Redmond

Saints foreva

This crap comes out whenever a player is unpopular. Redmond is an extremely wealthy premier league football who doesn't perform well and most importantly, spends most his time on the pitch moaning at teammates. His attitude is appalling.

Football fans are extremely forgiving of lower quality if you have a decent attitude and workrate.

Exactly. Reminds me of when we had Jason Euell and he got dogs abuse for being total s*it when he was our highest earner. He didn't care a jot about us and it showed whereas players like Bennett (who was equally awful) got support because you could tell he was trying but just wasn't very good.

He is the slowest quick player I've ever seen. In the side seemingly for his pace, yet he just slows it all down.

Does he actually have pace, or is it just a myth? If he doesn't have pace then he probably shouldn't be a professional footballer as I'm not sure what else he has.

He is the slowest quick player I've ever seen. In the side seemingly for his pace, yet he just slows it all down.

Does he actually have pace, or is it just a myth? If he doesn't have pace then he probably shouldn't be a professional footballer as I'm not sure what else he has.

He does I think but he takes someone on once every five games. Far easier to turn back inside and pass on the responsibility to someone else or, like today, give it away to set up the opposition counter attack. Hopeless player.

Anybody who thinks Redmond doesn’t try is clueless. I’ll save my boos for people like VvD , who don’t want to play and make that perfectly clear. Of course our supporters are like groupies, star struck teenagers. If he plays again they’ll not be booing VvD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were plenty of boos for VVD when he came on at Palace. Don't have any issue with Redmond not trying just the way he behaves on the pitch in relation to his team mates.

Has always been shiite so not sure why he’s getting picked out today. It’s not like he’s set a high bar in the past that he’s not attaining now.

Boufal and PEH put a decent shift in and not bad from Targett either although I’d rather see McQueen if Bertrand is not available.

I'm not on board with booing our own players, but the fans' frustration with Redmond is understandable.

In his mind, in his demeanor, he's something special - he's doing us a favour by slumming it at Southampton. And yet his performances are absolutely shocking.

Not like early-days Mane, where he would spend all game weighing up the most over elaborate option possible before falling over his own feet - but at least striving to do something positive in his erratic decision making.

No, where Mane was a headless chicken, Redmond's problem is he's just a chicken. He shrinks away from responsibility. Why try something when you can pass the buck to someone else? Attack the space? Run at the defence? Be proactive in any capacity? Nah, just turn inside and pass backwards. Then if it goes wrong it's someone else's fault (which Redmond is only to eager to pipe up about).

His fearful attitude has cost us many a promising attacking position, and today it even cost a goal at the other end, inexplicably passing backwards from a shooting/crossing position on the edge of Spurs' box leading to a punishing counter attack.

It's not his fault that Les Reed signed him as a thoroughly inadequate replacement for one of the league's best attackers, but there's very little for the fans to get behind with Redmond. He's a poor player with a poor attitude whose presence makes a poor side poorer.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Anybody who thinks Redmond doesn’t try is clueless. I’ll save my boos for people like VvD , who don’t want to play and make that perfectly clear. Of course our supporters are like groupies, star struck teenagers. If he plays again they’ll not be booing VvD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Completely agree.

Redmond is a limited player, but he I feel like he is having his limited ability (pace and ability to beat a man) coached out of him.

I honestly believe he is carrying out what he has been told to by the manager(s).

The problem starts when they get selected for England. When they do, they go all billy big balls, and probably listen to other players in squads about how they need to move on. Simultaneously, they become quite rubbish at football. Are you listening Fraser, Nathan etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem starts when they get selected for England. When they do, they go all billy big balls, and probably listen to other players in squads about how they need to move on. Simultaneously, they become quite rubbish at football. Are you listening Fraser, Nathan etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a load of tripe

Redmond is not at fault. The manager is the coach..and picks him. The manager isn't managing...and his coaching is not bearing fruit. The inane selections ....sorry..but he must go.

I believe we have a good squad severely underachieving... And we NEED a striker!!!! When Austin came into the team there was a spark...we now need a blooming firelighters!

VvD aside, I can't remember the last time I disliked a Saints player so much. A combination of his complete lack of ability and his terrible attitude and demeanour on the pitch. It is one of the biggest indictments of the manager that such a poor player has had so much game time despite being consistently awful.

That said I don't agree with booing him although I do understand people's frustrations. Personally I would love to see him sold next month but I'm not sure anyone would be daft enough to buy him.

I hope that a new manager can get him performing better (at least as he was last season). He didn’t exactly pull up trees last season but he has really gone downhill under Pellegrino.

I simply do not understand why Redmond gets picked so regularly, and a player like Boufal seems to only get a start every other game.

I hope that a new manager can get him performing better (at least as he was last season). He didn’t exactly pull up trees last season but he has really gone downhill under Pellegrino.

I simply do not understand why Redmond gets picked so regularly, and a player like Boufal seems to only get a start every other game.

Boufal is a defensive managers nightmare.

He’s pretty ineffective in our half when we don’t have the ball (although to his credit, he does work pretty hard) and is pretty much the only player who try’s to beat his man. He’ll give the ball away more than Redmond, which is why redmond starts more often.

The fact he does, pretty much sums up the issues at the club. Too afraid to lose rather than an appetite to win

Absolutely furious that our fans are booing him. Nasty and counterproductive for a player who lacks all sorts of things but not commitment.

(Not that we should be booing *anyone* in a Saints shirt)

I agree but there must be a way to show the manager how ridiculous he is to pick him. But then again, surely he knows what the fans think, it’s almost like he picks him deliberately to show who’s boss. Unfortunately all it shows isn’t that is a bl00dy idiot.

Boufal is a defensive managers nightmare.

