Puel out

Lastman73

I believe Claude will still be our manager next season. Club to back him in the summer by keeping and signing the players he wants. He has done ok in his first ever season in the toughest league in the world and a new culture.

Does that mean we keep VVD and Bertrand, or not?

I believe Claude will still be our manager next season. Club to back him in the summer by keeping and signing the players he wants. He has done ok in his first ever season in the toughest league in the world and a new culture.

I really hope this is the case. We shouldn't be bending over backwards to players if we don't have to and we should be backing a manager who has clearly been left a little short this season. We've got some good potential players in our team and we need to give them time to mature, we'll see better next season and the manager we chose last year to guide that maturity doesn't become the wrong man because of a mid table finish and a cup final defeat. Lets back him. The summer is going to be painful on this board though.

I find it very hard to believe we will keep Van Dijk if Chelsea offer us £50 million

This must be dependent on investment / takeover or sale of vvd surely? Don't see club having the funds required to sort out the pig ears they have made of transfers this season.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

why?

There is a lot to be said for stability. If the club truly think he is the best man they could get for the job, why change?

TBF if the club are keeping him (and no one here can influence that) then they have to back him this summer.

I don't think he will be able to keep the best players but probably no manager would so it's musical chairs playing staff wise again. If, as is rumoured, some players don't want to play for him, they also have to go. perhaps the decision was already made when Fonte went..the club possibly backed Puel to the extent we got rid with no replacement.

At least by keeping Puel, anyone sold can be deemed as "not a Puel type of player".

I find it very hard to believe we will keep Van Dijk if Chelsea offer us £50 million

I've mentioned in the takeover thread , Maybe the potential sale of the club will have a baring on weather we sell our prized asset Or not !?

Big club change in policy then if he's allowed to sign players he wants ?

Big change in policy if a saints manager can keep top players, most that are any good cant leave quickly enough. If Koeman didn't manage to keep any of them then I cant see mr charisma bypass being able to.

Let's see how keen the club are to keep him when they see the drop in ST renewals...

"Why don't we leave more players up the pitch when we defend corners" has been said about every Saints manager I can ever remember.

And it's probably the thing that winds me up the most, that and "he's got no plan B".

The reason a lot of modern managers don't leave anyone up front is this; If you leave 1 or 2 upfront or even 3, the opposition counter it by adding 1 extra. Theses defenders are in a defensive structure. If you leave nobody up front you obviously have more defending (admittedly against more attackers, because they don't need to stay back and defend), but the idea is when you break, you break from all angles and areas, it's harder to defend the counter attack when players don't start in set positions and you don't know who you're picking up.Its not about being defensive only but about being defensive but being able to break quickly and randomly. Take the Liverpool away goal, would Simms & Long been able to break so effectively and would Liverpool's defending been so stretched had they stood on the halfway line and been marked by 3 Liverpool players. That is the theory. Some managers prefer this and some prefer to leave players upfront, that's down to personal opinion. But what winds me up is people asking why nobody is left upfront, when it's ****ing obvious why.

There is a lot to be said for stability. If the club truly think he is the best man they could get for the job, why change?

TBF if the club are keeping him (and no one here can influence that) then they have to back him this summer.

I don't think he will be able to keep the best players but probably no manager would so it's musical chairs playing staff wise again. If, as is rumoured, some players don't want to play for him, they also have to go. perhaps the decision was already made when Fonte went..the club possibly backed Puel to the extent we got rid with no replacement.

At least by keeping Puel, anyone sold can be deemed as "not a Puel type of player".

How does 'getting rid' with no replacement equal backing Puel - What difference exactly does no replacement make...

How can a club back a manager who has lost the dressing room and the fans ?

We are risking a massive player exit again and really would be ridiculous mismanagement by Les to let that happen again ....

I am renewing my season tkt and face nearly 2 hours each way every match, day and night. This season I have often felt cheated by such dull stuff without inspiration, without the style we have been accustomed to. Puel, or no Puel can we please have a style to enjoy and be proud of?

Seems like the club are in the corner, with Tadic, Bertrand, Redmond, long, & VVD all falling out with puel & publicly stating they have no faith in the manager to Les, don't see where they can go now, they either have to accept another mass player exit, or replace the manager

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Seems like the club are in the corner, with Tadic, Bertrand, Redmond, long, & VVD all falling out with puel & publicly stating they have no faith in the manager to Les, don't see where they can go now, they either have to accept another mass player exit, or replace the manager

I've missed something. Where were those players publicly doing anything?

There won't be some massive reduction some old ST holders won't renew but I know a couple of people who have already become new STs for next season.

I think you'll be surprised, I know a number of people who are either not renewing due to the manager and/or are waiting to see who we sell first before deciding.

With the club no longer offering discount for renewals, they've opened themself up to people holiding off to see what happens over the summer as there is no real benefit (other than holing your seat) to renew early.

With a new family stand being provided it's very unlikely there will be a drop I think

Haven't they just moved it from kingsland / chapel corner to chapel / itchen corner...? Not too sure why this would persuade any more people to purchase one? If anything, it'll just **** off those that currently sit there.

Haven't they just moved it from kingsland / chapel corner to chapel / itchen corner...? Not too sure why this would persuade any more people to purchase one? If anything, it'll just **** off those that currently sit there.

No I believe it's a whole new family area on top of the current one.

I think you'll be surprised, I know a number of people who are either not renewing due to the manager and/or are waiting to see who we sell first before deciding.

With the club no longer offering discount for renewals, they've opened themself up to people holiding off to see what happens over the summer as there is no real benefit (other than holing your seat) to renew early.

Nearly all the season ticket holders around me said they won't be renewing if Puel was manager next season , Also the ones who are renewing and usually get theirs as soon as possible are waiting for the last possible moment to do so in case there is a mass exodus again which may tip the balance and change their minds ! I got with the boy mostly these days and neither of us are enjoying it this season he really doesn't want to go next year because "It's boring" so we're probably going to spend the money on a summer holiday and cherry pick the games we want to go to !

I have a few mates that are the same. Just read a few posts on SFC Facebook page and on here, Puel has divided the club. (seems to be roughly 70/30 against)

I was more patient than most, but can't bare to watch another season under Puel.

If peeps are prepared to pay to watch Puels football they deserve a medal, I can't even watch 2 minutes of his interviews anymore

I have a few mates that are the same. Just read a few posts on SFC Facebook page and on here, Puel has divided the club. (seems to be roughly 70/30 against)

I was more patient than most, but can't bare to watch another season under Puel.

If peeps are prepared to pay to watch Puels football they deserve a medal, I can't even watch 2 minutes of his interviews anymore

I really hope he stays now after this post as you will have nothing to say about the team as you wont have seen anything..... we will be glasgow free ... :D

And it's probably the thing that winds me up the most, that and "he's got no plan B".

The reason a lot of modern managers don't leave anyone up front is this; If you leave 1 or 2 upfront or even 3, the opposition counter it by adding 1 extra. Theses defenders are in a defensive structure. If you leave nobody up front you obviously have more defending (admittedly against more attackers, because they don't need to stay back and defend), but the idea is when you break, you break from all angles and areas, it's harder to defend the counter attack when players don't start in set positions and you don't know who you're picking up.Its not about being defensive only but about being defensive but being able to break quickly and randomly. Take the Liverpool away goal, would Simms & Long been able to break so effectively and would Liverpool's defending been so stretched had they stood on the halfway line and been marked by 3 Liverpool players. That is the theory. Some managers prefer this and some prefer to leave players upfront, that's down to personal opinion. But what winds me up is people asking why nobody is left upfront, when it's ****ing obvious why.

It also allows a player or two on the goal line at near or far post. The same reason that Koeman also never left a player upfront. It seems that people are starting to find new ways to oppose Puel. We should impose a fun new rule on this debate which forces folk to include the words "Mane, Pelle, Wanyama, VVD and Austin" in any assessment. Be really interesting to read. Let's go for it for a day....

I've missed something. Where were those players publicly doing anything?

Oops autocorrect privately as in they approached Les but nothing on social media...... Yet

It also allows a player or two on the goal line at near or far post. The same reason that Koeman also never left a player upfront. It seems that people are starting to find new ways to oppose Puel. We should impose a fun new rule on this debate which forces folk to include the words "Mane, Pelle, Wanyama, VVD and Austin" in any assessment. Be really interesting to read. Let's go for it for a day....

I personally think he's tried to change things and be a bit more attacking (last 2 teams showed that) but I just looked like the players didn't want to know and once you lose the dressing room there's usually only one way it ends !

Those banging on about not renewing will be the same type who didn't bother going in L1.

Premier League wan_kers. They'll not be missed and it'll help improve the atmosphere as it'll just be the proper fans left again. #happydays.

Except most people who are saying it are long term season ticket holders so that ****s up your statement doesn't it wan-ker!

If you are going to try these sort of posts you need start them with something believable.....

I'm not renewing my two corporate tickets, mainly because two hours of travelling each way has become a chore watching this manager's teams play.

I'm thinking along a similar basis for my season ticket next year. 2 hours travel minimum each way... to watch crap like Hull at home.... week in, week out!! I want to like Puel, but he seems to be tactically inept at substitutions and has no plan B. Plus he has given in to Tadic's hissy fit to make him our main man now... as a result we have been playing with 10men each week. My frustration with the whole club this season leads me to think that something has to change surely. All our top players are being linked with moves away, we are playing a boring style of football, and I see very little hope of that changing with another summer of disruption ahead. I was so enthusiastic about the team around the cup final game, even after the loss... but since then our playing style and form has hit the bumps and we hear constantly about player unrest and players leaving... What exactly is going on?!?!

Nearly all the season ticket holders around me said they won't be renewing if Puel was manager next season , Also the ones who are renewing and usually get theirs as soon as possible are waiting for the last possible moment to do so in case there is a mass exodus again which may tip the balance and change their minds ! I got with the boy mostly these days and neither of us are enjoying it this season he really doesn't want to go next year because "It's boring" so we're probably going to spend the money on a summer holiday and cherry pick the games we want to go to !

It's a battle of bluff that can't be won as the club will not show it's hand until after 15th May, many reluctant ST holders will panic on the 14th as they will not want to lose their favourite seats.

My son and I will not renew until some clarity emerges about next season and we are prepared to go beyond the 15th. If we lose our seats so be it! Even less incentive then to renew.

In truth we've had to miss so many games through the endless fixture re-arrangements that cherry picking rather than buying our ST's makes more sense anyway.

If Puel, Black and their cohorts are still here on July 1st that's it for us.

It's a battle of bluff that can't be won as the club will not show it's hand until after 15th May, many reluctant ST holders will panic on the 14th as they will not want to lose their favourite seats.

My son and I will not renew until some clarity emerges about next season and we are prepared to go beyond the 15th. If we lose our seats so be it! Even less incentive then to renew.

In truth we've had to miss so many games through the endless fixture re-arrangements that cherry picking rather than buying our ST's makes more sense anyway.

For the first time in 4 seasons we haven't got clubs clamouring after our manager, says volumes but good news for those who are content with dullness and mid table mediocrity. Good news though, at least there will be stability.

Keeping our seats isn't really an issue as everyone around us are doing the same , we'd just all move IF we do renew and our seats are gone !

Personally, you always get people at this stage of the season saying they're not renewing for certain reasons. The guys around me say it most years, but then they're still there the following season!

I haven't renewed yet, but it's not because I'm not going to...just leaving it to the last moment. Not waiting for the club to show their hand or anything, I just always leave it to the deadline. I've done that with everything all my life, even homework.

Those banging on about not renewing will be the same type who didn't bother going in L1.

Premier League wan_kers. They'll not be missed and it'll help improve the atmosphere as it'll just be the proper fans left again. #happydays.

Er... from what I recall you don't go to many home games? ;)

How many games have you been to in recent years?

I'm not renewing and have held a season ticket and go home and away for 20 odd years. This is not only because of the manager, but he has played a major part in it.

I generally don't see the benefit of it anymore. I haven't enjoyed home games, or most of the away's either to be honest, this season. I'll just pay £25 to get a membership and pick and chose the games I fancy.

The same can be said about my mates who also aren't renewing.

Basically, you're statement is completely wrong but as you generally don't attend games other than the big ones (whom IMO are the real wan_kers), I wouldn't expect you to understand.

If, IF, it's true that a number of key players don't respect the manager we are in a similar position to Chelsea in 2015/16 when the squad appeared to give up on Mourinho. If the choice is between keeping our best players and having them motivated, or retaining the manager, isn't the board more likely to opt for change of manager?

Well the recent posts on this thread show why we will never need expand the stadium one season of mid table and a cup final and people are (allegedly) not going to bother anymore. Just goes to show if you build it they probably won't come.....still at least cup final tickets will be easy to get hold of next season with only three ST holders :D

Well the recent posts on this thread show why we will never need expand the stadium one season of mid table and a cup final and people are (allegedly) not going to bother anymore. Just goes to show if you build it they probably won't come.....still at least cup final tickets will be easy to get hold of next season with only three ST holders :D

Our fan base only does away games mate! Did you not know? :lol:

Entertain the fans and they will.

As many have pointed out... it's not the league position that people are sick of, its the football implemented by the current manager. It's really not difficult to understand, is it.

How does 'getting rid' with no replacement equal backing Puel - What difference exactly does no replacement make...

How can a club back a manager who has lost the dressing room and the fans ?

We are risking a massive player exit again and really would be ridiculous mismanagement by Les to let that happen again ....

You say that he has lost the dressing room as if it is a fact. You do know it is only a rumour don't you?