back were both very good, she did think that Ramsey was @&£?%#€$¥ rubbish.

Drive home was a bloody pain though, the cone trolls were out in force, M3 closed - no problem oh M4 closed at Reading for the Cone Troll Christmas Party, little travel app says tail backs 4 miles before junction - country lanes it was then.

Still bloody good win........ Bring on the bin dippers, always nice to do them at least once a season: why not make it twice just for fun then mess up whoever we meet in the final.

Just seen the recorded highlights of the Channel 5 show - the presenter, George Riley ... I like the cut of his jib; lots of positive things about Saints and he didn't fall into the 'under strength Arsenal' trap and likewise the match commentator who had a similar approach. From those highlights, we looked very neat, stylish and at times, marvellous.

Great win but I am afraid it will all be in vain because taking the st Mary's game into consideration there is no way we will beat Liverpool over two legs.

Let's just spew both games, eh?

Personally I think making a Wembley final would make a lovely bit of history for the club, but can understand how you wouldn't be interested in that.

Great win but I am afraid it will all be in vain because taking the st Mary's game into consideration there is no way we will beat Liverpool over two legs.

Oh well **** it then why don't we just give in right now like so many reckoned before Arsenal for FFS sake. Jeez. Fantastic support thanks.

What a pathetic cowardly post, just like Heising and Alpine. Who thought we'd finish 6th last season? Who thought we'd beat Arsenal at the Emirates AGAIN?

We've improved every year since 2009, winning a trophy would be further improvement...I'm not ruling it out.

Someone who has been around as long as you should know football is a funny old game. Of course if Liverpool play their strongest team we'll find it very difficult. But you never know, injuries after busy Christmas period will be a factor, plus there are also 2 rounds of the FA cup in January, fingers crossed we are home to non-league team and Liverpool get Everton or Man Utd to go alongside their tough league fixtures that month.

Liverpool fans I know want the title so badly I think they'd support a weakened team in this cup.

The draw was disappointing so soon after a good win, wonder how many tickets we'll get? Leeds had over 5000 and Stoke also had whole end in semi final last year. Would love to win this, I despise Liverpool, the club, the fans and the city.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/119335

Moves to the Sunday, 12pm kickoff.

As much as I am buzzing with the victory, I'm not happy with this fixture change, HAHA!!

Being from the North East I've booked to fly from Newcastle on the Monday and booked a hotel in Southampton, now all for nothing!

But HEY HOOOOOOO!!!! It'll just cost me more to transfer to the Sunday rather than the Monday :)

COYR!!

Delighted with the result and bring on Scousehampton!!!