From What I've Been Told Today....

View From The Top

The can take or leave what you're about to read as bull or not I'm just simply passing on what I've been told.

I have no contacts at Saints, none, they all retired long ago, but I do have friends that work at PL clubs in the Midlands and NW, in non playing/coaching roles but involved with players to a lesser or greater extent. It's from them this comes. Their record is good as they told me, and I posted on here, weeks in advance, of the Shaw amd Morgan deals.

I'm guessing gossip travels quickly around clubs as players tend to mix in tight circles.

There was, apparently, a huge bust up after the WBA game, in which senior pros let rip at both Puel and Black, accusing them of being clueless and not up to the job. It almost came to punches being thrown.

Some senior pros have told the club, either sort it out, which I assume means get rid of Puel, or the players will leave and some have already instructed agents to see what's available elsewhere. This is perhaps where the Long to WBA or Long to WHU stuff has come from that's been in the press, but I'm just guessing at that.

As a result the Chairman had to speak to the players en-mass before the Everton game (I don't know if this means on the day of the game or before they travelled).

During and after the Everton game players ignored the manager and Black was told, in no uncertain terms, where to get off by 2 internationals in the changing room. All this in the presence of the chairman.

Now I cannot say for certain this is what has happened only that it's the gossip doing the rounds up here.

I'm not one for changing managers mid-season but if even some of what has been said is true then Puel is in trouble.

As I've said, take it or leave it, call it bull, but it's what I've been told today.

Why the long wait?

I would have had him out by halloween. Just night the right fit for us.

how long before press stories start to link Bertrand with other clubs. Liverpool have been following him for ages and need a good left back!!

Edited by Batman

The can take or leave what you're about to read as bull or not I'm just simply passing on what I've been told.

I have no contacts at Saints, none, they all retired long ago, but I do have friends that work at PL clubs in the Midlands and NW, in non playing/coaching roles but involved with players to a lesser or greater extent. It's from them this comes. Their record is good as they told me, and I posted on here, weeks in advance, of the Shaw amd Morgan deals.

I'm guessing gossip travels quickly around clubs as players tend to mix in tight circles.

There was, apparently, a huge bust up after the WBA game, in which senior pros let rip at both Puel and Black, accusing them of being clueless and not up to the job. It almost came to punches being thrown.

Some senior pros have told the club, either sort it out, which I assume means get rid of Puel, or the players will leave and some have already instructed agents to see what's available elsewhere. This is perhaps where the Long to WBA or Long to WHU stuff has come from that's been in the press, but I'm just guessing at that.

As a result the Chairman had to speak to the players en-mass before the Everton game (I don't know if this means on the day of the game or before they travelled).

During and after the Everton game players ignored the manager and Black was told, in no uncertain terms, where to get off by 2 internationals in the changing room. All this in the presence of the chairman.

Now I cannot say for certain this is what has happened only that it's the gossip doing the rounds up here.

I'm not one for changing managers mid-season but if even some of what has been said is true then Puel is in trouble.

As I've said, take it or leave it, call it bull, but it's what I've been told today.

I think Long has a ****ing cheek if what you say is true

1 PL league goal all season I hope he goes soon and we can get in a decent consistent striker

If true, Puel/Black have now lost the players & Fans and it's really time to call it a day.

It's a shame as Puel seems like a classy & decent bloke.

Puel not getting a response from players so there could well be some truth to it. Lack of senior players fronting up post match on Monday spoke volumes.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Virgil has not been shy in telling the camera's that the players are 'struggling' (or what ever) to the new system.

Something up with Fonte, Long being linked away, Hoj with a visible falling out and dropped from the squad completely. Bertrand 'ill' the other day and sat on the bench

:lol:

Need to a clean sweep. Get rid of Puel, Black etc and get in a proper team to play to the players strengths.

It is ok for SFC to accept we are just like the other clubs and don't get it right every time

Edited by Batman

Always easy for the manager to get the blame.

The players should look at themselves. 1 goal all season for Long is pathetic from him.

Say what you want about the manager's tactics, formation etc. but the players have to take responsibility too for the bad form.

I'm wondering, therefore, if Nigel Adkins's presence in the stands on Saturday was not a coincidence. Perhaps he's being lined up to take charge for the rest of the seasn, like Hiddink did for Chelsea last season. There would be a better calibre of managers available in the summer, if we do indeed to part company with Puel, rather than hire someone straight away.

