New 3rd Kit for Bompey game

Gunnery

Now this may just me being suspicious but is that not just a plain white t-shirt with some heat sealed stickers on it?.

hmm... Its almost like what we are used to, but not quite as good, and overall much more boring to look at. The third kit is a bit dull too... badummsh. I'll get my coat.

Now this may just me being suspicious but is that not just a plain white t-shirt with some heat sealed stickers on it?.

No, it's an engineered football shirt made of the same player-only material that the other matchday kits are. It's got a snowflake weave built into it which only the match-worns have, and the replicas don't. Not that there's a replica of this one.

Having said that, weirdly my black training tee has the same material, but the red and green ones in the exact same pattern don't.

They're not selling the shirt or shorts anyway, so what does it matter what it's made of?

FWIW the red shorts have already been worn away to Inter, and the white socks have been on sale in SportsDirect since the summer, even though the first team haven't worn them yet (the U19s did at Man U on Monday though).

No, it's an engineered football shirt made of the same player-only material that the other matchday kits are. It's got a snowflake weave built into it which only the match-worns have, and the replicas don't. Not that there's a replica of this one.

Having said that, weirdly my black training tee has the same material, but the red and green ones in the exact same pattern don't.

They're not selling the shirt or shorts anyway, so what does it matter what it's made of?

FWIW the red shorts have already been worn away to Inter, and the white socks have been on sale in SportsDirect since the summer, even though the first team haven't worn them yet (the U19s did at Man U on Monday though).

touché :D

Absolutely. Nicest kit of the ones we've used this season. I don't understand the reluctance to release it. Surely anything that raises money is good for business?

Indeed. They will have known it might have been needed in July, known it was definitely needed when Sky chose the match for tv, and beats me why they don't get replicas made. I can only assume we sell a tiny number of them and it isn't worth them doing it. They didn't do it for the EL home shirt either which is even more bewildering.

Edited by The9

I'm pretty sure that they bowed to fan pressure on a 3rd kit a good few years back??? However, it's a different set up now and I don't think they listen to what the fans really want these days. It's a strange situation - A marketing machine that doesn't invest in marketing opportunities.

I imagine the logistics of sending some geezer to the states to pick up our order and him sailing back up the river with them were too much of a ball ache this time of year !

Do we know if any players chucked theirs in the crowd at Full Time?

Or anyone know who won the competitions?

I guess there's the slim chance of getting Bournemouth in the FA cup and we might need it again.

I do collect - but I'm not super hardcore like that matchworn dude - but if the price was reasonable enough I'd be in for one.

Probably will have to wait till the end of the season when they will likely auction them for Saints Foundation and such like...

Edited by adysaint

Or anyone know who won the competitions?

I guess there's the slim chance of getting Bournemouth in the FA cup and we might need it again.

I do collect - but I'm not super hardcore like that matchworn dude - but if the price was reasonable enough I'd be in for one.

Probably will have to wait till the end of the season when they will likely auction them for Saints Foundation and such like...

Super hard core ? Is that me? Like it

I have jrods on his way to me so when it arrives I'll put up some photos so you can see the material

I'm pretty sure that they bowed to fan pressure on a 3rd kit a good few years back??? However, it's a different set up now and I don't think they listen to what the fans really want these days. It's a strange situation - A marketing machine that doesn't invest in marketing opportunities.

I don't know which shirt you're referring to? They haven't sold a replica third kit since we had the all yellow and white/grey flybe away and third in 2007/08, though technically you could buy our 2012/13 yellow Umbro aap3 third shirt the season before when it was the away kit, but it wasn't for sale in the first Prem season back and was pressed into action when they realised the all white kit was all but useless (wore it twice, Liverpool away and home to Chelsea as our official home FA Cup kit in a desperate bid to shift them).

Super hard core ? Is that me? Like it

I have jrods on his way to me so when it arrives I'll put up some photos so you can see the material

Judging from the promo pics the material is the same UA snowflake weave on the other matchworns this season (and as noted previously, on the black training tee I have, but not the lime or red ones).

I may pick one up if they do the charity thing again, depending on when they sell them. If they just sold replicas of it would save me a wodge though.

Edited by The9

Not only did they not chuck the shirts into the crowd, they didn't come within 30 yards of us at the end (typical enough when I was actually at the front for once) and had clearly been reminded not to give the shirts away.

A girl won the random draw the week before, didn't see who won the prediction competition (and I got a correct score too, which was annoying).