Random crap players you really liked.

Monk

Alan Bennett.

Loaned to us for 6 months by Reading - remember these were the dark days - and 'starred' on his debut in our 4-1 home defeat by Palace

on the opening game of the 07-08 season. Culpable for at least 2 of their goals, the fans never forgave him.

Alan Bennett.

Loaned to us for 6 months by Reading - remember these were the dark days - and 'starred' on his debut in our 4-1 home defeat by Palace

on the opening game of the 07-08 season. Culpable for at least 2 of their goals, the fans never forgave him.

:lol: I remember watching him thinking he is not good enough for Sunday league, one of the worse players I've seen in a Saints shirt, and there have been a few bad ones.

I really wanted Tadinari Lee to come good, I remember watching him live at Watford when Rickie got his Hat-trick thinking he would be excellent.

Thought I'd dust off my old list of players that have been through these doors since relegation from the Prem.

A. SVENSSON

BERNARD

CAMARA

CROUCH

DAVENPORT

DODD

FERNANDES

JAKOBSEN

LE SAUX

NILSSON

PHILLIPS

REDKNAPP

TELFER

TESSEM

YAHIA

TEJERA

WISE

BLAYNEY

NIEMI

McCANN

St.JUSTE

WALCOTT

HAJTO

ORMEROD

McNEIL

M.MILLS

DELAP

QUASHIE

GRIFFIT

CHAPLOW (loan)

MADSEN

POTTER

KOSOWSKI

PAHARS

ANCALET

BRENNAN

KENTON

VAN DAMME

OAKLEY

SMITH

FOLLY

HIGGINBOTHAM

BLACKSTOCK

FULLER

SPARV

CRITCHELL

SARMIENTO

RICHARDS

RUDD

MILLER

PRUTTON

BELMADI

BALE

CONDESSA

GUTHRIE

BEST

CRANIE

BAIRD

SVENSSON

PELE

JONES

DAILLY

IFIL

METTOMO

BENNETT

O'HALLORAN

PEARCE (ian)

LUNDEKVAM

MAKIN

R. WRIGHT

VIGNAL

PERICARD

PERRY

LUCKETTI

HAMMILL

DUTTON-BLACK

OSTLUND

POWELL

WRIGHT

IDIAKEZ

LICKA

BASEYA

SAFRI

VIAFARA

A.DAVIES

PEKHART

ROBERTSON

PEARCE (alex)

