Schneiderlin To Join Everton

TopGun

I thought Schneiderlin was excellent for us and would go on to be a top player for a top club. Surprised it hasn't worked out for him at United, but in truth Arsenal always felt like the place he should have gone. I am also a fan of Romeu, and don't think there are leagues between them. The idea that there isn't much between Schneiderlin and N'Golo Kante though... come off it!

We have one of the most expensive squads in Europe - we target 6-9th?

How do you work that out if we have a net spend of £1m (all clubs will have a greater net spend than us); we have trousered the TV money so Kat can take it out; we won't spend what other clubs are prepared to spend.

We have the most expensive squad in Hampshire and that is it. Money spent is probably equal to our current league position.

compare that to Sakho signing for southampton for the same sort of figure

that would be funny

Its amazing really that mid table PL clubs are prepared (possibly) to pay such big fees for players the big clubs have generally not improved, don't won't to play and don't even want on their wage bill.

How do you work that out if we have a net spend of £1m (all clubs will have a greater net spend than us); we have trousered the TV money so Kat can take it out; we won't spend what other clubs are prepared to spend.

We have the most expensive squad in Hampshire and that is it. Money spent is probably equal to our current league position.

Read the accounts.

Try to learn something.

And to think some Saints fans didn't want him back at the £13m price yet Everton now seem happy to fork out quite a substantial amount more. Opinions, opinions...

He was never going to come back and we were never going to try, but it is going to be painful watching him there, whilst we have Classie 'running' our midfield.

Great without the ball, useless with it. Not worth 24 million IMO

Who on earth are you describing? Morgan? Blimey, the immaculate first touch, ability to play in the tightest of spaces and inch perfect cross field balls must have been a mirage. Opinions, opinions...

We have sold players totalling £230m this past 3 summers but we do have one of the most expensive squads in Europe

Cx4Nh_LXcAACO9A.jpg

Who on earth are you describing? Morgan? Blimey, the immaculate first touch, ability to play in the tightest of spaces and inch perfect cross field balls must have been a mirage. Opinions, opinions...

Now watching Fellani coming on to shore up the Utd midfield. I bet Jose would rather have someone with "immaculate first touch,ability to play in the tightest of spaces and inch perfect cross field balls".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. People have very short memories. Morgan is one of the best players I've ever seen in a Saints shirt, as much as I like Romeu and as much as I want to get behind the current squad he isn't in the same league as Morgan.

Not for me, he was very good but Romeu on his day is a match. Look who Morgan played with compared to Romeu. Don't play for good clubs like Chelsea , Barca and us if poor :-)

Never said OR was poor, I just don't think OR is in the same league as Morgan.

Cross field diagonals - sure. But incisive, creative, first time passes? I don't remember much of that. That's why he failed at a big club and it's why I don't believe he's worth 24 million. I think he'll do Ok at Everton as they will play more on the back foot which suits him, but he isn't worth that sort of money.

Exactly. People have very short memories. Morgan is one of the best players I've ever seen in a Saints shirt, as much as I like Romeu and as much as I want to get behind the current squad he isn't in the same league as Morgan.

Lazy ****** aiming short memories at people with a different opinion than you. You are obviously young if he is one of the best you have seen.

As I said he was very good but he had some good players alongside him.

Funny that not one top 6 club interested in U.K. Or any European for such a world class player ends up at Everton. Even Arsenal prefer the awful Coquelin.

We have sold players totalling £230m this past 3 summers but we do have one of the most expensive squads in Europe

Cx4Nh_LXcAACO9A.jpg

If people are using the table as a proxy for squad quality, its pretty meaningless as it doesn't adjust for inflation.

Values are calculated on the basis of when the players were bought. Squads with high levels of turnover (like us) are likely to look more expensive as players/transfers reflect current market prices. By contrast, more stable teams will look cheaper: the fee paid Ronaldo contributes significantly to Real Madrid's squad value but remember he was bought in 2009 for £80m. How much would he cost -and Madrid's squad be valued at if that transfer happened today?

Lazy ****** aiming short memories at people with a different opinion than you. You are obviously young if he is one of the best you have seen.

As I said he was very good but he had some good players alongside him.

Funny that not one top 6 club interested in U.K. Or any European for such a world class player ends up at Everton. Even Arsenal prefer the awful Coquelin.

So you think Romeu is almost as good as Morgan? Ok then. Bet you'd have a different opinion if they both still played for us.

Where does that put Carrick then because Jose clearly thinks he's out of Morgan's league . He even prefers Fellani ffs

There's no doubting that Carrick is a quality player. Has been one of the most dependable midfielders in the league for a number of years. That doesn't detract from Morgan's quality IMO. He's been badly managed at United and has gone backwards but when he left he was one of the best in the league.

Romeu was back up last year to Wanyama and Clasie. He's one of my favourites of the current bunch and is one of our top 2/3 players but if you gave me the opportunity to swap him for Morgan then I genuinely would not think twice about it. I just think that fans on here are misremembering quite how good MS was when we had him just because he's gone.

So you think Romeu is almost as good as Morgan? Ok then. Bet you'd have a different opinion if they both still played for us.

Do you think Morgan could have held the midfield like Romeu has without Wanyama?

Morgan had some good players alongside him and in front far better than our current lot hence my reluctance to over praise him to the current lot.

I liked Morgan too but WC?

Do you think Morgan could have held the midfield like Romeu has without Wanyama?

Morgan had some good players alongside him and in front far better than our current lot hence my reluctance to over praise him to the current lot.

I liked Morgan too but WC?

They are slightly different players as Romeu is much more physical than MS. But to answer your question, yes, I think Morgan would have equalled or even surpassed OR's level of performance.

Not for me, he was very good but Romeu on his day is a match. Look who Morgan played with compared to Romeu. Don't play for good clubs like Chelsea , Barca and us if poor :-)

Romeu only played once for Barca and played less for Chelsea than Morgan did for Man U so not sure your point is that relevant!

Romeu's a decent player who gives his all but Morgan's a class above in my opinion.

Romeu only played once for Barca and played less for Chelsea than Morgan did for Man U so not sure your point is that relevant!

Romeu's a decent player who gives his all but Morgan's a class above in my opinion.

Because he had a bad injury at Chelsea.

Morgan was fantastic, Oriol is too. Both are good on the ball, neither are that playmaker CM type from what i've seen, but both absolutely brilliant in that breaking up and re-distributing role. Loved/love them both, would love to have Morgan back, but think they're actually quite similar so people screaming which one is better is a bit unnecessary IMO. Although to Oriol's credit, he doesn't have Vic to help, and I saw Vic bully teams on his own when Morgan wasn't available, so that pair complimented each other exceptionally well. We have been treated to some bloody good players in the last few years!

Cross field diagonals - sure. But incisive, creative, first time passes? I don't remember much of that. That's why he failed at a big club and it's why I don't believe he's worth 24 million. I think he'll do Ok at Everton as they will play more on the back foot which suits him, but he isn't worth that sort of money.

You said he was "useless with the ball", nothing about not being creative, simply that he was "USELESS WITH THE BALL". Not a chance in hell anyone on here will talk me round to that way of thinking, because it's total and utter poppycock.

Edited by Chez

You said he was "useless with the ball", nothing about not being creative, simply that he was "USELESS WITH THE BALL". Not a chance in hell anyone on here will talk me round to that way of thinking, because it's total and utter poppycock.

Short sideways nothing passes and the occasional cross field diagonal is my definition of useless. You should hear the adjectives United fans use for him. "Coward" get used very often.

I loved him when he was here but he's been a huge failure since going and it's pretty telling that none of the big boys have come in for him now that he's available again. He simply isn't good enough for that level and for 24 million I'd want a lot more than he offers

They are slightly different players as Romeu is much more physical than MS. But to answer your question, yes, I think Morgan would have equalled or even surpassed OR's level of performance.

Slightly different? I would say very different. I think that they would work well together because of that.

There's no doubting that Carrick is a quality player.

I just think that fans on here are misremembering quite how good MS was when we had him just because he's gone.

**** me Carrick isn't a patch on Bally at similar age.

I don't misremember anything, I just remember real quality. Morgan was a good player for us, but he's nothing special. He's a French Gareth Barry if you ask me. He's always been overrated on here.

Anyway the proofs in the pudding . Let's see how he does for Everton . My prediction is he'll be at West Brom,Stoke or similar sort of club within 3 years. Bit like Cabaye really, not quite top quality

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Schniederlin was an excellent player and as a foil for bruiser Wanyama. They were together one of the main reasons for our success. I think and hope for his sake he does well at Everton. At the same time I hope he's a disaster and heaps the pressure onto Koeman as a bad buy, leading to his sacking. That would be nice too.

Just out of interest, how has she taken the money out, cos she certainly hasn't via dividends of any kind. Are you saying she is illegally pilfering money from the club?

Be very careful how you answer this question by the way.

Schniederlin was an excellent player and as a foil for bruiser Wanyama. They were together one of the main reasons for our success. I think and hope for his sake he does well at Everton. At the same time I hope he's a disaster and heaps the pressure onto Koeman as a bad buy, leading to his sacking. That would be nice too.

That just about sums up how i feel about it, thanks DT!

Just out of interest, how has she taken the money out, cos she certainly hasn't via dividends of any kind. Are you saying she is illegally pilfering money from the club?

Be very careful how you answer this question by the way.

Stop it. That doesn't fit the agenda so it can't possibly be true. How dare you let facts interfere with an ill informed vendetta [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

this was my immediate thought too. Remember his long passing to be sublime.

His long passing was often slow and ponderous. He'd have a big head-up look across to the other side of the pitch. Then head down and a big wind-up. Then finally hit a very high floaty ball, by which time the full-back has known for about two seconds what is about to happen and has plenty of time to get over there and cover.

Contrast with Van Dijk's cross-field balls which are pinged off a much shorter wind-up and hit flatter with more power.

That's not to say Morgan wasn't great for us - he was - but he's not an amazing passer by any stretch.