Edited by Pamplemousse

Thanks for posting. It's plausible for sure but depends if it's an Armageddon relationship ending bust up or a team having a few heated words after some dropped points at home (which, to be fair, you'd expect after a performance like WBA).

The players should look at themselves. 1 goal all season for Long is pathetic from him.

Say what you want about the manager's tactics, formation etc. but the players have to take responsibility too for the bad form.

I'm wondering, therefore, if Nigel Adkins's presence in the stands on Saturday was not a coincidence. Perhaps he's being lined up to take charge for the rest of the seasn, like Hiddink did for Chelsea last season. There would be a better calibre of managers available in the summer, if we do indeed to part company with Puel.

so there is no point in having a manager then, as by your theory if we are doing really well it is down to the players. So Koeman and Poch were not any good?

I'm wondering, therefore, if Nigel Adkins's presence in the stands on Saturday was not a coincidence. Perhaps he's being lined up to take charge for the rest of the seasn, like Hiddink did for Chelsea last season. There would be a better calibre of managers available in the summer, if we do indeed to part company with Puel, rather than hire someone straight away.

Adkins has been a regular this season. I assuem he still lives down here.

Nice theory re Adkins but doesn't he come from Liverpool? Maybe a case of a local going to watch a team he was once closely associated with.

so there is no point in having a manager then, as by your theory if we are doing really well it is down to the players. So Koeman and Poch were not any good?

No, what I am saying is that the bad form isn't just down to the manager. The players need to up their game. After the first goal against Everton, the players capitulated. Why?

Of course, the manager should take some responsibility but it's not all his fault.

Although I don't see Adkins' return as a long term solution, he would be better, and get more out of the current squad than Puel and Black.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well if that is indeed what's happened, then Puel and Black's positions are virtually untenable and a change needs to be made.

Pretty p*ss poor from the senior pro's mind you - not exactly holding up their end of the bargain.

The parallels with our downfall to relegation are a little concerning. Sturrock got some ok results but the senior pros didn't like him and we suffered a few heavy defeats then we persevered too long with Wigley (the cheap option) and we were down. If this is true let's hope the board act quickly and make the right choice re replacing him. Might make sense to make a move given two of our options (supposedly) Silva and Rowett are linked to Hull.

If true, then despite my support in another thread I’d say Puels position may soon become untenable. I can’t recall any time a manager has turned it around after supposedly losing the dressing room. Not even Mourinho could survive it last year with Chelsea.

Do wonder which senior pro’s they could be talking about though. Long for being behind both Austin and JRod in the pecking order despite his record last season? A Bertrand or Davis not liking being rotated so much? My money would be on Fonte though, being benched or left out entirely for the Europa games and still not getting a decent run of games in the league must irk him something terrible especially being that he just came off such a great summer.

I doubt the players are going to stand-by whilst some clown (and his assistant) put in place training methods, standards and tactics that will collectively aid their careers to hit a downward turn.

if that is what they think.

We now have a team full of internationals and will demand that sort of standard I suspect

This does not bode well for the rest of the season.....whoever said supporting Saints was dull:lol:

I won't get too down in the dumps about this as there is no point....there is nothing i can do to change things and generally speaking nothing we fans can do as a whole....look at the last time fans on here championed a boycott or walking out of a game at a certain point:?

I will just wait to see how this all plays out

If true, then despite my support in another thread I’d say Puels position may soon become untenable. I can’t recall any time a manager has turned it around after supposedly losing the dressing room. Not even Mourinho could survive it last year with Chelsea.

Do wonder which senior pro’s they could be talking about though. Long for being behind both Austin and JRod in the pecking order despite his record last season? A Bertrand or Davis not liking being rotated so much? My money would be on Fonte though, being benched or left out entirely for the Europa games and still not getting a decent run of games in the league must irk him something terrible especially being that he just came off such a great summer.

I read the OP as referring to Fonte, Long and Bertrand but obviously not clear. JRod also made noises about being frustrated at being rotated out when he needed games to find form post injury so could be him too. Hoping this isn't true in a way as I'm still not sure it would force Reed to pull the trigger and we won't get any decent results with a lame duck manager and a squad in revolt.

The club has made massive progress the last few years, a few bumps were probably inevitable.

Seems to me like Reed was looking for the safe approach this summer and went for Puel as hes a bit older and has shown loyalty in the past to a club (17 years at Monaco) probably hoped hed do well and we could keep hold of him long-term.

Failure i can live with its the not trying i can't handle and given our position 8th, 7th and 6th last few years Reed should have been more brave, trusted himself a bit more. NOT taken a 7 iron off the tee on a par 5.

Puel and Black were never the golden ticket - a manager with zero trophies in 16 years and the ex Rotherham coach.... Give me strength FFS

We gambled, we lost - lets pick ourselves up and move on (without Puel n his mate Black)

C'est la vie

Edited by Heisenberg

I'm very much in the Puel to remain camp until then end of the season to see where we finish. Knee jerk reactions don't help anyone and it is easy to do that after 3 defeats, but I was told from someone who was at the Saints Christmas dinner after the win against Bournemouth that when puel was making a speech, bertrand, fonte and Redmond were laughing and taking the p1ss out of him. He doesn't seem to gain the respect of the players. Maybe he should take on board what the players have to say and see if it makes any difference. A couple of wins and a cup win against Liverpool and moods will change.

Given what i've heard about Fonte's attitude to the club at the moment (pretty much directly from the horses mouth) i'd assume he's most likely to be involved in this. I'd be surprised by Bertrand to be honest, apparently him and Steven Davis are two of the more sensible, level headed players in the squad (although i heard the same about Hojbjerg and he didn't react well the other day). Have heard rumblings about VVD being a bit "jonny big boll*cks", but would be surprised if it was him too.

Anyway if there's truth in this then it's an open and shut case and Puel has to go, and that's from someone that supports him and thinks he should be given more time.

I watched the Everton Highlights again today, and Blackmore did mention that Ralph addressed the players on the pitch before the game, which is unusual to say the least. It could have been noticed by others and lead to the story above.

The Bertrand thing as strange, if he was ill then he should not have been on the bench. If he was ill bit had 20 minutes in him, then he should have come on with 20 to go to give more cover for McQueen.

If they were not listening to the bench, then Fonte should have ordered JWP or Redmond to pick up Coleman in the last 20, when everyone could see that he was the danger.

The club has made massive progress the last few years, a few bumps were probably inevitable.

Seems to me like Reed was looking for the safe approach this summer and went for Puel as hes a bit older and has shown loyalty in the past to a club (17 years at Monaco) probably hoped hed do well and we could keep hold of him long-term.

Failure i can live with its the not trying i can't handle and given our position 8th, 7th and 6th last few years Reed should have been more brave, trusted himself a bit more. NOT taken a 7 iron off the tee on a par 5.

Puel and Black were never the golden ticket - a manager with zero trophies in 16 years and the ex Rotherham coach.... Give me strength FFS

We gambled, we lost - lets pick ourselves up and move on (without Puel n his mate Black)

C'est la vie

you can still slice a 7 iron off the tee, in fact he was brave and a gamble by going for Puel. You are contradicting yourself really, as it would have been easier to go for a big name, a big tee shot with the driver, he has hit the middle of the fairway with the last few but clearly we are looking for our ball in the Hockley rough at the moment. Keoman hit the rough this time last year but pretty much chipped it when he found his ball.

The main reason Puel has been bought in is for stability and to bring through the youth players. However we do not know how much Les will hold his nerve as Puel has done it in France but this is the PL. Or do we want Koeman like with no interest in succession planning?

That aside , the style of play and entertainment value has to be better than this. LIsten two or three wins on the bounce and in the top 8, Puel becomes the masterful one again...

Whats Marcelino up to at the moment, similar sort of project.

Left Villareal after disagreement before the season after leading them into Europe and 4th in la liga after improving them every season.

http://en.as.com/en/2016/08/10/football/1470866058_859588.html

Rated above Conte and Poch according to 4-4-2 mag as the 14th best coach in the world.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2016-no14-marcelino?utm_m_medium=t

His tactics:

http://www.thetacticsroom.com/articles/2016/4/27/marcelinos-magic-at-el-madrigal-continues-to-guide-villarreal-to-glory

Edited by Convict Colony

The thing about Long rails against what he said to somebody that has a business near where Shane lives. It was some weeks ago but he said the players loved CP and he was the best he had played under!

