Puel - In or Out?

washsaint

In or Out?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

yes we are in the semis of the LC and 8th in the Prem. But, my god - the style of football we have been subjected to this season (couple of games aside) has been truly awful. Dull, boring and no threat to the opposition. Like playing for a 0 - 0 against Hapoel (home and away).

I am truly bored to tears watching Saints this season.

Really don't know if Puel is the man for us or not. His style of play and defensive setup has us so predictable and certainly no fun to watch.

I hope 2nd half of the season he has an epiphany and looks to play a far more expansive attacking brand of football

In, but not sure this reflects tonights game they were just a lot better than us and clinical

To me we were better as long as we put pressure on their defenders. After 20 minutes we suddenly parked our bus in our penalty area and let Spurs rule the game. in my eyes, and watching most of the games this season that is how Puel want us to play. (Rely on counter attacks). So boring to watch, and no wonder we have major difficulties scoring goals.

To me we were better as long as we put pressure on their defenders. After 20 minutes we suddenly parked our bus in our penalty area and let Spurs rule the game. in my eyes, and watching most of the games this season that is how Puel want us to play. (Rely on counter attacks). So boring to watch, and no wonder we have major difficulties scoring goals.

Spot on. And that is what makes us so dull - 11 men behind the ball and wait for a counter. We looked really good pressing and attacking and then, as you say, decided to sit really deep and invite Spurs on to us. Madness, utter madness.

Not quite sure how, with all this bloody rotation, Redmond (who has been abysmal) seems to start every game.

Ridiculous for anyone to call for Puel to go. He is doing a decent enough job to with the poorest team we have had for 3 seasons now. His main mistake this eve was picking JWP but other than that, he has poor options up front and a liability keeper in goal.

I'd give him at least this season. If we get some quality firepower in this January then I think our system will work fine. At the moment we're too toothless to win these important games. Having said that, failure to improve this January will be down to our board and not the manager.

Tottenham are a good side, that's why they're above us.

If we play like that on Saturday, then I think fans' anger will be justified.

But we are where we are in the table because we're better than most teams in this division and that dominance will show against West Brom. They play in the complete opposite manner than Spurs, and we will get more chances and we will win easily.

The "football" under Puel is horrendous

Koeman was almost sacked for his poor start last season - yet Puel matching his poor start is seen as a success!?

We have fallen a long way behind the top 6 this season

3 home games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs and we managed just 1 shot on target for all 3 games combined

We can fight to be best of the rest but really hiw much fun is that? Season hinges on the league cup now

In - and re-look at the end of the season. Football is about entertainment and winning, we are definitely going backwards for the first, and jury is out for the second. Then again - how many players has he signed ? - clearly Boufal is one of his and you could argue that the jury is out on him - but Redmond / Hojberg etc...

Still don't understand why we have brought in a coach who is clearly a different style than what has brought us so much success since Atkins appointment. I also really hope he isn't being told to play youth products unless he really believes they are good enough (why else would you play JWP against those brutes today when you already have a midfield of Redmond/Boufal/Davis ?)

in.

Most games we are typically playing 3 players upfront that have barely played a dozen games together. It'll take time for the team to gel attacking wise. I'd give Puel at least until the midway point of next season and then see how we are doing (though, even then, he'll most likely be rebuilding the defence after the summer sales).

The "football" under Puel is horrendous

Koeman was almost sacked for his poor start last season - yet Puel matching his poor start is seen as a success!?

We have fallen a long way behind the top 6 this season

3 home games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs and we managed just 1 shot on target for all 3 games combined

We can fight to be best of the rest but really hiw much fun is that? Season hinges on the league cup now

Go elsewhere then!

Moronic question by someone who obviously doesn't go to games - he's a good manager, we're building something here.

Poster question reminds me of someone who'd prefer a w*nk to a woman for the instant gratification

Yes I was there tonight

Genuine interest but what do you see us trying to build? I'm in favour of keeping Puel but only because I think he's done as expected results wise. His style of play and general philosophy of constantly changing the team are the things I don't like about him. I don't currently enjoy watching us play as the style is too defensive and very slow. Interested to hear an alternative view given you think he is building something.

In- But we seriously need a striker who knows where the goal is. Blaming a new manager for the boards failure to replace Mane and Pelle is world class f*ckwittery....

It's not just that though is it? If you actually read the thread most are concerned at the style of play being implemented. Even if we had Aguero up front he can't score if we don't make any chances. It's not like we create absolutely shed loads of chances that are missed is it? A new striker won't solve our problems. We don't move the ball forward quickly enough. For me, we need a centre mid that can actually carry the ball forward.

It's not just that though is it? If you actually read the thread most are concerned at the style of play being implemented. Even if we had Aguero up front he can't score if we don't make any chances. It's not like we create absolutely shed loads of chances that are missed is it? A new striker won't solve our problems. We don't move the ball forward quickly enough. For me, we need a centre mid that can actually carry the ball forward.

Exactly like dembele ali and erikson all done,