Graham Taylor died

Give it to Ron

Extremely sad. Good manager, even better man.

Yep, I had a family member who worked at Watford, where they had a sort of open office where basically all the staff worked from

Whenever he came in to do bits for the club, he would say hello to everyone, knew all their names, from the very top people to the bottom

He would have time for any of them and was apparently just in general a great guy to be around

Yep, I had a family member who worked at Watford, where they had a sort of open office where basically all the staff worked from

Whenever he came in to do bits for the club, he would say hello to everyone, knew all their names, from the very top people to the bottom

He would have time for any of them and was apparently just in general a great guy to be around

The mark of a great manager.

Thanks for the memories Graham, you were one of a kind.

I am deeply saddened and shocked to hear about Graham's passing.

He was like a brother to me. We shared an unbreakable bond since we first met. We went on an incredible journey together and it will stay with me forever. He took my beloved Watford from the depths of the lower leagues to unchartered territory and into Europe. We have become a leading English club because of his managerial wisdom and genius.

This is a sad and dark day for Watford. The club and the town. We will cherish Graham and drown our sorrows in the many brilliant memories he gave us.

I love you Graham. I will miss you very much.

My thoughts go out to Rita, Joanne, Karen and the whole Taylor family.

Sad

Probably out of his depth as England manager, but getting Watford to the First division (twice) and nearly winning the league with Villa were superb achievements.

But a thoroughly decent, straightforward man. One story is that a long term Watford supporter got married and invited him to be his best man, not actually knowing him personally. But he was down in Watford on commentary duty, did the honours including the speech, then hung around chatting.

During his first term at Watford he insisted that all players lived in the borough, so that they lived with the supporters. Which was clearly a part of building up the team and the club. Top bloke. Will be missed

I wondered how The Sun would report it, given the terrible disrespect they gave him as England manager. They've quoted Ferguson saying some fairly nice things about him on their lurid website. It would probably be more dignified for them to say nothing at all.

I wondered how The Sun would report it, given the terrible disrespect they gave him as England manager. They've quoted Ferguson saying some fairly nice things about him on their lurid website. It would probably be more dignified for them to say nothing at all.

Wonderful 90 minute tribute to him on Radio 5live this evening, with the exception of the odious, Harry Harris trying to excuse the press coverage at the time.

I'm sure there wont ever be a 90 second program about that cvnt.

Real shame seemed like a top bloke who knew his onions. Remember watching him on those celebrities v old pros games and he was the celebs manager and tried to cram as much into their heads as was possible in a short time. Sat in SMS watching games I spot so many of the little nuggets he passed on even now, so he obviously had a good way of getting things across.

RIP

Always came across as a man of great integrity, who conducted himself in a very dignified way despite the public humiliation from the media. Very thoughtful and considered speaker when a pundit, and interesting to listen to.

His Watford achievement was remarkable. I remember Watford playing us at The Dell after their promotion, two wingers - Barnes & Callaghan - took us apart and left us floundering, as they won 4-1. And of course there was his part in our epic loss at Watford after starting a League Cup tie 4-0 up from the first leg.

Football has lost one of it's few true gentlemen.

In the 98-99 season, Watford were back in the Premier League but, after a bright start, struggled for the rest of the season and went back down.

Every week, on Match of the Day, Graham Taylor was smiling, positive and made no excuses. he bascially said that his team weren't quite ready for the Premier League.

There was no moaning or blaming of the officials. A throroughly decent man who's left us far too soon.