Liverpool EFL Cup Semi First Leg Buildup

St Chalet

Maybe it's the latest English word that he's only just learnt.

Another week, and yet more negativity. There should be three categories of Saints "fans" these days. Observers (those who never go and endlessly comment on here during games, seemingly hating every minute of it), customers (who suggest that if they aren't getting value for money they will withdraw their custom) and supporters. They actually support the club, and its employees, when it's hard as well as when it's easy

watching West Ham last night, I thought I do hope we are not humiliated on national TV like last season!!!

I do hope the Nivea man doesn't come and rub our nose in it.

Football often surprises but over 2 legs may be asking a lot

Expect he will after being booed and insulted for the last 3 years. When will the hecklers realise how counter productive it can be, even the said player is a to55er. More often than not it gets the players back up, makes him more determined and his team mates step it up a gear in a show of solidarity.

Expect he will after being booed and insulted for the last 3 years. When will the hecklers realise how counter productive it can be, even the said player is a to55er. More often than not it gets the players back up, makes him more determined and his team mates step it up a gear in a show of solidarity.

Every single time he has come back, Lallana has completely bottled it. He hates the abuse he gets.

And remember when Lovren had to be taken off at half time because of the abuse and we scored three second half goals to win?

You truly are one mate. You have always stuck out on here as some sad soul trying to compete but neither the wit or intellect so come embarrassingly crashing down every time. Is the chip you have just down to jealousy of those of us that are educated? Chav is quite funny.

Oh, this is a competition? That figures.

and no link to the holocaust quote

oh dear

Every single time he has come back, Lallana has completely bottled it. He hates the abuse he gets.

And remember when Lovren had to be taken off at half time because of the abuse and we scored three second half goals to win?

Actually now I think about it you're quite right. Bad example

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Another week, and yet more negativity. There should be three categories of Saints "fans" these days. Observers (those who never go and endlessly comment on here during games, seemingly hating every minute of it), customers (who suggest that if they aren't getting value for money they will withdraw their custom) and supporters. They actually support the club, and its employees, when it's hard as well as when it's easy

C'mon it was a throwaway joke from Grandad, one of the more thoughtful posters on here. Your categories are a bit daft as well - don't think anyone intends to stop going to games, and those who do go are just as likely to be postive/negative as others.

Edited by DuncanRG

Am becoming more confident by the day. If we can get into them early like we did Spurs and not drop back and try to hold a one nil lead we could get something here. That said, it's probably the pre semi final excitement. I was dreading this last week and then remembered that I hadn't seen Saints in a major cup semi for 14 years.

The Lovren sub and then subsequent second half collapse really was a thing of beauty.

Yeah, definitely bottled it when they smashed us 6-1. :mcinnes:

He contributed nothing to their team's performance. He's always gone missing.

It'll be interesting to see on Wednesday if he finally shows up. Law of averages and his recent form suggests he probably will, but let's hope not.

He contributed nothing to their team's performance. He's always gone missing.

It'll be interesting to see on Wednesday if he finally shows up. Law of averages and his recent form suggests he probably will, but let's hope not.

Strange that. A quick look at the Liverpool Echo ratings of the two games last season and he has a 7/10 and an 8/10. Not the kind of ratings people who don't show up get.

Strange that. A quick look at the Liverpool Echo ratings of the two games last season and he has a 7/10 and an 8/10. Not the kind of ratings people who don't show up get.

Well if the Liverpool Echo said it, it must be true... I'm yet to see him do anything of note on any of his returns to St. Mary's.

My personal opinion, having watched the games, is that he has gone missing and hasn't had much of an influence in those games.

Well if the Liverpool Echo said it, it must be true... I'm yet to see him do anything of note on any of his returns to St. Mary's.

Of course a Saints fan saying he's never shown up isn't as biased as the Liverpool Echo.....

Tbf even a quick look at the match report of the 3-2 last season and most have him down as 7/10, even pointing out he put a chance on a plate for Benteke to finish the game off at 2-1.

Form he's in at the moment, he will certainly be showing up on Wednesday anyhow.

