Puel out

Lastman73

Nobody would add their own private money to a business unless A. They were completely minted or B. Completely mad !

If your business needs extra funds you get a business loan and pay it off in a structured business viable way. That way if you struggle and can't pay it off you fold the business and walk away clean (as long as you are Ltd).

To risk your own nest egg be it the house or bank balance is insane !

Kat can afford to poor millions in, I doubt you can !if you can, why not buy her out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would if they were going to quadruple their investment when the business is sold.

• 3 months later...
He wasn't helped out with the transfer window and if we have another one like last summer then we will be in the relegation battle next season imo.

Next season? We're only seven points above the bottom three this season, having won just three of our last twelve games. If Hull and Swansea keep picking up wins, someone around us is going to get sucked into it. Fortunately West Ham are in even worse form than we are.

I just don't see any signs of progress. We have the exact same deficiencies today as we had at the start of the season. We'll play the same against Palace in midweek and probably come up equally short against a well organised defence and quick counter attack.

How much is down to the manager or poor recruitment is open to debate. But we're a defensive shambles who can't score. That's a horrible combination any way you shape it.

If Marco Silva is available in the summer, I think it's a no brainier.

:mcinnes: Why is it that the Puel-out mob can't put two and two together? For most of the season we struggled for consistency due to not having a striker who could score. Not Puel's fault.

They didn't listen to us. Then Gabbi comes in, and as we predicted the performances improved dramatically, including playing Utd off the park at Wembley (with a disallowed goal). The Puel-out mob go silent. But rather than admit they're wrong, they bring out their knives again now that Gabbi is injured, with the resulting return to form of a team which doesn't have a striker who can score.

I don't think anyone has really taken to him, the fan base as a whole is pretty 'meh' about him. He doesn't even have a song...!!!

Still don't think he's a bad guy though, has the right idea's, but hands have been tied in more than one way this year. We've gone backwards though, no denying that.

Considering we are missing our best centre back for a significant period of time, have been without Austin and now without Gabbi, having lost so many players last summer and had our first proper entry in Euro group stages I'm not sure what people are expecting. Yes the footy has been poor at times this season, but with the introduction of a quality striker, Gabbi, we looked a thousand times better going forward.

Puel, like any new foreign player may need extra time to adapt to a new league and has room for improvement.

We haven't struggled for consistency though. We've been pretty similar throughout, with the outliers being the good performances. Gabbiadini helps of course, but does anyone think we've got the best out of the squad? Too many games is a lazy excuse, and his resting people never worked as we kept losing games and didn't get anywhere in Europe.

We'll judge properly in the summer, I wouldn't want to write him off completely yet but it's worrying how many players have gone backwards. Who has improved? Romeu but that's because he's playing now. VVD same high standards. Fonte massively backwards, Forster MASSIVELY backwards, Tadic backwards, Boufal nowhere near what we hoped, Long a shadow of last season, Davis not as good as last season, Hojberg downhill rapidly after early promise, Sims bursts on the scene then disappears.

Not the best signs. Just seem to be excuses each week, missing this player or that, too many games, needs more time, not enough luck and so on. Last summer most saw we didn't have enough goals in the team. We waited far too long to sign a striker and it cost us. Even then, we didn't find enough goals in the rest of the team. Then we've had a ridiculous CB situation. Sakho was available yet we went cheap and IMO cost ourselves a cup and quite a few league places.

Our league record has been appalling for quite a while. We beat a painfully out of form Leicester side when everyone was beating them, and a pathetic Sunderland side, then had a game with Watford that either team could have scored 5 or 6 in the defending was so bad.

Whoever is available to play, whatever money we have all I'd ask is has he got the most out of the players, is the team spirit good, and can you see us improving under him next season?

What an utter load of ******. We played some lovely stuff today and had enough chances to bury them n the 1st half but without Gabbiadini we lose so much (not just the goal threat). Thought JRod was OK to start today then went off the boil and Long's pace makes him a threat until it comes to finishing where he is woeful.

Add in tadic disappearing completely in the 2nd half and bottling challenges and we lacked real threat.

In terms of improving players.........JWP, Redmond, Cedric, VVD, Stephens, Yoshida all spring to mind so that is complete pony too.

We were missing our 2 best players today - VVD and Gabbiadini but some of the stuff we played was sublime *****il the finishing which has been our problem all season).

We haven't struggled for consistency though. We've been pretty similar throughout, with the outliers being the good performances. Gabbiadini helps of course, but does anyone think we've got the best out of the squad? Too many games is a lazy excuse, and his resting people never worked as we kept losing games and didn't get anywhere in Europe.

We'll judge properly in the summer, I wouldn't want to write him off completely yet but it's worrying how many players have gone backwards. Who has improved? Romeu but that's because he's playing now. VVD same high standards. Fonte massively backwards, Forster MASSIVELY backwards, Tadic backwards, Boufal nowhere near what we hoped, Long a shadow of last season, Davis not as good as last season, Hojberg downhill rapidly after early promise, Sims bursts on the scene then disappears.