Im not saying VFTT is wrong but the words were from Long himself.

Perhaps people are jumping at the conclusion both at Long is one of the unhappy players

There is clearly something not right.

Puel looks out of his depth now.

I just can't see him lasting until the end of the season.

Poch and Koeman at least ruled the dressing room.

Ralph is a ruthless person and I'm sure he will act before it's too late.

The thing about Long rails against what he said to somebody that has a business near where Shane lives. It was some weeks ago but he said the players loved CP and he was the best he had played under!

Im not saying VFTT is wrong but the words were from Long himself.

Perhaps people are jumping at the conclusion both at Long is one of the unhappy players

Whilst I don't doubt what you say, I'd be extremely surprised if Long thought CP was the best he's played under given his poor form and lack of game time. Who knows though?

Whilst I don't doubt what you say, I'd be extremely surprised if Long thought CP was the best he's played under given his poor form and lack of game time. Who knows though?
that's what he said, but things may have deteriated since. I did post the comments up just after I was told some weeks ago

I

The only bump with this is that I've also heard one or two players talking Puel up, though that's in interviews and phone-ins.

Austin was singing his praises a month or so ago. Said he's very quiet to camera and one to one, but is anything but in training and on the side of the pitch. Certainly, I've seen him up and about and positively charged, as opposed to Koeman who seemed to have a flat battery.

I'm not sure what to think, but my gut feeling (and I'm in the 'Remain' camp) is that it's probably true. There's too much to make up, and if it is true, then keeping him and EB on until the end of the season is risky business.

It's been up, up, up since 2009. There was bound to be a hiccup somewhere along the way. Hope it's just Chinese whispers and there's nothing to it, but Puel needs to get this shown on the pitch.

I think Long has a ****ing cheek if what you say is true

1 PL league goal all season I hope he goes soon and we can get in a decent consistent striker

Or ....and 'm just playing devil's advocate here... he's ****ed off because the abject system that we play doesn't give him any opportunities for goalscoring?

Heard kind of similar at work today. Some bloke swears blind that he has some form of ITK with Van Dijk ( won't tell me how though )

Anyway, he said to me certain players have had enough, puel has lost the dressing room etc.

He said that the senior pros had a meeting yesterday and kelvin was present. Seems to think as well that VVD, fonte and long are all off this window..

Now, I think he's talking out his arsehole, the only thing that I guess gives him some credit is the story about longs attitude.

Who knows? Onto Norwich this weekend

C'est la vie

3.6/10.

Daly_gut_narrowweb__300x414,0.jpg

Equally suprised if Long kicked off after the one game he has scored in and was lucky to start given how **** he has been this season.

These type of stories always come around after a poor run. Might be true, might not be, but it won't change much.

Reed has never sacked a Manager whilst he has been 'in charge' at Saints. To do so now would mean admitting he personally made a poor decision, which he won't do unless it is a last resort option and we are not being relegated despite how poor we have been for the most part this season.

Equally suprised if Long kicked off after the one game he has scored in and was lucky to start given how **** he has been this season.

These type of stories always come around after a poor run. Might be true, might not be, but it won't change much.

Reed has never sacked a Manager whilst he has been 'in charge' at Saints. To do so now would mean admitting he personally made a poor decision, which he won't do unless it is a last resort option and we are not being relegated despite how poor we have been for the most part this season.

Was he not there under Pardew and Adkins?

Ultimately the club's value is in the playing squad so I suspect player power will prevail if this is true. As others have said, not even Mourinho survived once he'd lost the dressing room.

If true this needs to be dealt with shiftly to avoid a few hard years of work unravelling pretty quickly. We're not Chelsea and can't afford to ditch a season through players revolting against the manager. Rightly or wrongly, Puel will have to go.

Ultimately the club's value is in the playing squad so I suspect player power will prevail if this is true. As others have said, not even Mourinho survived once he'd lost the dressing room.

Yes indeed. You can either change the management or change the squad. Changing the management is cheaper.

Was he not there under Pardew and Adkins?

He was there but not 'in charge' and almost certainly didn't sack those Managers.

Reed will have known we were going to struggle to be 7th or above. He won't sack a Manager who is securely midtable as it will shatter the illusions he has built up of Saints as a model club in terms of recruitment and succession planning.

Puel will not be sacked at this stage IMO.