Arsenal 0-2 Saints - Reaction & Semi Final Draw

Lighthouse

MotM vs Arsenal (League Cup 2016/17 QF Away)  

270 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Arsenal (League Cup 2016/17 QF Away)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Martina
    • Yoshida
    • van Dijk
    • Clasie
    • Reed
    • Davis
    • Boufal
    • McQueen
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

Fixture made easy by arsenal fielding a very weak team. But it shows our strength that we can make that number of changes and win.

Team did well. Yoshi, Davis, McQueen, Sims etc... they all looked good so a nice win.

Tougher fixtures ahead in the next round. Would take hull here and now rather than a glamour semi.

That is our result of the season. I was disappointed with the lineup but Puel got his tactics spot on today. Well done lads, bring on the semi finals.

Personally I think the draws in Be'er Sheva and the Etihad edge it, but this was a great effort against a disjointed Arsenal side.

Hull please. Yes they beat us in the league, but over two legs we can do them. Mourinho looks like he wants to win this by putting out strong teams, so better for us to meet them in the final. (Or Liverpool knock them out in the semi!)

Hull please. Yes they beat us in the league, but over two legs we can do them. Mourinho looks like he wants to win this by putting out strong teams, so better for us to meet them in the final. (Or Liverpool knock them out in the semi!)

We could play Hull another 10 times and they'd be lucky to get a draw.

An absolutely brilliant win. A clean sheet at the Emirates too. No doubt all the pundits will say that Wenger made a mistake to make so many changes, but then so did we. Sims again showed some lovely touches when he came on and his reputation grows, as does McQueen's after a very solid performance. We had chances to have scored another two or three. I suspect that our win on Sunday gave us the confidence boost we needed and this win is a real fillip towards our next few matches. Looking forward to see who we get in the semis, but we could beat anybody on our day when we play like this.

Actually, Wenger rotated the squad more than Puel. Everyone does it. I don't get the complaints.

The defensive shape was excellent, the concentration, the intelligence to close down and press opponents at the right time were great. It resulted in a lot of interceptions and won tackles. Puel is proving to be an excellent coach.

Hard to pick a MOM. Boufal, McQueen, Reed, Maya, Davis, even Clasie had a good game. But I give the nod to Ryan Bertrand who was nearly flawless.

Arse may have fielded a second stream but that was hardly our first 11, we were superb and deserved that, and nothing should detract from a great performance that shows our strength in depth ain't to shabby. Don't care who we get in the semi Puel wants this and on tonight's performance the players want it as well. Would love to knock Scousehampton out in the semi.

Great result and performance to go with it. 5-0 wouldn't have flattered us.

Yoshida continuing his claim to being "most improved player". Clasie came to the party. Even Cuco was less inept than usual.

I must say, the academy boys were excellent: Reed was tenacious and tidy in midfield, McQueen put in a steady shift on the right wing before looking much more at home on the left, and Sims proved he wasn't a one-game wonder with some lovely touches and movement.

Well played.

papers over the cracks really

puel got lucky that arsenal played a third string side

rotation is a shocking policy, why cant our darlings play more than twice a week- test cricket matches are five days straight ffs

and on a side note, i won £496 from my accumulator tonight!!