CORK

Kyle Davies

GASMI

SKACEL

SMITH

Hatch

Imudia

LIPTAK

SAEIJS

DYER

SVENSSON

McGOLDRICK

SURMAN

WRIGHT-PHILLIPS

EUELL

JOHN

RASIAK

TROTMAN

MELLIS

PATERSON

SAGANOWSKI

OTSEMOBOR

Boyle

Dunford

GILLETT

JAMES

LANCASHIRE

McCLAGGON

MURTY

PERRY

POKE

THOMAS

THOMSON

WHITE

ANTONIO

WAIGO

Preen

MOLYNEUX

BIGNALL

WOTTON

SHEA

Jordace Holder-Spooner

lloyd foot

PULIS

Sam Argent

Ryan Tafazolli

McNish

Tony Garrod

N'GUESSAN

GOBERN

D.STEPHENS

CHAMBERLAIN

MILLS

Jack Saville

FALQUE

BIALKOWSKI

JAIDI

HOLMES

DOBLE

CONNOLLY

Harlee Dean

Aarran Racine

Dovey

HARDING

FORECAST

DICKSON

SEABORNE

Sam Hoskins

REEVES

RICHARDSON

BUTTERFIELD

Alberto Seidi

CHAPLOW

FORREN

DE RIDDER

HAMMOND

LEE

MARTIN

FOX

PUNCHEON

Corby Moore

BARNARD

FORTE

Do PRADO

Andy Robinson

Matt Young

Joe Curtis

LAMBERT

SHAW

LALLANA

LOVREN

CHAMBERS

SHARP

**TAIDER**

CORK

BORUC

HOOIVELD

CROPPER

Chris Johns

Omar Rowe

Jake Sinclair

Niall Mason

**ELIA**

**DJURICIC**

CLYNE

OSVALDO

**ALDERWEIRELD**

SCHNEIDERLIN

MAYUKA

**CAULKER**

Harry Isted

K.DAVIS

**STEKELENBURG**

RAMIREZ

Will Britt

JUANMI

WANYAMA

MANE

PELLE

Bevis Mugabe

TURNBALL

Josh Debayo

Chris Perry - his legs had gone but he put himself through it every week for us.

Antonio - I thought he had excellent potential, the forum genius's and the fans on the board knew better, one that got away.

Osvaldo - I didn't see much of him but he was always 'interesting', and that goal too - probably 3 years ahead of his time punching Fonte out as well.

PS I do realise we couldn't sign Antonio at the time.

:lol: I remember watching him thinking he is not good enough for Sunday league, one of the worse players I've seen in a Saints shirt, and there have been a few bad ones.

I really wanted Tadinari Lee to come good, I remember watching him live at Watford when Rickie got his Hat-trick thinking he would be excellent.

Despite what others would have you think the worst player i've ever seen wear the shirt wasn't Ali Dia (let's be honest he doesn't count) but Lee Todd.

Signed at the same time as Paul Jones i think Lee Todd had all the attributes of a player in the bottom divisions on a downward trajectory. A full back that made Clasie look like a giant, but coupled with the positional sense of an oil tanker and an ability to read the game second only to Stevie Wonder.

I remember seeing him in one particular game, away from home at Arsenal, having to "mark" Henry. He was absolutely torn to shreds and by the beginning of the second half it actually looked like Henry was taking pity on him because he realised just how sh*t he was.

Despite what others would have you think the worst player i've ever seen wear the shirt wasn't Ali Dia (let's be honest he doesn't count) but Lee Todd.

Signed at the same time as Paul Jones i think Lee Todd had all the attributes of a player in the bottom divisions on a downward trajectory. A full back that made Clasie look like a giant, but coupled with the positional sense of an oil tanker and an ability to read the game second only to Stevie Wonder.

I remember seeing him in one particular game, away from home at Arsenal, having to "mark" Henry. He was absolutely torn to shreds and by the beginning of the second half it actually looked like Henry was taking pity on him because he realised just how sh*t he was.

Mine was Pulis son...absolute sh1te....shouts at everyone but couldn't do a thing with the ball or without it.

De Ridder, Ostlund. Blackstock, Harding.

All fairly bad players but something quite loveable about them all.

I'll even put the legendary Jermaine Wright into the list!

However my all time favourite of the crap lot has to be Djemel Belmadi! Scored in the first ever Saints game I went to see, 2-0 win over Crewe on my 13th birthday. I know Quashie scored a penalty that game too but I don't remember which way round the goals were but either way he scored the first ever Saints goal from open play that I saw (in a competitive game). Loved him from then on even though he was fairly gash.

Chris Perry. Obviously not crap for all of his career but was at the very very very end when he came to us. Immense at times when most of our players were utter crap.

I was just about to say Perry. Was an underwhelming signing that actually turned out to be pretty good, particularly considering his stature for a CB.

Thought I'd dust off my old list of players that have been through these doors since relegation from the Prem.