He’s pretty ineffective in our half when we don’t have the ball (although to his credit, he does work pretty hard) and is pretty much the only player who try’s to beat his man. He’ll give the ball away more than Redmond, which is why redmond starts more often.

The fact he does, pretty much sums up the issues at the club. Too afraid to lose rather than an appetite to win

Les Reed hires two defensive managers and breaks the transfer record at the time for a player who would be the anthesis if what they would want. Les Reed = genius

Completely agree.

Redmond is a limited player, but he I feel like he is having his limited ability (pace and ability to beat a man) coached out of him.

I honestly believe he is carrying out what he has been told to by the manager(s).

Amazing that both Pellagrino and PUEL gave him the same instructions.

Redmond is deceptively slow.

One moment against Huddersfield summed him up. He could have ran at his man attacking the defender instead he slowed is down, cut inside, then when the fans got on his back, rightly so for slowing the attack down, he petulantly tried to smash a cross field ball which rolled along the ground 25 yards to their player. P*ss poor play then petulance. I genuinely think there is a good player in there but he's got a huge attitude problem.

Think it's down to the perceived wisdom that he think's he's the dogs ******** but his performances suggest he is anything but. Moaning at others definitely doesn't help though he does seem to have reined that in.

I hope he has started to rein the moaning and complaining out of his game - the on field demeanour of Redmond and Tadic is cringeworthy to watch, and it can only corrode the team spirit and cohesion we need so badly. I give credit to Boufal, who last season could often be seen dropping his head and being petulant - he seems to have eliminated that; keeps his head up and is having a go. He is also encouraging others on the field; yesterday he went straight to Lemina after he had hit the post and congratulated him/encouraged him.

TBH I always thought he'd be a punt as he wasn't pulling up trees at Norwich and was cheap. That said like a lot of the players I've not seen him under a decent manager so there's still a part of me that is willing to give him a chance. Let's get a decent manager first and then we can truly judge the players. Even the best would struggle under this incompetent manager.

TBH I always thought he'd be a punt as he wasn't pulling up trees at Norwich and was cheap. That said like a lot of the players I've not seen him under a decent manager so there's still a part of me that is willing to give him a chance. Let's get a decent manager first and then we can truly judge the players. Even the best would struggle under this incompetent manager.

Would still have a massive attitude problem, thus inherently unlikeable.

I think Redmond has skill, pace, and bags of ability.

The one thing he does lack is a football brain. Sometimes I think his head is only for keeping his ears apart.

Players of far less skill and pace do so much better than him because they read a game so much better. They can see when things develop or break down. Redmond has not got a clue what is going on around him most of the time. He can't read a game, which makes him Champpionship at best.

Redmond has been poor this season (and to be fair so have a number of his team mates)

Interesting that the guy who runs Crystal Palace reckoned that in a time of inflated transfer values, especially for English players, Redmond represented the best value last season.

Is the fact he has underperformed big time this season down to the individual or the Manager/ System.

In my view it is probably 75/25.

I just wonder if Redmond would be better suited on the right than playing on the left where he continually has to check back to play a ball into the danger area.

One thing for certain, Thierry Henry he is not. (Who suggested that, was it Sir Les?)

Dress it up all you want he is gash...... Always blaming other players, rubbish attitude.... Does nothing with the ball apart from run into a corner lose the ball, blame somebody else rinse repeat...... The next Henry? Are you having a ducking Turkish son...... He is championship at best....

Don't condone booing the playing staff unless said player has disrespected the fans/club, complete pleb's and one of the reasons other clubs supporters take the **** out of us.

However, what doesn't help is his pony performances (the only consistency he has) and the lack of etiquette when criticising his team mates.

In the England set up, Redmond was highly regarded by the coaching and identification team - who felt that is best role was as a number 10, something I agreed with. It doesn't help when that idiot Reed goes public and compares him to Thierry Henry.

I think he is an awesome player but at the same time terrible, he has the ability to destroy teams which is why pep was so ****ed off at him and rightly so, but i dont think playing him on the left helps, he is obviously not comfy using his left foot, so should stay wide right imho, this i think will help him more, he does play better on the right than the left.

I think the teams style of play / tactics and how the manager sets him up in the team is his down fall, i believe he would do far better and find form in a settled team playing wide right.

Its like this, Tadic is best on left, Redmond right and Boufal center, but the manager plays them in the opposite roles and i think it is this which is the problem.

Oh and playing Long as a striker, i love the dude to bits but he cant score to save the world, so has to stop playing him as a lone striker.

I think he is an awesome player but at the same time terrible, he has the ability to destroy teams which is why pep was so ****ed off at him and rightly so, but i dont think playing him on the left helps, he is obviously not comfy using his left foot, so should stay wide right imho, this i think will help him more, he does play better on the right than the left.

I think the teams style of play / tactics and how the manager sets him up in the team is his down fall, i believe he would do far better and find form in a settled team playing wide right.

Its like this, Tadic is best on left, Redmond right and Boufal center, but the manager plays them in the opposite roles and i think it is this which is the problem.

Oh and playing Long as a striker, i love the dude to bits but he cant score to save the world, so has to stop playing him as a lone striker.

Well you know this, we know this but Pelligrino hasn’t spotted it yet!!!!

Until we get someone in to manage who can see the best line up then we will have endure him being blind to the facts in front of him....

This saga is now boring me...

Gates will start to drop soon. There are other better local teams to watch than us at the moment..

• 3 months later...
Thing is, Redmond IS a bit rubbish. But hey ho. If he is less bad without MP that's good news. Even better if he gets played in his position.
He is no more rubbish than Boufal is.

He also didn't deserve the stick he got. As he said, he is a confidence player.

When the whole team isnt playing well, the flair players are easy targets.

He would be in my starting XI.