Puel out

Lastman73

Sorry you can't have it both ways...he cannot be responsible for the good and not responsible for the bad or vice versa.

Sorry, but you cannot hold him responsible for the squad he inherited. Banjo and cows arse etc.

Correction: some hold him responsible for the history, but rational people don't.

Some who post on here did play at a very high level...Michael Owen played at the highest does that make him right have you heard him?

Just because you soak up everything little thing thats said without question doesn't make it right.

Shouldn't you be getting your facepaint and stripey jimjams on ready for tonight ;-)?

Lol, Im sure you have had your toys ready for throwing

There's the difference between Puel & Koeman. Our 3 subs coming on, under Koeman Cuco the clown would have played, Caceres would have played, JRod would have come on.

Puel is going to be great for the future of this club & some of you lot will end up with egg on your faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's the difference between Puel & Koeman. Our 3 subs coming on, under Koeman Cuco the clown would have played, Caceres would have played, JRod would have come on.

Puel is going to be great for the future of this club & some of you lot will end up with egg on your faces.

Couldn't agree more with this!

• 3 weeks later...

Yep agree to an extent. Abject failure to qualify from a very poor Europa league group, the astounding team selection vs Arsenal in the fa cup, Stoke away when we played 10 men for over 70 minutes and yet still failed to test the goalkeeper. Palace away when they were ****.. Just off the top of my head, Some highs, but more lows than highs so far, We seem to be taking one ginger step forward and then two big steps back this season.

He really does need to go.

Taking the whole season thus far....he's just not good enough.

More lows than highs...by far.

I thought we played excellent football at times tonight! ?

Explain how that was Puel's fault tonight? Thought we played very well at times and defensive frailty cost us. Puel is working with the defence he has been given, it wasn't his fault that Les Reed failed to sign a decent CB in January.

Absolute rubbish ! We look as though we will avoid relegation and finish mid table. Objective achieved.

Or, you give the manager the appropriate amount of time to create the team he wants to create. We were more than a match for a fantastic Chelsea side tonight, played some excellent stuff and for me he has to stay next season where we will see exactly what he wants from a football team. If after that, we have moved backwards, then we can take a view.

Far more of our failings this season have been due to the lack of players in key positions, either through injury, suspension or poor management of transfers, or through players underperforming, than through the manager's mistakes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Boohoo we didn't beat the Champions elect.

And even more embarrassing saying 'thus far'

Explain how that was Puel's fault tonight? Thought we played very well at times and defensive frailty cost us. Puel is working with the defence he has been given, it wasn't his fault that Les Reed failed to sign a decent CB in January.

No no no no no. He must go. We never ever lost to top teams previously. It's all him

Well have we utterly clueless fools and here is a perfect example of that.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

.... Puel is working with the defence he has been given, it wasn't his fault that Les Reed failed to sign a decent CB in January.

I'm sorry. I don't think he is 'working with the defence he's been given'. We have had a top class international centre back who, up to a year ago, played about 60 games for Juventus, sitting on the bench for weeks

Nope.

I'm still behind him and think he's a good manager. We've been massively spoilt in recent years. 8th place is still a real possibility for us. Any Saints fan that says they wouldn't have taken 8th (or probably anywhere down to about 12th), plus a cup final they're either deluded or lying. I think this has been a very solid first season with the club for Puel. He's not as charismatic and animated as Koeman was but he's doing the job well.

He's also done fantastically well with the academy that Koeman said didn't have anyone good enough.

Good manager, good bloke. It could have been a heck of a lot worse.

In Claude we (Well, I) trust!

Personally I think he's had the weakest squad since Adkins, especially when he's not had Austin, VVD, Boufal etc for long periods. Sure, there are aspects of his management I've questioned at times, but I don't think all the blame should be laid at his door every time anything negative happens.

Jesus christ, really. So why exactly would we be firing him? Because he got a mid table team to a mid table position, and a cup final this season? We'd be a laughing stock. Some of the dins on here need to get some perspective of what the manager has had to deal with this season. What do people really expect, champions bloody league.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I think we do have potential to be a good side under Puel despite finding myself very frustrated with him after our Europa League exit and his tactics sometimes, but this is a learning curve for him. He's been unlucky with injuries and tbf we didn't have a great summer transfer wise last year. If the board can show some proper ambition in the transfer window then I see no reason why we can't challenge to get back into the Europa League next season.

Jesus christ, really. So why exactly would we be firing him? Because he got a mid table team to a mid table position, and a cup final this season? We'd be a laughing stock. Some of the dins on here need to get some perspective of what the manager has had to deal with this season. What do people really expect, champions bloody league.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Micky mate, don't waste your effort some will never get it.

Personally I think he's been pretty good. He's obviously been told to make it work with a pretty poor strike force (J-Rodnogoals, Shlong and Austin), it was only by luck that Austin was injured and the other two so ridiculously poor that we had to get Gabbiadini.

The defence is a joke - there's no way we should have sold Fonte without having a replacement sorted, and we've paid the price. Yoshida has been largely pretty good and Stephens has done surprisingly well, but they're not good enough against the very best, as shown in the last couple of weeks. Puel is no doubt being told not to play Caceres too, which is a shame as he's obviously got great pedigree.

Forster has also been a bit of a liability.

Puel has also greatly improved a number of our players - Romeu, Redmond and Bertrand have all been playing brilliantly. Sam McQueen has done very well when he's come in too.

Personally I think he's been pretty good. He's obviously been told to make it work with a pretty poor strike force (J-Rodnogoals, Shlong and Austin), it was only by luck that Austin was injured and the other two so ridiculously poor that we had to get Gabbiadini.

The defence is a joke - there's no way we should have sold Fonte without having a replacement sorted, and we've paid the price. Yoshida has been largely pretty good and Stephens has done surprisingly well, but they're not good enough against the very best, as shown in the last couple of weeks. Puel is no doubt being told not to play Caceres too, which is a shame as he's obviously got great pedigree.

Forster has also been a bit of a liability.

Puel has also greatly improved a number of our players - Romeu, Redmond and Bertrand have all been playing brilliantly. Sam McQueen has done very well when he's come in too.

Are you ****ing blaming Forster for tonight? WTF. Great finishing, crossing, set up play, with lethal finishing and slightly lax defending. Not ****ing Forsters Fault.

If not that, then certainly jizz.

I'm guessed meant over the season re Forster. He's been a bit better lately.

Better in the last game but reverted to type tonight, the guy doesn't catch anything that isn't directly at him. The cross for the third, he was unimpeded and the ball was floating slowly across the 6 yard box...make it yours ffs.

Interesting but Careres may acrually be far superior to Stephens and Koeman would play a style more suited to Jrod .

Cuco ? Well possibly yes . We still won more games under Koeman though .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk