Puel out

Lastman73

Leicester are showing how important the right manager is..same players, so, so different results.

IMO Puel is the wrong manager but I respect those who think he is the right one.

Pessimist view is that we could really really struggle next season based upon league results in the second half of this season. The optimist will say he has a window to get his own team in..however people are listing up to six or seven players (some even more) they think are not either Puels type of player or good enough for his system.

Leicester are showing how important the right manager is..same players, so, so different results.

IMO Puel is the wrong manager but I respect those who think he is the right one.

Pessimist view is that we could really really struggle next season based upon league results in the second half of this season. The optimist will say he has a window to get his own team in..however people are listing up to six or seven players (some even more) they think are not either Puels type of player or good enough for his system.

Puel is just the coach. Reed has been very clear on that.

Puel doesn't sign players or build a squad. Reed does

Its Puels job to get the best out of the players he has.... He's failing

Puel is just the coach. Reed has been very clear on that.

Puel doesn't sign players or build a squad. Reed does

Its Puels job to get the best out of the players he has.... He's failing

Pure coincidence then that we've signed Pied, Boufal and Hassen from France then ?

As opposed to Clasie, Marina et al when Koeman was manager.

Pure coincidence then that we've signed Pied, Boufal and Hassen from France then ?

As opposed to Clasie, Marina et al when Koeman was manager.

Offer for Boufal was made before Puel joined - Boufal originally thought he would be working under Koeman, so had to reconsider things when Puel was appointed.

Pied and Hassen are hardly marquee or significant signings.

The excuses made for Puel are incredible.

We all knew Long was only effective in certain ways . Puel has never tried to use a formation that suits Long but its still Long thats blamed .

Our defence is very poor atm yet Puel has not tried a more defensive line up to protect them .

These are basic issues that seem beyond Puel .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

The excuses made for Puel are incredible.

We all knew Long was only effective in certain ways . Puel has never tried to use a formation that suits Long but its still Long thats blamed .

Our defence is very poor atm yet Puel has not tried a more defensive line up to protect them .

These are basic issues that seem beyond Puel .

I agree, it's disgraceful Puel insists on playing Long without Mane. Not to mention stubbornly refusing to play our one goal-scoring striker (Gabbi) until more than half the season has passed. And on top of that, he's dropped him again, and hasn't picked our best CB since we beat Leicester. Oh, and it's unfathomable he hasn't picked Austin for months, and seemingly dropped Fonte permanently.

The man doesn't have a clue.

I agree, it's disgraceful Puel insists on playing Long without Mane. Not to mention stubbornly refusing to play our one goal-scoring striker (Gabbi) until more than half the season has passed. And on top of that, he's dropped him again, and hasn't picked our best CB since we beat Leicester. Oh, and it's unfathomable he hasn't picked Austin for months, and seemingly dropped Fonte permanently.

The man doesn't have a clue.

The other injuries are irrelevant. Are you saying Long can only be effective with Mane ?

How did he score for his previous teams then ?

For me, it boils down to the future summer transfer dealings of 2017. On one hand, we're a bad transfer window away from a relegation battle (seeing the assets like VVD, Romeu, Bertrand, Cedric, Gabbiadini, Tadic, Redmond et al sold with crap bought in to replace them), on the other hand we have the makings of a really good team and with a couple/a few decent transfers and we could really push up the table for a top 6 spot.

I think the powers that be will show Puel faith and we'll still see him here next season, and personally that wouldn't bother me as long as we show early season signs of progression, however IF the right manager became available this summer, a really decent coach and motivator, we should be looking to bring him in and let Puel go.

If Ronald Koeman had no Pelle, no Mane, No VvD from Jan till end of season, no Jose Fonte & no Big Vic where do people think we'd have ended up last season?

Some of our support really need a reality check. There's not one serious professional pundit or writer who questions the job Puels done this season. What on earths the matter with some of you people? You're becoming as deluded as West Ham supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Are you being serious?

Not really . Just tired of people claiming that Long was only scoring goals because of Mane . He maybe flawed but he can be effective if used correctly .

Puel has done nothing to try and allow Long to play that way .

If Ronald Koeman had no Pelle, no Mane, No VvD from Jan till end of season, no Jose Fonte & no Big Vic where do people think we'd have ended up last season?