A. SVENSSON

BERNARD

CAMARA

CROUCH

DAVENPORT

DODD

FERNANDES

JAKOBSEN

LE SAUX

NILSSON

PHILLIPS

REDKNAPP

TELFER

TESSEM

YAHIA

TEJERA

WISE

BLAYNEY

NIEMI

McCANN

St.JUSTE

WALCOTT

HAJTO

ORMEROD

McNEIL

M.MILLS

DELAP

QUASHIE

GRIFFIT

CHAPLOW (loan)

MADSEN

POTTER

KOSOWSKI

PAHARS

ANCALET

BRENNAN

KENTON

VAN DAMME

OAKLEY

SMITH

FOLLY

HIGGINBOTHAM

BLACKSTOCK

FULLER

SPARV

CRITCHELL

SARMIENTO

RICHARDS

RUDD

MILLER

PRUTTON

BELMADI

BALE

CONDESSA

GUTHRIE

BEST

CRANIE

BAIRD

SVENSSON

PELE

JONES

DAILLY

IFIL

METTOMO

BENNETT

O'HALLORAN

PEARCE (ian)

LUNDEKVAM

MAKIN

R. WRIGHT

VIGNAL

PERICARD

PERRY

LUCKETTI

HAMMILL

DUTTON-BLACK

OSTLUND

POWELL

WRIGHT

IDIAKEZ

LICKA

BASEYA

SAFRI

VIAFARA

A.DAVIES

PEKHART

ROBERTSON

PEARCE (alex)

CORK

Kyle Davies

GASMI

SKACEL

SMITH

Hatch

Imudia

LIPTAK

SAEIJS

DYER

SVENSSON

McGOLDRICK

SURMAN

WRIGHT-PHILLIPS

EUELL

JOHN

RASIAK

TROTMAN

MELLIS

PATERSON

SAGANOWSKI

OTSEMOBOR

Boyle

Dunford

GILLETT

JAMES

LANCASHIRE

McCLAGGON

MURTY

PERRY

POKE

THOMAS

THOMSON

WHITE

ANTONIO

WAIGO

Preen

MOLYNEUX

BIGNALL

WOTTON

SHEA

Jordace Holder-Spooner

lloyd foot

PULIS

Sam Argent

Ryan Tafazolli

McNish

Tony Garrod

N'GUESSAN

GOBERN

D.STEPHENS

CHAMBERLAIN

MILLS

Jack Saville

FALQUE

BIALKOWSKI

JAIDI

HOLMES

DOBLE

CONNOLLY

Harlee Dean

Aarran Racine

Dovey

HARDING

FORECAST

DICKSON

SEABORNE

Sam Hoskins

REEVES

RICHARDSON

BUTTERFIELD

Alberto Seidi

CHAPLOW

FORREN

DE RIDDER

HAMMOND

LEE

MARTIN

FOX

PUNCHEON

Corby Moore

BARNARD

FORTE

Do PRADO

Andy Robinson

Matt Young

Joe Curtis

LAMBERT

SHAW

LALLANA

LOVREN

CHAMBERS

SHARP

**TAIDER**

CORK

BORUC

HOOIVELD

CROPPER

Chris Johns

Omar Rowe

Jake Sinclair

Niall Mason

**ELIA**

**DJURICIC**

CLYNE

OSVALDO

**ALDERWEIRELD**

SCHNEIDERLIN

MAYUKA

**CAULKER**

Harry Isted

K.DAVIS

**STEKELENBURG**

RAMIREZ

Will Britt

JUANMI

WANYAMA

MANE

PELLE

Bevis Mugabe

TURNBALL

Josh Debayo

F*****g hell

Two from the past. Andy Rogers. Played 5 games in the early 80s. And David Madden from around the same time. He was so gifted but never really showed it.

Seems unlikely as Todd only played for Saints in 1997-98 and Henry didn't join Arsenal until 1999. Maybe another Arsenal player... Anelka perhaps?

(guessing it was this match http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/25505/7770624/arsenal-3-southampton-0)

I always thought Ian Andrews was a decent keeper.

There was a youngster who I thought was destined for great things but injury cut his career short - David Hughes.

Other mentions: Neil Maddison, David Prutton, Gerry Forrest, George Lawrence, Gordon Hobson, Colin Clarke,

Dave Jones always said that Todd's difficulty in adapting was one of his biggest surprises as he really thought he had what it took. It was pretty clear that after a game (or two?) he didn't though...