Puel out

Lastman73

Not the point mate this is looking at from players point of view. The manager picks you and you do all is asked and more then dropped would you be happy?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

probably not but then I doubt the players that were dropped so they could play were happy either. Are any players happy when they don't play? Its why its a bit of a nonsensical argument which teams in the league have a squad of players who are happy when they don't play or get dropped?

We will sack CP, but I actually worry about the next guy - what will he have to achieve to keep his job?

The answer to this is play better, more entertaining football than Puel's team has, particularly at home. TBH I doubt there would be any question of him losing his job, or that many fans calling for his head, if he had achieved exactly what he has this season but done it playing more entertaining football involving more goals and no runs of 4 home games in a row without a single goal being scored (FFS).

I agree he has been dealt a bad hand for all the reasons stated numerous times on this forum but I have never been so bored watching us on such a relentless consistent basis. Part of me thinks give him a chance to prove himself next season, with some of his own signings and no European handicap, but the greater part can't help thinking that we will just get more of the same.

IF he has fallen out with senior players/lost the dressing room on top of/because of the soporific style of play then he has to go regardless.

If all the 0-0 draws had been 2-2 or 3-3, I don't think his position would be in doubt. The problem is that given the options we have in midfield and attack we should be scoring more goals. The fact that we're not suggests that there's a problem with the formation and tactics and he doesn't seem to know how to address either.
yes it would, fans would be saying why are we letting 2 or 3 goals in against Hull etc.

Puel is getting a lot of flack in the rags about players not liking him.

It is NOT Puel some players have the issue with, it's Eric Black.

Bertrand and Long in particular.

But for some reason Blacks name is not getting mentioned in the press.

Why do you continue to talk utter made up drivel? And if it's not made up, you've nicked it from somewhere else, padded it out with lots of maybes in the hope that if it comes off, you'll be renowned as ITK?

I found that a bit strange as well, what did he expect charlie to say...? "Yes I'm a pri*k, I love going out getting **** faced, and no one likes me"?

FWIW anyone I've ever spoken to hasn't had a bad word to say about him, i get the impression he's pretty well liked around the club.

In reference to the original post, I'm not sure there is much more to expand on other than what's been said previously RE players falling out with coaching staff.

I don't know anything about the fall outs, but I know of a player not being picked or treated properly (there may be a reason, I only know one side of the story) in training.

If we finish 10th or above and have been to a cup final , it is shameful to sack the manager. I understand fans frustrations sitting through 0-0 draws but overall Puel should be allowed to develop the team with his squad.

We need a cutting edge and we perhaps will be a very decent side next season.

As Souness said the other night, it is the board who sold the players but they wont hold their hands up.

Gabbi was our cutting edge ( ignoring Long who scored plenty under a manager who played to his strengths ) .

Puel sets up the team in a way that restricts Gabbi's service .

How can you claim that we need a cutting edge when Puel already has mismanaged the ones we have ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Gabbi was our cutting edge ( ignoring Long who scored plenty under a manager who played to his strengths ) .

Puel sets up the team in a way that restricts Gabbi's service .

How can you claim that we need a cutting edge when Puel already has mismanaged the ones we have ?

it is Gabbi who has gone 6 games without scoring, Long and Jrod who have missed the sitters not Puel

Dont tell me there havent been some really easy chances missed

Not 17 goals though, and the general ignorance of the effect other competitions have had on our league position this season is the comical thing about all this "Puel out" balls. Not a single one of the critics has come up with a better way of dealing with the challenges the schedule alone has provided than the one we adopted.

Every argument is "we should attack more", "we should score more", "we should pick the best team all the time". NONE of those are viable approaches in the context of a wider season. Next year will be different unless we get to BOTH domestic cup finals.

You keep mentioning the fixture congestion yet ignore that our form stayed identical even after our games went back to normal

Tweets, current page. Tweets & replies Media

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore 14m14 minutes ago

Puel has overseen some dull football and #saints home form may have done for him.

But I think he deserves a chance to put it right.

17 replies 0 retweets 15 likes

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore 18m18 minutes ago

Unfortunately football is about more than managing a season, which Puel has done well.

His selfless nature works against him - shame.

4 replies 1 retweet 14 likes

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore 21m21 minutes ago

Even just now when I pressed Claude Puel about how he feels about all the recent criticism & boring football, he was calm & modest #saintsfc

2 replies 2 retweets 15 likes

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore 23m23 minutes ago

If that is my last pre-match interview with Claude Puel it is a shame.

8th in PL, Cup Final, key injuries & sales & he's put under a bus.

He was calm and modest when addressing criticism about boring football ? Maybe if he addressed why we are so boring to watch then he wouldn't get so much criticism.