Some of our support really need a reality check. There's not one serious professional pundit or writer who questions the job Puels done this season. What on earths the matter with some of you people? You're becoming as deluded as West Ham supporters.

Not deluded but just concerned ,as it stands we cant score a goal so its a good chance were already going to struggle in matches where we previously shouldnt have. This should have been addressed from the start. We ponderously pass the ball back and forth with no direct result from promising positions its dull and boring.Tadic isnt in any kind of form ,Sims ?wheres he gone?...Bouffal never seen a game through i dont think and hes our most expensive player.

Ooo

Keoman seems to be managing without them this season?

dont have to love Puel, dont have to like him but please see that he has his hands tied here this season. When he has had good players we have looked very good. He may have limitations in that he cant change us to be a bus parking, clogging, west brom but its opinion as to whether you think thats a limitation and to be fair may be a directive hes following too. We havent been consistent enough but all our players are of that nature, not top class week in week out players. He could be getting more possibly, you wonder if Poch wouyld get more from this lot but Poch is a different style of manager. Long and 1 legged JRod up front, thats a front line that gets you up from the championship not top 6. (i love them both for different reasons but its not as though we have Lukaku up front and we cant get much out of him. Last week is a great example... we haev injuries but we shouldve been 2-0 up at half time. Yes he could do more but i think he deserves a summer window, some decent transfer activity and a run of fit players without europa and see where we get to then

dont have to love Puel, dont have to like him but please see that he has his hands tied here this season. When he has had good players we have looked very good. He may have limitations in that he cant change us to be a bus parking, clogging, west brom but its opinion as to whether you think thats a limitation and to be fair may be a directive hes following too. We havent been consistent enough but all our players are of that nature, not top class week in week out players. He could be getting more possibly, you wonder if Poch wouyld get more from this lot but Poch is a different style of manager. Long and 1 legged JRod up front, thats a front line that gets you up from the championship not top 6. (i love them both for different reasons but its not as though we have Lukaku up front and we cant get much out of him. Last week is a great example... we haev injuries but we shouldve been 2-0 up at half time. Yes he could do more but i think he deserves a summer window, some decent transfer activity and a run of fit players without europa and see where we get to then

Pretty much this though I think a little harsh on Rodriguez and Long.

Like many I haven't warmed to Puel and have not been thrilled with his tactics at times but he has had limits to what he could do. I think he deserves another full season (unless we are looking like relegation fodder come next Jan) and a chance to do things his own way.

With a full pre-season, more reasonable schedule and a chance to shape his own squad then it is a case of living and dying by the sword.

Pretty much this though I think a little harsh on Rodriguez and Long.

Like many I haven't warmed to Puel and have not been thrilled with his tactics at times but he has had limits to what he could do. I think he deserves another full season (unless we are looking like relegation fodder come next Jan) and a chance to do things his own way.

With a full pre-season, more reasonable schedule and a chance to shape his own squad then it is a case of living and dying by the sword.

My problem with him is that I dont see any change of tactics or formation to counter the opposition very often. On Saturday couldn't we have Long and Jayrod running at them that would have kept them back a bit instead of swamping us in midfield with just one outlet up front its always like for like in formation?

Boufal is not a winger to alienate him wide doesn't use his strengths.

I go back again to the Spurs home game where we got battered for last 20 minutes of the half yet came out same formation same players yet a switch to stop Rose was an obvious solution.

Puel without doubt has been severely hampered by our shocking recruitment...Taylor?? Why? Fonte debacle etc but sometimes I think he is too rigid - I am more concerned with whats helping him too in Watson and Eric Black.

Its been an odd season some complete dross like WBA where he swapped 3 of the back 4 to Everton at home where were brilliant.

Not really . Just tired of people claiming that Long was only scoring goals because of Mane . He maybe flawed but he can be effective if used correctly .

Puel has done nothing to try and allow Long to play that way .

Have you ever looked at Long's stats he has only scored more than 10 goals in a season 3 times in his career and one of those was in the championship. His normally tally is around 6 goals a season. Last season was his best ever top flight season he never has and likely never will be a prolific goal scorer. He has several managers before Puel all of how have failed to turn him into some sort of goal scorer.

It's really not hard to see where our problem lies this season we are at the bottom of the shots to goals conversion rate table. We have had 153 shots on goal in the league this season only 3 less than Everton ( and actually more shots than arsenal or man city have had this season) yet Everton's conversion rate is almost double ours. We've had far more attempts on goal than a lot of teams in the league and converted the fewest.

