Q&A with Les Reed

Heisenberg

If you're comparing this season to last, then surely Koemans abject league cup defeat against Liverpool (and you could throw in Sheff Utd as well ) should be compared with Puels win at Arsenal .

Clearly Liverpool are far better this season and this is a 2 legged affair as opposed to a one off home game. It will be a miracle if we win, but that's nothing to do with Puel or his "failings". It's probably the toughest draw we could have got. Both MP & Koeman wasted good opportunities in the cups. This season won't be a wasted opportunity , regardless of result , because it's not really a winnable game. Sheff Utd, Sunderland & Liverpool at home ,were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong I am no admirer of Koeman either, certainly as a person but the players respected him even if they didn't like him. Not entirely sure that is the case with Puel.

What position were we in new year last season and were we still in the league cup?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Oh, FFS this such a pathetic response. We were more-or-less PL champions based on 2nd half season form.

Our improved position now means f*ck all because no way will we repeat that form

Oh, FFS this such a pathetic response. We were more-or-less PL champions based on 2nd half season form.

Our improved position now means f*ck all because no way will we repeat that form

Give yourself a werther's. More or less the perfect response.

He's 65 this year so my question would be: When are you retiring?

He gets great credit from some on here for good things which happened at the club in the past, but this season he is getting things very wrong, including his activity in the transfer market and his managerial and coaching appointments. It's time for him to step down gracefully and be replaced by someone younger, more in touch with modern football people and the current transfer market: someone who's still going to know what he's doing in five years' time. I think he's perceived by many football people as an arrogant, interfering old man, who'll take the credit for their work - he even tried to take some credit for Leicester's league title, saying they'd just copied the Southampton way- and that is going to put good managers and players off joining the club or even the current ones staying here.

That's pretty much spot on.

He got very lucky with koeman. But that's it. He's been taking credit for everything since cortese was ousted but in truth we've been starting a downward spiral. Lost poch, a great team of players who were all mates (2014), then again in 2015, then again in 2016. He has destroyed the club's soul and the fans link to the team. Gradually he has undone all of the previous regime's work and it is always the sign on a weak man when they lay all the blame at the feet of his predecessor.

Or do people seriously still buy that crap about being hard up and needing the money? Reed and co have been lying to the fans since cortese went. Let's remember the famous Lambert isn't being sold, season ticket renewals close... Lambert is sold.

On that note, season ticket renewals are going to be shocking at this rate, the loyal fans are sick to the back teeth of this board and season ticket holders are committed to coming each week whether we're playing well or not... And they just aren't turning up to some games now. The football is terrible, the club have no ambition, we're massively underachieving in the league and out of Europa league; and it's all so Les and co can harvest a bit more cash out of the club every summer.

Man/board/philosophy has to go PDFQ. And sadly this philosophy comes from KL, you can't blame her as it's her money and it's a business at the end of the day. But if she doesn't have the gumption to have kept these teams together for top 4 footy then she needs to move us on to someone who will. After all, our ambition let us offer clyne 25k per week to stay....

That semi final trophy sure does fill out the new trophy cabinets

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2275[/ATTACH]

Will go nicely with all the trophies Koeman and Poch won for us...oh.

But they did win your heart though? Nope, neither did. You were as scathing about Ron's hoof it to undroppable Pellè and make weird subs era as you were about no plan b Poch as you are about boring Puel.

If the club did everything you suggest we'd have no players, manager, board or supporters.

That's pretty much spot on.

He got very lucky with koeman. But that's it. He's been taking credit for everything since cortese was ousted but in truth we've been starting a downward spiral. Lost poch, a great team of players who were all mates (2014), then again in 2015, then again in 2016. He has destroyed the club's soul and the fans link to the team. Gradually he has undone all of the previous regime's work and it is always the sign on a weak man when they lay all the blame at the feet of his predecessor.

Or do people seriously still buy that crap about being hard up and needing the money? Reed and co have been lying to the fans since cortese went. Let's remember the famous Lambert isn't being sold, season ticket renewals close... Lambert is sold.

On that note, season ticket renewals are going to be shocking at this rate, the loyal fans are sick to the back teeth of this board and season ticket holders are committed to coming each week whether we're playing well or not... And they just aren't turning up to some games now. The football is terrible, the club have no ambition, we're massively underachieving in the league and out of Europa league; and it's all so Les and co can harvest a bit more cash out of the club every summer.

Man/board/philosophy has to go PDFQ. And sadly this philosophy comes from KL, you can't blame her as it's her money and it's a business at the end of the day. But if she doesn't have the gumption to have kept these teams together for top 4 footy then she needs to move us on to someone who will. After all, our ambition let us offer clyne 25k per week to stay....

This post contains so much pony that even on Jan 1st it's in line to be the biggest load of shiete written in 2017.

I don't really know where to start, but perhaps the "Lambert isn't being sold" quote. I don't recall this "famous" quote from Les, perhaps you can post a link. While you're at it also post proof that he "blamed his predecessor". I've never read or heard him blame Cortese for anything.

Is it really his fault that players leave, he's tasked with running the club on a SUSTAINABLE level,to be self sufficient. You even admit yourself that this is the policy of the owner, yet slag Les off for doing what he's paid to do. He works for Kat, not us.

