It's OK. We finish 9th!!!

Dublin Saint

Thought this was quite interesting. Guff but interesting.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/38524102

I'll lowest finish since our first season back in the prem.

On the back of 3 consecutive record finishes with a young and developing squad, and on the back of record tv monies for consecutive years, the 6th lowest wage to turnover ratio in the last set of accounts and being top of the net transfer spend for that period.

Can't really see any excuse for us to drop to that position in the table whilst playing the dire football we are - a poor year all in all.

Fortunately I think we'll match Poch's second season.

Simple truth is that we've had 2 of the best managers in england, as well as most of a top 4 team, leave saints in the last few years. And its all because the board's ambition is to sit in mid table and turn a profit.

On the back of 3 consecutive record finishes with a young and developing squad, and on the back of record tv monies for consecutive years, the 6th lowest wage to turnover ratio in the last set of accounts and being top of the net transfer spend for that period.

Can't really see any excuse for us to drop to that position in the table whilst playing the dire football we are - a poor year all in all.

Simple truth is that we've had 2 of the best managers in england, as well as most of a top 4 team, leave saints in the last few years. And its all because the board's ambition is to sit in mid table and turn a profit.

I'm just wondering, what do you want out of the football you're seeing? Would you prefer the long punts of last season (especially the first half of the season). More shots (we're averaging more shots and clear cut chances this season than last), or would you prefer to see more possession (we are averaging a higher percentage than last season).

Or do you just prefer that we don't pass it around the defence as much?

I'm just wondering, what do you want out of the football you're seeing? Would you prefer the long punts of last season (especially the first half of the season). More shots (we're averaging more shots and clear cut chances this season than last), or would you prefer to see more possession (we are averaging a higher percentage than last season).

Or do you just prefer that we don't pass it around the defence as much?

ooh ooh! I can do this one!

More movement off the ball. More confidence to play forward. Don't always take the easy option in Midfield to pass back. Less touches of the ball when in possession in the final third. Quicker passing. Get the ball down in defense. Come off your line Keeper when there is a cross or corner within reach.

We'd win the league if we did all this. This managing is pi*s easy.

Football is fixed anyways... Whocares you really think Leicester won the title? By outperforming other teams? Call me a conspiracy theorist but I reckon it was engineered to make out that it's not just about the big boys in the league. Also research bookies paying out. Its fixed..... End of story.

Everton do not have a better team/squad than us (just now) but they do (imho) have a better manager.

No excuses for us to finish behind WBA or Bournemouth.....

i think Tony Pulis is a good manager, not really one that a top six club will ever want but he does a good job with his teams. so finishing behind WBA is not something that would worry me.

I hope that they turn a profit every single year, and a healthy one at that too. We do not have a 'Sugar Daddy', (and neither would I want one) we have experienced people with good business acumen. The overarching strategy of most businesses is to make a profit. Strange, I know - but do that - and your in business next year as well. Fail to do it and the consequences can be quite catastrophic - how much was it (after the overdraft) that actually sent us into debt not too many years ago - 10 grand or something stupid?

People use the phrase 'invest in the club' but fail to understand what 'invest' actually means. Anybody who invests something, wants more than their investment returned at a later date. Investors do not give money away, so I am more than happy that Kat and the board 'invests' in the club as they have been doing.

If on the other hand you want somebody to spend, spend, spend, break the wage structure and gamble on big wages equaling big players and big success I think you need a gambler and not an investor.

The footballs not great right now - but it was always going to be very difficult to top our last couple of seasons. I'm very happy that we are 'investing' and in profit, very happy.

Football is fixed anyways... Whocares you really think Leicester won the title? By outperforming other teams? Call me a conspiracy theorist but I reckon it was engineered to make out that it's not just about the big boys in the league. Also research bookies paying out. Its fixed..... End of story.

:suspicious:

Whoever fixed Vardy's goal against Liverpool deserves a pint.