Fonte Joins West Ham - £8m Official

Saints foreva

Oh G's this is golden. Kermit calls King Reed a liar and the happies are now threatening him with defamation and hounding him for retractions.....

Les has told a few porkies in his time - his latest being VVD is not for sale - you then have all the he said, she said regards the timing of the Fonte transfer request and his supposide £80k a week contract which Fonte denied receiving.

We dont know all the ins and outs, but to make out Reed is whiter than white is ridiculous

You dont read many great things about Les, unless its a planted DM type Saints advert

Monk and Vman both have issues with him too and presume they know him/of him more than most on here

This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.

Edited by Hamilton Saint

This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.

I think maybe Heisenknob is suffering from Post truth syndrome quite common on here whereby whatever he thinks or feels is completely correct a various dangerous condition as it is not based on fact evidence or reality

[emoji106]

(QUOTE) 'As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.

Rather well said and I humbly agree. Far too lucid and intellectually written though, no place for that kind of prose on this site :lol:

Good post.

A truly excellent post

Godi-giant-catfish.jpg

Reed said Saints had the best midfield group in EPL July 2016. Factually and statistically untrue!!!!! He gave a bighead opinion, not fact.

He also said that "prowsey" has improved recently. Statistically untrue.

Do you have some examples of Reed lying through his teeth? I can't think of any.

Not ITK in anyway, and don't claim to be, however I'm sometimes given some snippets (generally nothing major, especially in terms of transfers) from various people I know who know people that work for the club other who know players / players family ect...

Apparently 4 English clubs have expressed interest in Jose, 2 London and 2 northern clubs. Info a bit vague however this comes from a source close to Fonte (and not related to the club) and I have no reason to doubt that this isn't true as the person involved has no interest in football or saints.

I don't know if this interest means that anyone has approached the club or if its just his agent trying to find him a new club and someone has said they're interested (this would be my guess).

My guess would be Palace, Everton, United and possibly West Ham (although we'd have already heard on SSN if it was them).

Honestly, those that respond to Glasgow are as bad he is. He is trolling you, and you responding to him is falling into his trap.

I'm not really sure how many times people need to be told - don't feed the troll!!

Not ITK in anyway, and don't claim to be, however I'm sometimes given some snippets (generally nothing major, especially in terms of transfers) from various people I know who know people that work for the club other who know players / players family ect...

Apparently 4 English clubs have expressed interest in Jose, 2 London and 2 northern clubs. Info a bit vague however this comes from a source close to Fonte (and not related to the club) and I have no reason to doubt that this isn't true as the person involved has no interest in football or saints.

I don't know if this interest means that anyone has approached the club or if its just his agent trying to find him a new club and someone has said they're interested (this would be my guess).

My guess would be Palace, Everton, United and possibly West Ham (although we'd have already heard on SSN if it was them).

I would be much happier if he goes to China.

Reed said Saints had the best midfield group in EPL July 2016. Factually and statistically untrue!!!!! He gave a bighead opinion, not fact.

Statistics show he has improved. Was very good in the Europa league (according to statistics) and has slightly improved in the Premier League this season.

Weird how people twist what Les Reed actually said. Didn't he say he believes we have some of the best midfield options? Without factoring form, Romeu, Clasie, JWP, Hojbjerg, Davis and Reed would be extremely good options in the middle of the park for any team.

Weird how saying "I believe something" could be called a "lie" though.

I would be much happier if he goes to China.

Yep agree, personally I reckon he's holding out for united, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Everton if no further options arise..

I know it's been touched on here before but a number of players (Fonte, Long & Bertrand) aren't happy with the management (well Eric Black) and they had a bust up with him following the wba game.

Not saying this would have made any difference to the fonte situation, but surely the club need to act if senior players don't like the assistant

Well its football so if Les said he thinks we have the best midfield in the PL its his opinion so it's not actually a lie any less than if I say I think we have the best defender in the league in Yoshida. Same with JWP if people think he has improved as player its an opinion not a lie. You have ever right to think he and I are bonkers but were not liars*

* ok I'm a lair Yoshida :lol:

It seems strange that he handed in a transfer request without a deal already agreed on his end.

