Checkatrade tonight?

dronskisaint

Had planned to be at St Mary's for the Reading game but fate in the shape of a delayed truck delivery has got in the way,

Anyone know if there's a stream or commentary, youtube or anything for it? Cheers!

Travelling from East Anglia for the noddy trophy is a hell of a commitment!

So it is doh!! I can go :-) - Thank you!

In all honesty I'm delivering the boats that are on the truck to the South Coast but try and make my arrangements around whenever I can take in games....I enjoy watching the U18s, U23s et al and being up here it's not the trophy that's the draw...although I love that our kids have gone further than the Skates in it!

Under23's have been massively his by injuries to its strikers :(

Who's that then? We put out a very young side to beat Crawley convincingly but will need a bit more experience for this one.

I'd like to see us play Sims, McQueen and Reed in this game as despite recent first team appearances they need this game time to stay sharp.

Wembley here we come

Barnes and Seagar both back in full training and what about Olomola. This is our U18 side without a doubt.

Absolutely u18 they are having a laugh with this competition putting out progressively weaker teams in each round, I've decided to save my money instead of going and spent the cash betting on Reading to win instead.

Makes no sense to me to not include the likes of Sims, just because he's on the fringes of the first team he still needs these games to aid his development. Likewise with McQueen. In past rounds we've featured international players like McCarthy and Gardos.

Shame really but no great loss if we go out I suppose.

Absolutely u18 they are having a laugh with this competition putting out progressively weaker teams in each round, I've decided to save my money instead of going and spent the cash betting on Reading to win instead.

Makes no sense to me to not include the likes of Sims, just because he's on the fringes of the first team he still needs these games to aid his development. Likewise with McQueen. In past rounds we've featured international players like McCarthy and Gardos.

I thought the club had given the players a few days off before XMAS

Quality goal from Isgrove, ran about half the length of the pitch and slammed it across the keeper.

The lack of strikers is apparent. Ball not sticking up front. Valery has made a couple of good runs forward. Reading probably had the most possession but not troubled Lewis yet.

Quality goal from Isgrove, ran about half the length of the pitch and slammed it across the keeper.

The lack of strikers is apparent. Ball not sticking up front. Valery has made a couple of good runs forward. Reading probably had the most possession but not troubled Lewis yet.

We should have put Shlong on the bench as a cheeky over-aged player.

Not a great game. Wasn't helped by the driving rain throughout the second half. Neither team created much.

We were quite disjointed, most of our attacks breaking down before they got anywhere. Neither keeper had much to do apart from Lewis's great save near the end.

The Reading players certainly cared about the win, bundling on top of each other down by the 50 or so away fans after the final penalty.

Not a great game. Wasn't helped by the driving rain throughout the second half. Neither team created much.

We were quite disjointed, most of our attacks breaking down before they got anywhere. Neither keeper had much to do apart from Lewis's great save near the end.

The Reading players certainly cared about the win, bundling on top of each other down by the 50 or so away fans after the final penalty.

Good to see the club is playing the same way from youth through to first team

#thesouthamptonway

Pretty poor quality game it has to be said..too many misplaced passes. Reading deserved to win on their second half performance and they have an enormous but very skilful bloke called Mette who our boys just bounced off...lesson too in pressure penalties.

The good...Alfie Jones despite his awful penalty...soft and straight at the keeper...looks a calm and skilful defender, Slattery has the skills, Isgrove took his goal well but slipped in and out of the game and Harry Lewis is a good shot stopper.

The bad...teamwise we were poor at passing, dreadful conditions but so many passes went astray from un-pressurised positions. And, dare I say - we didn't want it as much as Reading did?

Not many/any ready to step up on that evidence but to be fair - the ones who are good enough in that age group have mostly already stepped up - ergo the system works!

Pretty poor quality game it has to be said..too many misplaced passes. Reading deserved to win on their second half performance and they have an enormous but very skilful bloke called Mette who our boys just bounced off...lesson too in pressure penalties.

The good...Alfie Jones despite his awful penalty...soft and straight at the keeper...looks a calm and skilful defender, Slattery has the skills, Isgrove took his goal well but slipped in and out of the game and Harry Lewis is a good shot stopper.

The bad...teamwise we were poor at passing, dreadful conditions but so many passes went astray from un-pressurised positions. And, dare I say - we didn't want it as much as Reading did?

Not many/any ready to step up on that evidence but to be fair - the ones who are good enough in that age group have mostly already stepped up - ergo the system works!

Well done for going and ta for the report back

We are Southampton. We don't care about winning trophies so we never win them. Reading fielded 6 players who've played for their first team this season and only 2 of their Academy players; we fielded our U18 team. Whenever we get anywhere within sight of a trophy, we field a weakened team. Reading have won 2 Championship trophies in the last 10 years and they clearly intend to get to Wembley and add this cup to their trophy cabinet as well. if we'd fielded Sims, Reed and McCarthy tonight or even our U21 team, we'd have won.

At least we won the Premier League Cup this century. I'll always remember that.

We are Southampton. We don't care about winning trophies so we never win them. Reading fielded 6 players who've played for their first team this season and only 2 of their Academy players; we fielded our U18 team. Whenever we get anywhere within sight of a trophy, we field a weakened team. Reading have won 2 Championship trophies in the last 10 years and they clearly intend to get to Wembley and add this cup to their trophy cabinet as well. if we'd fielded Sims, Reed and McCarthy tonight or even our U21 team, we'd have won.

Southampton-trophy_2436536.jpg

Southampton-trophy_2436536.jpg

Yes, it was great to win that trophy. I'm just frustrated tonight that we didn't make more of an effort this year in the Europa League or the Football League Trophy. Why bother with the early rounds if you're going to field a weakened team in the later stages? I really hope we field a full-strength team in the League Cup semi-final. If we win that, it will be the highlight of this century for me as a Saints fan. We're also in with a shot in the FA Youth Cup. I'd like to see us win that too. But any trophy would be great.

We should target the easier trophies to win and build the winning habit from there.

Yes, it was great to win that trophy. I'm just frustrated tonight that we didn't make more of an effort this year in the Europa League or the Football League Trophy. Why bother with the early rounds if you're going to field a weakened team in the later stages? I really hope we field a full-strength team in the League Cup semi-final. If we win that, it will be the highlight of this century for me as a Saints fan. We're also in with a shot in the FA Youth Cup. I'd like to see us win that too. But any trophy would be great.

We should target the easier trophies to win and build the winning habit from there.

Very good heartfelt point. Why don't we do this? Perhaps we need a five year plan for Trophies. As Nordic said, any trophy would be great.

Europa League = Checkatrade

Hierarchy not really bothered

despite the club's pre-match media hype.

I thought as you are a trade unionist you would be pleased that the club preferred to for go profit to ensure that the youngsters from the U23s were given time off before Christmas in regonition for their endevors during the first half of the season

You do realise we won the trophy you are complaining we got knocked out back of in 2010?

Wouldn't want to win this one this season anyway, we shouldn't even be in the competition.