Liverpool EFL Cup Semi First Leg Buildup

St Chalet

I was pessimistic until I just talked with a Liverpool fan in the office.

He thinks Saints will win tonight (although they to win up there).

Says Shane Long ALWAYS scores against them and expects us to play him again and he will score again.

Concedes they are vulnerable to pace and says if we go for them with pace, they will crumble again.

5pm pessimistic, 5.10pm hopeful!

Says Shane Long ALWAYS scores against them and expects us to play him again and he will score again.

Concedes they are vulnerable to pace and says if we go for them with pace, they will crumble again.

Shane Long always scores against them? He has no goals against them when he's played for us.

No chance of that, instead of playing Long up front supported by Rodriguez, Redmond on the right and Tadic on the left we will probably end up with the non scoring midfield, Romeu, Davis and Clasie in front of the back four with the non scoring Redmond on the left and Tadic on the right with an isolated Rodriguez up front. Even at his best Rodriguez never performed well as the front man but either came in off the left or combined with Lambert and Lallana.

I just hope I'm wrong and Puel will pull a high tempo, hard pressing rabbit out of the hat. Logic tells me it isn't going to happen. I've pretty much reached the stage that I don't really know why I'm still going, as I just don't enjoy the negative, sterile dross being played this season apart from a couple of matches where we deviated from the norm.

Horrible club in a horrible city with horrible fans.

Them and the blue lot across the park really have a chip on their shoulder and can't help but live in the past.

Easily 2 of my most hated clubs, chuck them just behind Pompey.

Agreed. Buzzing for tonight now, hope there's a proper big cup tie atmosphere from us.

Hope everyone gets behind the team tonight but a 5 minute rendition of

"Your babies not yours" (to lallana) and "your wife is a whore" (to Lovren and Lallana) wouldn't go a miss!

Really? That's utterly despicable. It's just a game. Would you expect such abuse if you had a job and they nurtured you, made you a manager and then you left for another company to further your career and open new doors etc.

Light hearted banter is one thing, but the abuse you are suggesting is borderline sociopathic.

Really? That's utterly despicable. It's just a game. Would you expect such abuse if you had a job and they nurtured you, made you a manager and then you left for another company to further your career and open new doors etc.

Light hearted banter is one thing, but the abuse you are suggesting is borderline sociopathic.

Here here. No need for the abuse advocated by the poster. Mods ?

Much worse.

Expected no less from Lovren (he owed us no loyalty really), but you expect better from someone you brought through the academy, made your captain and made the player they are today.

Like every time we play them, I hope someone does a job on the rat.

Hope everyone gets behind the team tonight but a 5 minute rendition of

"Your babies not yours" (to lallana) and "your wife is a whore" (to Lovren and Lallana) wouldn't go a miss!

Those are despicable chants.

Well done Claude. First time he's. managed to pick the best 11 available. Let's hope it shows on the pitch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatnealk

Sadly no one on the bench to turn things round if Puel's opening game line up fails to work out.

en

Not sure where the goals will come from with that lineup. JRod to be isolated and Redmond and Tadic creating nothing would be my bet.

Both are horribly out of form.

Really hope to be proved wrong but feel like we could get a tonking tonight.

C'mon Saints!

Not sure where the goals will come from with that lineup. JRod to be isolated and Redmond and Tadic creating nothing would be my bet.

C'mon Saints!

What would you suggest as the alternative? Seems the team picks itself a bit tonight to be honest

C'mon Saints!

Not like Puel has many other options. Other than Clasie for Hojberg that is about our strongest team available without Austin or Boufal.

3-1 to liverpool

one of those will be down to Yoshida all on his own

we will have a decent start, lots of the ball but struggle to test their keeper.

we will score in the 1st half but run out of legs due to being not as fit as we have been in seasons gone with Puel going on about possibilities

Jrod will be isolated after about 30 mins, redmond will run round a lot but create nothing (and be praised for it on here)

and tadic will drift from wide right and to the no.10 position despite being more effective on the left

all will be fine as we lost 6-1 to this lot in the 1/4 finals last year

fact

Well the fact that Mrs Lovren had cheated on her husband (if a fact) was reported in the press. There have been multiple rumours apparently with a good factual basis that AL's child is actually someone else's so those comments allude to that. As to the feeling and the passion of the intense dislike that some feel towards these two individuals (I personally do not) this is both England, English - ness, personal and how it goes. Hence how often football/town rivalries are felt and such feeling is demonstrated so strongly. I do not know if you do/not hail from this country but this is far, far different from other so-called 'rivalries' e.g. Seattle Sounders vs LA Galaxy which, quite frankly, aren't rivalries. It is how it is and yes, some of those involved should 'expect' such 'abuse'. I do actually think that if they do notice it, they can take it. They are grown men after all and the opinion of strangers really is unlikely to even register let alone bother them. It is also the case that the 'light-hearted banter' to which you allude has no place here and, again, indicates that your appreciation of what is is incorrect and skewed. In short, c'est la vie and all is not rosy in the Garden (etc).

