Watford v Spurs

washsaint

Watching this game makes me somewhat jealous. Looking at the way Spurs attack with numbers at pace and always seem to have 5+ players in the box when a cross comes in. Midfielders making runs and making space.

Everything we are not under Puel. I wish Puel would watch this style of play and recognize this is what is needed (as we have done for the past 4 years) rather than the dull, negative, tripe he is serving up with a 'safety first' approach. As has been proven in the past we have the players that can make us successful.

Is it really true that Puel defended only having 1 or 2 players in the box when a cross comes in as the midfield had to be set to prepare to defend a counter attack? If so, this just about sums up the reign of Puel.

Losing games is OK - playing not to lose and losing is a different matter entirely.

We are s***e - 2 shots on goal in 2 home games is unacceptable.

I know they have had one extra days rest, but am I right in saying they have made only two changes?

They’ve made a few changes. Trippier in for Walker, Son in for Sissoko. Dier moved to midfield to replace Dembele. Toby back to replace Jan Vertongen.

would love poch back and us playing attacking football again.

we r so ****e at the moment,

cant believe we've gone from the performance against Bournemouth to the last couple of performances.

not looking forward to tomorrow

Is this the same "no plan b" Poch that the usual suspects were moaning about when he was here?

Is this the same "no plan b" Poch that the usual suspects were moaning about when he was here?

Yep. "Sideways passing", "pretty possession ********", "no plan B", "threw away the Cup at Sunderland" etc.

There's a lot of history re-writing going on.

The fact is, the only players in our best XI with a hope in hell of getting into Spurs best XI are Virgil, Bertrand and maybe Boufal.

PS. That's not to say Poch isn't a better coach than Puel but painting the last four years as some sort of glorious parade of attacking football is utter nonsense.

There were matches last season when we could barely string two passes together.

PS. That's not to say Poch isn't a better coach than Puel but painting the last four years as some sort of glorious parade of attacking football is utter nonsense.

There were matches last season when we could barely string two passes together.

This is true. Let's just start by getting more shots on target.

Watching this game makes me somewhat jealous. Looking at the way Spurs attack with numbers at pace and always seem to have 5+ players in the box when a cross comes in. Midfielders making runs and making

Is it really true that Puel defended only having 1 or 2 players in the box when a cross comes in as the midfield had to be set to prepare to defend a counter attack? If so, this just about sums up the reign of Puel.

I highlighted the comment he made yesterday,it's from the Solent post match interview,so it can still be listened to. Funnily enough I watched The Spurs game and was thinking we'd wouldn't score a goal like their second as when they recovered the ball just inside the Watford half Spurs still had men committed forward and had options, I think that's something we miss.

My view on Puel's is I haven't warmed to him ,but we need to give him the season and judge him in May.However I have a feeling he could be under huge pressure by the end of January if we go out of both cups.

I understand your input just why the thread is on the SFC part of the forum

its hard to work out who's more annoying you or Glasgow, in fact sometimes I wonder if you are not just another one of his persona's. Talking about a player who has been linked wth Saints whilst playing in a team who Saints just played whilst being managed by a former Saints manager. Yes ,come to think of it why mention it on a Saints forum.

its hard to work out who's more annoying you or Glasgow, in fact sometimes I wonder if you are not just another one of his persona's. Talking about a player who has been linked wth Saints whilst playing in a team who Saints just played whilst being managed by a former Saints manager. Yes ,come to think of it why mention it on a Saints forum.

Perhaps the title should give you a clue as to the relevance its called "Watford v Spurs not a player... hth