Puel out

Lastman73

It's like having a club-employed troll.

We're 8th, we're 9th, we're 10th. Wherever we end up we're miles off previous standards and there's a big difference between 7th/8th and close points wise to the big clubs and mid-table and miles off. We're far closer to the relegation fight and moronic positivity in the face of constantly poor performances isn't going to help. Sleep walking down the table with a poor manager and little backbone in the side is a recipe for disaster next season. And that's what I'm focused on, next season. It's a huge summer, they need to get signings right and have the manager to get them playing.

Our manager has sent too many players backwards and quite simply doesn't seem to have the respect from half of them. Their manager backing statements fill me with as much confidence as they did when players backed Wigley.

Good performances have been rare. Very rare. We've won games against **** poor sides. 4 in 2017. Leicester when they were the worst away team in the league and a complete pushover. Sunderland who are dire. Watford who are dire in a match that both sides could have conceded 5 or 6. And West Brom who have been on the beach and losing to most teams. Why is anyone surprised when we fail to win? Just take a little organisation to hold us off and a few shots on target to beat us.

Perhaps you could give some detail on all the specific positives about Puel rather than meaningly club PR? Who has he improved and how? What are his tactical strengths? Why are results going to pick up? Why shouldn't we worry about him being in charge as we look to replace Fonte and Van Dijk?

Totally agree with this. The happy clappers are most likely club employees. Bar the West Ham away game I can hardly recall a league game where we've played that well.

Totally agree with this. The happy clappers are most likely club employees. Bar the West Ham away game I can hardly recall a league game where we've played that well.

Don't let MLG get inside your head. Don't give him the pleasure.

#onesickcat

It appals me too. But you risk being called a "Mong " and a "dinlow" for daring to dissent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daring to dissent?

Who exactly is stopping you and who exactly are you dissenting against?

It's a fans forum you soppy sod.

Question for those who want to see him stay: In what areas have we improved since our first few games of the season?

Our season began with us scraping and stumbling through home games against Watford and Sunderland much like today, along with us being comfortably handled by Man United, much like against Chelsea and City.

Just nothing has changed. We're still liable to drop points against weaker teams at home whilst looking uncoordinated, uncreative, toothless and boring. We still don't seem to be getting any closer to so much as making a nuisance of ourselves against the big boys. We haven't seen players like Boufal improve and be integrated into the team the way Mané did in his first season under Koeman.

What's getting better? What gives you cause for optimism for next year?

Its not just the results or the league position. I'm just seeing no progress at all.

I shall be emailing the club asking for conformation that they expect Puel to still be in charge next season , If so I shan't be forking out for season tickets next season my mind has been made up today I can't afford to pay out thousands of pounds again next season for little to no enjoyment out of it !

I would imagine your email will be an agenda item at the next board meeting. No, really I do...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I shall be emailing the club asking for conformation that they expect Puel to still be in charge next season , If so I shan't be forking out for season tickets next season my mind has been made up today I can't afford to pay out thousands of pounds again next season for little to no enjoyment out of it !

pls tell me if they reply to that!!!

we wont be finishing 9th. reckon 15th or so.....then people like Benji will tell what a success that is

which would be worse than our 2012-13 season.

also, we got 56 points i think in 2013-14- that aint happening this season

on a side note- if only Tadic scored that penalty :lol::lol:

You can imagine what you want Mick makes no difference to me !?

Stupid original post. Do you really believe for one moment that somebody in the club is going to assure you that the current manager will not be in post at the start of next season, and therefore Simo can renew his season ticket..! Have a word with yourself.

As one of the so called happy clappers on here, and one who wants Puel for at least another season I can tell you that I'm pretty ****ed off at today's performance as well. But at the end of the day, that's football, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Bad day today, move on to the next one.

I get the fact that you are a paying customer, I get it. But likewise you have to understand that it can all be good, somewhere in between, or as Sunderland found out today, all bad - that is the nature of sport. Getting all precious and sending stupid emails is pointless.

Thank god this forum isn't remotely representative of what the real fans think.

What a laughing stock this place has become.

I enjoyed watching the meltdown on here today, it was really quite comical, but you're right, the place is a bit of a joke now.

I always felt Puel was a bad appointment, never wanted him, my preference was Marco Silva as soon as I heard he had left his job in Greece. If we had appointment Silva, I think the Fonte situation would have been different due to the Portuguese connection. Puel has been unlucky with injuries though Austin and VVD have been huge loses especially when Long has had a poor season and JRod has only shown glimpses of what he can do. The signings haven't worked out also, Hojberg, Pied (Injured), Boufal (needs a full preseason and some confidence). I am 50 50 as to whether Puel should go, I think JWP and Maya have improved under Puel, Gabbi will be good if he gets the service, Redmond has potential. I like the way he has played McQueen, Sims and is not afraid to play youngsters. It's not been a terrible season but poor compared to previous three.

