Burnley 1 Saints 0 - Reaction

Mr X

Still think we're in the ****. Liverpool was encouraging but no killer instinct. We will limp to c40 points. If we're lucky. I'm a bit concerned tbh. It's not like last year's autumn/winter slump. We had much better players then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When will it be too late to take action, Reed. If we go down your doomed as well so get off your effing Rrse and do what you are paid to do.

He says he is not spending time on thinking about new signings but is concentrating instead on upcoming fixtures. Or words to that effect.

Clueless.

A worryingly common performance and result. The Liverpool game was a blip, even Wednesday's up-and-at-em style was forced onto the players by the crowd around the 15 minute mark, before that we were so ****ing pedestrian.

Changes need on and off the pitch. Unfortunately Les Reed is so far up his own arse that nothing will change.

He says he is not spending time on thinking about new signings but is concentrating instead on upcoming fixtures. Or words to that effect.

Probably been told he isn't signing anyone and that he has the best pool of midfielders in the premier league to pick from.

Any post match comments from Puel or any of the squad yet? Can't see anything.

Summary -

Important for me to keep stability

Important to keep calm, maintain good spirit and produce a good reaction for the next game

It's an important week because it's the future of our season

Important (EVERYTHING is important)

Virgil is very important for us

It is a frustrating time but I cant agree with all the fingers pointed at Foster.

Whilst I think he needs to be better coached about his position ie permanently stuck within his 6 yard box, apart from the Palace game, I cant see he has made any major bloomers.

He would have assumed that the wall would have stood firm against what was basically a side foot free kick from Barton, so I don't blame him for this.

Romeu was a little bit unfortunate to be penalised but that doesn't paper over the cracks we have going forward.

Shane Long is now the very average forward I thought he was when we first signed him (I really hope he will prove me wrong again), Tadic is not firing on all cylinders and JWP not progressing as we hoped.

I do think we are not getting the run of the ball but the results don't lie and it is very important we strengthen as there is definitely a relegation battle looming especially as we fail to get results against Leicester and Swansea.

Beyond this I wonder how we will regress further if VVD is sold.

Oh dear oh dear.... Forster has been poor ....

Haven't read thread as normally too negative and ott after a loss.

I thought we played OK for an away match, by far the better side nothing to be worried about. However typical that our chances don't go in and their chance does.

I thought we played OK for an away match, by far the better side nothing to be worried about. However typical that our chances don't go in and their chance does.

Surely us not taking chances (again) is something to be worried about?

We cant blame Puel for everything as we have a very weak squad .....i think its about time we stopped ****ing around with our golden academy and started actually buying in some quality

If we are sticking with him as Reed says so then he needs better players simple really. Trouble is it's fine picking a manager that is good with academy but we do not breed players in positions we are desperate for look across ages and last few years when did we have a big forward ? Barnes is only one and he is injured and behind again.

Unfortunately whilst we are lacking some quality here and there Puel is really making just too many changes, even today!

He really has to work at repeating the team that works. I don't if he is too 'clever' for his own good or not capable.....

The main horrendous decision was leaving JRod out.... what on earth was about and please don't say tiredness...

Sims has looked excellent when played but doesn't get picked?

Puel really does need to stop trying to be too clever and be more intuitive about the what he sees on the pitch.

These results are not acceptable given the methods Puel dictates......

Summary -

Important for me to keep stability

Important to keep calm, maintain good spirit and produce a good reaction for the next game

It's an important week because it's the future of our season

Important (EVERYTHING is important)

Virgil is very important for us

So all we have to do is keep VVD, and it's ok to lose by only one goal to nil each match.

What planet are Puel and his masters on?

Have to agree - he doesn't inspire confidence at all & players don't seem to respect his tactics - if they did why would the club captain want to leave although I am aware of other comments made on this subject or possible reasons for that.

My concern is that we are losing all the momentum of the past few seasons of growth - 19 goals in 21 league matches is simply not good enough for a team that should have been consolidating their position as a (on average) top 8 place outfit?

We need to find a way to stop selling too many of our good players and maintain a stronger long term core - almost all of the decent players that have left us in recent years chasing more success, money etc have not flourished as they might have hoped and I'm afraid that in CP I don't believe that we have a manager that knows his best team or has the tactical awareness or has the teams respect that makes then want to go out and perform for him.

Put that together with what I am worried is a lack of wisdom as far as the buy/sell policy and long term strategy of the club is concerned and for me the writing is clearly now on the wall.

We need a target man who can hold the ball up and bring in other players, a defence partnership that has confidence in each other (Fonte now has to go) and a manager who can stop the decline!

Yes the Liverpool result was nice but not convincing because we simply don't take advantage of possession and ...........................SCORE GOALS!!

Does anyone feel sorry for Puel?

Forster has decided to play like a ****.

Long no longer wants to score.

Austin gets injured.

Reed signs Redmond as a striker.

Fonte became a ****.

Peid unluckily got injured.

is it all his fault I wonder?

In a way but every side has injuries and loss of form but does every team make 56 changes in 10 games?

I can't feel sorry for so many changes against WBA the one winnable game over Christmas. Play same side win the game then rotate like most teams do

Just not good enough for the Premier League, the players are letting us all down and the manager doesn't have a clue how to put it right.

The players were the same ones who used to not let us down. Manager is the only real difference.

Not to the Board or Manager it seems.

Well we have to, its plain obvious. Its feels so disappointing to be below the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and Stoke in the league. Even Everton dare I say, who aren't even anything special. I just hope we have got some potential signings in the pipeline. Something has to change.

If everything stays as it is then we will survive. Based on all teams keeping the same form etc.

However what you fail to take into account is we still have to play all the bottom three (2 away)If they are improving and we are decreasing at those points then logic says the points gap will decrease. So yes it is arrogant. I remember when Newcastle fans said they were too big to go down...

This time last year Newcastle were second bottom, 18 points and four wins all season. Your comparison is hysterical gibberish.

We're not going down. If we were in Sunderland's position right now, would you be telling us how we'd be improving and we'll beat teams seven or eight points ahead of us now and stay up? I somehow doubt it.

24 points, we will not be relegated.

Points to one thing yet again...... Weak goalkeeper .... He's not helping Puel's case.....

J rods brother just said puel out on Twitter and Southampton played poor football.

Noted this comment on his twitter feed:

Jay would've buried some of those first half chances ffs

Obviously influenced by brotherly bias. I wouldn't be so sure. AFCB apart, his finishing is about as feeble as everyone else.

Which begs the question why haven't the club addressed the situation you mention in your last sentence? That's probably why the fans are booing.

Of course, I understand that. But booing the team - they gave there all and Puel is doing the best with what he has. Signing the players is not the players fault and I would imagine not completely Puels.

Equally, those criticising Forster and the idiot who was just on 606 ... be careful what you wish for.

Meanwhile, Leicester are currently losing 3-0 at home

They are rubbish and we will beat them easily, just like we did to Liverpool. So calm down everyone.

Yes we wouldn't lose at home to Chelsea would we?

We definately need goals from somewhere..personally I think it's the formation and player motivation but it could be they are just rubbish!

19 in 21 games is really bad and shows that its is every week rather than a slump.

I do think another manager would get more goals out of this set of players.

However I think Puel gets consistency of performance from them with his set up.

Does anyone feel sorry for Puel?

Forster has decided to play like a ****.

Long no longer wants to score.

Austin gets injured.

Reed signs Redmond as a striker.

Fonte became a ****.

Peid unluckily got injured.

is it all his fault I wonder?

It's not all his fault but he needs to grow a pair and kick Reeds door in on Monday

Meanwhile, Leicester are currently losing 3-0 at home

They are rubbish and we will beat them easily, just like we did to Liverpool. So calm down everyone.

His timer has kicked in again. Yes we know you think everything is rosey, you don't have to keep telling us every 20 minutes. Calm down, go out and have a pint. Don't worry the revolution is a long way off.

Of course, I understand that. But booing the team - they gave there all and Puel is doing the best with what he has. Signing the players is not the players fault and I would imagine not completely Puels.

Equally, those criticising Forster and the idiot who was just on 606 ... be careful what you wish for.

I understand what you are saying but sometimes the boos are directed at the general way the club is being run and that was probably the case today.