Hapoel Be'er Sheva Europa Build-up

SuperSAINT

Going to be an interesting team selection. Fatigue for those who played today shouldn't be an issue, so he has a full squad to choose from.

Be'er Sheva have to score to go through so we may set up very solidly at the back, but personally I'd rather see Yoshida than Fonte.

But fully expect Forster, Cedric, VVD and Bertrand to start.

Think midfield will be Romeu, Davis, Clasie plus one. Would be great to see Tadić, otherwise probably Boufal, but maybe Sims.

Would like to see Austin, Long and McQueen up front, but I guess the love affair with Redmond will prevail.

In any case, I think we'll set up to be defensively solid and hit them on the break.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to this one, I've heard the Israelis are bringing 1000 fans over, not sure if that is true but if so our fans will have to be on top form to drown them out.

Just got to go with our strongest team and hope they don't mess this up, clearly a very good chance to progress but I don't want to risk a 0-0, just look at the spirit Be'ersheva showed in coming from behind against Inter.

Would go with the following for this one.

-----------Forster

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

----------Romeu-------------

------Davis---Clasie--------

Boufal----Austin-----Tadic

Hopefully Tadic is fit, if not, would like to see Sims/Austin/Boufal as the front 3.

Austin and Fonte won't play. Yoshida and Long will though.

This is the squad I pencilled in for this game (I did this before the Palace defeat).

-------------Forster-----------

Martina Yoshida Virgil McQueen

------------Romeu-----------

---------Clasie---Davis-------

Sims---------------------Tadic

-------------Long------------

I think the forward line will be more like Garrett's above though.

Looking forward to this one, I've heard the Israelis are bringing 1000 fans over, not sure if that is true but if so our fans will have to be on top form to drown them out.

Just got to go with our strongest team and hope they don't mess this up, clearly a very good chance to progress but I don't want to risk a 0-0, just look at the spirit Be'ersheva showed in coming from behind against Inter.

Just had an email from the son of a bloke I met over in Israel and they are bringing a 1000 fans over. He was asking for a pub near the ground they all can drink in ! Some pub that holds that many !!

Could be quite an atmosphere in town that night.

Does 0-0 definitely put us thru'? If so can anyone explain why a score draw doesn't? Feel my brain aching!

If we're level on points, the aggregate of head-to-heads between Saints and Be'er Sheva decide it. If it's level on aggregate, away goals count. We drew 0-0 in Israel so a score draw puts us out on away goals. But a 0-0 draw leaves us level, and then overall goal difference comes into it, and ours is better.

So we need a win or goalless draw.

HTH

The fact they need to score should help us as it'll open the game up.

Can't see us not winning this, generally we have a good home record in all competitions... If we don't go through then serious questions need to be asked.

The fact they need to score should help us as it'll open the game up.

Can't see us not winning this, generally we have a good home record in all competitions... If we don't go through then serious questions need to be asked.

Like "whats the capital of Greenland?"

I think it will be 0-0 for 90 mins, their goal living a charmed life, and then we get at 92nd minute penalty...which is missed

The score I really don't want in the last few minutes is 1-0 to us (although I suppose them winning would be worse).

One of those situations where you can go from winning to losing with one goal.

My money's on 0-0. We're better at scoring nil than scoring two or more.

Italian Referee on Thursday evening

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1201&season_id=149

Group K, 8 December 2016, 21:05 CET

St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton (ENG)

Southampton FC - Hapoel Beer-Sheva FC

Referee: Paolo Tagliavento (ITA)

Assistant Referee 1: Alessandro Costanzo (ITA)

Assistant Referee 2: Matteo Passeri (ITA)

Additional Assistant Referee 1: Marco Guida (ITA)

Additional Assistant Referee 2: Davide Massa (ITA)

Fourth Official: Mauro Tonolini (ITA)

UEFA Referee Observer: Kristinn Jakobsson (ISL)

UEFA Delegate: Jean Paul Mievis (BEL)

a.jpg

Take it this one has sold out?

still about 1000 tickets left for this , mostly in the Chapel / Kingsland corner (usually the family stand but for these games there are no restrictions on needing to buy child tickets alongside an adult ticket, anyone can purchase).

Would have thought they will sell out over the next couple of days, surprised we haven't heard from some of the Be'ersheva fans who posted on here before the away game, would be interesting to hear their thoughts on the match and about their trip over to Southampton.

still about 1000 tickets left for this , mostly in the Chapel / Kingsland corner (usually the family stand but for these games there are no restrictions on needing to buy child tickets alongside an adult ticket, anyone can purchase).