Of course a Saints fan saying he's never shown up isn't as biased as the Liverpool Echo.....

Tbf even a quick look at the match report of the 3-2 last season and most have him down as 7/10, even pointing out he put a chance on a plate for Benteke to finish the game off at 2-1.

Form he's in at the moment, he will certainly be showing up on Wednesday anyhow.

Form he's in at the moment, he probably won't be playing, thankfully.

C'mon it was a throwaway joke from Grandad, one of the more thoughtful posters on here. Your categories are a bit daft as well - don't think anyone intends to stop going to games, and those who do go are just as likely to be postive/negative as others.

Thanks Duncan, at least there's one person who can see me smiling as I write.

Personally I have nothing against M. Puel himself, it's just that I think he is taking a lot longer to adjust to England and English football than I would have expected. I would dearly love to have a conversation with him over a glass of wine or two and discuss his philosophy of how football should be played.

My personal opinion, having watched the games, is that he has gone missing and hasn't had much of an influence in those games.

I thought he looked nervous in his first return, but not after that. Some players do struggle when they first go back to their original club. It's nothing to do with bottle or going missing, and certainly nothing to do with any stick we may dish out. I hate to say it, but none of our returnees have had anywhere near the hatred and abuse the skates gave us and Twitchy in '05. It's pretty tame really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

Not sure what happened there! Anyway I better give an option now. Should be a good atmosphere and I'm just hoping we still have a realistic chance when we go to Anfield. Surely the best chance we have is attacking them, but we haven't show much evidence of that lately.

Thanks Duncan, at least there's one person who can see me smiling as I write.

Personally I have nothing against M. Puel himself, it's just that I think he is taking a lot longer to adjust to England and English football than I would have expected. I would dearly love to have a conversation with him over a glass of wine or two and discuss his philosophy of how football should be played.

A touching scene, and he could give you some tips on how to drink wine while you were at it.

With my psychobabble hat on, could it be argued that it would be better to go into the 2nd leg a goal down rather than a goal up?

If we go into the 2nd leg a goal up, I assume Puel will be tempted to set up the team to protect the lead rather than extend it (and we all know how that will end up...), whereas, if we go into the game a goal down we'll have no choice but to set ourselves up to attack.

Hmm, on reflection, I probably ought to be locked up for thinking out loud and spouting such nonsense... :)

Let's hope ticket allocation for Wembley is based on semi final attendance...

It won't be. It'll rightfully be season ticket holders (even if they didn't attend semi's) before none ST holders who went to Semi's.

Optimistic thinking we have a chance of getting there though!

With my psychobabble hat on, could it be argued that it would be better to go into the 2nd leg a goal down rather than a goal up?

If we go into the 2nd leg a goal up, I assume Puel will be tempted to set up the team to protect the lead rather than extend it (and we all know how that will end up...), whereas, if we go into the game a goal down we'll have no choice but to set ourselves up to attack.

Hmm, on reflection, I probably ought to be locked up for thinking out loud and spouting such nonsense... :)

Puel setting us up to attack? that'll be the day.

Makes a lot of sense unfortunately... It'll certainly make me feel better if we do loose by a couple of goals or less :D

I'd like to think Puel has this covered though so if we do end up winning tomorrow (unlikely I know) then we set up for some pacey counter attacking football in the 2nd leg and not just try to park the bus.

Edited by Jai27

3-0 Liverpool.

How can you call yourself Saints foreva and the say 3-0 to Liverpool? I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your negativity astounds me. I for one will be right behind our team from the first whistle. We March On.

How can you call yourself Saints foreva and the say 3-0 to Liverpool? I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your negativity astounds me. I for one will be right behind our team from the first whistle. We March On.

I'd sooner they won 3-0, than us. That would be v.terrible. I can picture it all, the build up to the second leg I mean. It'll be all geared up for Another Famous Night at AnfieldTM, as the Scouse Heroes vanquish the forces of Evil, in the biggest cum-back since Lovren's wife taught her lumberjack the withdrawal method. Everyone will be on board with this narrative, the media, the pundits, the referee. Especially the referee. It'll be as inevitable as it is vomit-inducing. I wouldn't wish for it, honest I wouldn't. Better to meekly surrender now. A nice little 2-0, something like that.

I mean, unless we can actually get through to the final, of course, but I've played the tie 15 times in my head, and it hasn't happened once.

Why does a (potentially realistic) prediction mean that he's not behind the team? I think we'll draw 1-1 and then loose 2 or 3-0 at their place, but I'll be supporting and urging the team on for the whole 180 minutes +.

I'd love to be wrong. This is our biggest game of the season but my head just says they'll smash us, the usually have no problems finding the net and we've forgot how to defend, we also can't score for ****. It was 1 sided as **** in the league, we got lucky that they missed some sitters.

I think you misunderstood. There's a difference between what you want/wish for (us to annihilate Liverpool 70000000000000000000000-0 over the two legs) and what you expect. Try this little experiment. We are to play Barcelona's full first team in a competitive fixture. Name the score.

Now then.

Did you stop supporting Saints or did you look at the comparison between the teams and decide we were likely to be taught a lesson?

It's okay. We've been saving ourselves all season for this. We'll do the damage tomorrow and then off up there with salt for their wounds. We will slice them up and score four in the first twenty then keep them a bay until half time. Second half we'll stifle their every move causing total frustration. This will lead to a mass tantrum resulting in them finishing with six men. As I say the second leg will just be rubbing it in.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I'd sooner they won 3-0, than us. That would be v.terrible. I can picture it all, the build up to the second leg I mean. It'll be all geared up for Another Famous Night at AnfieldTM, as the Scouse Heroes vanquish the forces of Evil, in the biggest cum-back since Lovren's wife taught her lumberjack the withdrawal method. Everyone will be on board with this narrative, the media, the pundits, the referee. Especially the referee. It'll be as inevitable as it is vomit-inducing. I wouldn't wish for it, honest I wouldn't. Better to meekly surrender now. A nice little 2-0, something like that.

I mean, unless we can actually get through to the final, of course, but I've played the tie 15 times in my head, and it hasn't happened once.

Bearsy!

Welcome back! :smug:

It's okay. We've been saving ourselves all season for this. We'll do the damage tomorrow and then off up there with salt for their wounds. We will slice them up and score four in the first twenty then keep them a bay until half time. Second half we'll stifle their every move causing total frustration. This will lead to a mass tantrum resulting in them finishing with six men. As I say the second leg will just be rubbing it in.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Yeah right.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bearsy!

Welcome back! :smug:

Hi bj! Nice to be remembered, it's been 18 months since I was like, fk this, I ain't posting anymore till Jose Fonte is out of my club. Time flies, ain't it! Things have changed a lot on here srs. I was expecting the same old shit by the same old posters, but it's not, I'm finding the same old shit by some new posters too.

:lol::lol::lol:

hi sue, I wasn't ban. We musn't slander stevegrant like that, he already seems to be holding my face hostage. What happened was I had my head turned by a big-money transfer from upcoming sotonians.com pap forum, so I was post there last year. But they have a new rule that ur not allowed to call people paedophile for no reason, and that has been causing me a problem with my normal posting patterns, so I am Free Agent at moment. I'm hoping for offer from Chinese frm tbh. That seems to be where the Money Is!

xx

hi sue, I wasn't ban. We musn't slander stevegrant like that, he already seems to be holding my face hostage. What happened was I had my head turned by a big-money transfer from upcoming sotonians.com pap forum, so I was post there last year. But they have a new rule that ur not allowed to call people paedophile for no reason, and that has been causing me a problem with my normal posting patterns, so I am Free Agent at moment. I'm hoping for offer from Chinese frm tbh. That seems to be where the Money Is!

xx

welcome-back-8488873.jpg

So just to clarify one must never predict Saints losing and if you do, you are not a good fan?

It's hard to imagine us suddenly playing much better than we have done all season just for this game. That's why some are coming across negative. Obviously they hope we do the very unlikely and win but on form you would have to say 0-3 and a saints red card all day long.