Who has seen Saints score an away goal in Europe ?

redkeith

I didn't realise, until it was mentioned by the commentators in the Prague game, that Saints have hardly ever scored in the away legs in European competition.

I have seen them score at Limerick, and in Arhnhem, but have drawn a blank in Hamburg, Bucharest and Milan.

Have any other posters seen more goals ? ( I known my brother saw the score draw at the Veledrome in 76 ) ?

Saw Saints score seven against Schalke 04 in the Rotterdam pre-season tournament back in 1980. We won 7-2 and then beat FC Bruges 3-1 in the final the next day (sadly didn't get to this one to see us lift a trophy!).

In competitive games, Milan's has been my only trip so nothing there.

Had that counted, I wonder how it could have changed things. Big confidence boost for JRod, potential away point(s). Fine margins and all that...

Even finer margins than that my friend. Had the standard league rules applied - goal difference as a decider instead of head to head - we'd all be chuffed to bits right now instead of despondent.

Even finer margins than that my friend. Had the standard league rules applied - goal difference as a decider instead of head to head - we'd all be chuffed to bits right now instead of despondent.

Aye but the players knew the rules. Same as the playoff semi when away goals didn't count.