Everton v Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

JWP and Redmond starting.

Given up before the first kick, it seems.

And Boufal being on the bench despite it being his last game before AFCON just shows this is bloody-minded dogmatic rotation for rotation's sake.

Puel out

Here's the only rallying cry the Saints need.

SportsnationHD has let me down for the first time. HD stream is too jumpy to watch, standard stream is just a green screen except for a strip at the top.

No that HD stream is fine. The players are just a bit jumpy after coach Alpine's team talk and first training session.

Cedric has to be the softest player we've had this decade... rested every other game (sometimes more) and can't take a challenge without sporting some sort of headwear or going off.

Massive gaping wound on the back of his head apparently, but let's have a go anyway. Second time he's got an injury like that this season I believe - shows commitment to my mind.

Well that didn´t stop Terry Butcher did it - players these days are so soft.... ; )

Massive gaping wound on the back of his head apparently, but let's have a go anyway. Second time he's got an injury like that this season I believe - shows commitment to my mind.

In all honesty, him sliding the way he did and injuring himself, should no longer be possible at a PL ground. I know that accidents can and will happen, but having a brick wall so close to the goal line is a little silly.

What a ridiculuos match thread. Ottowa and ALWAYS have appointed themselves thread-Stasi and are jumping on any dissenters as soon as they post

Ridiculous isn't it. People actually supporting the team and not moaning!! Who would believe it of supporters??

In all honesty, him sliding the way he did and injuring himself, should no longer be possible at a PL ground. I know that accidents can and will happen, but having a brick wall so close to the goal line is a little silly.

proper ground thought innit.

even more proper because it is in Liverpool....special and all that