3-1 to liverpool

one of those will be down to Yoshida all on his own

we will have a decent start, lots of the ball but struggle to test their keeper.

we will score in the 1st half but run out of legs due to being not as fit as we have been in seasons gone with Puel going on about possibilities

Jrod will be isolated after about 30 mins, redmond will run round a lot but create nothing (and be praised for it on here)

and tadic will drift from wide right and to the no.10 position despite being more effective on the left

all will be fine as we lost 6-1 to this lot in the 1/4 finals last year

fact

you really are a boring troll

fact

This is not going to be pretty - fancy an early spate of possession and then 0-2 to Pool, making the return fixture a waste of time and effort. If I'm wrong I'll be a very happy chap, however I can't see this team being dynamic enough to trouble them and even if we do go ahead, we'll try to defend the lead and fail.

Well the fact that Mrs Lovren had cheated on her husband (if a fact) was reported in the press. There have been multiple rumours apparently with a good factual basis that AL's child is actually someone else's so those comments allude to that. As to the feeling and the passion of the intense dislike that some feel towards these two individuals (I personally do not) this is both England, English - ness, personal and how it goes. Hence how often football/town rivalries are felt and such feeling is demonstrated so strongly. I do not know if you do/not hail from this country but this is far, far different from other so-called 'rivalries' e.g. Seattle Sounders vs LA Galaxy which, quite frankly, aren't rivalries. It is how it is and yes, some of those involved should 'expect' such 'abuse'. I do actually think that if they do notice it, they can take it. They are grown men after all and the opinion of strangers really is unlikely to even register let alone bother them. It is also the case that the 'light-hearted banter' to which you allude has no place here and, again, indicates that your appreciation of what is is incorrect and skewed. In short, c'est la vie and all is not rosy in the Garden (etc).

I'm an expat, so yes I do hail from UK.

I'm an expat, so yes I do hail from UK.

Quite what the hell obscene and obnoxious chants from keyboard warriors have to do with the game I am not sure. The stuff mentioned on here (and stood up for by the likes of Dangermouth) have no place in civilised society.

No place - and no need - for it.

Not like Puel has many other options. Other than Clasie for Hojberg that is about our strongest team available without Austin or Boufal.

Indeed - and that's the worrying thing. We look very light and yet this is our best team.

Really hope they prove me wring and we win 2-0!

Let's hope nothing really serious ever happens in your life.

Still would of picked Fonte. We knew Wanyama/Morgan etc were off and still picked them.

That said I'm pretty happy with the line up. Finally no jwp starting. I got a good feeling about this one for some reason. I'm going for a 2-0 saints win with vvd having one of his best games for us.

Quite what the hell obscene and obnoxious chants from keyboard warriors have to do with the game I am not sure. The stuff mentioned on here (and stood up for by the likes of Dangermouth) have no place in civilised society.

No place - and no need - for it.

That sort of behaviour is one of the reasons I left UK in the first place. The tribal "us and them" mentality that makes grown men (and women) threaten and beat the **** out of someone for no reason. Living in Newcastle was a nightmare tbh.

Let's hope nothing really serious ever happens in your life.

You don't know me. You don't know my life. Several serious things HAVE happened in my life in recent years. A keyboard warrior is not going to undermine what I have been (and am going) through. Made me see people and the world in a different way.

Anyway, this is a thread about Saints vs L'pool. COYS!!!

Still would of picked Fonte. We knew Wanyama/Morgan etc were off and still picked them.

That said I'm pretty happy with the line up. Finally no jwp starting. I got a good feeling about this one for some reason. I'm going for a 2-0 saints win with vvd having one of his best games for us.

In fairness both Morgan and victor missed games because they weren't mentally on it.

If Fonte is hoping to move in Jan will he really put 100% in to it and risk a transfer destroying injuy?

That sort of behaviour is one of the reasons I left UK in the first place. The tribal "us and them" mentality that makes grown men (and women) threaten and beat the **** out of someone for no reason. Living in Newcastle was a nightmare tbh.

Precisely. I am English and the statements SKD and Dangermouth have made have nothing to do with my idea of "English-ness". I'm all in favour of strong rivalries, but despise this sort of mindless tribalism.

Meanwhile, come on you Saints!