Well its football so if Les said he thinks we have the best midfield in the PL its his opinion so it's not actually a lie any less than if I say I think we have the best defender in the league in Yoshida. Same with JWP if people think he has improved as player its an opinion not a lie. You have ever right to think he and I are bonkers but were not liars*

* ok I'm a lair Yoshida :lol:

Yoshida will be the best defender in the league before 'Prowsey' gets anywhere near being good enough to play at this level. I'm not lying ;)

It seems strange that he handed in a transfer request without a deal already agreed on his end.

Didnt he hand in a transfer request in the summer? Some ITK postee that i think? Perhaps he did have a deal lined up innthe summer and we declined?

Now we are perhaps ready to listen to offers?

Didnt he hand in a transfer request in the summer? Some ITK postee that i think? Perhaps he did have a deal lined up innthe summer and we declined?

Maybe there was some truth to the Man U rumours and Fonte got burned when it never materialised and now no one is interested at the price we want........... expect a desperate Palace to bid 25 million on the last day of the window..

Maybe there was some truth to the Man U rumours and Fonte got burned when it never materialised and now no one is interested at the price we want........... expect a desperate Palace to bid 25 million on the last day of the window..

I reckon there was some united interest in the summer and Fonte then said he wanted to leave. Move never materialised but united interest remained (Jensen no EL games so not cup tied). I don't reckon fonte is there main target and more of a fall back option. He could be very disappointed come the end of Jan and palace could be his only option.

Yes in the summer. Les apparently held on to it to use in this window, much to Fonte's astonishment

Honestly, those that respond to Glasgow are as bad he is. He is trolling you, and you responding to him is falling into his trap.

I'm not really sure how many times people need to be told - don't feed the troll!!

I am as bad as he is? Really? What a strange transvaluation of values there is on social media.

If he is evidently a troll, then presumably—given the comprehensive list of rules laid out by the administrators of this forum—he should have been removed from this forum long ago.

I come on here virtually every day (what fool me?) looking for information and intelligent opinion about my favourite football team, and I have to wade through the BS of the same smallish group who seem to infect, and dominate, every thread. Not surprising that I lose it occasionally.

So, if I do break down once in a blue moon and respond to one of these fellows, you ought to sympathize, rather than criticize.

;)

Would work for us :) saw odds on him signing for Palace did drop last few days so who knows

Yes in the summer. Les apparently held on to it to use in this window, much to Fonte's astonishment

Thanks for confirming London - odd that Reed has only released this now? Any explanation?

Won't be going to Palace. Reed said just last week that we only let people go to the top clubs.

Not sure he said that about Jose.

Fonte could well be a Jack Cork style flogging now Les has said he is available to anyone who pays the fee we want and we have a replacement.

I am as bad as he is? Really? What a strange transvaluation of values there is on social media.

If he is evidently a troll, then presumably—given the comprehensive list of rules laid out by the administrators of this forum—he should have been removed from this forum long ago.

I come on here virtually every day (what fool me?) looking for information and intelligent opinion about my favourite football team, and I have to wade through the BS of the same smallish group who seem to infect, and dominate, every thread. Not surprising that I lose it occasionally.

So, if I do break down once in a blue moon and respond to one of these fellows, you ought to sympathize, rather than criticize.

;)

May I politely suggest that you're probably looking in the wrong place sir. As an experienced , regular contributor to this forum I am surprised it has taken you so long to realise. In addition if you "lose it" and "break down" about things written on anonymous football forum then perhaps they aren't the place for you.

May I politely suggest that you're probably looking in the wrong place sir. As an experienced , regular contributor to this forum I am surprised it has taken you so long to realise. In addition if you "lose it" and "break down" about things written on anonymous football forum then perhaps they aren't the place for you.

Well, of course, I wouldn't be looking for such from you. ;)

And the figurative expressions "losing it" and "breaking down", which I used, were not intended to be taken literally.

And, yes, perhaps it is the anonymity of a football forum that goes to people's heads and turns them into malicious trolls or condescending *****s. I have always been sincere and honest in my communications—even though it often puts me at odds with the general tone of this place. And, yes, I do look for information and intelligent opinion on here, which—despite what you say—can be found, interspersed amidst the drivel and BS.

Reed said we had the best midfield options in the league, defend that one in court!

So when fans sing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!" We are infact making a defamatory remark about clubs like Rangers and Benfica, who are statistically the most successful?

