Schneiderlin To Join Everton

TopGun

£13m for one of the best defensive midfielders in the league...it's an absolute no brainer. Buy him, pay him the wages and play him alongside Romeu, get Boufal in the hole and we have a bloody team on our hands.

No one knows how good he is like we do. Classie, holberg, Ward Prowse and Reed all offer something, but none dominates a midfield like Morgan did for us. Puel wants to control the game and dictate the play. Morgan does that. He wins second ball, wins headers, makes so,many interceptions and is amazingly quick to help stop breakaways. He is exactly what we need.

He is a no risk signing. How many of those are there these days?

How is there no risk in spending £15m+ and more in wages on a player who's hardly played this season, could bring psychological baggage with him and risks unsettling one of our players of the season? You're free to make the case but the risks must be considered.

How is there no risk in spending £15m+ and more in wages on a player who's hardly played this season, could bring psychological baggage with him and risks unsettling one of our players of the season? You're free to make the case but the risks must be considered.

The rewards would far far far far outweigh the risks.

The bloke is an outstanding footballer, that has already proved he can put differences aside and turn in outstanding performances.

The rewards would far far far far outweigh the risks.

The bloke is an outstanding footballer, that has already proved he can put differences aside and turn in outstanding performances.

But for all the criticism of Clasie, JWP, Romeu and the gang, we haven't performed any worse with them in the side than Morgan.

They're good enough to be 7th in the League and maintain two decent cup campaigns. Would Morgan really take us forward from that? As good as Morgan is, we could easily spend £25m (transfer, agents and wages) on his services and still be were we are now.

It depends if he left on good terms or not

If he did then hopefully we go in for him and try to sign him. Happy to pay anything up to about 14 million. Depends on his wages also

The reason I only say 14 is the system And the fact we already have Romeu and back up for dm's

Edited by FriendlySaint

As much as I'd love Schneiderlin to come back I think Romeu is doing a decent job in that position at this time, will be absolutely gutted if he goes to Everton though, deserves better than that.

Why?

He cannot make it with a team placed 6th he may have peaked and is now on a downward curve

Funny how we choose the hero's & vilians isn't it. We have a skate thread which contains posts about their hero to vilians , yet were exactly the same. Lovren throws his toys out of the pram and gets a move. He's a right c###. Morgan throws his toys out of the pram , way worse even twitting about it, but is made to stay and he's a hero. Had Saints given in to his demands , he'd now be a c####. But because we made his stay against his will, he's a hero. Weird.

let's be honest, he'd walk straight into this team alongside Romeu as one of our best players. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded or bitter that he left. Can't see it happening though, it wouls essentially be an admission of failure on his part.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Funny how we choose the hero's & vilians isn't it. We have a skate thread which contains posts about their hero to vilians , yet were exactly the same. Lovren throws his toys out of the pram and gets a move. He's a right c###. Morgan throws his toys out of the pram , way worse even twitting about it, but is made to stay and he's a hero. Had Saints given in to his demands , he'd now be a c####. But because we made his stay against his will, he's a hero. Weird.

Morgan stayed 7 years for us hence why I have a lot more respect than that **** Dejan Lovren

Why?

He cannot make it with a team placed 6th he may have peaked and is now on a downward curve

Lets be sensible here, not every player that moves onto another club reproduces the successes he had with his old club for many reasons, be it style of play, manager ete etc.

I think that some are forgetting that Morgan ended up as one of the kingpins of our side and when he was injured or suspended we generally underperformed.

Morgan has not turned into a bad player overnight, his abilities are still there and I'm sure they will come back again with the right team and coaching, unfortunately I don't think it will be with saints.

Morgan is class but in a position that we are well covered in- I think he is as good as any of them and possibly better than all but Romeu but it rarely works for a player to return.

Hope he goes abroad but very few could afford what he has been paid up there...and therein lies another issue.

We should remember his part in our rise with gratitude and move on imho.

I think it's an interesting one this. People are saying we are well covered in this area but I'm not so sure. I only really trust Romeu in the real holding role, although all the others can do a job they really are not as good as MS. I would have him back if we get him for less than 20m. At (just) 27 he is in theory just coming into his prime and regardless of those who criticise him for going he has had a major impact on the recent success (when a player only stays for a year or two it's very different) and I think he would be a great addition, probably playing as one of the two in front of Romeu in a midfield 1-2.

Wages won't be an issue as Saints hold the cards and he would have to accept a decrease or not join. I have no doubt if the club had conversations with him and he chose to re-join that his head would be in a good place.

The real question is whether there is a "better" MF we could get for the same price.....

I suspect he will go to Spurs though!!

Everton I suspect, the only thing that might go a little in our favour is having a french manager.

Well from where he is actually I'd think that playing for a manager he knows is probably more significant than the manager's nationality. Needs to play in some sort of system that suits him to rebuild the confidence that he's evidently lost.

£13m for one of the best defensive midfielders in the league...it's an absolute no brainer. Buy him, pay him the wages and play him alongside Romeu, get Boufal in the hole and we have a bloody team on our hands.

No one knows how good he is like we do. Classie, holberg, Ward Prowse and Reed all offer something, but none dominates a midfield like Morgan did for us. Puel wants to control the game and dictate the play. Morgan does that. He wins second ball, wins headers, makes so,many interceptions and is amazingly quick to help stop breakaways. He is exactly what we need.

He is a no risk signing. How many of those are there these days?

This . Definitely.

Unfortunately we can't sell him on for a profit within 2 years so won't happen

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

He won't return as that is just a tacit acceptance of his failure at Utd.

He'll go to Everton for £20m.

Why has he failed at united? Not another game time? Poor form? Used in the wrong way?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lets be sensible here, not every player that moves onto another club reproduces the successes he had with his old club for many reasons, be it style of play, manager ete etc.

I think that some are forgetting that Morgan ended up as one of the kingpins of our side and when he was injured or suspended we generally underperformed.

Morgan has not turned into a bad player overnight, his abilities are still there and I'm sure they will come back again with the right team and coaching, unfortunately I don't think it will be with saints.

I am not that we did actually underperform when he was out of the side. As previously mentioned considering to superstar status that some afford him on here we are not in a worse position without him.

He flattered to deceive in reality...

Not as good as Wanyama and no better than Rom ..

Let the emotions flow from the Happys ....

Don't be soft.

Having been watching Saints for nearly 40 years, he is without doubt in the top ten players, I have ever seen wearing the shirt. May be even in the top five.

He doesn't play any of the sexy roles and in many ways, he is a spoiler, but as classy a spoiler as you will ever see.

If it were a straight contest between Morgan and Romeu, Oriol would be sponsored by some company that treats piles, due to the amount of time he would be sat on the bench.

Romeu has and is having a great season (By his standards) but still has a mistake a game in him. Whilst this might sound harsh, it is his fault we are no longer in Europe. Morgan is a far far far better player and would walk straight into our side - Just a shame it wont happen.

1) He really didn't, he was superb for our first three seasons back in the Prem

2) Different player to Wanyama and you'd pick him ahead of Oriol. That's not to say I don't rate Romeu who along with VVD have been the core of our side. I just think he is a more complete and mobile player and just has the edge.

Don't be soft.

Having been watching Saints for nearly 40 years, he is without doubt in the top ten players, I have ever seen wearing the shirt. May be even in the top five.

He doesn't play any of the sexy roles and in many ways, he is a spoiler, but as classy a spoiler as you will ever see.

If it were a straight contest between Morgan and Romeu, Oriol would be sponsored by some company that treats piles, due to the amount of time he would be sat on the bench.

Romeu has and is having a great season (By his standards) but still has a mistake a game in him. Whilst this might sound harsh, it is his fault we are no longer in Europe. Morgan is a far far far better player and would walk straight into our side - Just a shame it wont happen.

Apart from two goals by our centre half, we failed to score after the first group game against Sparta. Saying it's his fault we aren't in Europe isn't harsh, it's silly TBH.

He is a more complete midfielder than Romeu or Victor, granted but you're elevating him to almost messiah status. Top 5 in the last 40 years? I didn't even see the team we had in the 80s but come on.

Even in the last 20 years we've had Le Tiss, Niemi, Killer, Virgil and Toby. 5 players who were without question amongst the very best in the League. Lallana, Mané, Pahars, Beattie, Bridge, Shaw and Bertrand were all superb too. I'd say our performance dropped far more noticeably after Matt Oakley's knee injury than it did after Morgan left.

Don't be soft.

You're the one being soft. Top 5, come on you're having a laugh. Off the top of my head after a dozen Bishops Tipple's I can name 20 better the past 40 years .

For £15m and reasonable wages we should be snapping hands off to get him back, would improve us instantly. I'd have him alongside Romeu who would really benefit from playing with Morgan.

Agree that it's not the priority position but we've raked in so much in transfer fees over that last few years that we should be able to spend some cash

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Don't be soft.

So Virgil misses 2 sitters we can't hit a cows arse amongst the rest of the team yet it's Romeu fault for one pass? Come on that's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be soft.

I think that's over the top. It's Van Dijks fault as much as Romeu's if you want to go down that route. Virgil missed sitters in two away matches. If he'd scored either we would have qualified.

Don't be soft.

It's all about opinions but is he really in your top 5 when we have had players like Shilton, Le Tiss, Keegan, Holmes, Armstrong, Mills, Watson, Richards, Moran, Niemi, Pahars, Wright, Killer, Wallace, Channon, Ball, Case even players like Worthington who weren't here long was technically a better player. As good as he was he probably wasn't even the best player in his time here.

I like him but in comparison to some of the real top players we have had, personally I wouldn't put him anywhere near a last 40 years best 11.

Go on then...

Le Tiss

Williams

Armstrong

Wright

Shilton

Danny Wallace

Case

Bally

Killer

Moran

Shearer

Fonte

Niemi

Lambert

Pahars

Dennis

VvD

Toby

Keegan

Rod Wallace

Watson

That's not including Mick C, Ronnie Ekland , Or Bale far far superior players than Morgan will ever be.

Don't be soft.

Either you have a short memory or you have a very inflated opinion of Morgan.

There are a host of players miles ahead of him. I won't bother to list them....

Either you have a short memory or you have a very inflated opinion of Morgan.

There are a host of players miles ahead of him. I won't bother to list them....

He is the best central midfielder we have had in the last 10 or 15 years though.

We should get him if we can because he's better than Clasie.

He's good but signing him would not make a massive difference to us without signing a 20 goal a season striker as well.

He won't come to us because his wages will be astronomical. Everton will pay the wages and he'll get 1st team football.

I don't think he'd play much at Spurs and he's not good enough for rest of top 6.

Le Tiss

Williams

Armstrong

Wright

Shilton

Danny Wallace

Case

Bally

Killer

Moran

Shearer

Fonte

Niemi

Lambert

Pahars

Dennis

VvD

Toby

Keegan

Rod Wallace

Watson

That's not including Mick C, Ronnie Ekland , Or Bale far far superior players than Morgan will ever be.

My comment about possibly being in the top five was perhaps red wine encouraged, but Morgan would make my all time best Saints starting eleven every day of the week.

The criteria is also completely subjective (As is the individual opinion) and different for each of us, so there will never be a consensus.

Shearer had huge huge potential, but was he a more effective striker for Saints that Morgan was a defensive midfielder? Not a chance - Go check Shearers goal scoring stats for Saints...... That's just an emotive example because as we all know Shearer was a great great player and possibly on his day World class.

My comment about possibly being in the top five was perhaps red wine encouraged, but Morgan would make my all time best Saints starting eleven every day of the week.

The criteria is also completely subjective (As is the individual opinion) and different for each of us, so there will never be a consensus.

Shearer had huge huge potential, but was he a more effective striker for Saints that Morgan was a defensive midfielder? Not a chance - Go check Shearers goal scoring stats for Saints...... That's just an emotive example because as we all know Shearer was a great great player and possibly on his day World class.

I've always thought MS a similar as a player to Stevie Williams, who would make my starting eleven in front of him on tenacity. Upright, good vision, makes it look so easy.