Puel out

Lastman73

Hypothetical question.... if we hadn't reached a cup final (not that we should celebrate this as success) would you still consider this a 'decent' or 'okay' season? For me probably not.

The sad thing is some people will celebrate this as success. Even the club have League Cup runners up 2017 on one of the walls inside the stadium ffs.

Yes, of course today was pretty dreadful, but...

- We are 9th in the Premier League (with games in hand)

- We reached a cup final

- Only ONE team above us has a smaller income

- Who apart from West Brom (and perhaps Everton) are you realistically disappointed we are below int he table?

He isn't going to be sacked whilst that remains the case! :mcinnes:

- We reached a cup final

- Who apart from West Brom (and perhaps Everton) are you realistically disappointed we are below int he table?

But it's so DULL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- We reached a cup final

Which we won't win, so they are irrelevant.

I predict that bmouth and Leicester will both also finish above us and possibly stoke if they beat us last game of the season.

- We reached a cup final

Not just today but pretty much every home game this season !

- We reached a cup final

I really do admire the optimistic views you put forward. People need time and chance to show what they can do so am not one for sacking quickly ...... however all the signs are there that the underlying performance of the team is not good. You can maintain things for a while before it really bites you and when you realise that it is then its too late. I believe we are on this journey and need to turn things quickly.

He seems totally incapable of motivating and changing things.... therefore time to go Claude

- We reached a cup final

I do think our fanbase is abnormally thicker than others, I really do. Some fans don't realise how lucky we are.

The sad thing is some people will celebrate this as success. Even the club have League Cup runners up 2017 on one of the walls inside the stadium ffs.

This. Its like Pardew at Palace last season - the cup final papered over all their cracks and guess what? It spilled into this season and put a team full of internationals in jeopardy of relegation when, as proven by their recent results, they shouldn't ever have been in any danger whatoever.

There are undoubtedly plenty of mongs who took an instant dislike to Puel from the word go, but just because they were unjustified calling for him to be sacked then, doesn't mean they're wrong calling for his head now.

I've spent most of fhe season saying 'give him time', but the reality is that he has now been given time. Today was exactly the same as the Be'er Sheva game. Toothless. No urgency. Soft in the challenge and barely able to string a one-two together let alone create chances - whilst looking pretty vulnerable to the counter attack to boot.

I don't want to call for anyone to lose their job but I've just seen no progress throughout the season whatsoever.

We finished 6th after 2 seasons of the same manager!

Remember, half of you lot a month ago thought we were in a relegation battle [emoji38]

Just see what happens next season. If there isn't any improvement then yes, that's when to get worried. And I'd like to think that we'll be battling for European places.

Yep so true so why do you post? Did you go today?

Who picked the players? Who failed to address the poor formation?

Why take off your one player who looks likely to score and not bring on a forward as well as?

Of course it's the fans and players fault!

I do think our fanbase is abnormally thicker than others, I really do. Some fans don't realise how lucky we are.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with the selection or tactics today. Poor execution cost us. It doesn't matter what the manager says to the players if they make a mess of simple slide-rule passes when we're in front of goal, or smash the ball miles over when they shoot.

The only issue I have with Puel today is taking Boufal off. I thought Redmond was having his worst game for ages so I would have taken him off for Sims, not Boufal.

It feels like we're just treading water until Kat manages to sell the club and I can't see any significant changes taking place at the top or any major investment in players until she does. The atmosphere at the Club is so different to this time last year. What a difference a year makes.

I feel Puel has to go. There is a real negative air around him. If we stick with him, he will turn us into relegation candidates next season. Season ticket sales will surely drop this summer, i can't believe all of our S/T holders are going to pay £800 + to watch another season like this one. WE have DEFINITELY gone backwards. I would have Koeman back tomorrow. Saints board need to act as soon as the season has finished.

Personally, I'd prefer the mongy fans to go, rather than Puel.

This. Its like Pardew at Palace last season - the cup final papered over all their cracks and guess what? It spilled into this season and put a team full of internationals in jeopardy of relegation when, as proven by their recent results, they shouldn't ever have been in any danger whatoever.

There are undoubtedly plenty of mongs who took an instant dislike to Puel from the word go, but just because they were unjustified calling for him to be sacked then, doesn't mean they're wrong calling for his head now.

I've spent most of fhe season saying 'give him time', but the reality is that he has now been given time. Today was exactly the same as the Be'er Sheva game. Toothless. No urgency. Soft in the challenge and barely able to string a one-two together let alone create chances - whilst looking pretty vulnerable to the counter attack to boot.

I don't want to call for anyone to lose their job but I've just seen no progress throughout the season whatsoever.

A very good post IMO.

I've not been happy with him since our awful display in Europe. Cup final brought him time (in all honesty we only played 1 decent team in the run and lost to them), but since then, we've only got worse.

Injuries have played their part, but you can't blame our style of play on the injury to VVD.

Let's say we give puel until Christmas and he fails... this would put the new man on back foot. Give the new man the summer to get his own players in, convince those still here to stay and have a full preseason to change the mentality of the squad.

