Puel out

Lastman73

Utter rubbish. If we finish in the bottom half next season, that would equate regression, and whoever the manager was, I'd be calling for his head.

Why is it always the managers fault if highly paid players cant score goals and miss penalties

I keep flip flopping in my views on Puel and his performance to be honest. What did worry me yesterday was seeing Puel furiously waving players forward and gesticulating wildly but the players seemed to just ignore his instructions hence him having to constantly come out and repeat the same gesticulations. Are they listening to him? I really don't know.

Yes, the Chris Nichol - Ian Branfoot analogy springs to mind.

I think the analogy is wrong. Nicholl played a real attacking game.

Puel is more Branfoot, so that's where the analogy falls down.

The analogy is based on wanting a manager out, thinking that it would automatically herald an improvement, rather than contrasting their playing styles.

The thing that gets me is that we have plenty of midfield / attacking options in, Tadic, Boufal, Redmond, JWP, Long, Gabbi, Austin, J-Rod, yet the end result is always the same. Surely with a list of players as varied as that you should be able to create and score goals? No, not Saints under Puel. If you can't get these guys scoring goals on a regular basis then there's something fundamentally wrong.

I thought it was a load better yesterday and if the goaly hadn't played a blinder we would have won comfortably and everyone would be happy---but one thing disturbed me....our players were not happy with each other. Tadic is always moaning but Jack Stephens stood up to him and Romeo had to separate them. Redmond and Boufal had a go at each other and they weren't the only ones.Passion is great but they looked unsure of the system, perhaps that's why it is often so slow

If we finish 8th, having got to a cup final, and Puel is still sacked, can we then please drop all that ******** about not having any ambition etc. Because to me, 8th is as high as we should realistically be on spending power unless one of the big boys has a disaster again. So if our board aren't happy with that, then presumably they have the 'ambition' that people are so desperate for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4519956/Southampton-set-axe-Puel-clashes-players.html

Sorry for posting a M*il article. Sam Cunningham suggests Puel will be sacked.

Hull City manager Marco Silva is a potential target, but the club will not rush appointing a new manager for next season.

Hope this last bit is not the case, don't think we need weeks of uncertainty and speculation.

If we finish 8th, having got to a cup final, and Puel is still sacked, can we then please drop all that ******** about not having any ambition etc. Because to me, 8th is as high as we should realistically be on spending power unless one of the big boys has a disaster again. So if our board aren't happy with that, then presumably they have the 'ambition' that people are so desperate for.

Indeed.

I think a majority would accept that however its the style of football we are playing thats turning fans off

He's gone....say goodbye to Puel after the Stoke game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess Les has no choice otherwise many of the first team will demand to leave.

According to press and rumours.

I hope he has got someone lined up as I don't want no bull**** again like last year.

He's gone....say goodbye to Puel after the Stoke game.

:wave: au revoir Puel

Nice guy but the performances, europe and player fall outs meant this was only ending one way.

Take it Black goes too? Full clear out

So far, Puel has had a win rate similar to Laurie McMenemy and Glenn Hoddle. Better than Pochettino, but not as good as Koeman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southampton_F.C._managers

I hope he stays, but it's pretty rare for a Southampton manager to last much longer than a year in the 21st century. Football is a rollercoaster and a revolving door for modern managers.

Mr Black is on his way too.....for once,peer pressure has prevailed.

Be it right or wrong.

It isn't a Lander decision....it's someone else apparently.

I'd love to know who.

Probably Kat, Les, Wilson, Ralph and 75% of the fanbase?

So far, Puel has had a win rate similar to Laurie McMenemy and Glenn Hoddle. Better than Pochettino, but not as good as Koeman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southampton_F.C._managers

I hope he stays, but it's pretty rare for a Southampton manager to last much longer than a year in the 21st century. Football is a rollercoaster and a revolving door for modern managers.

Do you think puel even compares with pochettino?

Watching spurs tonight made me realise how good MoPo has got them playing. Can we bring in a manager who can get us playing that way too. Pressure, breaking with speed, shooting outside the box, scoring goals...

Watching spurs tonight made me realise how good MoPo has got them playing. Can we bring in a manager who can get us playing that way too. Pressure, breaking with speed, shooting outside the box, scoring goals...

Yes, Jokanovic. This is exactly how he's got Fulham playing.

People keep on bleating on about Silva but we'd be far better making an approach for Jokanovic.

How many PL calibre managers would be willing to move to a club with a takeover hanging over it? It must reduce the club's attractiveness to potential candidates. It's one thing to demand Puel out, but who will realistically come in to replace him knowing that new owners may take over and change everything including the coaching line up?

I appreciate that there were disappointing aspects to the team's performance this year including home goals scored, and this is the first season since promotion that the club has not improved in points or position, but given the present background at the club isn't there a huge risk to getting rid of a manager who has had a credible season considering key injuries, significant outgoing players and the challenge of the fixture congestion caused by the Europa League?

Can't help feeling talk of player unrest is bollix. Sure some players will be unhappy they are not playing but the team has not been playing as though they have given up on Puel. Quite the opposite.

52 games - that's how many games we have played this season after Sunday.

No team could play the same players for that many games - whether CP's rotation is over the top is questionable but that is one helluva lot of games.

I am feeling disgusted that CP's job is seemingly under threat - he has been let down by Les Reed and co who have done an awful job in the transfer market this season and the club has let him, and the fans, down.

Sure he needs to be more attacking at home but this is his first season in the Prem.

And I cannot believe so many on here are knocking one out at the thought of someone like Silva coming in. How on earth is that an upgrade on CP?

Little wonder the players play slowly and seem unsure of the system when the system changes every game, as does a large proportion of the starting XI. Puel has sacrificed any hope of cohesion, consistency and sense of team on the alter of rotation. It's been mad this season, it's clearly not been working but he has stuck with it regardless because he is a stubborn old bastard. He needs firing.

The analogy is based on wanting a manager out, thinking that it would automatically herald an improvement, rather than contrasting their playing styles.

Yes, because we were all worried that sacking Branfoot for Alan Ball would lead to the team getting worse and the style of football worsen.

I can see it now. American owners coming in and they'll get Bob Bradley.

Is this why a small % of the fanbase want Puel to stay? Because they think of the worst case scenario rather than the best?

Lets keep Puel or we might appoint Bradley or Tony Adams

Reed has a 50/50 success rate so far, i dont think hell gamble twice.

Is this why a small % of the fanbase want Puel to stay? Because they think of the worst case scenario rather than the best?

Lets keep Puel or we might appoint Bradley or Tony Adams

Reed has a 50/50 success rate so far, i dont think hell gamble twice.

Ok, I'll bite. I think a poll of all Saints supporters (not just the ones on here who are quick to jump on a bandwagon), would show a majority for keeping him.

The bottom line is that he's got a top half finish despite plenty of problems. He took us to Wembley.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll bite. I think a poll of all Saints supporters (not just the ones on here who are quick to jump on a bandwagon), would show a majority for keeping him.

The bottom line is that he's got a top half finish despite plenty of problems. He took us to Wembley.

You dont think this forum + 606 + Facebook and twitter is a good sample of Saints fans?

You dont think this forum + 606 + Facebook and twitter is a good sample of Saints fans?

Not really. There are a lot of neutrals who are influenced by the usual negative bunch and just follow.

Rubbish. I haven't spoken to one saints fan who wants him to stay. I work with 300 other people of whom there are many saints fans. Not come across one person that thinks he should stay.

Fact is the majority are bored and want a change.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Rubbish. I haven't spoken to one saints fan who wants him to stay. I work with 300 other people of whom there are many saints fans. Not come across one person that thinks he should stay.

Fact is the majority are bored and want a change.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Wish I had time at work to discuss Saints with 300 people.

And as a balance, pretty well everyone I talked to before the match on Weds, on the train, in 2 pubs and in the ground, felt that Puel's being hounded, has basically done well and deserves another season.

Problem is, lots can't see beyond his outward personality.

Edited by Shroppie

My main concern about Puel is the style of our play. Barring a few decent league games and the Wembley final it has, to be honest, been really boring and not the Southampton style we have been used to for the past 6 seasons

Reluctantly, I think we need a change

What concerns me if Puel does go is that we might spend weeks faffing about again to find a decent replacement. For once can we please have a reasonably stable summer, with a new manager in place quickly, decent signings and the retention of key players in the squad. Just once please!

Puel wanted by Inter Milan according to Daily Express.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blizzard expected next week and quadrupling of state pension if the Tories are elected, according to Daily Express.

Today's Times:

1ab7c3a4a197c3e79b854a5696271255.png

Ironic suggestion that Puel plays favourites at the *expense* of Redmond, when earlier in the season half our fans were convinced Redmond was getting fame time he didn't deserves.

Could you post it in larger text, i can barely read it ;)