Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 550 of 1486

Thread: Fonte Joins West Ham - £8m Official

  1. #501

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh G's this is golden. Kermit calls King Reed a liar and the happies are now threatening him with defamation and hounding him for retractions.....

    Les has told a few porkies in his time - his latest being VVD is not for sale - you then have all the he said, she said regards the timing of the Fonte transfer request and his supposide £80k a week contract which Fonte denied receiving.

    We dont know all the ins and outs, but to make out Reed is whiter than white is ridiculous

    You dont read many great things about Les, unless its a planted DM type Saints advert

    Monk and Vman both have issues with him too and presume they know him/of him more than most on here

    This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

    I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

    I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

    And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

    I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

    As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.
    Last edited by Hamilton Saint; 10-01-2017 at 03:13 PM.

  2. #502

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    8,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

    I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

    I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

    And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

    I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

    As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.
    I think maybe Heisenknob is suffering from Post truth syndrome quite common on here whereby whatever he thinks or feels is completely correct a various dangerous condition as it is not based on fact evidence or reality

  3. #503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

    I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

    I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

    And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

    I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

    As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.

  4. #504

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,235

    Default

    (QUOTE) 'As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.[/QUOTE]

    Rather well said and I humbly agree. Far too lucid and intellectually written though, no place for that kind of prose on this site

  5. #505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

    I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

    I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

    And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

    I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

    As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.
    Good post.

  6. #506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

    I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

    I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

    And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

    I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

    As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.
    A truly excellent post

  7. #507

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Commuting between Never Never Land and a Pie in the Sky
    Posts
    13,616
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

    I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

    I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

    And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

    I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

    As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.

  8. #508

    Default

    Reed said Saints had the best midfield group in EPL July 2016. Factually and statistically untrue!!!!! He gave a bighead opinion, not fact.
    He also said that "prowsey" has improved recently. Statistically untrue.

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Do you have some examples of Reed lying through his teeth? I can't think of any.

  9. #509

    Default

    Not ITK in anyway, and don't claim to be, however I'm sometimes given some snippets (generally nothing major, especially in terms of transfers) from various people I know who know people that work for the club other who know players / players family ect...

    Apparently 4 English clubs have expressed interest in Jose, 2 London and 2 northern clubs. Info a bit vague however this comes from a source close to Fonte (and not related to the club) and I have no reason to doubt that this isn't true as the person involved has no interest in football or saints.

    I don't know if this interest means that anyone has approached the club or if its just his agent trying to find him a new club and someone has said they're interested (this would be my guess).

    My guess would be Palace, Everton, United and possibly West Ham (although we'd have already heard on SSN if it was them).

  10. #510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

    I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

    I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

    And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

    I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

    As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.
    Honestly, those that respond to Glasgow are as bad he is. He is trolling you, and you responding to him is falling into his trap.

    I'm not really sure how many times people need to be told - don't feed the troll!!

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Not ITK in anyway, and don't claim to be, however I'm sometimes given some snippets (generally nothing major, especially in terms of transfers) from various people I know who know people that work for the club other who know players / players family ect...

    Apparently 4 English clubs have expressed interest in Jose, 2 London and 2 northern clubs. Info a bit vague however this comes from a source close to Fonte (and not related to the club) and I have no reason to doubt that this isn't true as the person involved has no interest in football or saints.

    I don't know if this interest means that anyone has approached the club or if its just his agent trying to find him a new club and someone has said they're interested (this would be my guess).

    My guess would be Palace, Everton, United and possibly West Ham (although we'd have already heard on SSN if it was them).
    I would be much happier if he goes to China.

  12. #512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry12 View Post
    Reed said Saints had the best midfield group in EPL July 2016. Factually and statistically untrue!!!!! He gave a bighead opinion, not fact.
    He also said that "prowsey" has improved recently. Statistically untrue.
    Statistics show he has improved. Was very good in the Europa league (according to statistics) and has slightly improved in the Premier League this season.

    Weird how people twist what Les Reed actually said. Didn't he say he believes we have some of the best midfield options? Without factoring form, Romeu, Clasie, JWP, Hojbjerg, Davis and Reed would be extremely good options in the middle of the park for any team.

    Weird how saying "I believe something" could be called a "lie" though.

  13. #513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    I would be much happier if he goes to China.
    Yep agree, personally I reckon he's holding out for united, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Everton if no further options arise..

    I know it's been touched on here before but a number of players (Fonte, Long & Bertrand) aren't happy with the management (well Eric Black) and they had a bust up with him following the wba game.

