Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 138 of 138

Thread: Goalkeeping coach Dave Watson

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Eric Black is coming back
    As a goalkeeping coach?

  2. Default

    We're going Back to Black?
    (One for us Amy Winehouse fans)

  3. Default

    I always liked Shilton , he wasn't perfect but he knew how to command the area ! (don't mention the Jag incident )

  4. #104

    Default

    Ian Black was one of our best goalkeepers.

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Frederik GŲŖling was Ralph's GK coach at Leipzig, where he still works. Perhaps a name to look out for.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    **** me, not another umlaut?

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    **** me, not another umlaut?
    No, an Eszett.

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    No, an Eszett.
    Isn't that an umlaut over the 'o' ?

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lumuah View Post
    I don't think the club has had a good keeping coach since David Coles
    Heís available.

    https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...former-2956174

  9. #109

    Default

    Andrew Sparkes leaving Orlando Pirates, might be something in this.

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Andrew Sparkes leaving Orlando Pirates, might be something in this.
    Is he a good option in your opinion?

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Is he a good option in your opinion?
    Very highly respected coach amongst UK based Gk coaches. I’ve magpied a lot of his ideas and methods.

  12. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Very highly respected coach amongst UK based Gk coaches. Iíve magpied a lot of his ideas and methods.
    letís hope heís on his way to us as itís one area that needs shall we say freshening up

  13. #113

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Very highly respected coach amongst UK based Gk coaches. I’ve magpied a lot of his ideas and methods.
    Better than Erick Black or worse?

  14. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Better than Erick Black or worse?
    Did he coach the goalies?

  15. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Very highly respected coach amongst UK based Gk coaches. Iíve magpied a lot of his ideas and methods.
    His most recent follow on Twitter is the Saints Player Liaison Officer, not that that means anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    His most recent follow on Twitter is the Saints Player Liaison Officer, not that that means anything.
    - K,Billy’s little clue...
    - Sparkes leaving his current club.
    - Now following Saints staff

    Pretty positive signs

  17. #117

    Default

    Now following Saints.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  18. #118

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rica
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Andrew Sparkes leaving Orlando Pirates, might be something in this.
    Spent time with both Red Bull Salzburg and New York Red Bulls so is well known by the Red Bull "family" and I guess by tenuous extension might also be known to Ralph as well.

  19. #119

    Default

    Hopefully the end of zero talent Watson


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #120

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Hopefully the end of zero talent Watson


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obviously you are having a very bad day as all you seem to want to do is slag off our players and now a coach. Who next I wonder? Let's

  21. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Obviously you are having a very bad day as all you seem to want to do is slag off our players and now a coach. Who next I wonder? Let's
    What players? Huh. Dave Watson is a myth. Looking forward to a fresh approach in the GK coaching department


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    What players? Huh. Dave Watson is a myth. Looking forward to a fresh approach in the GK coaching department


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He must have something about him to have had a successful career but it's a fact that since he's been at the club every keeper we've had has regressed or stagnated, time for some new coaching techniques me thinks.

  23. #123

    Default

    Sparkes just put on his twitter he's leaving south africa and heading home to england
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 21.11.40.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	2818

  24. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    Sparkes just put on his twitter he's leaving south africa and heading home to england
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 21.11.40.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	2818
    Great spot, mate. Wonder who the new club is...

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Great spot, mate. Wonder who the new club is...
    he also follows Gunn and Southampton on twitter and Jaidi

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 21.37.55.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	2819

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    he also follows Gunn and Southampton on twitter and Jaidi

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 21.37.55.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	2819
    Big fan of ex-Man City keepers & the development of our U23’s last season

  27. #127

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Dave is staying but in a new role dont know what it is exactly but I guess he will work with the whole first team now. Leaving Sparkes to coach the keepers he and ralph feel we need.

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    Dave is staying but in a new role dont know what it is exactly but I guess he will work with the whole first team now. Leaving Sparkes to coach the keepers he and ralph feel we need.
    Interesting. Any updates on any other incomings/outgoings K Billy?

  29. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    Dave is staying but in a new role dont know what it is exactly but I guess he will work with the whole first team now. Leaving Sparkes to coach the keepers he and ralph feel we need.
    Finally ascended to the Sammy Lee role as chief cone putter outer.


    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  30. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Finally ascended to the Sammy Lee role as chief cone putter outer.


    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    Or Dennis T-shirt Half-Time Entertainment Officer ?

  31. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    Dave is staying but in a new role dont know what it is exactly but I guess he will work with the whole first team now. Leaving Sparkes to coach the keepers he and ralph feel we need.
    Thanks for the update, am ok with Dave in a different role he seems to have it anyway so that was maybe diluting his effectiveness as goalkeeping coach. Now thatwe have sparkes he can focus 100% on the club's keepers etc it can only be a good thing.

  32. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    Dave is staying but in a new role dont know what it is exactly but I guess he will work with the whole first team now. Leaving Sparkes to coach the keepers he and ralph feel we need.
    Club hair stylist?

  33. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    Dave is staying but in a new role dont know what it is exactly but I guess he will work with the whole first team now. Leaving Sparkes to coach the keepers he and ralph feel we need.
    Adkins always used to praise Watson when we scored creative freekick routines saying that he was the one who came up with them, maybe he'll be specficially a set piece coach.

  34. #134

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chandlers Ford
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Adkins always used to praise Watson when we scored creative freekick routines saying that he was the one who came up with them, maybe he'll be specficially a set piece coach.
    Adkins? Thought Watson joined when Koeman was manager?

  35. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Johnson View Post
    Adkins? Thought Watson joined when Koeman was manager?
    I’m pretty sure that was the case too. Joined in the summer IIRC.

  36. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Adkins always used to praise Watson when we scored creative freekick routines saying that he was the one who came up with them, maybe he'll be specficially a set piece coach.
    what like getting harry kane to take corners in the world cup

  37. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Adkins always used to praise Watson when we scored creative freekick routines saying that he was the one who came up with them, maybe he'll be specficially a set piece coach.
    Adins left in January 2013

    Watson joined in July 2014

  38. #138

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Finally ascended to the Sammy Lee role as chief cone putter outer.


    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    That's a tad demeaning, he is also capable of telling the 4th official who the subs will be.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •