Redmond

Saints foreva

He clearly isn't terrible, he's just on a bad form. But some fans cannot differentiate with poor form and conclusive ability.

How long do you judge form on? As he was awful for Norwich last season and my brum mate says he was poor for them.

How long do you judge form on? As he was awful for Norwich last season and my brum mate says he was poor for them.

I reckon Reed took a gamble on him anyway- buy him- probably told Puel to play him up front too- make him a striker.

Because if he has a storming season- say gets 17/18 goals- think of the money we'd make

An English striker with 15+ goals and an English premium- at least £35m.

This^^ although he is an ok squad player in EPL and it's not his fault he's been tainted with this 'Henry' crap but Puel has to take the blame for persisting in him and playing him where we do

Redmond is a lightweight that flatters to deceive because he is nippy and looks clever on the ball. There is little end product, he has no idea where to go and just wanders mostly ball watching and waiting for a pass to feet. He has no awareness or anticipation in attack, makes no decoy runs or runs into the box on the off chance of picking up something all a necessity in a striker. He definitely hasn't got a clever football brain.

Puel picking him every week is doing him no favours. The way we play must be a real irritation to Austin, Long and Rodriguez, to see Redmond averaging a goal in 11 games playing up front. Every time I see him in the team I know we will struggle to create and score.

When are the mods going to do something about all these trolls?

Don't need to do anything about Trolls. They will say whatever needed to get bites for effect. I'm far more concerned about the people willing to write off a player who didn't really do anything that wrong and had some of the more positive contributions in the game. Seems very predetermined, sometimes even prejudiced. A bit like the early condemnation of Mane really.

Don't need to do anything about Trolls. They will say whatever needed to get bites for effect. I'm far more concerned about the people willing to write off a player who didn't really do anything that wrong and had some of the more positive contributions in the game. Seems very predetermined, sometimes even prejudiced. A bit like the early condemnation of Mane really.

Massive lol. Mane clearly had loads of ability from the very start. Redmond has been gash for weeks. It's like comparing apples and pears.

Redmond (Not a striker) has scored more than Long & Rodriguez together (Both Strikers)

Redmond has 1 more goal than Jay this season

However Remond has played 5x more minutes than Jay. Redmond 1,500 minutes Jay 300

Tbf they have both been pretty shïte but you need to be fair when doing these little comparisons hey ALWAYS :)

Someone dig out the Mané is the new Ali Dia thread.

He's a young player who will improve.

Some people (not me) were quick to judge Mane. It took him 10-15 premier league games to show his potential

Problem is Redmond has played nearly 100 games now in the premier league and has only managed a handful of good games

He's actually our Mane replacement and that is ****ing hilarious.

These recent release claues had me thinking perhaps we are not receiving as much as the club wants us to think?

Mane was sold for circa £35 million (apparently) but redmond cost £10m. We as fans have no clue where the other £25 million has gone.

Luke Shaw "£35m" and Betrand was £10m another £25m thats therefore just vanished

Pelle £12m his replacement (Austin) £4m another £8m vanished

There are tons of these ”reported fees"

Morgan £24m Clasie £6m = £18m gone?

Lallana £26m Tadic £12m = £14m gone

Lovren £22m VVD £12m = £10m gone

Chambers 18m Clyne 12m / Cedric £4m = £26m gone

Where has all this money gone? Or has these "reported" fees been slightly fabricated to keep us niave fans happy?

Edited by Heisenberg

Redmond is our new Henry. We should give him more opportunities upfront and his goals are coming for sure. Let's him take the penalties and build the team around him. However, be aware, Liverpool are closely watching his performance.

These recent release claues had me thinking perhaps we are not receiving as much as the club wants us to think?

Mane was sold for circa £35 million (apparently) but redmond cost £10m. We as fans have no clue where the other £25 million has gone.

Luke Shaw "£35m" and Betrand was £10m another £25m thats therefore just vanished

Where has all this money gone? Or has these "reported" fees been slightly fabricated to keep us niave fans happy?

Don't think it's as simple as that or any of our business.

lallana we only got £18m for it as bournemouth got a fair amount off it as reported.

don't forget the net spend of £35m under Cortese- maybe some of it was repaying that.

florin gardos, forster and long- 7.5 million euros, 10 million and 12 million pounds respectively

redmond is juanmis replacement- boufal was £16m, don't forget that.

also £5m more for Romeu, another £12m for PEH and £5m for McCarthy.

put it short, we spend about 80% of our sales, and that doesn't even include TV money.

then again, let us not forget that our wage bill is now higher than Borussia Dortmunds, so maybe its this and other debts- who knows for sure.

Last summer we brought in £46mil altogether and spent £33.8mil, so a difference of just under £13mil. With the bumper new contracts we signed players up to as well.

Saints not reinvesting the money from player sales is a myth that's easily debunked. Disagree?

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2471&teamTabs=transfers

Feel free to check out every summer since we got promoted.

Now, onto Redmond...I still believe the potential is there for him to be a quality player for us. He was outstanding earlier in the season, missing nothing except the final shot.

Last 3 or 4 games though he's been awful. Needs dropping to the bench - Sims really should have started yesterday.

Last summer we brought in £46mil altogether and spent £33.8mil, so a difference of just under £13mil. With the bumper new contracts we signed players up to as well.

Saints not reinvesting the money from player sales is a myth that's easily debunked. Disagree?

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2471&teamTabs=transfers

Feel free to check out every summer since we got promoted.

Every site you look at has different player transfer fees which is kinda my point - do we genuinely know what players are sold for? One site has £33m for Mane another £38m then you get the "my mate knows Jamie carragher and he says it was £30m" nobody truely knows

Your link is terrible (sorry) doesn't even have Big Vic sold for £12m (apparently) or Juanmi sold for £4.5m (apparently) this summer

Even so he set up at least 2 chances yesterday , he's not as bad as people are saying on here (IMHO)

2 half chances against the worst (form side) in the league and the worst defense

Palace *****il yesterday) haven't kept a clean sheet for 8 months but "Henry" didn't manage a single shot on target all game

Not saying he was the only one yesterday (they were all crap) but Redmond has been fairly consistently (crap) all season and the past 2-3 as well

Even so he set up at least 2 chances yesterday , he's not as bad as people are saying on here (IMHO)

in our formation, he needs to be a goal threat. he really isnt. this is of no surprise considering he was in and out of a terrible Norwich side last season

he all of a sudden hasnt become really good

would he have been a regular starter in our side last season? not a chance in hell

Edited by Batman

Having Austin and Redmond in the same team seems pointless to me as neither are capable of dragging defenders out of position, especially in away games.

If we played Tadic, Long and Redmond as a front three he would look far more effective.

He clearly is a decent player, this thread is ridiculous,also is the comment that he is a direct replacement for Mane.

in our formation, he needs to be a goal threat. he really isnt. this is of no surprise considering he was in and out of a terrible Norwich side last season

he all of a sudden hasnt become really good

Did you even watch Norwich last season? Alex Neil set his teams up very defensively in most games and often used him as an impact sub - its not as simple as saying he was out the team cos he's crap.

Same as if someone said Cedric must be crap cos Martina played some games last season, that would be incorrect.

Did you even watch Norwich last season? Alex Neil set his teams up very defensively in most games and often used him as an impact sub - its not as simple as saying he was out the team cos he's crap.

Same as if someone said Cedric must be crap cos Martina played some games last season, that would be incorrect.

and how redmond has improved. he will do well to equal the goals he got last season

plenty of Norwich fans didnt particularly rate him

he should be a squad player, like McQueen or Sims. but he isnt