Saints 1 Liverpool 0 - Meltdown Thread

St Chalet

MotM vs Liverpool (LC SF 1st Leg H)  

415 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (LC SF 1st Leg H)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Yoshida
    • van Dijk
    • Clasie
    • Romeu
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Rodriguez
    • Højbjerg
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse

Pleased to win, a very strong performance. Shame it wasn't a league match though and we're only at half time as Liverpool will be comfortable winners at Anfield.

Most annoying thing about it was we should have put the tie to bed had Redmond and Cedric taken their hatful of excellent chances. A great cup run though and credit where credit is due, well done to Puel for getting us as far as the semi's.

Don't know how to feel about that.

Great result in isolation, but the tie could have been out of sight already. We could / should have scored 4.

We can certainly build on the result for the 2nd meg and also the 2nd half of the season

Redmond will again be the fall guy for some

COYR

Great result. Should have been more, but we looked a threat going forward and I've not thought that for some time. Shout out to Redmond who I thought ran his socks off. Romeu bossed the midfield. Defense back to being very, very solid again. Much better. Tbh I thought we'd lose tonight, but we take an advantage to Anfield. Will be difficult up there but who knows. Thought the ref had his instructions that they want Man Utd / Liverpool final - gave every decision their way. Anyway, pleased with that.

Great result, but poor finishing will probably cost us the tie in the end.

Appalling officiating, which borderd on cheating imo.

We looked dangerous on the counter, which, if we play like that, can only be a positive thing for the second leg.

Great first half, but we generally tend to fade in the second. Time to change that!

What ever happens next leg. Surely everyone can be proud of the lads tonight probably our best performance of the season. If only we had a goal scorer upfront .

Definitely, it was a very good performance so encouraging. Agree too that if we'd had Austin upfront we probably would have been 3 or 4 nil up. At least we reached the semi that's pretty good on its own, but when Liverpool play Man Utd at Wembley we'll all be looking on thinking "what if"

What ever happens next leg. Surely everyone can be proud of the lads tonight probably our best performance of the season. If only we had a goal scorer upfront .

It was a great performance and you can't criticise anyone too much but it's clear it ISN"T just a striker problem. I don't remember chances falling to Rodriguez, Redmond had 4 sitters and only converted 1 and Cedric also missed a great chance.

Collectively, right through the side, the finishing is terrible. Not just bad, but abysmal. Unfortunately for that reason we are still underdogs to get to Wembley

Its a win, but we still dont have on our shooting boots - its should have been 3.

We will regret it come the second leg, unfortunately. But our least we will be able to hold our heads high over the two legs.

The worst thing for me is Claridge giving it some about how crap our striking is on the BBC, primarily because he is right...

I think I read that away goals count in the second leg, but only after extra time. Keeping a clean sheet at home tonight was huge.

Great win! Whatever happens at Anfield we deserved a win, actually we deserved more goals.

Performance was good all over the park, my man of the match was Maya. He was immense and showed we don't miss Fonte. He got his head to everything. Jay worked hard, as did Redmond who might have got it had one or two of his other chances gone in, and Romeu was close to getting MOTM. But Maya - great performance.

I worry about Tadic's petulance a bit, he doesn't look himself at the moment...