Is the manager to blame for that? How many shooting drills can he run in training? He has set up the team to create as many chances as high flying Everton but there's only so much he can do to get the players to actually score the bloody goals. Just check out the link below it's pretty interesting

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB1

Edited by doddisalegend

Have you ever looked at Long's stats he has only scored more than 10 goals in a season 3 times in his career and one of those was in the championship. His normally tally is around 6 goals a season. Last season was his best ever top flight season he never has and likely never will be a prolific goal scorer. He has several managers before Puel all of how have failed to turn him into some sort of goal scorer.

I agree with you . He is severely limited but surely with that being obvious to everyone , Puel should try to replicate the conditions in which he has been known to thrive ( ok thrive may be an exaggeration ) .

Long needs help but Puel rarely seems to change anything . He doesn't seem to adjust the team to suit the opposition.

Many fans seem to want Puel to buy the squad he wants but they may be forgetting that we rarely buy without selling first . Who will pay a decent price for the players that have gone backwards under Puel ?

It's really not hard to see where our problem lies this season we are at the bottom of the shots to goals conversion rate table. We have had 153 shots on goal in the league this season only 3 less than Everton ( and actually more shots than arsenal or man city have had this season) yet Everton's conversion rate is almost double ours. We've had far more attempts on goal than a lot of teams in the league and converted the fewest.

Is the manager to blame for that? How many shooting drills can he run in training? He has set up the team to create as many chances as high flying Everton but there's only so much he can do to get the players to actually score the bloody goals. Just check out the link below it's pretty interesting

Agreed but have we even tried changing to a formation that may double the chance? We have a midfield that has zero chance of scoring - our academy for strikers is bare or always injured. Like for like all the time doesn't help like Saturday - Jayrod looked sharpish and having Long alongside to double our options ...maybe.

All bollix really but your stat proves not been a good year for goals at home for us.

Austin and Gabba injuries have not helped coupled with Long not being as good as last and Jayrod struggled early season.

Agreed but have we even tried changing to a formation that may double the chance? We have a midfield that has zero chance of scoring - our academy for strikers is bare or always injured. Like for like all the time doesn't help like Saturday - Jayrod looked sharpish and having Long alongside to double our options ...maybe.

All bollix really but your stat proves not been a good year for goals at home for us.

Austin and Gabba injuries have not helped coupled with Long not being as good as last and Jayrod struggled early season.

Would a formation change help? Shots on goal haven't been an issue so we are creating chances the way we are playing it's the actual putting the ball in the net that is the problem. If we weren't creating chances then a change would be more justified.

We gambled on Jrod Austin and long this season and it hasn't worked.

Would a formation change help? Shots on goal haven't been an issue so we are creating chances the way we are playing it's the actual putting the ball in the net that is the problem. If we weren't creating chances then a change would be more justified.

We gambled on Jrod Austin and long this season and it hasn't worked.

I doubt it but would have liked us to try it at least double the chance with both.

I am not a Puel out at all costs person but think its a hard one here - he hasn't been fully supported in the market. Just the diamond, the over rotation, Europe failure

and some game tactically has left me unsure about him.

When we have been good we have been bloody good so torn a bit....as I said above maybe its the backroom that needs a shake up too.

Still cant understand how the professional pundits & journos can't see what some of the geniuses on here can. Either they are totally deluded about the perceived job that Puels done or the posters on here are.

Because this is a football forum where fans watch week after week and form their opinion? Maybe if you can't accept that its not the place for you?

Professional pundits have Robbie Savage, Phil Neville and Merson ...do you agree with them?

Still cant understand how the professional pundits & journos can't see what some of the geniuses on here can. Either they are totally deluded about the perceived job that Puels done or the posters on here are.

Let the man be judged on the results and stats.

Lowest number of goals scored at home bar one

Lowest conversion of shots to goal

Puels constant rotation but funnily enough he never rotated VVD

Everybody knew we needed a striker or two before the season started uncle Les gambled on Rodruguez and later Charlie Austin

Then he let Fonte go and then splashed out on Caceres but we never play him because he is too expensive per match

The truth is the club is for sale and they wanted the books to look as good as possible

Uncle Les only splashed the cash when we lost six in a row ****ting himself when he thought we were headed down the table

It's useless uncle Les to blame and Puel controls little and doesn't object

Never mind lose the next two games and watch the mood change

I don't like Puel, I think he's a yes man with the personality of a cardboard box but some of what you have said is ridiculous :lol:

Not sure you can blame Puel for that. It's not his fault JRod and Long are ******** useless.