It's a tough one for me, give Puel one more season or get a replacement in. If Silva was available, would have him in a heartbeat but I can see there being a host of clubs in for him. i think the board will stick with Puel as it's a project, need to trust them as they have got little wrong in the past five seasons.

Just need Swansea to lose tomorrow so we are mathematically safe and then we can start planning for next season.

I know we have as many positive trolls as negative ones on here, but personally I'm sick of Puel. Don't see anything to suggest he'll turn it round and have us progressing. After the top 7 the teams in this league have been dire this season, yet we still struggle to win games. The combination of poor and boring isn't helping matters.

Some seem to think there's no link between these displays and our failure to beat any of the top teams, but we've been very consistent. If today was against a decent side, we lose. If Bournemouth had had shooting boots on at St Mary's we'd have lost comfortably. The strong performances are just so rare, and that's after a few seasons of performing well, not just winning games but winning them well quite often.

Our team seems an utter mess. Forster's main tactic seems to be relying on luck, never seen such a flat footed keeper in my life. Romeu has to be the central midfield all alone, and Boufal gets rewarded for his petulance and poor form as a sub with 2 starts, which lead to 1 point. He's terrible as a team player, just all attitude and little to back it up. We've seen Rodriguez look annoyed not to get picked, not to come on, to get subbed despite being pathetic when he plays, and the ridiculous situation with Long v Man City. What Puel has done to Long I don't know. Again today you see comments blaming the players if it's bad and praising the manager if it's good, but player performance is the manager's job. Long has gone from very good to absymal. Tadic is half the player now, Redmond inconsistent. So playing Tadic, Boufal and Redmond means you're overwhelmingly likely to be carrying at least 1 player.

Odds are we'll stick with Puel and sack him before Christmas, but that's a dangerous strategy. Would love to see the club put it right and give a decent manager this summer to sort things out, come back upbeat and excited about next season. Christ, without that league cup run would anyone still be backing Puel?

I find myself violently agreeing with you. I'll make my point again on top of this... not one player has become better since Puel arrived, less perhaps Yoshida who now makes only one potential match losing error per game instead of 3-4.

You're right - Long, Redmond, Forster, Tadic, Boufal all look worse now than at the start of his reign and so do others.

Sack him now. I'd rather take a new manager in now before the Les Reed and company sale of talent in the summer... because I'm sensing under Puel there's going to be a player exodus because they don't want to be here!

New leader urgently required. It's been coming all season - I predicted 14th under Puel, I'm sticking to it.

Oh and Les.... player sales this summer? Look at Swansea.

Attend (usually) 18 away a year combined with a ST. This season, I've traveled to Israel, Milan and Prague and had to endure a pathetic performance in all 3.

I'd say I'm in a pretty good position to judge past and current managers and would like to think I fall in that 'real fan' category. But perhaps not as I'm not too pleased with what's going on at the club at present (this season).

You clearly don't go to games. Where I sit the majority are fed up with how we've performed this season.

To be fair, it's possible that Pamplemousse goes to games and either sits in a bubble with like minded people or determines that everyone in attendance isn't a real fan.

It's like having a club-employed troll.

We're 8th, we're 9th, we're 10th. Wherever we end up we're miles off previous standards and there's a big difference between 7th/8th and close points wise to the big clubs and mid-table and miles off. We're far closer to the relegation fight and moronic positivity in the face of constantly poor performances isn't going to help. Sleep walking down the table with a poor manager and little backbone in the side is a recipe for disaster next season. And that's what I'm focused on, next season. It's a huge summer, they need to get signings right and have the manager to get them playing.

Our manager has sent too many players backwards and quite simply doesn't seem to have the respect from half of them. Their manager backing statements fill me with as much confidence as they did when players backed Wigley.

Good performances have been rare. Very rare. We've won games against **** poor sides. 4 in 2017. Leicester when they were the worst away team in the league and a complete pushover. Sunderland who are dire. Watford who are dire in a match that both sides could have conceded 5 or 6. And West Brom who have been on the beach and losing to most teams. Why is anyone surprised when we fail to win? Just take a little organisation to hold us off and a few shots on target to beat us.

Perhaps you could give some detail on all the specific positives about Puel rather than meaningly club PR? Who has he improved and how? What are his tactical strengths? Why are results going to pick up? Why shouldn't we worry about him being in charge as we look to replace Fonte and Van Dijk?

Said it for me. Thank you.

Judging by today's game and atmosphere you right - even more of the fans wanted him gone. Well, those that could stay awake.

