Bournemouth 1-3 Saints - Reaction

doddisalegend

MotM vs Bournemouth (Away 2016/17)  

407 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Bournemouth (Away 2016/17)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • van Dijk
    • Yoshida
    • Clasie
    • Reed
    • Højbjerg
    • Redmond
    • Boufal
    • Rodriguez
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Long

Whilst the 3rd goal was a cracker (1st one not too shabby either), the 2nd was a thing of beauty.

If any of those goals were scored by a top 6 side the national press, Sky Sports and Talk****e would be falling over themselves in praise of Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Liverhampton, Spuds and Manure. Wonder if we'll get the same Kudos? Agree with the sentiment about the second goal, Boufal's backheel was sublime!

The Troll asked when did we last win away, after being behind?

Spurs. Last away game of last season.

Not long ago when you consider we've only been behind in 7 away games since then, one of which we drew and one we went behind with seconds left.

Can't stop smiling. Brilliant result and a great performance: the complete opposite of last season's debacle. It may not be a derby game for many on here but it most certainly is as far as I'm concerned and that makes the win that much more satisfying.

Saints' goal highlights video for this season is going to be a real cracker. Rodriguez's 2nd takes its place in the pantheon of great goals alongside Boufal's 2.

Fair play to Puell, i was spitting feathers when i saw the team sheet, Davis coming on 2nd half changed the game.Would like to know why Fonte never started.

Why? Which part of "we've played loads of matches and he's rotated for all of them to try to keep players as fresh as possible" don't you understand?

The only note of interest for me was Fonte being left out, as he's played 3 times in a week twice already this season.

Could not imagine a more perfect game to ruin Christmas for the resident grinches. How giddy they must have been when they saw the team sheet and the early goal! And then superb performances from the most maligned. I suppose, in the spirit of a true Christmas Miracle, Long could have gotten in the fourth... Enjoy the holidays, grinches!

Can't stop smiling. Brilliant result and a great performance: the complete opposite of last season's debacle. It may not be a derby game for many on here but it most certainly is as far as I'm concerned and that makes the win that much more satisfying.

Saints' goal highlights video for this season is going to be a real cracker. Rodriguez's 2nd takes its place in the pantheon of great goals alongside Boufal's 2.

How can it be a Derby game? Our fans didn't have to go by "Bubble Bus". :D

BTW. 5 years to the day since we last had to do that

(Although I'm fully aware that SW Trains were running coaches to Brockenhurst early on today.)

Superb performance from everyone after our first goal. Bertrand and Rodriguez the stand out players for me. Plus Davis - he needed that after a pretty woeful game against Stoke. Hoijberg was shaky in the first half but much improved in the 2nd. J rod needs a run up front ahead of long IMO. He's got more to his all round game and can hold the ball up to some extend - did that well today and has done OK in the 2 previous games other than missing 2 sitters. Boufal is getting better and better too, other than that dodgy dive and seeming to be upset when taken off (assume we did that because he was booked?) He's certainly got some skill and gives us a different dimension going forward. Was beginning to doubt Puel but he got it spot on today. Up to 7th! :)

Obviously we were very much fresher than Bournemouth after the mid week games so dare we hope that Puel's rotation policy is beginning to pay off. The fitter team were clearly superior throughout despite the early lapses of concentration by Hojberg and one or two others. Great see us come from one down at last and especially pleased for Jay Rod who worked his socks off and fully deserved his goals and a big shout out for Davis who changed the game when he came on. Keep it up lads this is much more like it. We can play when we are given room thats' for sure.

I see MotD2 is deferred until tomorrow night again. One assumes it would be screened tonight if Liverpool v Everton had been played today and our game vs Bournemouth was tomorrow...?

Apprentice final on as well, two hours worth so it couldn't be in it's normal 10.30pm slot.

Although I'm sure the Liverpool game made their decision to move it to the Monday rather easy

Jrod was only class and scoring goals that one season as well, people on here wanted him sold after his debut season.

I have no dog in this fight, but your quote "people on here wanted him sold after his debut season."......Really? What would be the point of quoting a small percentage of a bunch of half-wits.......And percentage wise, that is what we seem to be. I cite our threads as proof.

Well, what a fantastic result!

JRod: glad he's back. And what a way to come back!

Hojbjerg had a shocking first 30 mins, but Davis coming on was a masterstroke, especially as he himself had a shocker on Wednesday. He seemed to give Hojbjerg confidence to play. Shame for Reed, because he was doing ok, but it turned out right.

Bertrand (great goal) and Cedric were superb, which balanced the team well. Cedric is developing into one class player. Bertrand seemed 'up for it' today.

Clasie was also great today, filled Romeu's boots well.

I imagine B'mouth fans will be disappointed in their team's performance. They lacked energy and spark, despite their early goal.

All credit to our boys, though. We took advantage brilliantly.

JRod obviously MOM for me though Bertrand was very close behind. JRod looked really sharp all game - which is brilliant news if it continues, with Charlie out.

We look like such a good side when we pass the ball forward! I like Redmond but he tends to slow play down (Fabrice Fernandes anyone?). Nice to see Tadic building up fitness again.

Hojberg was toilet first half - should have been hooked. Still think that there is £30M player there though.

Told my ManU supporting mate that VVD was the best CB in the league since Rio Ferdinand. I think we will be really lucky to get another season out of him before he goes to City or Barca.

I work in Bournemouth, so looking forward tomorrow...!

Up to 7th; three excellent goals; proved we are the best team on the south coast! :)

Very pleased for JRod. I hope this is the boost he needed to regain his pre-injury abilities. Well done to Puel for the half-time change. JRod probably deserves MoM for the third goal alone, but Bertrand, Davis, Boufal and Yoshida also had very good matches.

Absolutely over the moon with the result today.

7pts from last 3 games and suddenly that draw at Stoke isn't QUITE as bad as it was.

So happy for Jay. He finally he got one of those 2 yard tap-in's at long last & then rubber stamped his comeback with an absolute worldy. Some top performances across the grass today. Davo obviously was a catlyst. Credit to Højbjerg who I thought rebounded from s bad 1st half to look much better 2nd half. Boufal with lots of promise too. Berty outstanding. Yoshi & Virgil solid. Redmond good as well.

I see MotD2 is deferred until tomorrow night again. One assumes it would be screened tonight if Liverpool v Everton had been played today and our game vs Bournemouth was tomorrow...?

Maybe not - isn't Sports Personality of the Year being filmed live ? I suspect most (if not all) of the MOTD team are there.

After we scored, we were the better side. 2nd half was very dominant

Hoj was hilariously bad in the 1st half but good in the 2nd.

Clasie good throughout

Defence good

Davis superb in the 2nd half

Boufal looks dangerous when he gets the ball and would have stayed on had he not been booked

Jrod grew as the game went on.

Awesome 2nd goal. Awesome

How can it be a Derby game? Our fans didn't have to go by "Bubble Bus". :D

BTW. 5 years to the day since we last had to do that

(Although I'm fully aware that SW Trains were running coaches to Brockenhurst early on today.)

Just wait until next season if Brighton come up no doubt that will also be billed as a South Coast derby , although at least they already have a fierce rivalry with Crystal Palace so wouldn't try to follow Bournemouth lead in pretending there is one with us. Having said that they did develope a dislike to us during the Adkins years so perhaps they will. We need a few more games like this to get the fans going.

Really pleased with today's performance, Bertrand was so fired up and took his goal really well. Hard call between him and Rodriguez for man of the match.

Interesting comments from Howe after the game, clear his team struggled to keep up the way they play with three games in a week, as we've been experimenting with rotation all season it should set us up well for the mad run of fixtures starting with Spurs on the 28th. Howe also said Chelsea can recall Ake at the end of the month, if Fonte does leave I would not be surprised to see us go for him.

After we scored, we were the better side. 2nd half was very dominant

Hoj was hilariously bad in the 1st half but good in the 2nd.

Clasie good throughout

Defence good

Davis superb in the 2nd half

Boufal looks dangerous when he gets the ball and would have stayed on had he not been booked

Jrod grew as the game went on.

Awesome 2nd goal. Awesome

And you said they would smash us :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sky did a bit about Bournemouth's transfers. Not one player over £5m in starting eleven. The players listed over £5m totalled near £70m. A lot of money for a small club to be wasting

Yeah, as much as Howe is rightly deserving of praise for the job he's done there, he's also wasted an absolute ton of cash in doing so. Even when they were in the Championship, the only player he paid any sort of decent fee for that turned out well was Callum Wilson (£3.5m).

He's another one who seems to be a bit "style over substance" - with a back 4 that wouldn't be the best defence in the Championship, that's not a good look.

Just wait until next season if Brighton come up no doubt that will also be billed as a South Coast derby , although at least they already have a fierce rivalry with Crystal Palace so wouldn't try to follow Bournemouth lead in pretending there is one with us. Having said that they did develope a dislike to us during the Adkins years so perhaps they will. We need a few more games like this to get the fans going.

Really pleased with today's performance, Bertrand was so fired up and took his goal really well. Hard call between him and Rodriguez for man of the match.

Interesting comments from Howe after the game, clear his team struggled to keep up the way they play with three games in a week, as we've been experimenting with rotation all season it should set us up well for the mad run of fixtures starting with Spurs on the 28th. Howe also said Chelsea can recall Ake at the end of the month, if Fonte does leave I would not be surprised to see us go for him.

The Brighton games had more of an edge to them than playing Bournemouth ever did.

Ah, yes. Fair point. That said, Murray was a shoe in so they could've got it over and done with in 10 minutes :)

It is nothing to do with SPOTY. BBC select if they fancy the Monday game which they only do when big teams play each other. Stupid IMO

Whilst the 3rd goal was a cracker (1st one not too shabby either), the 2nd was a thing of beauty.

Puel, as a tactician, is streets ahead of the snake.

Having just seen it again on Sky, the first goal was arguably better.

Bertrand actually started the move off down by our own left corner flag. the ball was worked neatly out of a tight spot, a long ball found J-Rod who held it up, the ball was worked over to the right and then back to Bertrand who had made ground down the left flank to appear on the left of their penalty area.

It really was a flowing move from one end of the pitch to the other, and I think it was 11 passes before it arrived at Bertie who finished in style.