Then he let Fonte go and then splashed out on Caceres but we never play him because he is too expensive per match

Would love to see some evidence to suggest this is the case, which I suspect it isn't and if it was, again I don't think you could blame Puel for that. But it would would suggest that he needs to grow a pair and actually say no to Les.

The geniuises on here should be football pundits or play the game at the highest level perhaps as they think they are always right.

The geniuises on here should be football pundits or play the game at the highest level perhaps as they think they are always right.

Just because you did not play the game at the highest level doesn't make your opinion invalid.

Jose never played at a decent level, yet he is one of the best managers in the world.

Paul Merson played at the highest level and is one of the worst pundits in world sport.

Football is a game of opinions, just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them incorrect.

Jay Rod and Shane Long simply lack the quality to put the ball in the net. Puel can never alter that as it is born in them despite all the practice and experience these two have had over many years. Gabbiadini was able to immediately he came to us as he took advantage of the assists and had this quality.

Some who post on here did play at a very high level...Michael Owen played at the highest does that make him right have you heard him?

Just because you soak up everything little thing thats said without question doesn't make it right.

Shouldn't you be getting your facepaint and stripey jimjams on ready for tonight ;-)?

Sorry you can't have it both ways...he cannot be responsible for the good and not responsible for the bad or vice versa.

Jay Rod and Shane Long simply lack the quality to put the ball in the net. Puel can never alter that as it is born in them despite all the practice and experience these two have had over many years. Gabbiadini was able to immediately he came to us as he took advantage of the assists and had this quality.

And yet both have scored goals for us in the past? And before his injury J Rod was playing for England and we were all scared he would be sold? Funny how things change.

Let the man be judged on the results and stats.

Lowest number of goals scored at home bar one

Puels constant rotation but funnily enough he never rotated VVD

Everybody knew we needed a striker or two before the season started uncle Les gambled on Rodruguez and later Charlie Austin

The truth is the club is for sale and they wanted the books to look as good as possible

Uncle Les only splashed the cash when we lost six in a row ****ting himself when he thought we were headed down the table

It's useless uncle Les to blame and Puel controls little and doesn't object

Never mind lose the next two games and watch the mood change

He did rotate VVD in the first few rounds of the league cup.

And yet both have scored goals for us in the past? And before his injury J Rod was playing for England and we were all scared he would be sold? Funny how things change.

Why are you phrasing your statements as questions? Are you not sure if they scored goals in the past? Are you asking if Jrod has played for England?

I agree with you . He is severely limited but surely with that being obvious to everyone , Puel should try to replicate the conditions in which he has been known to thrive ( ok thrive may be an exaggeration ) .

Long needs help but Puel rarely seems to change anything . He doesn't seem to adjust the team to suit the opposition.

Many fans seem to want Puel to buy the squad he wants but they may be forgetting that we rarely buy without selling first . Who will pay a decent price for the players that have gone backwards under Puel ?

Straw man argument there. We just want him to have a squad without gaping holes (the huge holes being a clinical striker, a solid CB pairing, and a decent back up GK).

As I've said before, it's the thick, dumb, mouth breathing fu_ckwits who want him out.

Anyone with the capability to simultaneously walk and talk can see the limitations he's had to deal with in terms of injury and match congestion and, frankly, if you don't like the style of play we're playing, then you're an even bigger tool.

Ooo

Keoman seems to be managing without them this season?

What a pointless comment :rolleyes: He has a different set of players this year. Lukaka seems like a suitable alternative to Pelle. Where would Everton be if he was injured

The fact that they are not scoring goals now has nothing whatsoever to do with Puel. We are creating numerous chances which both contrive to **** away. Explain how it is Puell's fault that they miss open goals

What a pointless comment :rolleyes: He has a different set of players this year. Lukaka seems like a suitable alternative to Pelle. Where would Everton be if he was injured

That's my point..saying how would Keoman cope this year with our squad is irrelevant to the debate. It's impossible to prove, the only fact is RK wont have finished outside the top 7 in three seasons in the premier league, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't have done so with us again this season.. But that's also irrelevant as it can't be proven either way.