He was calm and modest when addressing criticism about boring football ? Maybe if he addressed why we are so boring to watch then he wouldn't get so much criticism.

I remember that some of our most exciting football I have seen Saints play was under Chris Nicholl. Ironically the fans were baying for him to go as we were letting goals in at the other end. Yes we were scoring but we wer conceding and that was more frustrating in its own way. As you never thought we could win even if 2 up with 2 minutes to play

Why do you continue to talk utter made up drivel? And if it's not made up, you've nicked it from somewhere else, padded it out with lots of maybes in the hope that if it comes off, you'll be renowned as ITK?

I am not in any way backing AR-10 but you have made up some shyt in your time too, haven`t you

I have to confess when Black was appointed to the coaching staff my heart sank somewhat. Villa were boring and predictable and not very good, but they went into a nosedive with him in temp charge. It doesn't speak highly of his people management skills that he wasn't able to inspire a 'dead cat bounce' last season. Don't know anything much about the guy, we may just all be speculating for no reason for all I know, but I'd sooner he wasn't part of our club.

Really concerned if we ditch Puel. It would be so risky to bring in yet another manager. We need some stability and continuity. He's done well given the hand he's been dealt and surely he deserves another season.

How can you be really concerned when you wouldn't even know who we would bring in?

Really concerned if we ditch Puel. It would be so risky to bring in yet another manager. We need some stability and continuity. He's done well given the hand he's been dealt and surely he deserves another season.

He's been dealt a good hand. He just hasn't got the best out of what he was holding.

Whilst going to SMS has felt like pulling teeth at times this season, I'm yet to see someone come up with a replacement for Puel that actually sounds like a good idea. Don't get me wrong I'm by far a fan of his brand of football, and as of yet have not renewed my ST, but I'd still rather take mid table mediocrity next year than gamble on a bloke that couldn't keep Hull in the league.

Whilst going to SMS has felt like pulling teeth at times this season, I'm yet to see someone come up with a replacement for Puel that actually sounds like a good idea. Don't get me wrong I'm by far a fan of his brand of football, and as of yet have not renewed my ST, but I'd still rather take mid table mediocrity next year than gamble on a bloke that couldn't keep Hull in the league.

I'll second that. But I have renewed and I'm going to stay optimistic that with a fit team and functioning strikers things can only get better.

I agree that no sensible suggestions for a replacement have been made.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A few decent managers in the Championship. While I am concerned about a manager change (naturally a cautious person) I feel that I won't be excited by next season if he stays. A new manger would inject some excitement for me, especially one in the Poch mound - more pressing, energy. I'm not saying that should be a reason he should go but something that I do keep thinking about. I don't want to lose the passion for football that I have but I can feel a little apathy creeping in.

Like Pueling teeth. Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason's Silva did not keep Hull up are well documented, lack of board support when the club are up for sale for transfer funds when they only had a bare bones squad after selling key players such as Snodgrass to raise transfer funds to try and survive left him scrambling to attract any players to try and keep them up he did the best he could given the circumstances getting in Grosicki,Markovic and Niasse which turned things around and it looked as though he had got them out of it, but also dealt a bad hand with injuries to key players such as long term Meyler and Mason and for the last few games the influential player Markovic who had a key role in their resurgence out of the relegation places.

Given our squad and transfer budget available i'm quite confident given his enthusiasm and track record in Portugal with Sporting Lisbon and in Greece with Olympiacos this Vs Puel's negative brand of football I know which I'd take

The reason's Silva did not keep Hull up are well documented, lack of board support when the club are up for sale for transfer funds when they only had a bare bones squad after selling key players such as Snodgrass to raise transfer funds to try and survive left him scrambling to attract any players to try and keep them up he did the best he could given the circumstances getting in Grosicki,Markovic and Niasse which turned things around and it looked as though he had got them out of it, but also dealt a bad hand with injuries to key players such as long term Meyler and Mason and for the last few games the influential player Markovic who had a key role in their resurgence out of the relegation places.

Given our squad and transfer budget available i'm quite confident given his enthusiasm and track record in Portugal with Sporting Lisbon and in Greece with Olympiacos this Vs Puel's negative brand of football I know which I'd take

but when it came to the vital games he failed.

It seems fairly obvious Les Reed has already decided to get rid of Puel as the stream of negative 'leaks' to the press about him being disliked by the players have already started. We got the same thing when he fell out with Koeman, Fonte and various others.

It seems fairly obvious Les Reed has already decided to get rid of Puel as the stream of negative 'leaks' to the press about him being disliked by the players have already started. We got the same thing when he fell out with Koeman, Fonte and various others.

we do exits well.

seems to be all over the press in the last week or so with the same theme

Did he best with the hand he was dealt, given a full season with a board who back's him then you can judge.......my feeling is that he could do better than Puel with the resources on offer here

Can you give me an example of something I've copied from somewhere else? ...