Stupid original post. Do you really believe for one moment that somebody in the club is going to assure you that the current manager will not be in post at the start of next season, and therefore Simo can renew his season ticket..! Have a word with yourself.

As one of the so called happy clappers on here, and one who wants Puel for at least another season I can tell you that I'm pretty ****ed off at today's performance as well. But at the end of the day, that's football, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Bad day today, move on to the next one.

I get the fact that you are a paying customer, I get it. But likewise you have to understand that it can all be good, somewhere in between, or as Sunderland found out today, all bad - that is the nature of sport. Getting all precious and sending stupid emails is pointless.

Sending stupid emails got the Markus flag to Wembley, Believe it or not the club are quite responsive to my emails both positive and negative, Somethimes it is the commercial spin they spout but quite often it isn't! Try it some time you maybe surprised.

As for the rough with the smooth it hasn't just been a bad day it's been a bad season as far as home performances go

Edited by simo

Sending stupid emails got the Markus flag to Wembley, Believe it or not the club are quite responsive to my emails both positive and negative, Somethimes it is the commercial spin they spout but quite often it isn't! Try it some time you maybe surprised.

As for the rough with the smooth it hasn't just been a bad day it's been a bad season as far as home performances go

The club might well enter into dialogue with you over taking a flag to Wembley, I would expect nothing less. Believe me, they won't entertain the clarification that you're seeking in order to secure a single season ticket sale. Again, your first post was preposterous.

It was a **** performance today but not a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Puel is damned because he is not (nor will he ever be) a charismatic media performer.... but if you look at what he's achieved on the pitch I think he is worth at least another season. We've had a long hard season, the first period of which was spent a) getting used to a new manager and b) without a second goal scorer (and I personally don't think Austin is all that), the second period was without VVD.

If people want to get rid of a manager after less than twelve months (and the team isn't in a relegation battle) they need their heads looking at.

Don't be such a ******.

"I will be emailing the club", who the **** do you think you are?

Our support is full of thick, unnecessarily angry and upset people, just waiting for their chance to boo Boufal, Puel, Tadic, JWP, depending on their mood.

Properly weird, odd behaviour. The people doing it, I've never seen at an away game before.

Today was s***te, boring, plenty of areas for improvement, nothing really worth the reaction it's got though.

Our support is full of thick, unnecessarily angry and upset people, just waiting for their chance to boo Boufal, Puel, Tadic, JWP, depending on their mood.

Properly weird, odd behaviour. The people doing it, I've never seen at an away game before.

Today was s***te, boring, plenty of areas for improvement, nothing really worth the reaction it's got though.

Look at you the hard man. Today was absolutely dire and it did completely deserve the reaction it got. Maybe rather than moaning at dans who pay hard earned cash to watch you should focus attention on the players who are paid fortunes.

Look at you the hard man. Today was absolutely dire and it did completely deserve the reaction it got. Maybe rather than moaning at fans who pay hard earned cash to watch you should focus attention on the players who are paid fortunes.

Do you ever actually go to SMS? No shortage of fans questioning Puel around me and on the walk from the ground today.

Don't be such a ******.

"I will be emailing the club", who the **** do you think you are?

I don't see anything wrong with asking the club some question before dropping several hundred Pounds on a season ticket. We are the customer, and in most businesses, a customer is more than entitled to ask what they are paying for and should actually expect a proper/straight/accurate answer. Football for some reason, maybe as it has a largely captive audience, works differently and doesn't really take the concerns of the supporters/customers as seriously as they should.

Six league wins at home all season, with only Middlesbrough and Sunderland scoring less home goals is not a recipe for happy season ticket holders. You can hear the discontent coming out of the box particularly during today's game when Puel subbed Gabbiadini off. Today was a tepid, turgid and downright uninspiring performance.

I've wavered at times but taking into account key injuries, significant improvements in the "big 6" teams, and improvements in players like Stephens, Cedric, Redmond and JWP I think that Puel has done a decent but uninspiring job. On balance I'm about 60% Puel in.

We finished 6th after 2 seasons of the same manager!

Remember, half of you lot a month ago thought we were in a relegation battle [emoji38]

Just see what happens next season. If there isn't any improvement then yes, that's when to get worried. And I'd like to think that we'll be battling for European places.

Are you Les Reed ? Serious question

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Sorry, what are you saying there? That 90% of our matches have been really bad? We must be the luckiest team in history to be in the top half then.

We are 3 points off 16th . I don't think you can really use that argument anymore

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Remember back in January/February when all the happy clappers said our results would improve once we were out of the cups and didn't have to rotate as much? Well it's been 2 months since our last cup game and we're still ****.

Im not exactly sold on someone taking over the club, but if it means getting rid of Puel and Les and bringing in a manager that wants to play exciting football abd take us up a notch I'm all for it.