Crystal Palace v Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

Do you ever post anything but complaints and *****ing? Even when we are winning you'd be *****ing about the length of the grass or something.

you think we started right then with the right game plan & effort? people like you always criticise honesty

Our attacking play hasn't been our best, but the two goals palace have scored are extremely lucky. Really shouldn't be 2-0 down, 0-0 if anything. Why do we always get the bad luck against the crud teams, it's typical. If we get a goal back.. it's within our capabilities to still win. Big big next half, and a little luck to our way please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you think we started right then with the right game plan & effort? people like you always criticise honesty

No, I think we haven't played well and the ball bobbled on FF and he ****ed it up. What I am talking about is that you haven't posted a single thing praising the Saints win lose or draw all season. Why bother?

The lack of goals is still a worry. An off day for a usually solid defence. A lot on here were praising the attack against Everton but we still went 90 mins without a goal in that game. Anyway, today is a write off. Bring on thursday

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

problem is we started poorly no urgency and didn't look to go forwards and attack just lots of sitting back and sideways or backwards passing, how can we win games when we setup like that?

I agree. We need to go at teams, stretch them. We are quite capable of doing so as we have proven twice in the last 7 days, so to go out and revert to this frustrating conservative non-expansive crap is very frustrating.

Still think we should have started with Charlie on the bench. We need pace in away matches - should have played Long through the middle. Could be too much now to come back from two down. Not the first half we expected and we need to get right into them from the first kick in the second half if we are to have any chance. Really disappointing after some good displays.

No, I think we haven't played well and the ball bobbled on FF and he ****ed it up. What I am talking about is that you haven't posted a single thing praising the Saints win lose or draw all season. Why bother?

you obviously dont look hard then, on this very thread I said boufal looks good.......... idiot

Our attacking play hasn't been our best, but the two goals palace have scored are extremely lucky. Really shouldn't be 2-0 down, 0-0 if anything. Why do we always get the bad luck against the crud teams, it's typical. If we get a goal back.. it's within our capabilities to still win. Big big next half, and a little luck to our way please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing how we can keep out Liverpool's talented attack yet just gift Palace two goals. The truth is we are a side that always have a bad game in us. We have been ever since we returned to the PL. We had plenty of **** performances last season to.

Annoying thing is you could sense the goal coming. We started well and boufal looked dangerous and then we just dropped off.

Both goals just terrible. Don't have a clue why Forster didn't hit it with his right but not sure we should be passing back to him in that situation either. Then conceding a trundily corner was equally bad.

We need to come out of the blocks quickly and get a goal back. You feel palace's confidence is vulnerable.

We have been noticeably toothless up front this season. Not sure if it's the formation or the lack of personel but we simply don't score enough goals. Pulling back a 2-0 deficit away from home is going to be some ask. Hopefully things will be sorted in January.

Still think we should have started with Charlie on the bench. We need pace in away matches - should have played Long through the middle. Could be too much now to come back from two down. Not the first half we expected and we need to get right into them from the first kick in the second half if we are to have any chance. Really disappointing after some good displays.

Agree Austin at home where we tend to dominate teams and play Long away were we tend to play on the break which Austin's lack of pace kills him.

Unbelievable that it's 2-0 to either team given how **** both have been! Hopefully we come out with the same kind of drive we had against Arsenal in the week! A shame that error will probably knock Forster's confidence as I feel as if he's been less cautious coming off his line for crosses and long balls in the last couple of games and starting to become the presence in the box which his brick sh*thouse stature should automatically make him!

Team played v.well Wednesday and had some fight, passion and flair

Why make 7 changes again!!??

No continuity and back 4 are not in sync due to constant rotation

Yeah but we just papered over the cracks against Arsenals one-legged under 11s team who'd made 143 changes from the game before. That doesn't count.

Are people really that surprised? Yeah sure Palace are crap and we have already beaten them (we beat them 8 of the last 9 games), they have 1 point from the last 21, 6 defeats in a row etc etc etc. But we are not exactly doing that great even if some like to think we are. 2 wins in the last 7 and one of those was against a poor Everton who didnt even bother to turn up. Our problem is and has been all season that we can't score goals.

And on another note jwp has been horrific again. What people see in him is beyond me. If his name was Martina or Yoshida he would be destroyed for his performances this season.

We need more creativity and attacking from the midfield. Instead of pushing we start going sideways, allowing CP to organize and pack it in. The forwards are always an easy target for the board when this happens, but they can't do something with no service. Austin and Redmond get touches away from the goal, but nothing comes to them in the box. We need to break CP down in midfield and then push forward and hit the attackeds on their runs. Right now we are just passing it around and then trying an eventual cross.

Our build up is so slow the fullback (who almost always ends up with the ball) is rarely overlapping as they arrived in position about five passes ago and are standing waiting for the ball to be popped out to them for a cross. When they do cross there's really only Austin to aim at, and even slow lumbering CBs are happy to deal with that all day. Boufal the only player who shows any bravery on the ball, but as Palace seem to have figured this out, he's quickly surrounded.