Not the best signs. Just seem to be excuses each week, missing this player or that, too many games, needs more time, not enough luck and so on. Last summer most saw we didn't have enough goals in the team. We waited far too long to sign a striker and it cost us. Even then, we didn't find enough goals in the rest of the team. Then we've had a ridiculous CB situation. Sakho was available yet we went cheap and IMO cost ourselves a cup and quite a few league places.

Our league record has been appalling for quite a while. We beat a painfully out of form Leicester side when everyone was beating them, and a pathetic Sunderland side, then had a game with Watford that either team could have scored 5 or 6 in the defending was so bad.

Whoever is available to play, whatever money we have all I'd ask is has he got the most out of the players, is the team spirit good, and can you see us improving under him next season?

As has been said many times, a quality striker raises the whole team, and conversely a lack of a goal scorer drags the whole team down. Long is the perfect example, who excelled when alongside Mane.

Puel has shown that he can get the team to play superb football, as long as key players aren't injured (or, for most of the season, a striker not bloody signed yet).

If you want to have a go at anybody it's Reed for not bringing in/replacing required players soon enough.

Edited by Dark Munster

qxy0g.gif

Spot on. Just hasnt happened under Puel

We've gone from an exciting team with identity over last 5-6 seasons to a bang average side relying hugely on 2-3 players to do it all.

Puel was always a gamble and much like our summer recruitment has failed.

Edited by Heisenberg

qxy0g.gif

Spot on. Just hasnt happened under Puel

We've gone from an exciting team with identity over last 5-6 seasons to a bang average side relying hugely on 2-3 players to do it all.

Puel was always a gamble and much like our summer recruitment has failed.

Nonsense.

We have a very discernible pattern of play. Clearly evident to anyone who cares to actually watch the game.

:mcinnes: Why is it that the Puel-out mob can't put two and two together? For most of the season we struggled for consistency due to not having a striker who could score. Not Puel's fault.

They didn't listen to us. Then Gabbi comes in, and as we predicted the performances improved dramatically, including playing Utd off the park at Wembley (with a disallowed goal). The Puel-out mob go silent. But rather than admit they're wrong, they bring out their knives again now that Gabbi is injured, with the resulting return to form of a team which doesn't have a striker who can score.

Just out of interest , is anything Puels fault ? Yes we have had injuries but even when we didn't have serious issues we were poor .

Who was responsible for the change to a formation that didn't suit us ?

Who was responsible for rotating like crazy but sticking with Redmond played out of position ?

Very few players have improved under Puels ' coaching ' .

Gabbi may have scored but we we poor elsewhere . Without Gabbi we are poor again . Where is the improvement from Puel ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Pretty much this. Next season will be the one to judge Puel on this season he had to cope with another rebuilding job while trying to juggle Europe, cope with Fonte's meltdown, gets us to a cup final and cope with injuries to Austin (still our top scorer) and VVD (top 3 CBs in the league. Finally the club gets him the striker he needs and we look a different team scoring for fun and no one is complaining said striker gets injured and dickheads are out in force again....

What an utter load of ******. We played some lovely stuff today and had enough chances to bury them n the 1st half but without Gabbiadini we lose so much (not just the goal threat). Thought JRod was OK to start today then went off the boil and Long's pace makes him a threat until it comes to finishing where he is woeful.

Add in tadic disappearing completely in the 2nd half and bottling challenges and we lacked real threat.

In terms of improving players.........JWP, Redmond, Cedric, VVD, Stephens, Yoshida all spring to mind so that is complete pony too.

We were missing our 2 best players today - VVD and Gabbiadini but some of the stuff we played was sublime *****il the finishing which has been our problem all season).

Lol this is comedy gold !

10 out of 10

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Watching different game to me then, we had couple of chances 1st half and total crap last 30mins. We are s shambles at the back, yes Stephen's may be improving individually the same as yoshi but together they just don't work, Were supposedly paying s huge amount for Caceres , yesterday would've been perfect game for him to start, you've otherwise got to question why did we get him. Along with unorganised back 4 the midfield is completely out of balance and as mentioned by another poster it's alarming to see how many top players are shocking under Puel.

Pretty much this. Next season will be the one to judge Puel on this season he had to cope with another rebuilding job while trying to juggle Europe, cope with Fonte's meltdown, gets us to a cup final and cope with injuries to Austin (still our top scorer) and VVD (top 3 CBs in the league. Finally the club gets him the striker he needs and we look a different team scoring for fun and no one is complaining said striker gets injured and dickheads are out in force again....

Agreed he should be judged on next seasons performances, somehow I just don't think puel has it in him to make us a regular top ten side let alone a top seven which we aspire to, gabbiadini or not we lack the belief, the players just don't seem to gel with him & he isn't getting the best out of the majority of the squad, hope he proves me wrong next season

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He's exactly the manager LR wants, so there's no chance of him going anywhere anytime soon. I imagine he doesn't argue too much, does exactly what LR asks of him, will bring through academy players etc. He's basically the Ward-Prowse of management.