    Not saying this would have made any difference to the fonte situation, but surely the club need to act if senior players don't like the assistant

  14. #514

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
    Posts
    14,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry12 View Post
    Reed said Saints had the best midfield group in EPL July 2016. Factually and statistically untrue!!!!! He gave a bighead opinion, not fact.
    He also said that "prowsey" has improved recently. Statistically untrue.
    Well its football so if Les said he thinks we have the best midfield in the PL its his opinion so it's not actually a lie any less than if I say I think we have the best defender in the league in Yoshida. Same with JWP if people think he has improved as player its an opinion not a lie. You have ever right to think he and I are bonkers but were not liars*




    * ok I'm a lair Yoshida

  15. #515

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
    Posts
    14,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Honestly, those that respond to Glasgow are as bad he is. He is trolling you, and you responding to him is falling into his trap.

    I'm not really sure how many times people need to be told - don't feed the troll!!
    yeah but sometimes its fun to poke them with a sharp stick....

  16. #516

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
    Posts
    14,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Not ITK in anyway, and don't claim to be, however I'm sometimes given some snippets (generally nothing major, especially in terms of transfers) from various people I know who know people that work for the club other who know players / players family ect...

    Apparently 4 English clubs have expressed interest in Jose, 2 London and 2 northern clubs. Info a bit vague however this comes from a source close to Fonte (and not related to the club) and I have no reason to doubt that this isn't true as the person involved has no interest in football or saints.

    I don't know if this interest means that anyone has approached the club or if its just his agent trying to find him a new club and someone has said they're interested (this would be my guess).

    My guess would be Palace, Everton, United and possibly West Ham (although we'd have already heard on SSN if it was them).
    It seems strange that he handed in a transfer request without a deal already agreed on his end.

  17. #517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Well its football so if Les said he thinks we have the best midfield in the PL its his opinion so it's not actually a lie any less than if I say I think we have the best defender in the league in Yoshida. Same with JWP if people think he has improved as player its an opinion not a lie. You have ever right to think he and I are bonkers but were not liars*



    * ok I'm a lair Yoshida
    Yoshida will be the best defender in the league before 'Prowsey' gets anywhere near being good enough to play at this level. I'm not lying

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    It seems strange that he handed in a transfer request without a deal already agreed on his end.
    Didnt he hand in a transfer request in the summer? Some ITK postee that i think? Perhaps he did have a deal lined up innthe summer and we declined?

    Now we are perhaps ready to listen to offers?

  19. #519

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
    Posts
    14,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Didnt he hand in a transfer request in the summer? Some ITK postee that i think? Perhaps he did have a deal lined up innthe summer and we declined?

    Now we are perhaps ready to listen to offers?
    Maybe there was some truth to the Man U rumours and Fonte got burned when it never materialised and now no one is interested at the price we want........... expect a desperate Palace to bid 25 million on the last day of the window..

  20. #520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Maybe there was some truth to the Man U rumours and Fonte got burned when it never materialised and now no one is interested at the price we want........... expect a desperate Palace to bid 25 million on the last day of the window..
    I reckon there was some united interest in the summer and Fonte then said he wanted to leave. Move never materialised but united interest remained (Jensen no EL games so not cup tied). I don't reckon fonte is there main target and more of a fall back option. He could be very disappointed come the end of Jan and palace could be his only option.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Didnt he hand in a transfer request in the summer? Some ITK postee that i think? Perhaps he did have a deal lined up innthe summer and we declined?

    Now we are perhaps ready to listen to offers?
    Yes in the summer. Les apparently held on to it to use in this window, much to Fonte's astonishment

  22. #522

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Honestly, those that respond to Glasgow are as bad he is. He is trolling you, and you responding to him is falling into his trap.

    I'm not really sure how many times people need to be told - don't feed the troll!!
    I am as bad as he is? Really? What a strange transvaluation of values there is on social media.

    If he is evidently a troll, then presumably—given the comprehensive list of rules laid out by the administrators of this forum—he should have been removed from this forum long ago.

    I come on here virtually every day (what fool me?) looking for information and intelligent opinion about my favourite football team, and I have to wade through the BS of the same smallish group who seem to infect, and dominate, every thread. Not surprising that I lose it occasionally.

    So, if I do break down once in a blue moon and respond to one of these fellows, you ought to sympathize, rather than criticize.


  23. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Maybe there was some truth to the Man U rumours and Fonte got burned when it never materialised and now no one is interested at the price we want........... expect a desperate Palace to bid 25 million on the last day of the window..
    Would work for us saw odds on him signing for Palace did drop last few days so who knows

    Quote Originally Posted by London Nick View Post
    Yes in the summer. Les apparently held on to it to use in this window, much to Fonte's astonishment
    Thanks for confirming London - odd that Reed has only released this now? Any explanation?

