Hapoel Be'er Sheva Europa Build-up

SuperSAINT

I follow saints since pochettino's team from argentina, though this is the first season i really follow them,i have watched from the computer in a very bad quality all the matches so far, i hope today saints get qualified. Any news on the line up today? Fonte, Tadic? Austin?

Welcome, can you name one southampton player from Argentina?

The mighty Marcelo Sarmiento

97c90c70d13f7fee6c51fe35b29e0813_w220_h220_cp.jpg

Burley told the club website: "I am delighted to sign Marcelo Sarmiento who is joining us on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

"Sarmiento is a top-class footballer and my type of player. He is a playmaker with an eye for a pass who is very positive."

I follow saints since pochettino's team from argentina, though this is the first season i really follow them,i have watched from the computer in a very bad quality all the matches so far, i hope today saints get qualified. Any news on the line up today? Fonte, Tadic? Austin?

What do you think of the rotation system AS?

But it wasn't because we were outstanding defensively was it?

Yes we were actually. Anyway, I was disagreeing with someone earlier saying that if we play for 0-0 we'll definitely go out.

I'm not saying we should park the bus. I liked that Echo piece, Claude should play his strongest team, including Austin and Romeu. Fonte too, although Yoshida has been good.

Burley told the club website: "I am delighted to sign Marcelo Sarmiento who is joining us on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

"Sarmiento is a top-class footballer and my type of player. He is a playmaker with an eye for a pass who is very positive."

And only ever made four appearances.

Will be at this one. Was gutted I couldn't get to the inter game so hoping this one is just as exciting with a win for us at the end.

I think it's make or break time. We have to put out our strongest team. If jwp, jay and Yoshida are in I will be royally ****ed off. Whole of last season will mean nothing if we **** this one up. However I expect a comfortable win. Austin and Tadic to score in a 2-0 win.

Dont know if he still there but gazzaniga, the keeper.

Now on loan at Real Vallecano.

And Osvaldo, technically Italian?

Either way, tonight for me I would go as follows:

GK: Forster

LB: McQueen

RB: Cedric

CB: Van Dijk

CB: Yoshida

DM: Romeu

MC: Ward-Prowse

MC: Hojbjerg

F: Sims

F: Austin

F: Long

Worth putting Cedric and Austin in due to what's at stake. If Boufal is fit put him in for Long.

Edited by Colinjb

Now on loan at Real Vallecano.

And Osvaldo, technically Italian?

Either way, tonight for me I would go as follows:

LB: McQueen

MC: Ward-Prowse

F: Sims

F: Long

Worth putting Cedric and Austin in due to what's at stake. If Boufal is fit put him in for Long.

That midfield is too defensive

Think it will be:

Forster

Martina Yoshida VVD Bertrand

Romeu or Reed

Davis Clasie

Sims

Long JRod or McQueen

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking this is close, with Austin/Boufal/Redmond sitting first on the bench, coming on early in the 2nd if there is trouble.

I'd go all out tonight

LB: Bertrand

MC: Davis

F: Tadic

F: Boufal

We we play football maths (see crystal palace) and think we have easy games coming up (see hull) we fail.

Strongest possible team tonight this means everything

Edited by Convict Colony

That would explain a lot.

That midfield is too defensive

I disagree, Ward-Prowse ran the show v Inter and Hojbjerg has been working well when given license to go forward. Use Romeu as the anchor, give those two license to push up and they would support the attack nicely. It also ensures a reasonable shield in front of our back four.

I disagree, Ward-Prowse ran the show v Inter and Hojbjerg has been working well when given license to go forward. Use Romeu as the anchor, give those two license to push up and they would support the attack nicely. It also ensures a reasonable shield in front of our back four.

yeah he was good in that game but a more recent game against Prague he was poor as was Pierre, maybe an off night but Steve Davis has to start as his performance v Arsenal was unbelievable the closing down and running he does in games is super human and even though he doesnt score enough for me (please let that mean he scores tonight) he is more attack minded and better at linking up wiht the forwards.

Sorry to add to that point i think we can say JWP running a game is an exception rather than the rule :-)

Edited by Convict Colony

yeah he was good in that game but a more recent game against Prague he was poor as was Pierre, maybe an off night but Steve Davis has to start as his performance v Arsenal was unbelievable the closing down and running he does in games is super human and even though he doesnt score enough for me (please let that mean he scores tonight) he is more attack minded and better at linking up wiht the forwards.

I ear-marked Clasie & Davis to start this game, but with the gap between the Palace game and this one being longer than usual, Claude's normal rotation rules don't really apply so he's got carte blanche with his selection tonight.

Sorry to add to that point i think we can say JWP running a game is an exception rather than the rule :-)

I won't disagree! haha. I would like to see him have the opportunity to do it again. I see this as ideal.

Davis for Hojbjerg. Wouldn't be unhappy with that, but.......... I want to see him also have the chance. We shall see after the game! (Hopefully positively.)

I ear-marked Clasie & Davis to start this game, but with the gap between the Palace game and this one being longer than usual, Claude's normal rotation rules don't really apply so he's got carte blanche with his selection tonight.

A brother from another monther - exactly! rotation doesn't play a part for this super important game, we cannot conceed and draw so lets go attack them.

Just to switch focus, what did we learn from the 1st game against them ?

Will the travel and cold affect them ?

Who looks like their most dangerous player, where is their weak spot from the first game?

They look well organised from my tv screen and we looked like a set piece only type of goal possible for us in that game (virgil i love you but that header miss was terrible)

It does. But usually there's a pattern based on the previous game.

There really isn't for this one.

Martina, Yoshida, McQueen, Clasie, Davis and Long will probably all, or nearly all, start this one and then most likely not start against Boro.

Same as other rounds.

Been picking up a few PMs asking for my thoughts and predictions for tonight -

So here goes......

:? Puel needs to pick our best side (that for me includes Fonte)

:rolleyes: we MUST go for the win tonight - play for 0-0 and we will get punished

:D Fans need to do there part, let's make some noise tonight

:scared: LETS ATTACK no side ways passing and building percentage stats by passing about the back 4

My prediction 3-0

COYR

:badger:

This.

Been picking up a few PMs asking for my thoughts and predictions for tonight -

So here goes......

:? Puel needs to pick our best side (that for me includes Fonte)

:rolleyes: we MUST go for the win tonight - play for 0-0 and we will get punished

:D Fans need to do there part, let's make some noise tonight

:scared: LETS ATTACK no side ways passing and building percentage stats by passing about the back 4

My prediction 3-0

COYR

:badger:

Legend [emoji1377]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be a rotated squad. And it will be, because Puel is thinking long term, not short term.

We have a good squad and the eleven that Puel names should be good enough to win. We are at home, we will win this by more than 2 goals and the trolls will be very upset that they can't have a meltdown :( #prayforalpine

I will be landing in Amsterdam at exactly 8:05pm, I will be straight onto the sportsmania app on my iPhone until I get home for hopefully last 15mins of the first half.

High recommend the app for those who haven't tried it I've just been watching Man U on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk