Tadic off?

once_bitterne

Love Tadic and he loves the club (always always claps when people cheer his name, he's very appreciative of support). Really hoping he doesn't go anywhere. He'll fine some form hopefully.

Always makes me smile that somehow a player clapping the crowd means "he loves the club". No matter how many take the bucks as soon as they are offered elsewhere, people still are unable to drop their illusions about players.

Always makes me smile that somehow a player clapping the crowd means "he loves the club". No matter how many take the bucks as soon as they are offered elsewhere, people still are unable to drop their illusions about players.

yeah exactly, a former player used to kiss the badge and that also meant **** all in the end.

Come on people, the very last thing we need is for one of our most creative players to leave because he feels the fan base are beginning to desert him. He is a firm favourite at SMS and let's be clear about this, who is not thrilled by expectation every time Dusan Tadic receives the ball at his feet in space. For me he is worth the price of admission on his own.

There absolutely is room in the team for both Dusan and Boufal if Puel would change his mindset for a few matches. All the time he or more likely Les insists on starting with Redmond & Ward Prowse then two of our most gifted talents will suffer humiliation and frustration and there can only be one outcome of that. We have an identical situation with Jorde Classie and Pierre Hojberg both exciting young talents who are being ignored at our peril.

Puel was asked the other day about how difficult it is for a manager to keep everyone happy when not in the first team, now we are seeing the fall-out and one is bound to ask if he is up to that particular task with all this open talk of dissatisfaction. Once the seed is sown....

Come on people, the very last thing we need is for one of our most creative players to leave because he feels the fan base are beginning to desert him. He is a firm favourite at SMS and let's be clear about this, who is not thrilled by expectation every time Dusan Tadic receives the ball at his feet in space. For me he is worth the price of admission on his own.

There absolutely is room in the team for both Dusan and Boufal if Puel would change his mindset for a few matches. All the time he or more likely Les insists on starting with Redmond & Ward Prowse then two of our most gifted talents will suffer humiliation and frustration and there can only be one outcome of that. We have an identical situation with Jorde Classie and Pierre Hojberg both exciting young talents who are being ignored at our peril.

Puel was asked the other day about how difficult it is for a manager to keep everyone happy when not in the first team, now we are seeing the fall-out and one is bound to ask if he is up to that particular task with all this open talk of dissatisfaction. Once the seed is sown....

And yet Redmond and JWP are some of our most in-form players. Do you keep playing them as they are in form and are likely to keep playing well, or sacrifice them for Boufal who has been poor? But the only way he can get some form is playing matches.

The bit in bold in your post suggests you've been on the good stuff though. Particularly as Tadic is pretty much guaranteed starter now behind Gabbiadini, with JWP and Redmond wide. Pre Gabbi's injury.

Very much agree with your first paragraph. Not sure about the rest... as much as Redmond has been woeful at times this season, he currently deserves his place in the team.

For as good as Tadic is, it is fair enough to question the number of times he lacks determination to put his mark on a game. It's not always easy for a creative player to play well when the team aren't seeing much of the ball, so I tend to be more forgiving of that in itself, but would like to see him show a bit more resilience in those situations, rather than fading and resorting to trying to win free kicks for soft fouls, which often get waved away by the ref.

In the same BBC gossip column saying Arsenal are interested in Tadic for £13m, it says Newcastle are going to try and sign Sigurdsson for £15m.

Either that's a trade we should be doing, or these news stories just make up random prices. Hmmmm I don't know which one to plump for...!

In the same BBC gossip column saying Arsenal are interested in Tadic for £13m, it says Newcastle are going to try and sign Sigurdsson for £15m.

Either that's a trade we should be doing, or these news stories just make up random prices. Hmmmm I don't know which one to plump for...!

I rate Tadic, highly. However if we are to sell, (I wouldn't be too surprised if we did) Sigurdsson would be the ideal replacement IMO.

Have a funny feeling we will end up with Ben Arfa though.

I rate Tadic, highly. However if we are to sell, (I wouldn't be too surprised if we did) Sigurdsson would be the ideal replacement IMO.

Have a funny feeling we will end up with Ben Arfa though.

Having both Boufal and Ben Arfa could either be very good, or a complete and utter f*cking disaster.

Can't help think that another player is going to be leaving in the summer... and once again the club have engaged the PR machine....

Too cynical?

I think too cynical in this case maybe. As i understand it it was Tadic who mouthed off and all saints have done is commented on it (like we would be shouting atthem to do if they hadnt). No fuss made by the club, just its been mentioned to him and expect better. All ok i think. Doesnt mean he wont leave of course!

• 2 weeks later...
We should really be aiming to keep Tadic, he is as good as anyone we will be able to attract in that role.

Pretty much all our good spells as a team coincide with him being on form.