Nothing wrong with the selection or tactics today. Poor execution cost us. It doesn't matter what the manager says to the players if they make a mess of simple slide-rule passes when we're in front of goal, or smash the ball miles over when they shoot.

The only issue I have with Puel today is taking Boufal off. I thought Redmond was having his worst game for ages so I would have taken him off for Sims, not Boufal.

You could use this excuse if it was a handful of games in a season, but it's been 90% of ours....

- We reached a cup final

A cup final isn't success. We lost.

Lots have said it...poor Puel is the only manager who is not responsible for anything that happens on the pitch.

Until the club back him by buying Messi, Ronaldo, Luiz, Hazard, Costa, De Gea, walker, Kane, wanyama, Mane and Lukaku you just can't hold him to account as he hasn't got the tools to do the job.

Problem is boring manager not able to motivate players. He HAS to go

A cup final isn't success. We lost.

If you think the tactics were right you shouldn't be calling anyone Mongy!

So when a team are playing 4-5-1 like Hull you keep just Romeu as your one tackler?

Personally, I'd prefer the mongy fans to go, rather than Puel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lots have said it...poor Puel is the only manager who is not responsible for anything that happens on the pitch.

Until the club back him by buying Messi, Ronaldo, Luiz, Hazard, Costa, De Gea, walker, Kane, wanyama, Mane and Lukaku you just can't hold him to account as he hasn't got the tools to do the job.

That's a poor excuse that's so overused, your job as manager is to motivate what ever team is available to you, puel knew what he was walking into when he came here, he knew we are a summer exudos club, whatever way you look at it these players should be doing a lot lot better than they are, we still have a few quality players that simply aren't performing under puel & have got progressively worse!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You could use this excuse if it was a handful of games in a season, but it's been 90% of ours....

Sorry, what are you saying there? That 90% of our matches have been really bad? We must be the luckiest team in history to be in the top half then.

That's a poor excuse that's so overused, your job as manager is to motivate what ever team is available to you, puel knew what he was walking into when he came here, he knew we are a summer exudos club, whatever way you look at it these players should be doing a lot lot better than they are, we still have a few quality players that simply aren't performing under puel & have got progressively worse!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Are you suggesting the manager IS responsible for what happens on the pitch? I thought we had moved away from that now? Can't you see that strikers not scoring and goal keepers not saving is not the managers fault? Why do you think Moyes hasn't been sacked?

If a player scores15 goals for us last year and choses to score only 3 or 4 this year, how is that the managers fault?

If Gabbiadini is not on the pitch, say at the end of a cup final or against Hull, so he doesn't score, how is that the managers fault?

Can't you see everyone else has got better so we should be losing to everyone especially the top 6 so that's not Puels fault?

Not sure what the Puel out brigade think he is responsible for?

Sorry, what are you saying there? That 90% of our matches have been really bad? We must be the luckiest team in history to be in the top half then.

the average saints game this season has been dull, that is a fact. The entertainment factor of our performances generally match that of the managers press conferences, snoozefest where we enjoy possession but not shots on goal (or even a goal).

17 home league goals in 16 matches - when was the last time we had such a season?

I do feel sorry for Puel in some respects, we've had injuries to key players, but how many times have we walked away from games this season questioning what the manager was doing, i've lost count. I've never seen fans around me as angry as they were the night we went out of Europe at home to Be'ersheva.

I shall be emailing the club asking for conformation that they expect Puel to still be in charge next season , If so I shan't be forking out for season tickets next season my mind has been made up today I can't afford to pay out thousands of pounds again next season for little to no enjoyment out of it !

I just wonder how some of you saps coped when we were genuinely ****.

Or presumably you just weren't there?

they used to be far more vocal, organise protests and generally make St Mary's/The Dell horrendous.

at the mo, just saying they do not think the manager is much cop

I paid a lot less money , had more Saturday 3pm kickoff's and still moaned ! You renewing your Season ticket ?

I've always been a shallow, plastic glory hunter - started going in 77 after we won the cup, aged 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been the case all season.

And why was Tadic allowed near taking the penalty for Christ sake?

It feels like we're just treading water until Kat manages to sell the club and I can't see any significant changes taking place at the top or any major investment in players until she does. The atmosphere at the Club is so different to this time last year. What a difference a year makes.

Agree the future ownership/structure has to be sorted before any decisions are taken, either by a new board, or KL if she accepts she's in it for another year.

We must be the luckiest team in history to be in the top half then.

Now you mention it......

Since the premiership started and in the last 30 years only one side has finished 9th with just 11 league wins.

The average is 15 wins for 9th placed

We had an excuse for being sh!t (off field issues etc..), it wasn't just because of the manage/coaching staffr....

Now you mention it......

Since the premiership started and in the last 30 years only one side has finished 9th with just 11 league wins.

The average is 15 wins for 9th placed

we wont be finishing 9th. reckon 15th or so.....then people like Benji will tell what a success that is