Everton fans

USA SaintsFan

Talked with a few online after the match, and they seem to think that we were the worst to come to Goodison and never sung (which was clearly false as anyone in the away end could tell you) and that their **** atmosphere was because they expected to win and didn't bother to make noise. They apparently only create atmosphere in the big matches. Supposedly, we are a much lesser side and only beating us 3-0 was a disappointment according to one. Goes in line with the few who came on here rambling about Koeman and "breaking the glass window."

I know this doesn't reperesent most Everton fans but they do seem to be a strange bunch.

Talked with a few online after the match, and they seem to think that we were the worst to come to Goodison and never sung (which was clearly false as anyone in the away end could tell you) and that their **** atmosphere was because they expected to win and didn't bother to make noise. They apparently only create atmosphere in the big matches. Supposedly, we are a much lesser side and only beating us 3-0 was a disappointment according to one. Goes in line with the few who came on here rambling about Koeman and "breaking the glass window."

I know this doesn't reperesent most Everton fans but they do seem to be a strange bunch.

you will get this everywhere. Home fans will generally say away fans are crap (and the other way around)

Everton are a weird club. Forever in the shadow of their city neighbours but the media like them (because they come from liverpool and have some cheeky-chappy fans)

they have an apparently 'proper old ground' that has proper 'character'

they are a club that are well below the top 6 but have ambitions to be one of them (dont we all)

I think we have to tip our collective hats to those long suffering fans who made the journey to Goodison Park

I have followed the Saints there on at least half a dozen occasions and the performances have been dire on every occasion

Remember one game when we had to play David McGoldrick and Leon Best upfront (both of them fresh out of the Youth team)

Don't think we had a sniff at goal. Nothing changes!!

To be fair they are right - They will think they should be beating Saints and have far more exciting games and rivalries that would generate a better atmosphere then against Saints. The atmosphere in the away "side" was not much better then the home ends yesterday.

Given we were evenly matched for over three quarters of the game that says as much about them as it does us.

teams fighting relegation go on about 'being in the game for 70 mins'

Heard the Hull manager on 5live earlier saying just that about their recent games

teams fighting relegation go on about 'being in the game for 70 mins'

Heard the Hull manager on 5live earlier saying just that about their recent games

Can't believe I need to explain this but here goes nothing....

To recap...

An Everton fan told 'USASaints Fan' that we were the worst team he has seen at Goodison this season. My observation is that Everton were unable to breakdown "the worst team at Goodison this season" and were only able to win as a result of our poor defending in the final quarter of the game. Ergo, the way the game panned out informs the observer as much about Everton's credentials as it does ours.

At no point was I suggesting that our ability to match Everton's performance for the first 70 minutes but not for the last 20 minutes is a good thing. Quite the opposite. I was simply observing that if Everton struggled to breakdown "the worst team at Goodison this season" then they will struggle more so against the other teams that have done, or will, play better than us at Goodison this season.

I guess the one interweb forum crime I could validly be accused of is stating the bleedin' obvious...

from going to games for about 30 years now I can confirm that Everton fans are by far the ugliest I have collectively ever seen.

and by quite some distance.

From a similar time scale I give you the skates....ugliest and least class of any league, anywhere....in the sh1ttiest ground too..

I also agree that we were as good as them for the majority of the game - what's to argue with? We do have to cut out the individual errors though - I throw that latter comment in as competition for Trousers in the 'stating the bleeding obvious' stakes!

They really don't care about us. But they come onto our forum.

They really don't care about us. But they obsess over taking our manager.

They really don't care about us. But they have to justify how **** both our support was.

They really don't care about us. But they were all over the saintsfc hashtag after the match.

They really don't care about us.....you see the picture.

Noddy club, noddy fans.

from going to games for about 30 years now I can confirm that Everton fans are by far the ugliest I have collectively ever seen.

and by quite some distance.

I remember a song we started there a few years ago towards one of their finest "we've got more teeth than you" to which he took offence, not sure why he only had about 3!

Remember one game when we had to play David McGoldrick and Leon Best upfront (both of them fresh out of the Youth team)

Don't think we had a sniff at goal. Nothing changes!!

boy did we look toothless that day. I ****ing hate games up there. We are woeful year after year.

No matter what they do, they'll always be the smallest of the four clubs in the North West and no, they're not going to break into the big 6 with any kind of permanency any more than say, Spurs will break into being regarded as one of the biggest 4 regardless of how high up the table they finish every odd season.

They're a very, very frustrated club.