Random crap players you really liked.

Monk

Michael Stensgaard - I was brought the really dodgy blue and yellow goalkeeper kit as a kid remember him being my first panini sticker for Saints.. Never saw the bloke play and that he doesn't go anywhere near ironing boards now.

Mario Licka - Always thought he was underrated and under used. Looked okay, as for his missus WOW.

Agustin Delgado - I remember being at the evening Ipswich game he was presented at, always tried to sign him on Championship Manager and even had him on the back of a shirt!

Michael Stensgaard - I was brought the really dodgy blue and yellow goalkeeper kit as a kid remember him being my first panini sticker for Saints.. Never saw the bloke play and that he doesn't go anywhere near ironing boards now.

Mario Licka - Always thought he was underrated and under used. Looked okay, as for his missus WOW.

Agustin Delgado - I remember being at the evening Ipswich game he was presented at, always tried to sign him on Championship Manager and even had him on the back of a shirt!

He actually got on the bench for us on one occasion - I have a photo!!!!

Luis Boa Morte. Was one of my favourite non-Saints players, and then he signed for us. Always thought he was dangerous when he came on, but Hoddle would restrict that to the last 10 minutes of games. Obviously he went on to be pretty good at Fulham.

Edit: Maybe he wasn't "crap", but he was hardly used by Saints.

Tommy "widow" Widdrington, for no other reason than he was sh*t and scored a goal off his ar*e.

Not sure if he counts as sh*t but OOOOH Terry Hurlock was a favourite of mine, mainly for disguising GBH as a tackle (and being an absolute maniac in general).

Luis Boa Morte. Was one of my favourite non-Saints players, and then he signed for us. Always thought he was dangerous when he came on, but Hoddle would restrict that to the last 10 minutes of games. Obviously he went on to be pretty good at Fulham.

Edit: Maybe he wasn't "crap", but he was hardly used by Saints.

Great goal at Watford. Shame we lost.

Was that 3-2? I recall us losing to them the year they finished bottom and had Nordin Wooter playing for them. That name makes me think we shouldn't be restricted to Saints players :)

That's how I remember it. 28th December 1999 apparently.

Starting lineup:

Goalkeeper Paul Jones

Defender/Right backJason Dodd

Defender Francis Benali

Defender/Centre back Claus Lundekvam

Defender/Centre back Dean Richards

Midfielder Trond Egil Soltvedt

Midfielder Jo Tessem

Midfielder/Forward Luis Boa Morte

Midfielder/Forward Matt Le Tissier

Forward Kevin Davies

Forward Mark Hughes

http://www.11v11.com/matches/watford-v-southampton-28-december-1999-338/

Frankie Bennett!

I was there for his solitary, albeit brilliant, goal vs Chelsea!!

Frankie for me as well. I was at training at the Dell on the Monday before that game where he scored and none of the players could get near him he was so fast. Ken Monkou in particular was enthralled by his pace, making motorbike sounds as he ran past. He was rubbish with the ball thought!

we have the English version now in Redmond.......

This thread is about players thought to be crap but liked not about players you have an obsessive agenda about,

like you did with Pelle until he went, be the same if Redmond left you would tells us how we miss him

True hypocrisy