  24. #524

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    I feel honoured, I reckon, to be associated with such an impressive specimen!

  25. #525

    Default

    Won't be going to Palace. Reed said just last week that we only let people go to the top clubs.

  26. #526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Won't be going to Palace. Reed said just last week that we only let people go to the top clubs.
    Not sure he said that about Jose.

    Fonte could well be a Jack Cork style flogging now Les has said he is available to anyone who pays the fee we want and we have a replacement.

  27. #527

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    27,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    I am as bad as he is? Really? What a strange transvaluation of values there is on social media.

    If he is evidently a troll, then presumably—given the comprehensive list of rules laid out by the administrators of this forum—he should have been removed from this forum long ago.

    I come on here virtually every day (what fool me?) looking for information and intelligent opinion about my favourite football team, and I have to wade through the BS of the same smallish group who seem to infect, and dominate, every thread. Not surprising that I lose it occasionally.

    So, if I do break down once in a blue moon and respond to one of these fellows, you ought to sympathize, rather than criticize.

    May I politely suggest that you're probably looking in the wrong place sir. As an experienced , regular contributor to this forum I am surprised it has taken you so long to realise. In addition if you "lose it" and "break down" about things written on anonymous football forum then perhaps they aren't the place for you.

  28. Default

    I'd forgotten Everton paid £12m for 32 year old Ashley Williams.

    I reckon they would go to £10m for Fonte.

    No surprise they've finally agreed a fee with Utd for Morgan after Koeman gave the board a rocket the other day.

  29. #529

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    May I politely suggest that you're probably looking in the wrong place sir. As an experienced , regular contributor to this forum I am surprised it has taken you so long to realise. In addition if you "lose it" and "break down" about things written on anonymous football forum then perhaps they aren't the place for you.
    Well, of course, I wouldn't be looking for such from you.

    And the figurative expressions "losing it" and "breaking down", which I used, were not intended to be taken literally.

    And, yes, perhaps it is the anonymity of a football forum that goes to people's heads and turns them into malicious trolls or condescending *****s. I have always been sincere and honest in my communications—even though it often puts me at odds with the general tone of this place. And, yes, I do look for information and intelligent opinion on here, which—despite what you say—can be found, interspersed amidst the drivel and BS.

  30. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    I would be much happier if he goes to China.
    Heisenberg?

  31. #531

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    8,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Reed said we had the best midfield options in the league, defend that one in court!
    So when fans sing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!" We are infact making a defamatory remark about clubs like Rangers and Benfica, who are statistically the most successful?

  32. #532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    So when fans sing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!" We are infact making a defamatory remark about clubs like Rangers and Benfica, who are statistically the most successful?
    No they are taking the p. Are you saying Les is taking the p?

  33. #533

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I remember when this website was all fields
    Posts
    5,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    So when fans sing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!" We are infact making a defamatory remark about clubs like Rangers and Benfica, who are statistically the most successful?
    Oh Lordy, we're in for it now. I'm off to the hills to lie low till it all blows over.

  34. #534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    So when fans sing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!" We are infact making a defamatory remark about clubs like Rangers and Benfica, who are statistically the most successful?
    Add Pompey fans to that list, who still sing about 'sending us down'

  35. #535

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    8,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cellone View Post
    No they are taking the p. Are you saying Les is taking the p?
    To an extent. He's bigging up his product, same as any boxing promoter, used car salesman, estate agent, etc. etc. How many DVDs have you bought with 'funniest film of the year', 'one of the best action movies ever', 'critics are calling it the biggest film of the decade' blah blah blah.

  36. #536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    I am as bad as he is? Really? What a strange transvaluation of values there is on social media.

    If he is evidently a troll, then presumably—given the comprehensive list of rules laid out by the administrators of this forum—he should have been removed from this forum long ago.

    I come on here virtually every day (what fool me?) looking for information and intelligent opinion about my favourite football team, and I have to wade through the BS of the same smallish group who seem to infect, and dominate, every thread. Not surprising that I lose it occasionally.

    So, if I do break down once in a blue moon and respond to one of these fellows, you ought to sympathize, rather than criticize.

    But all he wants is responses. If people ignored him, he'd go away. People who respond to him are encouraging him to continue.

    And don't mention the moderating, they're well aware of what he is, but he pays a fiver every year, sooo...

  37. #537

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    But all he wants is responses. If people ignored him, he'd go away. People who respond to him are encouraging him to continue.

