Schneiderlin To Join Everton

TopGun

I don't think anyone is denying he would improve us, but is he worth over 20 million and smashing our pay structure for? I don't think he is

Is this a pay structure the club has told fans about? I must have missed that. How does it work? What is the limit? What is Morgan's wage? What is he asking for now?

Is it not all private information and paper guesswork? The nearest thing to evidence of an actual wage figure is Gold saying Austin wasn't worth the £100k a week he wanted. Saints fans don't want to believe that we are paying him that, but I'm willing to. If we are, that means we wouldn't be going far beyond that to pay Morgan the £120k a week wages he may or may not be getting or wanting now.

Is this a pay structure the club has told fans about? I must have missed that. How does it work? What is the limit? What is Morgan's wage? What is he asking for now?

Is it not all private information and paper guesswork? The nearest thing to evidence of an actual wage figure is Gold saying Austin wasn't worth the £100k a week he wanted. Saints fans don't want to believe that we are paying him that, but I'm willing to. If we are, that means we wouldn't be going far beyond that to pay Morgan the £120k a week wages he may or may not be getting or wanting now.

Common sense tells you we aren't paying anyone 100k a week. Numerous articles recently have stated we offered Fonte near 70k and top wage at the club. One of the principle reasons players want to leave us is because we can't pay the bug wages that they can get at the top clubs. It's just common sense

Our top earners are on around 70 to 80k a week. So if Morgan wants 120k that's 50% more than anyone else.

Financial Fair Play?

As of yet they haven't afforded him. Don't get sucked into believing media hype or that a bid is a completed deal. When it comes to his wages, it'll become a sticking point and he'll go to Everton. They themselves are in a similar position but have the luxury of probably selling Lukaku in the summer and also they have ambitions to be able to qualify for Europe and so will pay for it that way. Whoever signs him will have to qualify for Europe very quickly or sell him again (WBA/Everton). WBA if they miss out on the other hand can tell everyone how ambitious they're being by going close to signing him and boost the reputation of their club in the hope to get someone else in on lesser wages. All the hype drives the price up and everyone is a winner. Except Morgan.

It appears that United is determined to recoup all they spent on Morgan from everton or WBA as they rejected their offers of £19m and £18m respectively, although Morgan is not up to the standard they expected and proved to be a wrong-signing. This is the reason why everyone wants to take our valuable players as we sell them cheap and it is quite certain that the players will be re-sold with huge profit (if they are up to the standard as expected, e.g. mane) and with any loss (even if they are not up to standard). Is there anything wrong with our pricing policy? Must we sell our valuable player cheaply?

It appears that United is determined to recoup all they spent on Morgan from everton or WBA as they rejected their offers of £19m and £18m respectively, although Morgan is not up to the standard they expected and proved to be a wrong-signing. This is the reason why everyone wants to take our valuable players as we sell them cheap and it is quite certain that the players will be re-sold with huge profit (if they are up to the standard as expected, e.g. mane) and with any loss (even if they are not up to standard). Is there anything wrong with our pricing policy? Must we sell our valuable player cheaply?

You're ignoring the fact that in the two years between selling Spider and the start of this season (the last transfer window), you've had the massive new TV deals agreed which effectively creates inflation within the game. Spider was the best defensive midfielder sold in that window at £25m, the comparison is N'Golo Kante who went at £37m in the summer. He is now the benchmark in terms of cost. (You can argue a few million about who the better player is, but I'll leave that for each to judge).

What price would you have put on Mané? He went for £38.5m (inc add ons) and you have no idea what the contract included regarding sell on clauses.

22 million sounds expensive to me,didn't we sell him for 24 million? That will put pressure on Koeman for it to work.

Seems it's 24m after add ons. Good deal for United - I think it will be tough at Everton for him. He looked shot at United and Everton fans will expect a lot from him but Koeman just might be able to get him going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems it's 24m after add ons. Good deal for United - I think it will be tough at Everton for him. He looked shot at United and Everton fans will expect a lot from him but Koeman just might be able to get him going again.

So man U have basically made back pretty much all the money they paid for him despite seemingly making him a worse player than when joined them...fair play.

So man U have basically made back pretty much all the money they paid for him despite seemingly making him a worse player than when joined them...fair play.

Yep think they have played a blinder here praying on Everton desperation to back the manager.

Good player for us abysmal at United in games I saw.

I always thought he would go to PSG not to the 3rd best team in Merseyside

Schneiderlin & Gueye is a very nice midfield pairing.

I think Everton will build a decent side - Morgan and Gueye is v.good. Add Depay and get Bolasie fit again + Lukaku..... Ouch

If they did manage to get VVD too (please no) plus a decent keeper (Hart maybe) then they could break into the top 6 no problem.

I think Everton will build a decent side - Morgan and Gueye is v.good. Add Depay and get Bolasie fit again + Lukaku..... Ouch

If they did manage to get VVD too (please no) plus a decent keeper (Hart maybe) then they could break into the top 6 no problem.

If I spent £140m of a wealthy owners money, adding players to my squad, I'd be expecting the owner to state champions league was the aim, not 6th