Agreed he should be judged on next seasons performances, somehow I just don't think puel has it in him to make us a regular top ten side let alone a top seven which we aspire to, gabbiadini or not we lack the belief, the players just don't seem to gel with him & he isn't getting the best out of the majority of the squad, hope he proves me wrong next season

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Agree completely. As has been said many times before, under Puel a number of our previously strong performing players are below par - that is down to Puel. I struggle to see how a team as talented as we have can consistently play such turgid, blunt and disjointed football. We're very good at playing the ball around at the back but once it goes forward we are devoid of ideas. Frustratingly this is what we used to be so good at. Yesterday looked like we had taken a number of steps back, complete with players arguing with each other.

Watching different game to me then, we had couple of chances 1st half and total crap last 30mins. We are s shambles at the back, yes Stephen's may be improving individually the same as yoshi but together they just don't work, Were supposedly paying s huge amount for Caceres , yesterday would've been perfect game for him to start, you've otherwise got to question why did we get him. Along with unorganised back 4 the midfield is completely out of balance and as mentioned by another poster it's alarming to see how many top players are shocking under Puel.

We were not a shambles at the back we had one bad patch at the end of the game with some comedy defending but were otherwise solid and kept a clean sheet. We didn't pay a huge amount for Caceres he was brought him in as a free agent on a short term contract as cover because we lacked cover at CB after VVDs injury. The players aren't alarming under Puel what we lack, what we've lacked most of the season, is a goal scorer upfront. Gabby was the missing piece unfortunately after a few games he gets injured and we are back to the same non scoring strikers who have held us back all season.

We create more chances than most teams and concede less shots than most. Not Puels fault Forster is **** (Dave Watson), JRod/Long can't finish (jay never looked the same after injury. Long always looked the same, can't convert), and we have a midfield that hasn't contributed goals since we moved back to the premier league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agree completely. As has been said many times before, under Puel a number of our previously strong performing players are below par - that is down to Puel. I struggle to see how a team as talented as we have can consistently play such turgid, blunt and disjointed football. We're very good at playing the ball around at the back but once it goes forward we are devoid of ideas. Frustratingly this is what we used to be so good at. Yesterday looked like we had taken a number of steps back, complete with players arguing with each other.

Which ones?

Tadic hasn't been any different the sublime to the ridiculous usually all in one match

Bertrand is still playing well

Cedric has improved

Yoshida has improved

JWP has improved

Steven Davis is still solid but unspectacular

Clasie is still ****

VVD has been even better this season than last

Romeu much better than last season

Forester has gone backwards

Long arguably has gone backwards but arguably last season was a one off for him

Jrod certainly no worse than last season

Austin better than last season but that's not saying much (as hardly played last season)

Cuco no different

The rest of the team are academy boys or new so pretty hard to judge if they have improved but I would say McQueen, Redmond and Stephens have all improved over the season Sims has looked decent enough Hoj and Boufal have got worse.

So who are all these previously strong performing players not doing it this season wouldn't be Mane, Pelle, Fonte and big Vic would it?

It's not easy and is down to fine margins. If Man U with their forwards and Manager can't score at home and can't beat Bournemouth how are we supposed to be brilliant all the time, just saying.

Taking an extreme view may make you a passionate fan but it doesn't make you clever.

Next season? We're only seven points above the bottom three this season, having won just three of our last twelve games. If Hull and Swansea keep picking up wins, someone around us is going to get sucked into it. Fortunately West Ham are in even worse form than we are.

I just don't see any signs of progress. We have the exact same deficiencies today as we had at the start of the season. We'll play the same against Palace in midweek and probably come up equally short against a well organised defence and quick counter attack.

How much is down to the manager or poor recruitment is open to debate. But we're a defensive shambles who can't score. That's a horrible combination any way you shape it.

If Marco Silva is available in the summer, I think it's a no brainier.

This 100% ^.

We are going backwards under Puel, yes some mitigating circumstances, but his tactics have been a nightmare for much of the season and far too many players have regressed under him. TBH, I'm not sure many players have bought what Puel is selling from day one. Not sure many of them liked Koeman but look how they played last season.

We need tactics, we need passion and man management. We are so much better than what Puel and a nondescript back room staff have managed to get out of the team and it is hard not to think that Puel is simply out of his depth in the PL. Maybe it all clicks for him in a second season and it all ends well, although nothing so far suggests this.

As Qwertyell says, Marco Silva is a no brainer, just do whatever and get him in. The work he has done at Hull is simply outstanding given their circumstances and, unlike Puel, he has adapted instantly and brilliantly to the PL and instilled passion and desire and a winning attitude into probably the leagues worst squad. What could he do with a good side like Saints?

west ham are even worse and their manager has just got the dreaded vote of confidence.

they are 1 whole point behind us

The parrallels between us an WHU are uncanny

* both knocked out of Europe at first hurdle

* both had good EFL runs before playing/losing to Man united

* both knocked out of the FA cup, losing 5-0 at home

* both have won just 9 league games

* both have won 5 home games 4 away games

* both would have expected more this season