Finally, perhaps you could point us in the direction of somebody with the ambition, wealth and desire to make Southampton a top 4 side. It's very easy to write such nonsense, a bit harder to find this fairy godfather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or do people seriously still buy that crap about being hard up and needing the money? Reed and co have been lying to the fans since cortese went. Let's remember the famous Lambert isn't being sold, season ticket renewals close... Lambert is sold. .

Cortese sold Lambert to West Ham. Katrina pulled the plug on the deal.

Les, have you ever gone to a Saints away game and posted photo from the hotel's website on an internet forum upon your arrival?

LyildB2pUn1iwsmfdfwTIPx-JrXMIG2Rfgg4vf4JM4Q-uxiZnVUJdjc3z-jFsPI-yavnuVdQ3ng_4CgRPJqwP9XDgZw3QbPO8DYEoCKBGWl_yK_lI0HqRe_tkEzxnLYfSri-D4rN8mGDthkBDoBkNv53J5B3_U2NT8bZPJMj74l_22mPJbeb1HWZEaaaT-wjUc3IckXBf-zgkaNtiMGhjbF_f5990BdYgUrO9udBvpH6Bu7BRLJiE6c5bm-LTcldVi-3KoUR0xH6M7bxWqHJ9CWVEBCOp7t_ShpFtXlTXaU6kHOj0vzWXZP5Hyc_ykSPoL-ZwibY0CU2yZS2VBGM1ebYhc0sxvpghHgkgU1afx3M3E8LYXpAmOuqirYodrxTcnhClV9MHiNwSc446U0Yh705HhmO2seijVY-VMHB_3nMKJrDmUlfZptSTqnTVblj6Di5dsyK1Ee3AA5VAEnV3aiuuGppH-vxJ1MWezq57oDmYZsJzDIMrhn56-6G2Ba8xTL5u0mJqvJ7AlLtCcU8yrmSCEcbZugflSTJkNMv8lM22Qf_oSxEoEY91VPNLaATs7b-En4F4fB1n8CXsYrI4-D_V_OwdOpEEMnZHQ4lIqJLQ-TzqphZBg=w545-h772-no

Corrected it for you mate - photo not photos.

2 i took and one from the website as I acknowledged at the time

Jealous much?

But they did win your heart though? Nope, neither did. You were as scathing about Ron's hoof it to undroppable Pellè and make weird subs era as you were about no plan b Poch as you are about boring Puel.

If the club did everything you suggest we'd have no players, manager, board or supporters.

Not trophies but koeman managed to get us to the group stages of europa , that was a fantastic achievement , there's no way we will repeat that under Puel who ultimately royally fuc*** that up, especially as that was one of big plus points of hiring him

Think youve got me confused with someone else mate? was a fairly big fan of Koeman even during his poor spell i saw the potential in the play style and effort. Similar with Pelle i rated him quite highly

Have a look around see if you can find and share some posts to backup your BS

Happy new year mate.

Anyway questions for Les?

Not trophies but koeman managed to get us to the group stages of europa , that was a fantastic achievement , there's no way we will repeat that under Puel who ultimately royally fuc*** that up, especially as that was one of big plus points of hiring him

Your point is valid. To be fair I am not at all happy with the tepid football and poor results but I'm fed up with some of the posters around here who like to rewrite history about how great it was under other managers when all they did was castigate them the same way they castigate Puel now. There are some emotional loonies on here but there are about ten posters who are here doing their best to troll and rile up other posters for kicks. We all know exactly who they are.

Think youve got me confused with someone else mate? was a fairly big fan of Koeman even during his poor spell i saw the potential in the play style and effort. Similar with Pelle i rated him quite highly

Have a look around see if you can find and share some posts to backup your BS

Happy new year mate.

Anyway questions for Les?

Yawn! Textbook trolling.

We've played 28 matches so far this season on the back of a shorter preseason due to Euros.

We've had the least shots on target against us of all clubs, ruined by a keeper incapable of making saves.

We're 6th best for shots on target, ruined by our best striker injured and the rest of our attacking players incapable of shooting well.

Both shots for and against are better than under Koeman last season. Too many of our players are just in garbage form probably down to all the matches and rotation.

I admire your loyalty and agree he has to be given more time, but citing reaching a LC semi as some sort of badge of honour is, considering the 3 teams we eliminated, a tad fanciful. If by a miracle we manage to win through to the Final then come back to me.

Hey we can only beat what the draw gives us ............ thats exactly what all european competitions should revert back to ,2 legs whoever comes out the hat.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Les,

I saw you once in M&S, chatting to some bloke near the 'slacks'.

Can you please explain the 'motivation' for 'team belief' when rotation (unnecessary after the Europa Balls-Up) destroys the confidence of a player? Why bother to play well if you're dropped in the Puel Salad Spinner?

Yours sincerely

Channon's Sideburns (in the shoe aisle)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Given that apparently only one Saints player (Josh Sims) was represented by Midas between Jan 2016 and Dec 2017 they aren't doing to well with the incentives. You might want to find another target to wave your pitchfork at.

So if they are incompetent and taking advantage we should overlook it?

1 or 100 if there is wrongdoing then questions should be asked.