Puel out

Lastman73

To be fair, I'd expect those players mentioned to want to leave regardless of the managerial situation.

Van Dijk and Bertrand are very much in demand and can do better than waste their careers struggling to finish above the likes of West Brom and Watford in lower mid-table nomansland when they could be playing in the Champions League; Tadic thinks he's something special, and Long can't get in the team on account of being total crap.

Exactly. It's a handy excuse for players looking to leave.. but even if we managed to poach Pep from Man city and Puel became citeh boss( :o ) these players would still leave saints for man city....

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Koeman, Lee, Fonte, Dodd, Williams, Rogers etc etc.

LOL. If only Dodd and Williams were still here we'd probably be in the Europa final this season.

Since you seem desperate to heap praise on Puel how about praising him for the incredible 36 point swing with Everton?

We finished 16 ahead of them last season

20 behind this.

That deserves some applause surely?

An amazing effort

an obvious difference, they didnt sell their prize assets. They kept their main goalscorer we sold ours. Take his goals away from Everton and see how well they would do

an obvious difference, they didnt sell their prize assets. They kept their main goalscorer we sold ours. Take his goals away from Everton and see how well they would do

maybe Koeman would get the best out of his replacement?

maybe Koeman would get the best out of his replacement?
yep RK could turn a 15goal a season player into a 35 goal a season striker he is so good. I agree though he is a better manager than Puel, but I recall you telling us how bad his team was last season how how useless our centre forward was.

yep RK could turn a 15goal a season player into a 35 goal a season striker he is so good. I agree though he is a better manager than Puel, but I recall you telling us how bad his team was last season how how useless our centre forward was.

yes, we were bad for periods last season and the credible ITK'ers told us he was 2 games from the sack.

I dread to think how bad Pelle would look under puel with players 30 yards from him, or being asked to defend the left flank (like Austin)

He needed long/mane playing off him....no way would he have got that under puel.

Edited by Batman

Since you seem desperate to heap praise on Puel how about praising him for the incredible 36 point swing with Everton?

We finished 16 ahead of them last season

20 behind this.

That deserves some applause surely?

An amazing effort

Manager of club that have finished top eight in the eight of the last ten seasons, including fifth three times manages to get them to seventh.

A breathtaking achievement and no mistake. A miracle worker he is.

Believe me if you want or don't, I don't really give a **** but this is from a horses mouth. VVD, Bertrand, Tadic and Long all want out this summer. Puel is not liked whatsoever and a number of senior players have said it's him or us.

A lot more to it of course and these names are no surprise, but he is not popular at all.

You may or may not be right, I don't know. But I've previously asked the question, how does their "dislike" raise itself, players or agents making representations to Les Reed, Kelvin as player liaison (or whatever the role is) bringing this to the clubs attention, or does it just fester in the background ?

You may or may not be right, I don't know. But I've previously asked the question, how does their "dislike" raise itself, players or agents making representations to Les Reed, Kelvin as player liaison (or whatever the role is) bringing this to the clubs attention, or does it just fester in the background ?

It must be fairly obvious with the amount of throat grabbing that goes on.

Annual table and home table

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

If people can't see why Puel is getting questioned from that then they have to be a wum

the regression of the team has been obvious all season.. Compare the annual table against the same towards the end of RK's reign when we were second only to Leicester and it's a remarkable fall.

Obviously the happy clappers will point to Mane leaving and that we have loads of shots etc but the facts support the likelihood that Puel is more likely to take us down than keep us mid table.

the regression of the team has been obvious all season.. Compare the annual table against the same towards the end of RK's reign when we were second only to Leicester and it's a remarkable fall.

Obviously the happy clappers will point to Mane leaving and that we have loads of shots etc but the facts support the likelihood that Puel is more likely to take us down than keep us mid table.

But it was the Europe at the high number of games in the 1st part of the season that was killing us?

But it was the Europe at the high number of games in the 1st part of the season that was killing us?

Exactly and that's what they alluded to on soccer Saturday. Our last Europe game was on 6th December. Over 5 months ago. We have had 2 months where we have played only 2 games since then. As they said right now you can't use the amount of games we have played as an excuse. We have played less games this year than everyone except Citeh and Leicester. Using the fixture thing as an excuse is just bull****.

true..Leicester also had a catagoric decline at the same time..however at least they could use the excuse they actually tried in Europe.

Exactly and that's what they alluded to on soccer Saturday. Our last Europe game was on 6th December. Over 5 months ago. We have had 2 months where we have played only 2 games since then. As they said right now you can't use the amount of games we have played as an excuse. We have played less games this year than everyone except Citeh and Leicester. Using the fixture thing as an excuse is just bull****.

It frustrates me when people say too many games.. Spurs haven't got the biggest squad yet they played in the champions league and the Europa league and got to the cup semi final...yet they still maintained some sort of form.

United are making sacrifices to their team now when they have got to the end, having won one cup, got to a quarter final and a cup final.....we made ours changes before we even started often weakening the team when the players were fighting fit..

The big injuries we got this season were not to do with the number of games.

Well at least that should people asking for Eddie Howe...

With a far inferior squad he's got the same number of points as Puel. If matching Bournemouth is now considered our benchmark for a successful season I think Les should let us know.

Absolutely no excuse whatsoever as the club didn't failed to invest significantly over the summer and it was blatantly obvious to all that we were a striker light. Europe was a disaster due to puels inability to effectively motivate the team to beat some pretty average opposition. Going out in the group stage was inexcusable and a kick in the teach fir every supporter who spend thousands traveling to watch.

With a far inferior squad he's got the same number of points as Puel. If matching Bournemouth is now considered our benchmark for a successful season I think Les should let us know.

I wonder how many Bournemouth players we would have had in a saints/bournemouth 11 as both transfer windows shut?

not many I would guess. But then, bournemouth have not played 500 more games

Horse's mouth or horses arse? Yet wait, there's a lot more to it of course. Let's have it then.

He's absolutely right though and they're by no means the only players that have fallen out with Puel.

How confident are you on both counts? I'm very confident Virgil will stay one more season from what I've heard. I just hope Puel is given a one way flight back to France this month!

I'm fairly confident Puel won't last beyond June.

not that long ago, Tadic was the universal upgrade on Lallana

Coz everyone who leaves us is s**t or overrated and everyone we sign is an upgrade or has bags of moneyball potential.

Or in Tadic's case, infuriating inconsistency was put down to mysterious, unspecified injuries :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Tadic has always been bit of a flat-track bully. Excels when the side is clicking but rarely a match winner on his own.

Also prone to a sulk at some stage every season it seems. If not with club then with his country.

I think Puel's done just enough. For next season if we can get Virgil back and playing for us I think we'll do ok. I also now doubt that both Hoj and Clasie are going to work out. If we get rid of both in the summer and buy one quality midfielder (another Schneiderlin) we'll do ok next season. Providing we keep everyone else of course.