So when fans sing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!" We are infact making a defamatory remark about clubs like Rangers and Benfica, who are statistically the most successful?

No they are taking the p. Are you saying Les is taking the p?

Oh Lordy, we're in for it now. I'm off to the hills to lie low till it all blows over.

No they are taking the p. Are you saying Les is taking the p?

To an extent. He's bigging up his product, same as any boxing promoter, used car salesman, estate agent, etc. etc. How many DVDs have you bought with 'funniest film of the year', 'one of the best action movies ever', 'critics are calling it the biggest film of the decade' blah blah blah.

;)

But all he wants is responses. If people ignored him, he'd go away. People who respond to him are encouraging him to continue.

And don't mention the moderating, they're well aware of what he is, but he pays a fiver every year, sooo...

But all he wants is responses. If people ignored him, he'd go away. People who respond to him are encouraging him to continue.

And don't mention the moderating, they're well aware of what he is, but he pays a fiver every year, sooo...

No doubt he talks some ****, but the point of a forum is to elicit debate, not record consensus.

No doubt he talks some ****, but the point of a forum is to elicit debate, not record consensus.

Jeff is still bitter as he was banned (July 2013) when he posted as Dibden Perlieu saint.

He went a bit loco and then begged to be let back on (on twitter) was hilarious but also 3.5 years ago and people move on (youd think)

I largely just ignore him on here but youll notice he still blames me for his ban and seems to want "justice"

Anyway..... Isnt this thread about FONTE not me or Kermit or Hamilton or defamation or Everton or Koeman or Dibden Perlieus 2013 perma ban.

Jeff is still bitter as he was banned (July 2013) when he posted as Dibden Perlieu saint.

He went a bit loco and then begged to be let back on (on twitter) was hilarious but also 3.5 years ago and people move on (youd think)

I largely just ignore him on here but youll notice he still blames me for his ban and seems to want "justice"

Anyway..... Isnt this thread about FONTE not me or Kermit or Hamilton or defamation or Everton or Koeman or Dibden Perlieus 2013 perma ban.

Perhaps you could find those tweets for me old boy?

I seem to remember you got banned at the same time, but I'm not sure we can go into the reason you got banned considering the police had to get involved due to the unsavoury nature of some of your posts...and you losing it over PM. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you're correct, this is about Fonte.

If Schneiderlin, at 27, is worth in excess of £20 million, and he hasn't really played much over the last 18 months.

What is Fonte then worth ? He's been a regular first team player, until this season and won the European Championship - although he is 33. Has to be worth at least £15 million, don't you think?

If Schneiderlin, at 27, is worth in excess of £20 million, and he hasn't really played much over the last 18 months.

What is Fonte then worth ? He's been a regular first team player, until this season and won the European Championship - although he is 33. Has to be worth at least £15 million, don't you think?

We want £13m. I reckon we will take around £10m.

Still seems a lot for a 33 year old CB. Are there any other notable cases of players of that age and position (& ability / contract length) moving for a similar amount?

Ashley Williams to Everton for £12m.

(Just to MLG-proof this post, he was 31 at the time, but was 32 a few days afterwards :))

Edited by SuperSAINT
Added MLG-Proof clarification

Yes this. It's because he is frequently in a Dopamine loop.

He has an addiction to reading responses to his messages whatever the initial content he writes is. He is also aroused by the unpredictable of the response which is why the posts tend to poke for a negative. Angry people are more likely to give an unpredictable response. This seeking behavior releases Dopamine which then gives him reward when responded to and satiates him temporarily. But the reward requires more effort the next time same as with addicts. Consequently his trolling will increase at an exponential rate until eventually he gets banned again.

Trolls are just at the more severe end of the digital addict spectrum.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-wise/201209/why-were-all-addicted-texts-twitter-and-google

As for Fonte, thanks for the good times buddy, think they will forever be remembered as a Golden period of Saints FC history, good luck wherever you end up.

Ron, here's the link - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2586011/west-ham-transfer-news-hammers-launch-4m-bid-for-southamptons-wantaway-defender-jose-fonte/

Test our resolve. For £4m?? Not much of a test. But good if there is WHU, CPFC, EFC and others circling. More interest should mean a better price.

Probably true. Their opening bids for players have been laughable so far.