    And don't mention the moderating, they're well aware of what he is, but he pays a fiver every year, sooo...
    No doubt he talks some ****, but the point of a forum is to elicit debate, not record consensus.

  38. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    No doubt he talks some ****, but the point of a forum is to elicit debate, not record consensus.
    Jeff is still bitter as he was banned (July 2013) when he posted as Dibden Perlieu saint.

    He went a bit loco and then begged to be let back on (on twitter) was hilarious but also 3.5 years ago and people move on (youd think)

    I largely just ignore him on here but youll notice he still blames me for his ban and seems to want "justice"

    Anyway..... Isnt this thread about FONTE not me or Kermit or Hamilton or defamation or Everton or Koeman or Dibden Perlieus 2013 perma ban.

  39. #539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Jeff is still bitter as he was banned (July 2013) when he posted as Dibden Perlieu saint.

    He went a bit loco and then begged to be let back on (on twitter) was hilarious but also 3.5 years ago and people move on (youd think)

    I largely just ignore him on here but youll notice he still blames me for his ban and seems to want "justice"

    Anyway..... Isnt this thread about FONTE not me or Kermit or Hamilton or defamation or Everton or Koeman or Dibden Perlieus 2013 perma ban.
    Perhaps you could find those tweets for me old boy?

    I seem to remember you got banned at the same time, but I'm not sure we can go into the reason you got banned considering the police had to get involved due to the unsavoury nature of some of your posts...and you losing it over PM.

    But you're correct, this is about Fonte.

  40. #540

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wokingham, Berkshire
    Posts
    7,449

    Default

    Please spare the rest of us and get back on topic.

  41. #541

    Default

    If Schneiderlin, at 27, is worth in excess of £20 million, and he hasn't really played much over the last 18 months.

    What is Fonte then worth ? He's been a regular first team player, until this season and won the European Championship - although he is 33. Has to be worth at least £15 million, don't you think?

  42. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red&white56 View Post
    If Schneiderlin, at 27, is worth in excess of £20 million, and he hasn't really played much over the last 18 months.

    What is Fonte then worth ?
    He's been a regular first team player, until this season and won the European Championship - although he is 33. Has to be worth at least £15 million, don't you think?
    We want £13m. I reckon we will take around £10m.

  43. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    We want £13m. I reckon we will take around £10m.
    Still seems a lot for a 33 year old CB. Are there any other notable cases of players of that age and position (& ability / contract length) moving for a similar amount?

  44. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Still seems a lot for a 33 year old CB. Are there any other notable cases of players of that age and position (& ability / contract length) moving for a similar amount?
    Ashley Williams to Everton for £12m.

    (Just to MLG-proof this post, he was 31 at the time, but was 32 a few days afterwards )
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 11-01-2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added MLG-Proof clarification

  45. #545

    Default

    The Ashley Williams comparison is very good. Nowhere near as good and Swansea still got £12m for him. Can see why Saints think that £13m for Fonte is fair.

  46. #546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    But all he wants is responses. If people ignored him, he'd go away. People who respond to him are encouraging him to continue.

    And don't mention the moderating, they're well aware of what he is, but he pays a fiver every year, sooo...
    Yes this. It's because he is frequently in a Dopamine loop.
    He has an addiction to reading responses to his messages whatever the initial content he writes is. He is also aroused by the unpredictable of the response which is why the posts tend to poke for a negative. Angry people are more likely to give an unpredictable response. This seeking behavior releases Dopamine which then gives him reward when responded to and satiates him temporarily. But the reward requires more effort the next time same as with addicts. Consequently his trolling will increase at an exponential rate until eventually he gets banned again.

    Trolls are just at the more severe end of the digital addict spectrum.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ter-and-google

    As for Fonte, thanks for the good times buddy, think they will forever be remembered as a Golden period of Saints FC history, good luck wherever you end up.

  47. #547

    Default

    Surprise West ham have allegedly bid 4m as per The Sun!!

  48. #548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Surprise West ham have allegedly bid 4m as per The Sun!!
    Way too low for a January transfer. 8-12mil is more around the mark.

  49. Default

    Ron, here's the link - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...er-jose-fonte/


    Test our resolve. For £4m?? Not much of a test. But good if there is WHU, CPFC, EFC and others circling. More interest should mean a better price.

  50. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Ron, here's the link - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...er-jose-fonte/


    Test our resolve. For £4m?? Not much of a test. But good if there is WHU, CPFC, EFC and others circling. More interest should mean a better price.
    Probably true. Their opening bids for players have been laughable so far.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •