Fraser Forster - Whats Happened?

TK8267

If he wasn't English we'd have looked to sign better. Same with Hart @ City. He's the personification of a gentle giant; no bravery, no fire, no passion. He never imposes his figure. He should scare the living hell out of strikers when he comes charging at them.

This one's a big black mark on Dave Watson. He's had 2.5 years to improve him and he hasn't improved anything.

The theory that he is carrying an injury is definitely plausible. I have noticed during the warm-ups for the last 2 games his movement seems really restricted and lumbering, like he's walking in treacle. We need McCarthy back ASAP so he can come in or at the very least make Fraser look over his shoulder.

Forster has deleted his Twitter account.

Obviously got the jump with some of the vitriol thrown at him.

He should speak to Kelvin Davis.

He stopped responding to the fans singing his name .. he remembered the **** he used to get from them.

He couldn't come off his line or kick either. Better shot stopper though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On an unrelated but similar thread, managed to catch a very rare live PL game on free-to-air TV this morning, the Bournemouth Arsenal game. Boruc still in goal, and looking in far better physical condition than he ever did for us - nice haircut too.

Think Forster is just down on confidence, much like the rest of the squad - only trouble is when your GK isn't performing at his peak the mistakes and flaws are magnified for obvious reasons.

On TV it looks as if he finds it difficult to get down to low shots near his body.

Has this weakness been spotted and is he being targetted.

I know he can be a marvellous shot stopper as last year at The Emirates he saved a shot from Sanchez that was little short of amazing and the equal of anything I saw Shilton do. I was sitting right in line with the shot and couldn't believe he had saved it.

I suspect he is short of confidence, but should come good,

Remember the old saying form is temporary but class is permanent.

Goal keepers like batsmen at cricket get no second chances.

I detest the crowd getting on the back of players, but its regrettably not a new thing at Southampton, I can remember Sydenham getting a lot of stick back in the sixties and there seems to be a disappointing tendency to get on players backs.

Even Channon got a hard time when he was young. I worry that Redmond's confidence could be destroyed as he is still very young.

Support the team