Given that he came in, they sold their two best players within 2 weeks of him arriving and he had to build a new team in the January transfer window I'd say he did pretty well to get anywhere close to survival.

To judge him on 2 important games that he lost is a short sighted as some of the criticism of Puel and could equally be put on Puel. Arguably Puel failed in three of our most important games of the season: Milan away (incredibly important to the fans), HBS at home (to get out of the group) and the League Cup final.

Can you give me an example of something I've copied from somewhere else? ...

Can you give us an example of a revelation you've posted, the crux of which wasn't already in the public domain, or which couldn't have been extrapolated from something that was?

Claude Purl being replaced.

Vigil Van Dijk doing a photoshoot

Details of the new kit

Gareth Rogers being fired

Currently talking to a UK based foreign manager

Takrover of the club valuation being miles apart

Lander effectively skint

Jose fone not signed a new contract

Jose Fonte Leavin

Dusan tadic signed a new contract

None of this was out or was misreported.

You asked.

Details of the new kit

Lander effectively skint

Jose Fonte Leavin

You asked.

Pellegrini coming in...

Given that he came in, they sold their two best players within 2 weeks of him arriving and he had to build a new team in the January transfer window I'd say he did pretty well to get anywhere close to survival.

To judge him on 2 important games that he lost is a short sighted as some of the criticism of Puel and could equally be put on Puel. Arguably Puel failed in three of our most important games of the season: Milan away (incredibly important to the fans), HBS at home (to get out of the group) and the League Cup final.

Milan away was a game of missed chances by our players. The cup final loss was not down to Puels management, we were superb but they had a player on 350PW who was the difference, add to the terrible lino decision. The HBS game was a stick or twist game and they took a pop and the ball went in, classic nervy game.

Get Silva in, we have a fanbase who now seem to need the rush of a new manager every season. Lets play roulette

Get rid of Black and get Thierry Henry in as attacking/personality coach/ultimate manager. . Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on Sky Sports Thierry Henry is anything but a personality!

Reed must of known that some players will threaten to leave if Puel is not gone soon.

We just have to trust Reed that he has researched a new manager and everything will be solved soon.

I've read somewhere that Saints have players targeted already for next season so you would think the guy is already ahead of the game.

Milan away was a game of missed chances by our players. The cup final loss was not down to Puels management, we were superb but they had a player on 350PW who was the difference, add to the terrible lino decision. The HBS game was a stick or twist game and they took a pop and the ball went in, classic nervy game.

Get Silva in, we have a fanbase who now seem to need the rush of a new manager every season. Lets play roulette

So its the players fault that we lose games and it is Silva's fault that Hull lose games? Got it. Also, to try and claim that the HBS game was anything other than bad tactics by Puel is a little silly. We played for a draw at home to effectively a League One standard team and we got punished for it. Celtic put 5 past them.

Edited by James

Hoping that's not our only line of enquiry , there are better options likely to be available in the summer.

Reed must of known that some players will threaten to leave if Puel is not gone soon.

We just have to trust Reed that he has researched a new manager and everything will be solved soon.

I've read somewhere that Saints have players targeted already for next season so you would think the guy is already ahead of the game.

So are we expecting Reed to tell Bertrand and VVD for example, right he's gone now so we're not selling you and presumably your happy to stay ?

As for trusting Reed's judgement... CP was of course his appointment, but as you say we should have our research done and know who we want to speak to which should extend beyond a list of one UK based foreign manager.

Maybe the problems with Puel's interviews are the interviewers rather than Puel. For example (although I don't speak very good French) I found this interview with Claude very interesting for some reason...

Not sure I want to see Adam Blackmore dressed like that interviewer though...

Details of the new kit

Lander effectively skint

Jose Fonte Leavin

You asked.

You are utterly full of sh it.

There are good ITKs on this forum I will pay attention to. You are completely irrelevant.

Details of the new kit

Lander effectively skint

Jose Fonte Leavin

You asked.

All of which was posted by others before you did.

Someone who is ITK wouldn't be so desperate to prove that they are.

Maybe the problems with Puel's interviews are the interviewers rather than Puel. For example (although I don't speak very good French) I found this interview with Claude very interesting for some reason...

Not sure I want to see Adam Blackmore dressed like that interviewer though...

He kept his eyes off the interviewer's logo throughout the interview, even when she attempted to draw his attention to it. He's got willpower, that Puel...

Claude strikes me as a very decent, humble man.

I've lost track of the times that he's said in post/pre match press conferences that we need to be "more clinicical".

I think he will ultimately lose his job because he will carry the can for not rectifying that.