Saints 1 West Brom 2 Reaction

Mr X

Utter, utter, utter garbage and 2 shots on goal in 2 games.

I voted for Puel to remain but seriously think he is not able to get us playing the way we should be playing or motivating this shower of s***e.

We are devoid of ideas and seem obsessed with playing to the wings to put in crosses that we never win. We are predictable, slow, dull and crap.

b

Awful.

We are massively toothless from open play. 1 shot on target AGAIN and that was a set-piece.

That is Puel's doing as it is far from a one-off.

Terrible football and it is not changing. We are now crap in defence (which is what is saving our season)

His subs made us worse ffs.

WBA didnt have to play well to beat us and we never tested their keeper at all in the 2nd half. Barely made him move....at home!!!

I hope he is not our manager after this season, Dull, Irritating, Predictable football.

only positive is that we played for 40 mins instead of 20 as we did against spurs

everton will tear us apart in a few days

No urgency, no passion and no luck as you have to work hard to make your own luck.

WBA were well drilled, attacked and defended in numbers.. how we have been spoilt for the past few years watching Saints. I fear with Puel in charge those displays this week will be the norm.

He might be a nice human being but he's got a Branfoot vibe for me now so I'd be happy for him to go.

Still Everton next.... :-O

Some of you are really clueless. We will not be sacking Puel anytime soon. Our key players didn't perform on Wednesday and were dreadful in the second half.

Tactically, we were set up fine. We were well on top in the first half, and they got lucky.

Second half was dreadful, and I blame the players, not the manager.

Like his favoured style of football Puel is taking us backwards. Possession for possessions sake, aimless crosses into the box to nobody in particular. No cutting edge, no dynamic football, no playing between the lines just boring pass, pass pass in areas where it doesn't matter. We must be one of the worst teams to watch now and he's undone the good work of previous managers. Get him out of our club before he bores us all to death.

That was our season summed up in a single game. All fart and no sh*t. Boring to watch, predictable and clueless. These are football players - they need to be trained and coached. They are professionals because they follow out instructions - whether they believe in them or not.

Things out of Puel's hands:

1. Awful strikeforce. Seriously awful. One of the worst in the division and the worst we've had since promotion.

Things Puel is in control of and are not good enough:

1. Complete lack of cohesion going forward.

2. Laughable team shape, understanding and pattern of play when subs were made and we were chasing the game

If I didn't know better I would suggest some players do not rate him and that is always the beginning of the end.

Worse of all for me the players that pick up the silly second yellow cards when it is unnecessary are usually the ones who are most frustrated. For us that appears to be our best player. Oh well.

He made the right changes, especially taking off Martina.

Our midfield had nothing at all going forward. In the first half we had 3 good crosses in the box with no midfield runners.

2nd Half it took Davies 3 touches to decide to pass the ball to Long, by whch time he had 3 players on him.

Poor ref, Kanu had to go for a smack on the head, although we need to learn to be more cynical in these situations.

Defending for both goals was awful, and the keeping was too slow. However, sarcasm when he clears the ball or comes for a cross is not on. Anyone doing this should have someone over their shoulder at work all week shouting "Your ****" every time you make a typo.

We need an attacking midfield option and a forward who can win the ball his back to goal.

Played some decent stuff leading up to our goal, but a frustrating and lack-lustre response to WBA's comeback.

We're looking as poor as Koeman's side did before the turn of the year last season. It was difficult to see how Koeman was going to turn things around then and it's perhaps even more difficult to see how Puel can emulate that turnaround this season. If we have a poor January then that may be the time to sign-up to the disgruntled club, but still too early for that. A pivotal month beckons.

A bad time to be losing Boufal too, just as he's starting to look at home in the cut and thrust of the Premier League.

Happy new year!

People say don't blame puel, look at the players, they're not performing, not stepping up. Well I'm sorry but he sets the tone, the way we play, the buck stops with him.

The performances hurt more than the defeats. Just too negative. No plan.

Today was a game where we missed of all people Pelle, as we couldn't win a ball in the air (bar Long's header) we kept reverting to playing in the 35-yard zone meaning West Brom could easily reorganise their line and we reverted to type. Boufal is the only player who is capable of being a match-winner in games like this, he was I dare say it far too UNSELFISH, I'd like to see him shoot more instead he kept passing to more wasteful players who then slow us up (Long, Martina, Tadic) clearly he is the one who is our best player by a bloody mile and he needs to be the one that takes responsibility because no-one else will, now either Puel needs to recognise that or Boufal needs to, he is the reason we're still in the league cup and he's the reason that we beat Boro, in this side we have no-one that wants to be a match-winner and no-one who is capable other than him.

As for the game our passing was awful, we started the second half slowly and yes Long/Tadic combined for a goal but they both had bad games, Tadic's delivery is awful his lack of match sharpness is really showing.

Holjberg, I'm a fan of his but he had a shocker he gave the ball away needlessly so many times.

Davis was positive but didn't take on enough responsibility.

Martina was Martina, struggled to get going down the flank.

Yoshida/VVD - Both awful today flat flooted and poor distribution and a stupid red-card.

Forster, I think he could have done better on both goals, he's too slow to react to quick shots and to get low for the first goal.

McQueen, didn't offer anything today.

Romeu - Our best in the middle, was winning balls, passing well etc.

Boufal, our best player lots of positive play, dribbles, crosses had their defence all over the shop, but SHOULD shoot more.

Just typical of the season really, negative football under the guise of posession for posession's sake and short passes that go nowhere. Cross after cross with only one man to aim for because the wide player on the other side and the central midfielders never make runs into the box.

You can blame the players if they try to do that and do it badly, but when they never do it even when we are chasing the game you have to look at he tactics.

We could sign anyone to play up front, but the current team approach to attacking would mean their impact would be minimal.

Some of you are really clueless. We will not be sacking Puel anytime soon. Our key players didn't perform on Wednesday and were dreadful in the second half.

Tactically, we were set up fine. We were well on top in the first half, and they got lucky.

Second half was dreadful, and I blame the players, not the manager.

Agree we won't be sacking him because the Board won't want to admit failure, but it is plain that Puel has lost the confidence of the team.

I was frowned upon by at least one of the above posters on here when I was critical of the club not investing in replacements. Tough times coming up in the next few months

You can post your favourite cheesecake recipe on here and it will be frowned on by at least one other member. Have you been on a forum before? ;)

I don't think we will be in a relegation fight, but somebody needs to put a rocket up Puel's rear-end. The last couple of HOME games have shown very little fight, very little inspiration, and a team lacking cohesion. JWP comes across as one of the most overrated players in the Prem, where does his reputation come from ?

Then we are in danger of going down. Perhaps the Club really is for sale and no more investment until we are sold.
no, we are not.

Sunderland(14pts), Hull(13pts), and Swansea(12 pts) are in danger of going down.

Hell 35 points is the safe zone considering how few points those teams have at the halfway point.

Gutted. We started brightly and looked a lot better going forward, but the sucker punch goal and beauty by R-K knocked the stuffing out of us. There is no confidence in the players at the moment and at 2-1 the wheels were well and truly off and what followed was some really awful football.

On the plus side, we are 100% for shots on target to goals ratio in the last 2 games (before you start, this is just to show how stats can be misused).

In my mind, I imagined Tadic & Boufal in tandem being a thing of beauty...

Not a woeful result like that.

Wasn't too bad in the first half, we just weren't getting enough in the box. Second half we just fell completely flat following their goal. But it's never going to be easy when you're a) losing to West Brom and b) a team who can't score goals.

Gutted. We started brightly and looked a lot better going forward, but the sucker punch goal and beauty by R-K knocked the stuffing out of us. There is no confidence in the players at the moment and at 2-1 the wheels were well and truly off and what followed was some really awful football.

On the plus side, we are 100% for shots on target to goals ratio in the last 2 games (before you start, this is just to show how stats can be misused).

100%of your stats were accurate, but you used them for good rather than evil. Please leave your mask and cape at the door, and definitely let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Christ. Just seen the result. Were we dreadful again?

1 shot on target the whole game and that came from a corner (our goal)

we were not even getting close, we barely had a decent shot in the 2nd half. woeful

we played well for 40 mins this time.

maybe we could stretch it to a whole half against Everton

awful. really crap! the real shock from last few seasons is how toothless we are going forward. it is such dross. mane and pelle such huge losses.

Puel I dunno. He is hard to have any feeling towards. and the big question for those who want him out, who would you replace him with?

People say don't blame puel, look at the players, they're not performing, not stepping up. Well I'm sorry but he sets the tone, the way we play, the buck stops with him.

The performances hurt more than the defeats. Just too negative. No plan.

We have a pretty crap team outside of VVD and Boufal. The manager isn't great but the team is woefully imbalanced with a load of average players with a couple of very decent ones who are demotivated by having to carry the rest of them. Can't wait for the season to be over frankly. Should still make it to 40 points but the whole squad needs a complete rebuild in the summer from the VVD money. If we can sell Fonte for £10Mn and/or find someone who'll take Forster off our hands that wouldn't be a bad bit of business either.

awful. really crap! the real shock from last few seasons is how toothless we are going forward. it is such dross. mane and pelle such huge losses.

Puel I dunno. He is hard to have any feeling towards. and the big question for those who want him out, who would you replace him with?

Right now. Seeing as I do not work at the club and constantly have a handful of people constantly scouted etc

De Beor