Interesting Romeu said he is one of the players who always wants to win, probably sometimes comes across as petulant but probably not intended like that.

He is good, and he knows he is.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Pretty much all our good spells as a team coincide with him being on form.

Interesting Romeu said he is one of the players who always wants to win, probably sometimes comes across as petulant but probably not intended like that.

He is good, and he knows he is.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The trick is having another player like him to a) bring in when Tadic has his inevitable mid season tail off

b) (hopefully) keep him performing because he knows he isn't irreplaceable.

I heard a snippet a while back that he would always be on others players backs in the dressing room and in training, encouraging them and pushing them to be better. He really does seem to care and wants the best for everyone. I got the feeling that some of the players may not have agreed with the way he went about it but knew that he meant well.

I heard a snippet a while back that he would always be on others players backs in the dressing room and in training, encouraging them and pushing them to be better. He really does seem to care and wants the best for everyone. I got the feeling that some of the players may not have agreed with the way he went about it but knew that he meant well.

I love Romeu, brilliant player and I love his passion, we need more players like that! I have absolutely no problem if he's doing that to others, some of them probably need a kick up the backside by a fellow pro at times.

I love Romeu, brilliant player and I love his passion, we need more players like that! I have absolutely no problem if he's doing that to others, some of them probably need a kick up the backside by a fellow pro at times.

I was talking about Tadic, but I agree with everything you said.

• 1 year later...
A click-bait story from some Serbian journo. No direct quote from Tadic.

But let's jump on him regardless eh?

And yes I do fully expect Tadic to leave this summer anyway, especially if we go down. Why shouldn't he?

So just to confirm: You're on the bandwagon with me?

Played very well at Arsenal IMO. Had a hand in both goals and linked well with Long.

Should start every game and usually does, under four Managers since being here.

If he moves on in the summer then he has been a great signing and our most consistent creative player since being back in the PL.

Played very well at Arsenal IMO. Had a hand in both goals and linked well with Long.

If he moves on in the summer then he has been a great signing and our most consistent creative player since being back in the PL.

I sometimes get frustrated that he slows things down and is very reluctant to shoot. But slowing things down isn't always his fault - he's looking for the telling pass and if there's no movement that's a problem.

I'd have him ahead of Boufal and Redmond all the time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Puel dropped him a fair few times of which he complained.

I've mixed feelings about Tadic, he is talented but for me his form has dropped significantly since Pelle left, those two had a understanding which Tadic has not been able to replicate with anyone else.

As he is at the moment I would not be fussed if he went.

He is not a brave player as we have seen on numerous occasions when he has ducked out of a challenge.

We need players that will compete no matter what League we end up in.

What is being brave? He always takes the ball, always tries to create, doesn't always take the easy option even when fans are on his back.

In a successful team you need a mix. A team of Shane Long's would run the most miles but lose every week.

Tadic is our best attacking player and if we stay up will be key.

He plays every game for us, will play every game for Serbia at the WC and when he leaves us, he will go to a better team.

What is being brave? He always takes the ball, always tries to create, doesn't always take the easy option even when fans are on his back.

In a successful team you need a mix. A team of Shane Long's would run the most miles but lose every week.

He plays every game for us, will play every game for Serbia at the WC and when he leaves us, he will go to a better team.

You are of course correct, I fear many people will not realise what we've got until it's gone.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

He’s the forum whipping boy because he doesn’t run round like a headless chicken (Long), throw himself into tackles (Romeu) and isn’t from our academy (Stephens / JWP)

One of our best players and most teams in the league would snap your hand off for a player with the quality Tadic has. An attack minded coach and a proper CF would get the best out of him, something he won’t get here.

As others have said, we won’t realise how good he is until he’s gone. He’ll do very very well in Italy.

Yes, I'm sure we'll miss Tadic, with his three goals and three assists this season, how will we cope with his absence... :rolleyes:
Apologies for disregarding your opinion but until about 2 weeks ago you thought we would comfortably stay up.

He is not a brave player as we have seen on numerous occasions when he has ducked out of a challenge.

We need players that will compete no matter what League we end up in.

He is brave enough to demand the ball with 2 men around him, and look to go forward. Not like 1 or 2 who hide and like a sideways pass.

He is brave enough to demand the ball with 2 men around him, and look to go forward. Not like 1 or 2 who hide and like a sideways pass.

sorry....... And bloody loose the damn thing 90% of the time.

His assist for Arsenals 3rd on Sunday was shameful, for a player with such "mercurial" talent he should have seen Iwobe off.

Anyway as we can see here, without doubt Tadic is a Marmite player.

As for sleepless nights, that's probably down to the relegation salary cut clause in contract, and the fact that no other team has considered taking him off the shelves of Southampton FC Players'R'Us Superstore.