Would have thought they will sell out over the next couple of days, surprised we haven't heard from some of the Be'ersheva fans who posted on here before the away game, would be interesting to hear their thoughts on the match and about their trip over to Southampton.

1000 left. Maybe the whole forum could chip in and boy a ticket for Glasgow, Alpine and Dalek. it would be a chance for them to see saints live for the first time and maybe they would get a better view than a grainey buffering pirate stream? id love to hear thier comments after 90 minutes of actually supporting the team.

If they bring a 1000 that is s impressive particularly as we ny took 300 with an average age of 54! Think we will need to be full strength for this one which means the inclusion of Bertrand and Soares please.[/quote

When a team plays a bigger club / league then fans are energised to travel in numbers. A bit like our 8k in Milan no?

If they bring a 1000 that is s impressive particularly as we ny took 300 with an average age of 54! Think we will need to be full strength for this one which means the inclusion of Bertrand and Soares please.

The attraction of coming to England (most likely stay in London) is much greater, given the supposed security risk, than heading to Israel.

If we're lucky enough to get the chance to go there again, I would have thought the numbers will be far greater. I for one will be heading back to Tel Aviv at any given opportunity. Great City. I won't be rushing back to Be'er Sheva however!

If they bring a 1000 that is s impressive particularly as we ny took 300 with an average age of 54! Think we will need to be full strength for this one which means the inclusion of Bertrand and Soares please.

Much more time to plan, plus cheaper flights for them.

If they bring 1000 with them i'd expect them to make one hell of a racket, their ground is probably the noisiest ground i've ever been too with all three stands going for it and them absolutely jumping the whole way through.

Personally think if we score early we'll win by a couple, but if it's still 0-0 late into the game i'd be worried we'll concede. Surprised so many on here are under rating them too, they looked very solid at theirs and i don't think they'll be easy to break down at all.

I'm not confident in this game at all, and think if we do do it it'll be by the skin of our teeth.

If they bring 1000 with them i'd expect them to make one hell of a racket, their ground is probably the noisiest ground i've ever been too with all three stands going for it and them absolutely jumping the whole way through.

Personally think if we score early we'll win by a couple, but if it's still 0-0 late into the game i'd be worried we'll concede. Surprised so many on here are under rating them too, they looked very solid at theirs and i don't think they'll be easy to break down at all.

I'm not confident in this game at all, and think if we do do it it'll be by the skin of our teeth.

This. They're a useful outfit.

I think people expecting an open game may be a bit disappointed - they only need one goal to leave us needing two and they won't want to allow us to get a head start. I would expect them to be quite cagey until at least half time (of course that goes out of the window if we get a couple of early goals).

Their home support was loud but it was all very choreographed. Not sure how that will translate to a little block in the corner of the Northam!

I think people expecting an open game may be a bit disappointed - they only need one goal to leave us needing two and they won't want to allow us to get a head start. I would expect them to be quite cagey until at least half time (of course that goes out of the window if we get a couple of early goals).

Their home support was loud but it was all very choreographed. Not sure how that will translate to a little block in the corner of the Northam!

i reckon they'll still manage a decent bounce and will scare the stewards used to sedate Premier league fans, in fact it will be an eye opener for some of our fans.

I don't think Be'ersheva will sit back, they went for it against Inter Milan and despite falling to a 2-0 deficit never gave up and kept on attacking them , that 3-2 victory will give them confidence that anything is possible so even if we take the lead i won't be relaxing unless we're 3 up.

Really hope our fans are up for this one, could be one of the best atmospheres we've had at St Marys.

i reckon they'll still manage a decent bounce and will scare the stewards used to sedate Premier league fans, in fact it will be an eye opener for some of our fans.

I don't think Be'ersheva will sit back, they went for it against Inter Milan and despite falling to a 2-0 deficit never gave up and kept on attacking them , that 3-2 victory will give them confidence that anything is possible so even if we take the lead i won't be relaxing unless we're 3 up.

Really hope our fans are up for this one, could be one of the best atmospheres we've had at St Marys.

I hope so .. most of the ultras group not going to the game expensive for them after they booked prauge Greece and Milano ..

But I'm sure the 1.2k fans will rock up the stadium .

Hapoel with 8 straight wins in the league . With 3 games finishing with 5-0 5-0 5-1 .

I hope for a good game !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk