Puel out

Lastman73

But using those tactics away to Liverpool is how we got to Wembley, and Leicester won the league by not worrying about conceding possession and hitting on the break. It's probably the best way of a club like ours actually winning something.

Mate there's a huge difference to how Leicester did it and how we do it. Leicester broke with power and pace. We get possession then pass it backwards allowing the opposition to get back into shape. Breaking with pace catches opponents out. Breaking with a Zimmer frame doesn't.

I read it yesterday on one of those fact tweets....we were one of the top for wins on a Sunday...probably swayed by Europa!

Precisely, there are too many factors that could be behind that statistic, not only have we played a lot more on Sunday than normal but also depends who you are playing!

To be honest, my Saturday kick off thing had less to do with the team's performance and more with my personal preference of Saints playing on Saturday. Partly the traditionalist in me, but also because I'm more likely to be able to get to the games!

That's the common response I get up here. Normally in a golf tournament/open (Edinburgh or Glasgow) they will clock the English accent and ask which town I'm from (Bournemouth) and my team.

"Southampton" I proudly announce. Usual response was "the Saints... Good team" or "Good manager" or "you guys play good football"

Now it's "what's happened this season?"

Although I don't rate Puel I find myself defending him....

Oh it's a transition season and oh yeah we've had loads of injuries and/or we have played a million games this season and players are exhausted. All with a hint of let's move on.

510AJS09W3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's the common response I get up here. Normally in a golf tournament/open (Edinburgh or Glasgow) they will clock the English accent and ask which town I'm from (Bournemouth) and my team.

"Southampton" I proudly announce. Usual response was "the Saints... Good team" or "Good manager" or "you guys play good football"

Oh it's a transition season and oh yeah we've had loads of injuries and/or we have played a million games this season and players are exhausted. All with a hint of let's move on.

Did. You used to post under the name of St Will before Bournemouth saint?

He was a helmet

He was a helmet

Wasn't he a golf pro (if you count playing locally and running a shop) whereas Glasgow is a Walter Mitty amateur?

Edited by shurlock

He was a helmet

Not me officer.

Didnt Will become Dibden Purlieu Saint and then unbelievable Jeff?

Either way I'm not good enough to go pro..... Yet (evil laugh)

On various social media... a rumour that St Etienne are after Puel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I be the first to say "I'll drive him there myself!". I can pick up some wine on the way back. Might take the wife if there is room in the car.

God you talk some utter bollux.

Could be an interesting combination with Sarah Cracknell on vocals.

He'll only let her sing the first half of Foxbase Alpha before subbing her to protect her voice.

Wouldn't be a bad outcome if he goes there, especially with his wife struggling to settle, and him being our worst manager since Wotte and his mate.

Many will moan, but we were ok until a Sanchez bit of magic and then Yoshida falling asleep.

Main problems this season are:

1) not enough goals in the team

2) lack of decent centre backs

Neither of which are Puel's fault. He doesn't help himself, but it's not his fault why we are struggling.

Oh, go on then. I'll do it tonight... fill your boots folks ;)

Ok then: Puel seems a decent guy but we are getting worse under him rather than better.

If he stays, is it because we see that he will massive improve us next season, or is it just to save face that after finishing 6th in the PL he wasn't the right choice. He was a big risk and at that stage we were established enough not to take one.

Time to bump this thread. It's slipped far too far down the page for my liking.

Another clueless performance in which Puel has shown that he's tactically inept. Poor substitutions. **** football. 11 goals in the last 12 games. Possibly our lowest points tally since we returned to the Premiership. **** off now!!!

If he's here next season we'll struggle to stay up. This is the worst football I've seen us play for years.

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

Probably not done badly enough to be sacked unfortunately - unless he really has lost the dressing room. If we lose Virgil and Bertrand and keep Puel then we're in real trouble - simply won't score enough goals to stay up.

Ok then: Puel seems a decent guy but we are getting worse under him rather than better.

If he stays, is it because we see that he will massive improve us next season, or is it just to save face that after finishing 6th in the PL he wasn't the right choice. He was a big risk and at that stage we were established enough not to take one.

This,

Its one of those appointments, Im not banging down the door for him to go, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if he ends up replaced at the end of the season. Was one of those appointments that seemed like a he'll do rather than going out and actually securing a target that genuinely fit what we do here. Every other appointment has effectively stuck to our philosophy of our tactics

Tactics have changed for the worse and players have, generally, gone backwards.

He seems like a guy thats happy to play our youth more than others, and seems to not be too fussed about players being sold on.

A lot of effort today but his tactics mean we are so slow to attack and that makes us an easy side to defend against.

The majority of our fan base were so disappointed losing the last three managers we had, can the same be said about Puel if he was to leave at the end of the season?

17 goals scored at home this season. That is second to bottom in that table. Only one more than Sunderland.... Whatever you think of Puel he cannot be described as someone who knows how to get the creative players playing. If he doesn't change that in our remaining games then I will think he isn't the right fit for us. I want us to try and win games, if you lose at least you tried. Setting out just to stop the other team scoring shows how different we are now in comparison to the past few years.

17 goals scored at home this season. That is second to bottom in that table. Only one more than Sunderland.... Whatever you think of Puel he cannot be described as someone who knows how to get the creative players playing. If he doesn't change that in our remaining games then I will think he isn't the right fit for us. I want us to try and win games, if you lose at least you tried. Setting out just to stop the other team scoring shows how different we are now in comparison to the past few years.

9 of those 17 were scored in the games against Burnley, Leicester and Palace! Additionally that's our first league defeat by Arsenal at St Marys since our return to the top flight.

I think we should and will do a Watford at the end of the season and replace him. The structure of the club is strong enough to withstand a managerial change and I don't think Puel is going to leave much of a hole for us to fill.

I think we should and will do a Watford at the end of the season and replace him. The structure of the club is strong enough to withstand a managerial change and I don't think Puel is going to leave much of a hole for us to fill.
Crikey, when CB goes against the club you know somethings wrong!!!

Reed will have to go for Puel to go imo. Puel is clearly Reed's puppet. I just hope we get new investors who insist on new management team. Puel and reed are draining all ethusiasim and feel good factor from club.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Not necessarily, as it seems Les is teflon coated.

Although much depends on ownership as you say.

Many will moan, but we were ok until a Sanchez bit of magic and then Yoshida falling asleep.

Main problems this season are:

1) not enough goals in the team

2) lack of decent centre backs

Neither of which are Puel's fault. He doesn't help himself, but it's not his fault why we are struggling.

We don't have any leadership on or off pitch to change games. What's Puels plan B?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thought we improved slightly tonight. Played with good intent and movement in the first half, but yet again, poor defending and a lack of cutting edge going forward. Haven't really looked like scoring in 3 games - fingers crossed we get rid ASAP, especially with Tuchel and Emery possibly available in the summer.

Puel has to go, we have goals in the team with Gabba and Austin, Jay Rod and Long can also pop up with a few but do not get a lot of game time.

Really he needs to play Caceres to see if his marking is better then Yoshi and Stephens, both CBs have played well at times but both can not mark for **** and the 2nd goal with a better CB is avoided.

Puels rotation policy means strikers do not get a good run in the team, example recently is he should never had taken Gabba off vs Hull as i think if he stayed on with Long we could of won that game.